Border Town

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE’S POV

"What?! What are you talking about?" Jiyong asked, leaning in close to Suho and Kris. They were explaining what the demon - N - had said. N and his clan were stretched out around the clearing, being tended to by wolves. I looked down at the sleeping demon next to me, Leo’s face calm and relaxed as he slept.

Yixing had explained they would heal on their own like the wolves, but they needed the glass and metal to be removed from their bodies first. Hence, Yixing and I had been working for several hours with Seunghyun and Lu Han to help them.

I left Leo sleeping, walking over to Chanyeol. He was asleep too, curled up on his side, and I laid down next to him, wrapping my arms around him. He murmured in his sleep, turning over and wrapping his arms around me too. I sighed, feeling safe and warm, his chest rising rhythmically against mine. I slipped off to sleep quickly, engulfed in Chanyeol.

KRIS’ POV

"I know it’s dangerous, but we need to go anyway! Our friends could be in danger or dead, and we need to go see what’s going on." I said, looking at Jiyong and Suho. Suho nodded, and I knew it was a difficult decision to make.

"We can’t give up on the Army." Jiyong said, nodding. "What about Seungri? What are we going to do with him?"

"I can take him." I jumped at the voice, and turned to see Luke standing there.

"What?"

"The human boy. I can take him, and get him healed up at my cabin. He’ll be safe with me." Luke said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes, before nodding tiredly.

"Fine. But keep him safe." Jiyong said. He bit his lip, and I knew we were all feeling too pressured. Luke nodded, and he walked over and picked up Seungri.

"I’m leaving. Say goodbye to Skye for me." Luke said. I stood, shocked at his abruptness, but he was gone in seconds.

"Let’s get everyone moving as soon as possible." Suho said. I nodded, looking around at the wolves all asleep.

"Tomorrow morning?" I said. Jiyong and Suho nodded, all of us splitting to tell the plan to different people.

SKYE’S POV

I scrunched my nose, burying my face deeper into the place Chanyeol’s neck met his shoulder. It smelled like cologne and pine needles and sweat, and was comforting. His chin was curled around the top of my head, our legs entwined, and he pulled me closer to his waist.

Warm breath on my lips made me open my eyes, blinking as Chanyeol kissed me awake sweetly. He pulled back, brown eyes looking me and hands rubbing circles on my back. I hummed in happiness, whining when he got up. I squealed when he swung me up in his arms, carrying me over to the others sitting by the logs.

"Chanyeol, put me down!" I giggled, and he shook his head, sitting down with me on his lap. I blushed, squirming under the eyes of everyone else, but Chanyeol pulled me to his chest and I relaxed.

"Come on guys, time to move along." Suho stood, and everyone stood as well, grumbling. Chanyeol explained the plan to still go to Canada while we got ready, me getting on his back. We would make the journey as quickly as possible, hopefully reaching the border in a few hours.

I nodded, clinging on tight and hiding my face in his shoulder as the wolves took off. They were fast enough to make the trees whip in the wind as they passed, and I closed my stinging eyes.

It was starting to get dark outside when the wolves finally stopped. I slid down from Chanyeol’s back, stretching my aching legs, and he collapsed, breathing heavily with everyone else. I shivered at the chill in the air, seeing the light from a small border town glowing not far away.

"We’re staying the night there." Suho panted, pointing to the town. The wolves shared looks, and I recalled what happened last time we went to a human town.

"We’ll sleep there in a motel, and we’ll cross the border tomorrow." Kris said, his tone not open to argument.

The wolves nodded, tiredly picking themselves off the ground and stumbling towards the town. I took Chanyeol’s hand, my skin shivering with goosebumps. He noticed, wrapping his arm around me and holding me close.

Finally, we trudged inside the nearest motel. It had started to rain, and we were all soaking wet, waiting anxiously as Suho paid for two rooms. We got our room keys, tromping upstairs to the second floor. There was a vending and ice machine down the hall, but other than that, there were just the rooms upstairs.

"Okay...Tao, me, Lu Han, Sehun, Yixing, Skye, Jongin...we’re in 217." Kris said. He held up his room key, letting us in.

"And Xiumin, Chen, Chanyeol, Jiyong and Seunghyun, Kyungsoo, we’re in 218." Suho said. They went into their own room, soon popping through the connecting door.

"Alright, everyone get some sleep." Kris said, pointing to the two queen beds and one rollaway in our room. Tao, Kris and I took the one on the left; Sehun, Lu Han and Yixing taking the one on the right. Jongin was banished to the rollaway, grumbling as he walked.

I climbed in bed, dimly registering Kris leaving with the ice bucket. Tao stood in the middle of the room, looking around, and shook his head.

"I’m going down to the front desk to get some more pillows." Tao murmured. I nodded, and he left too. I sighed, snuggling down in the bed, and drifted off to sleep.

CHANYEOL’S POV

"Chen, shut the hell up!" I chucked a pillow at his head, shaking my head. He stuck his tongue out at me, continuing to have a very loud, rambunctious discussion with Suho. They had both found the hotel liquor cabinet, and everyone was trying to get them to stop making so much noise.

"Truth or dare?!" Chen slurred loudly. Xiumin picked him up, taking his beer bottle form him, and lying him in one of the beds. He just popped up again, pushing Xiumin away with a frown.

"Dare!" Suho clapped his hands happily, a bright smile on his face. I groaned, trying to use a pillow to muffle the noises.

"How can Jiyong and Seunghyun sleep through this?" I looked over, seeing them asleep in the bed next to me. Xiumin shrugged, giving Chen and Suho an exasperated look, taking a swig of Chen’s beer.

"I dare you...to Kyungsoo’s face!" Chen giggled, looking at a sleeping Kyungsoo.

"Whoa, no! Stop that!" I said, pushing Suho back. He toppled down, rolling around on the floor and giggling hysterically. Chen soon joined him, rolling back and forth. Xiumin watched them with a horrified look, facepalming when Chen spoke.

"Look! We’re potatoes..." Chen shrieked. Jiyong’s head popped up and he rolled over, giving them a furious look.

"That’s enough of that!" Jiyong raised his arm, sparks exploding, and Suho and Chen collapsed, asleep. Xiumin and I cheered quietly, putting them to bed.

"I hope they have terrible hangovers." Xiumin muttered darkly. I nodded in agreement, slipping off to sleep.

THIS PORTION IS TAORIS, IF YOU DON’T LIKE , DON’T READ IT! DON’T BASH IT, JUST SKIP DOWN TO THE AUTHOR’S NOTE. KAMSAMNIDA MY LOVELIES! <3

TAO’S POV

I walked back up from the front desk, grumbling. Stingy bastard refused to give me any more pillows unless I paid $5 a piece for each one! I threw my hands up in frustration, running directly into Kris. He dropped the bucket of ice he was holding, ice going everywhere.

"Oops! Sorry, babe." I said, giving him an apologetic look. Kris smiled at me, shaking his head, and I picked up the bucket.

"I’ll go get more." I walked to the ice machine at the end of the hall, leaving Kris to pick up the fallen ice.

I bent down, trying to read the small print on the tiny buttons, and squeaked in surprise when I felt a hand squeeze my . I flapped my hand behind me, trying to tell Kris to knock it off. He ignored me, his hand sliding further down my thigh and back up to my .

I ignored him for a few more seconds, feeling a small thrum of victory when his hand left my . I finally found the right button, straightening up to place the bucket in the opening. Kris’ arm wrapped around me from behind, his mouth coming down on my neck to gently at the sensitive skin.

I stiffened, shuddering when he bit gently at the skin. His pointed teeth scraped down gently, followed by his tongue. Kris turned me around, standing chest to chest, and planted his mouth on mine. He pushed my mouth open, slick tongue slipping inside and mine. I moaned against his mouth, melting against him. His tongue flicked over my lower lip, on it and nipping it.

Kris smiled, pulling back, and peppering soft kisses down my neck and collarbones, on the skin in some places. I tipped my head back, feeling him grind our hips together. He pushed me back against the wall, kissing my mouth. I pulled back, this time dropping kisses in a line down his neck. He shuddered, hands tangling in my hair. I looked up at him, smiling, but we both immediately stopped when a loud voice echoed down the hall.

"Truth or dare?!"

"Dare!"

", Chen and Suho are drunk again." Kris groaned and we both straightened up, smiling at each other.

"Let’s just go to bed and let them handle it." I said. Kris nodded, filling up the ice bucket, and we walked down the hall, hand in hand.

I updated! And it’s really ty cause I stayed up all night at a sleepover but whatever! *chucks computer* Please leave me a comment on what you thought, I’m sorry this chappie was mostly a fluffy filler, but there’s more to come tomorrow that’s better!

Sorry about the Taoris for everyone who doesn’t care for , I needed to let out some frustration so I channeled it into a y makeout. For those who do like Taoris, tell me if you liked it.

Thanks everyone, a comment would make me happy! *nudge nudge, wink wink*

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida

-Sujin

<3