Rescue...kind of?

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE’S POV

I slowly drew back the covers of the bed and squinted in the dark. There was a window across from me I had seen earlier; I could use it to get out of here. I grabbed the shopping bags Seunghyun had left in my room, and slowly jimmied the window open. It stuck from years of rain and cold, but I finally got it open.

I checked the clock before leaving. 3:45 am. The boys had stayed up in the other room forever, and I couldn’t risk them finding me gone until morning. I hoped I wasn’t too late to find Sehun and Lu Han, and I felt worry stir in the pit of my stomach.

I dropped down from the window, landing in a crouch, and winced when my bad hip gave out. I swallowed a scream, bracing myself against a wall and taking deep breaths. When I could, I pushed off and starting hobbling away.

Rain poured down, soaking me through. I had to find Lu Han and Sehun before morning, but it was hard in the slick streets. I wandered around for hours, stumbling through the dark streets. Finally, the sun started to clear the tops of the buildings and I collapsed in an alleyway with exhaustion. I felt tears mingle with the rain on my face and wiped them away angrily. I had failed Lu Han and Sehun, and they were probably scared, cold and hungry.

I clutched my own growling stomach, checking my pocket. I still had some of Suho’s money, so I purchased some food from a vendor. My shopping bags banged my knees when I walked, and my hip was still on fire when I sat down on a bench.

I rested for about an hour, then got up to continue looking. I contemplated going back to the pack for help, but I couldn’t just leave Sehun and Lu Han here. So, I continued trudging up the massive city’s many hills. I searched all day, stopping when the sun went down and finding another bench to curl up on.

My head ached, my stomach growled, and my hip was in agony. I couldn’t keep searching for days for Sehun and Lu Han, I had to find them sometime. I resolved that if I didn’t find them by tomorrow, I would go back and get help from the pack.

I dropped off slowly, shivering in the constant pouring of the rain.

LU HAN’S POV

I woke up slowly, feeling Sehun’s arms still around me and his head on my shoulder. I looked down, using a hand to block the rain from his face. He was pale, but other than that he looked fine. I slowly moved down to take a look at his leg.

The bone was mostly healed, but the gash still stretched his calf. I wished I had something to wrap it with, but instead looped my arm around him again. Sehun stirred in his sleep, mumbling and whimpering, and I rocked him back and forth slowly.

We spent the day in that alleyway, Sehun asleep and me keeping watch. Sometimes I picked him up and moved him out of a puddle, but other than that, I let him rest. He still hadn’t woken up, and I wanted to give his body a chance to heal as much as possible. I didn’t leave him all day, and my stomach was growling by the time the sun started to go down.

"Hun-ah, I’m going to go find some food. I won’t be gone very long." I whispered to him, propping his head up on an old crate.

Sehun didn’t move, and I slowly crept away. I hated to leave him in the cold by himself, but I needed to get both of us some food. I slunk through the streets until I reached the back of a restaurant. I waited by the back door, hoping they would dump the unsold food at the end of the day like the restaurants I remembered.

The door swung open suddenly and I jumped back, crouching behind the dumpster. I heard a sigh and looked around the side of the dumpster carefully. A boy about my age leaned against the side of the building, looking sad. I ducked back, not wanting to be seen, and heard the door open again.

"Ahh, Taehyung, it’s okay. Manager is just being cranky today." I looked around, seeing a new boy standing with his arm around the first boy’s shoulders. The sad boy-Taehyung-shook his head miserably.

"He called me a cooking black hole." Taehyung said. "Hoseok, I’m terrible at this."

"No you’re not! You just need some time." Hoseok said, smiling widely. Taehyung shrugged, stepping forward, and I scrambled back further. I winced when my knee slammed against the side of the dumpster, making a loud bang. Hoseok and Taehyung both looked up immediately, Hoseok stepping forward.

"Hello?" Hoseok called, stepping dangerously close. I shivered again, trying to curl up in a ball. I was scared and hungry and cold and I just wanted to get some food for Hun-ah.

"Hey." Hoseok’s voice changed immediately, and I looked up. He was looking at me, and he beckoned Taehyung over.

"I’m s-s-sorry, I’ll go." I stuttered, starting to stand up. Hoseok held out his hands, and I realized he was blocking the only way out of the alleyway.

"Whoa, it’s okay. We’re not going to hurt you." Hoseok said. Taehyung gave me a surprised look, turning back immediately.

"Are you hungry?" Hoseok asked.

"I’m getting him some food." Taehyung called softly, going back into the restaurant. I shook my head, staying curled up.

"I don’t have any m-money." I said, my teeth chattering from cold and fear. Hoseok smiled at me reassuringly, and Taehyung appeared with a tray of food. I counted five burgers, a milkshake and three packages of fries. I smelled the food, and it taunted my stomach.

"This is the order I messed up. It’s yours." Taehyung said, bending down and offering the tray to me. I gave him a confused look, waiting for the trap.

"But I don’t have any-"

"You don’t need to pay for it. Think of it as a gift between friends." Taehyung said. I reached out carefully, my hands shaking as I took the tray of food.

"Thank you." I said, standing up to leave. Hoseok stopped me with a gently hand on my shoulder, but I still flinched.

"You can stay and eat it here. What’s your rush?" Hoseok asked kindly, gesturing to the door to the restaurant. I shook my head, clutching the tray close.

"My friend needs food. I’m sorry, I have to go. Thank you." I said, turning and scurrying away. I reached the little alleyway quickly, setting the tray down under and overhang and shaking Sehun gently.

"Hun-ah, I have food." I said, waking him up. Sehun blinked slowly, his eyes shining in the dark, and I offered him four of the burgers. He started gulping them down, and I ate the one that was left. I let Sehun take the fries and milkshake, not minding how hungry I still was.

"Good. Now, get back to sleep. We’ll try to find Skye tomorrow." I said, laying down next to him. Sehun nodded, his snores reaching my ears, and I nodded off too.

I woke to a metallic noise, and froze when I saw the barrel of a gun inches from my face. I felt my breathing quicken, and I scooted closer to Sehun.

"Boys, I told you not to run."

BAEKHYUN’S POV

I sighed loudly, walking next to Chanyeol. After Lu Han, Sehun and Skye hadn’t returned this morning, Suho and Kris had sent Chanyeol and I to find them. I didn’t want anything to do with a human city, but I knew I was the best one to protect Chanyeol.

"Can we walk faster?" I asked. Chanyeol nodded, speeding up next to me, and we soon reached the bridge. We hadn’t spoken at all, both of us worried.

"Let’s try to find Skye first." Chanyeol said. I nodded, knowing it would be faster to find one person than two people.

We snuck into town and starting methodically combing up and down the streets. Night fell soon, and we kept looking. Both of us were tired and hungry, but we kept going. We were about to give up for the night, when Chanyeol lifted his nose and smiled.

"Did you find them?" I asked hopefully. Chanyeol shook his head, so I took a deep breath myself. Chanyeol turned to me with a wide smile and I rolled my eyes.

"No. I found burgers!" Chanyeol said. I grumbled as I followed him to the back of a restaurant, still trying to catch Skye’s scent. Instead, I was surprised to find Lu Han’s.

"Chanyeol! I smell Lu Han!" I said, grabbing his arm. He narrowly avoided dropping his burger, following me as I hurriedly tracked Lu Han. It was hard because of the rain, but I finally followed the trail to an alleyway.

"Come on!" I said. Chanyeol grabbed my arm suddenly, pulling me back, and we both peered around the corner carefully.

My breath caught in my throat as I saw the group of four officers, surrounding a sleeping Sehun and Lu Han. I nearly fainted when one of the officers pulled out his gun and cocked it, aiming it right at Lu Han’s head. The older wolf woke suddenly, staring with wide eyes at the officer.

A low growl came from next to me, and I saw Chanyeol’s already glowing eyes. He nodded at me, and I let my eyes change too. We started running rapidly, charging down the alleyway towards the officers. Chanyeol growled low in his throat and I matched it, making the officers turn towards us.

Lu Han took his opportunity, unleashing a mighty kick that knocked the lead officer flying. The others quickly drew their tazers and guns, and Lu Han helped Sehun stand. The younger wolf was too drowsy to run, and I could smell his blood.

"Come on!" I yelled. Lu Han took two steps forward and fell when an officer struck him over the head with a nightstick. Lu Han fell, and I roared, leaping forward.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled. I looked up, jerking back when the prongs of a tazer landed in the sensitive flesh of my side and shot electricity through me. I fell, ripping the wires out and staggering back to my feet.

I leapt at the officer about to taze Lu Han, getting hit across the shoulders with a stick for my trouble. I grunted, and looked up when I furious yell. Skye stood at the entrance of the alleyway, holding a nightstick she had gotten from the officer at her feet.

She swiftly struck the officer Chanyeol was grappling with, and he went down. Running to me, Chanyeol helped me lift Lu Han. He took Sehun while I draped the smaller wolf across my shoulders, turning to Skye. She was fighting with the last officer, moving slowly. I could tell her hip was bothering her, and felt my heart leap in my throat when she fell suddenly.

"Skye!" I yelled, simultaneously setting Lu Han down and leaping forward, landing over her. My palms were splayed on each side of her head, my knees supporting me above her. I covered her with my body just as the officer swung his nightstick down as powerfully as he could, connecting with the back of my head and neck.

I felt something crack and yelled, slumping down and losing consciousness.

Lots of action, yes? Thanks for all the comments, everyone please comment and tell me what you think of this chappie! Love you all, how are they going to get out of the alleyway now?

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida!

-Sujin

<3