Puppetmaster

Don't Be Afraid of Me

WARNING: MILD TORTUE AHEAD! BE CAREFUL WHEN READING

 

SKYE’S POV

Of course, all perfect things must come to an end. I stood up, hugging Key goodbye. The kitsunes and Imugis were going on ahead to the Army, splitting off from the wolves and warlocks. We had decided they could move much faster without being weighed down by Seungri and Jiyong (who was still recovering), and the wolves had wanted to stay behind to protect them.

We all waved goodbye to the others, agreeing to meet up again at the Army. After a few hours of relaxation, Suho and Kris chose an alternate route, and we started walking at a much slower pace. Jiyong kept stumbling, and Seunghyun hovered by him carefully. Xiumin was carrying Seungri like a baby, the strongest wolf after Suho and Kris, who were watching the front and back.

Chanyeol was next to me, guiding me through the rougher undergrowth. Baekhyun was off to the side, scanning the trees for danger. We were poised for attack, seeing dangers behind every tree. After a full day of walking, we reached a dark clearing.

"Let’s rest here." Kris announced, calling up from the back. Jiyong swayed with exhaustion, leaning heavily on Seunghyun.

"No." Baekhyun spoke suddenly from the darkness, making everyone jump. "This place is evil." Baekhyun swept his gaze around the clearing, eyes narrowing.

"Baekhyun, how can a place be evil?" Suho asked. Baekhyun shrugged, shoulders tense and mouth turned down.

"It feels dark." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol smiled, rolling his eyes at his friend.

"Baekhyun, it IS dark here, we’re in the middle of the woods." Chanyeol teased. Baekhyun’s eyes snapped to the side, a low growl surfacing.

"I know that, you idiot. I mean it feels like death and darkness." Baekhyun hissed angrily. Chanyeol jerked back like he had been slapped, and Suho stepped forward gently.

"Okay, Baekhyun, calm down. I understand what you’re saying, but do you think we could stay for just one night? Jiyong can’t go much further." Suho said carefully. Baekhyun closed his eyes, thinking, and light blazed up around us.

"Alright." After a moment, it faded, and Baekhyun relaxed. "One night only."

"Done."

CHANYEOL’S POV

I lifted my head sleepily, looking around. Skye shifted next to me, and I was careful not to wake her. I gazed around, seeing all of us asleep. Xiumin, who was supposed to be on watch, was snoring with his head on his knees, exhausted from carrying Jiyong. A faint glow showed me where Baekhyun was keeping watch, and I walked over to where he was.

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun said. I nodded, leaning up against a tree. "Can’t sleep?"

"Yeah." I said, not looking at him. Now that it was dark, the clearing did seem a little creepy. Goosebumps shivered over my skin, and I rubbed my arms impatiently.

"I’ll keep watch over here, you can take that side?" I offered. Baekhyun nodded, slipping away to the other side of the clearing.

As soon as his light left, I regretted moving. It was pitch black, and I could feel my skin crawl. There was something watching me, I was sure of it. I flicked my eyes to infrared, looking around. Suddenly, my right foot jerked forward. Startled, I stumbled and almost fell, but my left foot surged forward and caught me.

"What?" I whispered. Suddenly, I felt my jaw lock tight. I looked around in panic, feeling my feet moving more of their own accord, carrying me away from the clearing. My eyes shut by themselves, blinding me.

I stumbled through the dark for hours, fighting to go back every step and never succeeding. All to unexpectedly, a bolt of pain slammed through my head and I fell, unconscious.

SKYE’S POV

I sat up, blinking in the early morning sunlight. Chanyeol was missing next to me, and I looked around and saw Tao and Xiumin were gone too. Probably out walking, I mused. Baekhyun flashed in next to me, making me yelp. My exclamation woke everyone else, and I looked around guiltily.

"Have you seen Chanyeol, Tao or Xiumin?" Baekhyun hissed, face to mine and ghostly hands hovering on my shoulders. I blinked in confusion, shaking my head.

". I knew it!" Baekhyun growled, slamming his hand through the ground. "I knew this place was bad!"

Kris looked over with an annoyed look at all the noise Baekhyun was making, hair sticking in all angles. He stood up to see what was going on, and fell suddenly with a yell of pain. He doubled over, clutching his stomach and hair covering his face.

"Kris!" I exclaimed, standing up. A rustle sounded in the bushes, and Suho snapped towards the sound. With a predatory snarl, he disappeared towards the noise. Lu Han and Sehun followed him, Yixing and I rushing to help Kris.

"Kris, let me see." Yixing said, prying Kris’ hands away from his abdomen and making his other hand spark, ready to heal. Kris dropped his hands reluctantly, revealing them stained red.

Yixing hiked up his shirt, right over the blood spot staining the material. With a careful swipe, he rubbed away the blood, revealing...smooth unmarked muscle. I tilted my head to the side, shocked.

"Does healing work that fast?" I asked. Yixing shook his head, inspecting Kris for wounds. When none were found, he sat back with a confused look.

"Guys. I think I have the answer." Suho’s voice made us all turn, and he held up a small object. A doll? "It’s voodoo. There’s a mistress nearby. And I think she took the others."

TAO’S POV

I felt myself come to with a sickening wave of pain. A burning feeling seared my bicep, and I frowned against it. Opening my eyes, I was shocked at what I saw. A doorway of metal bars, crisscrossed to make empty boxes about 1 foot by 1 foot faced me. Bits of broken glass stuck jaggedly out from them, where it had been broken in the past. I was hanging from the ceiling, wrapped in complicated, messy loops of thick black leather and metal. My feet barely brushed the ground, and I stood on my tiptoes to reach it.

A woman glided into my line of sight, holding a small object and a black dagger. She was devastatingly beautiful, with almond eyes and pure white skin, her black hair falling to her waist in perfect curls. A long black dress covered her body, giving her the appearance of floating instead of walking.

"You’re awake." She purred, her voice low and soft. I nodded reverently, shocked at her beauty. A sudden thought struck me, and I shook my head.

What the hell, Tao? You’re gay, you’ve never been interested in a woman ever! You were in love with Kris, what were you thinking?

I raised my head, looking again, and watched as she dug the black dagger she was holding into the other object - a small doll. Immediately, excruciating pain lanced through my chest, making me throw my head back and scream. I looked back at her, her shape wavering between an old hag, a small girl, and the current elegant young woman. A cruel white smile spread across her face, and she slashed the doll. Blood trickled down my chest, no cut to be found.

I thrashed against my bonds, feeling my arms and legs stop of their own accord. My jaw locked shut, and she slammed the doll against the wall in front of me. I felt the connection of iron bars and glass shards against my back and shoulder, head snapping back. My vision flickered black, and she hit the doll again. I out.

XIUMIN’S POV

There was a metallic taste in my mouth. I my lips, tasting my own blood. My shoulders ached, and I realized I was hanging from the ceiling. I looked across the room to see Tao unconscious in a cell just like mine. Chanyeol was next to me, screaming in front of an adorable young girl. She smiled angelically up at him, holding a burning piece of wood to a small doll and laughing like chiming bells.

The smell of burned flesh reached me, and I saw Chanyeol’s shirt was on fire. Although a wall of bars separated us, I still lunged forward against my bonds to help. I yelled even though he couldn’t hear me, seeing him fall unconscious. The girl skipped over to me, quickly morphing into the stooped shape of an old hag.

I blinked in confusion, seeing her pull out a small pouch of needles and hold a doll in front of her teasingly. I looked hard, and gasped in pain when she dug the needle into the doll’s arm. A bolt of agony laced through me, and I looked down and saw a larger version of the pin embedded in my arm. More sharp pieces of metal appeared in my arms and legs as she added more to the doll, making me hang slack in my bonds from agony and exhaustion.

"Dear doll, won’t you scream?" She said, her voice the purring silk of a young woman. I snarled defiantly at her, and she shrugged. She was a voodoo witch, able to change her appearance, and as she glided away towards Tao, she again became a young woman.

As she passed me, she bent the arm of the doll, making an answering crack come from mine. I muffled a scream desperately, feeling tears slip down my cheeks as the pain reached me. It became too much and I succumbed, slipping into blackness.

So, I watched a ton of VIXX videos for the first time today because I was too lazy before, and Voodoo Doll really inspired me! (If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s a little creepy and a lot disturbing, so watch with caution). The set here in the same as the set in the MV, so you should be able to see the similarities.

Sorry for being so late, I’m back now! Please leave a comment on how you liked it?

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida!

-Sujin

<3