Action

Don't Be Afraid of Me

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL INCLUDE VIOLENCE. YOU DON’T LIKE IT, YOU DON’T READ IT, KAY? THANKS GUYS, I LOVE YOU! <3

CHANYEOL’S POV

I paced the clearing anxiously, looking at my watch. We had five hours til the moon rose, and we still had to figure out where Aurora was keeping Skye. I felt a strong pull in my hands and teeth, a constantly building ache that annoyed me. Sehun and Jongin were already gone, Suho having taken them to a safer clearing for them to change. Kris was watching Tao carefully, trying to guess if the inexperienced wolf was losing control. Surprisingly, Tao seemed calm, and Kris turned back to Aurora.

"Where is she?" Kris asked yet again. Aurora looked at him coolly, bound in iron chains. God knows where we got them...but they were holding her well. The iron made her skin sizzle, sapping her strength gradually.

"That’s it, I’m done with this crap." Yixing snarled suddenly, standing up. Kris looked at him, surprised, but I could see all of us were listening. Even Baekhyun, his shape wavering off to the side.

"Let’s just go back to the Court we rescued Namjoon at. Anyone who can keep control should come, and we’ll get Skye back for good!" Yixing rumbled, eyes flickering all through his speech. Nods and murmurs of agreement spread around the clearing, Kris nodding too.

"Lu Han, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, Yixing. We’ll go." Kris said. I nodded, standing up with the others. The remaining wolves watched as we turned, running through the undergrowth. Aurora was on Kris back, frozen by both Tao and Xiumin, and I kept an eye on her as we ran.

It took us two hours of crashing through thick undergrowth to reach the faeries’ court. We rested in the grass outside, panting heavily and trying to regain control.

I flexed my hands, feeling my breath whooshing through my ears, my heart beating loud in my head. Blood pulsed through my veins, my hands twitching with nerves and anticipation. My teeth pricked my lip, growing down.

Kris looked around, signaling for us to start moving. Before he did, he held up three fingers, giving us a meaningful look. I nodded, standing up to follow him.

Three fingers. Three hours of humanity left.

JIYONG’S POV

Pain lanced through my body, burning white-hot through my veins and making me throw my head back and scream. I strained against the chains around my wrists, keeping me suspended from the ceiling. The faerie knight in front of me cocked his head in vague disgust and interest, completely black eyes reflecting my face. He yanked the knife planted in my stomach out with a twist, watching as blood spurted out sluggishly.

It dripped to the ground, warming my skin as it splashed down. My head sagged forward on my neck, hot tears coursing down my cheeks and mixing with the blood on my face. The knight had come for me a few hours ago, torturing me in between periods of blackness. Every part of my body ached, making me almost beg to be left alone, to be allowed to heal. Almost.

I raised my head, looking him in the eye, and he tilted his head to the side. I opened my mouth, and he leaned in slightly to hear me.

"Is that...all you got?" I panted, teeth painted red and voice rasping. He smiled, his mouth a cruel slash in his beautiful face, and raised his fist.

The image of a steel gauntlet rapidly traveling towards my face was the last thing I remembered.

SKYE’S POV

I raised my head, gasping as a faerie knight appeared outside, roughly dragging Jiyong behind him. He threw Jiyong inside, slamming the door shut and walking away. I crawled forward, cradling Jiyong’s head in my lap.

"Jiyong, wake up. You have to wake up." I his hair back from his face, wincing at the giant gash on his forehead. I looked down, gasping again in horror as I saw the wound in his abdomen.

"Oh my god." I murmured. The wound was bleeding sluggishly, coating everything with a red sheen. Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open, looking around as he moaned.

"Shh, it’s gonna be okay. Just hold on, okay? Hold on." I said. Chanyeol, when are you coming to get us?

CHANYEOL’S POV

"Faster." I murmured to Kris. He nodded, holding up three fingers, then disappearing into the puddle. He walked quietly, the other wolves following. I sensed an appearance of energy, and turned to see Yixing fighting a full change desperately.

"I’ll wait here." Yixing panted quickly through long teeth, before turning and exiting the puddle. When he disappeared, I looked over to check on Tao. He was breathing hard, like all of us, and I could smell our sweat in the air.

"Come on." Kris said softly. He opened the door we used last time, the one to the dungeons. To our shock, another door was behind it.

"What is this?" Xiumin murmured, stepping forward. There was a giant lock on the door, a circular configuration. Lu Han focused hard, but he couldn’t get it to move.

"Well, now what?" I asked. I looked over at Kris, but he just shrugged. Crap.

SEUNGHYUN’S POV

A low, metallic noise woke me and I rolled over. I frowned at Jiyong, standing a few inches away from sleeping Taeyang. He was holding a long dagger, and before I could stop him, he plunged the dagger deep into the sleeping half-faerie’s chest.

"No!" I screamed, leaping to my feet. "What are you doing?!" Jiyong turned, wiping his dagger on his pants, and gave me a grim look.

"Filthy half-breed." Jiyong snarled. He turned his gaze to an unconscious Seungri next to me, a glint in his eyes. "Stupid human."

"Get away from him!" I growled, leaping up and drawing my sword in one fluid moment. My hands blazed with fire, and I shot a ball of it at Jiyong. It hit him, making his skin ripple. I paused in shock, and he stabbed me in the shoulder.

Cursing, I rolled away and pressed a hand to my shoulder. Jiyong’s form rippled again, finally taking the shape of a faerie knight.

"What?" I murmured. I stopped thinking soon, throwing myself in front of Seungri. I hoisted him up, reaching into my pocket and pulling out a coin made of iron. I threw it as hard as I could at the knight, adding some fire behind it.

The piece of iron slammed into his head, knocking him out flat. I took a few stumbling steps and started to run, carrying Seungri with me.

"Jinki! Jonghyun! Yoongi! Help me!" I yelled, running rapidly in the direction of their camps. Please, let someone answer me.

CHANYEOL’S POV

We stood in front of that damn door for an hour. Me and Xiumin took turns freezing and burning the lock, finally breaking it. The door swung open with a crack, and we raced down the stairs.

"Skye!" I yelled. Kris shushed me, and I had to fight an urge to punch him. We had 45 minutes before we had to change, and all of us were feeling the stress. My heart pounded in my chest, eyes permanently red, and sweat slicked my skin to a sheen.

We crept through the sections of cells, looking carefully for Skye. The scent of blood hung heavy in the air, along with the burnt sugar smell of magic. Within a few seconds, two silent faerie knights appeared next to us.

A feral growl ripped through Tao, his lip curling. He and Lu Han faced the knights, leaping on them in an instant. Tao flipped his guard over, brutally ramming his heel into the knight’s chest. Leaning down, his claws slashed the guard’s throat. Lu Han broke his guard’s neck, standing up afterwards.

"Chanyeol?" A quiet voice called. I perked up, running forward to where it came from.

"Skye!" I exclaimed, leaning against the bars that separated us. She looked up at me, hope lighting her eyes.

"You have to help him." Skye said, helping an unconscious Jiyong stand. I nodded, reaching out and being stopped by a sound behind me.

"Chanyeol! Behind you!" Skye yelled. I dodged to the side, narrowly missing the swipe of claws by my head. Lu Han forcibly turned himself away, ramming his own shoulder into the cell wall.

"I’m sorry, I can’t help it!" Lu Han exclaimed. Kris dragged him back, and I hurried to kick down the bars. They finally parted with a squeal, and I picked up Jiyong.

He was pale, the smell of death already mixing with the scent of his blood, but I could still his heart beat. Skye stepped out with me shakily, carefully standing. A bruise showed on her forehead, and I vowed to rip whoever hurt her apart.

"Come on." Baekhyun appeared next to me, lighting the way back up for us.

Lu Han was scrambling to get out of the underground space, all of us feeling pre-change claustrophobia. I pushed myself harder, trying not to hit Jiyong’s head on any of the walls.

"Almost there." I whispered. With a collective sigh we all burst out into the clearing-and ripped into our wolf forms.

I dropped Jiyong as paralyzing pain ripped through me, making me fall to my knees. I screamed, turning it to a howl as my teeth burst out and my claws ripped free. I saw similar things happening to everyone else, and finally curled up in a ball.

When the pain left, I opened my eyes. My vision was tainted red, my infrared kicking in, and I breathed heavily. Sights and smells assaulted my nose and eyes, and I looked around to see a human female standing in front of me. Fear scent radiated off of her, along with blood, and it was like a drug.

I leapt forward, determined to feel my claws rip through her, to smell her blood more. It was like perfume, and I couldn’t resist. The last thing I remembered was sailing through the air, claws outstretched, aiming straight for the fat vein pulsing in her neck.

OH MY GOD! I’m so sorry it took me so long to update! Anyway, here it is now and it’s filled with action. Please please please leave me a comment if you like it, I could kind of use a pickup. Pwease? *puppy eyes*

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida!

-Sujin

<3