San Francisco and Aconite

Don't Be Afraid of Me

"Chanyeol!" I knelt down next to him, touching his back gently. Chanyeol winced, still on his side, and Baekhyun growled at me.

"Oh, get over it! I’m trying to help him, go snarl at someone else, diva." I snapped, making Baekhyun abruptly shut his mouth with a surprised look. I saw Suho hiding a small smile before kneeling beside Chanyeol.

"Come on, stand up." Suho said softly, helping Chanyeol up. The tall wolf winced, touching his back gently. Suho lifted his shirt, revealing a bruise on the middle of his back and making Baekhyun wince.

"Come on, we need to get back to camp. God knows how Tao, Xiumin and Chen are." Suho frowned, hurrying us along. Chanyeol walked stiffly because of his back, and I walked beside him.

"I’m sorry about Luke." I said. Chanyeol shook his head, signaling he wasn’t angry at me, but I still frowned. All I had done was hurt these boys, and it made me feel terrible.

"You sure put Baekhyun in his place." Chanyeol said softly with a small smile. I nodded, wondering at how they could joke when so many pack members were hurt. But I supposed this was just the way Chanyeol was, always happy.

"No one’s ever done that!" Chanyeol continued. I smiled a little, and we trooped into camp. I saw immediately Xiumin, Chen, Tao and Sehun stretched out on the ground by the stream. Yixing was kneeling in between Xiumin and Chen, looking exhausted.

"Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Skye! Come over, I need you!" Yixing called, waving his hands. Suho followed, and Kris was already kneeling by Tao.

"Yes, what can we do?" I said, sitting by him. Yixing already swayed with exhaustion-from taking Sehun’s pain earlier-and he looked grey.

"I only have enough strength right now to heal internal injuries. Everything else, just bandage it up for now. I’ll heal it tomorrow." Yixing said. We nodded, and I went over to Tao.

"I’m just going to take this out and bandage it up, okay?" I asked Kris, pointing to the knife. He nodded, hovering protectively, and I pulled gently on the knife. Tao was already unconscious, but he moaned slightly.

"I’m sorry." I murmured, hating to cause him pain. The knife came out with a sound and blood pooled rapidly under his side. I took a bandage from the pile next to Yixing-god knows how they got bandages-and made a thick pad out of it. I placed it against the wound, coiling more bandages around his side to hold it in place.

I rinsed my hands in the stream, and felt a soft touch on my shoulder. I turned around, seeing Kris looking at me with softened eyes, and gave him a questioning look.

"Thank you. For everything. I’m glad we have you with us." Kris said, surprising me. I didn’t really ever think he liked me, but apparently he was just a tough guy on the outside.

I smiled softly, touched. It’s funny, I used to hate them so much, all of them. Now, I didn’t think about what they really were. To me, they were just people. I encased Kris in a hug, surprising the tallest wolf, but he hugged me back gently.

"It’s no problem Kris. I’m glad I can help." I said, patting Tao gently. After that, I went as soon as possible to Xiumin and Yixing.

"Is he okay?" I asked, kneeling down. Yixing his lips, eyes almost closing, and shook his head.

"I don’t know. Your...roommate was a good shot. I think there was something in the bullets too, they’re both getting sick." Yixing said, gesturing at Chen and Xiumin. Suho and Lu Han were sitting by Chen, wiping away the blood streaming from the wound in his chest. It was turning a weird shade of black, and I saw similar liquid coming from the wound right in between Xiumin’s collarbones.

"Lu Han, I’m ready for you." Yixing called softly. The slim boy nodded, coming over and sitting by us. I watched as he focused hard, drawing his hand up and closing his eyes. Xiumin whimpered and there was a sound as a bullet slowly wormed its way back out of the wound. When it finally shot into Lu Han’s hand he relaxed, holding it out for Suho. Suho took it, rolling it around in his palm, and nodded.

"Aconite. You were right, Yixing." I looked between them, confused, and Yixing nodded. He rested his hand on Xiumin’s wound, drawing all the black liquid out. It dripped sluggishly and I winced, helping to sop it up with bandages.

"Gross." I whispered, frowning at Xiumin. Poor guy, this was all because of Luke.

"It’s wolfsbane. It’ll kill them both if I don’t get it out." Yixing said softly, stopping when Xiumin’s blood returned to red. I quickly bandaged him like Tao, and Yixing turned to Chen. Lu Han removed the bullet again, and Yixing got rid of the poison.

Jongin came over and sat by me, silent. He called Chanyeol over when Xiumin started shaking, and Chanyeol slowly heated Xiumin back up. By now he was blazing with fever, like Chen, and Chanyeol and Suho were frantically going between the two to keep them comfortable.

We worked long into the night, me keeping the bandages clean, and Chanyeol, Yixing, Suho and Lu Han helping to get rid of wolfsbane and keep their temperatures under control. Baekhyun stood by silently, supplying us with steady light that made the clearing bright as day.

Finally, the sun started clearing the trees and Yixing collapsed from exhaustion. The combination of using his healing and staying up all night completely drained him, and Suho carried him towards the fire still going and laid him down on the grass. Sometime during the night I had learned the bandages had been the boys’ shirts, and I was now faced with the early morning sight of 12 shirtless werewolves strolling around and tending to Xiumin and Chen.

Tao was already doing much better-werewolf healing-and he was awake to eat food that Kyungsoo made. Sehun was awake too and bouncing around from post-change energy. Since he had changed yesterday, he wouldn’t change on the full moon tonight and I could stay with him.

"Guys." I said, thinking of something. All of them turned to me, some boys’ wolf ears flicking (okay, it was adorable), and gave me questioning looks.

"If you’re changing tonight, shouldn’t we avoid San Francisco? You guys need supplies, so Sehun and I could just go into town tonight and get what you need, and we go immediately up to, like, Canada or something tomorrow." I suggested. Suho cocked his head to the side, considering, then he nodded.

"Good idea. Okay." Suho said. He turned to Sehun with a stern look, then nodded at Lu Han. "Lu Han, I want you to go too. You’re the second oldest after Xiumin, and you have the most control with resisting the change."

"Okay." Lu Han nodded, looking confident.

"Keep them safe, and come straight back here tomorrow morning. Okay?" Suho said. We all nodded, and he reached deep in his jeans pocket (biceps rippling, I might add) and he handed me a wad of cash.

"For your expenses. Be sure to pick up some shirts if you can." Suho said. I nodded, and he sent us off immediately. I waited for Sehun and Lu Han to say goodbye to everyone, and was surprised when everyone came up to say goodbye to me too.

"Stay safe, okay?" Chanyeol said worriedly, crushing me in a huge hug. I nodded, hugging him back cautiously, and was surprised when Baekhyun touched his cheek to mine next. I had seen the wolves greet each other this way, rubbing cheeks together, but no one had ever done it me. I jerked a little back, and Baekhyun nodded.

"Be careful." Baekhyun said. I nodded, and I waited while the rest of the wolves said goodbye in this way. I could still feel the warmth of their breath when Lu Han and Sehun and I took off towards San Francisco. This would be a definite first.

We reached San Francisco by stowing away on the back of a truck as it crossed over the Golden Gate. The once magnificent bridge was tattered and swaying in the wind, and fog blanketed the city. We hopped off soon, strolling quietly into a small supermarket.

Sehun, of course, was bouncing around excitedly everywhere. I left him and Lu Han outside due to their shirtless state, and went inside picking up rice and other food that wouldn’t go bad. I also got some shirts, backpacks, water bottles and blankets and paid for everything quickly.

Going outside, I looked around for the boys. With so many humans around, I was worried they would freak out. And there were people, strolling the streets like I remembered. The only clue I wasn’t in the past were the half-destroyed streets and the new massive wall that stretched around the city.

"Lu Han! Sehun!" I called as loudly as I dared, looking around. There were plenty of alleyways they could’ve gone into, and I walked inside the nearest one carefully. It was really dark, and I wished Baekhyun were here to help me see.

I reached the end and started to turn around, pausing when several figures blocked my way. I paused, sizing up the five boys who blocked my path. They stared at me too, and I crossed my arms.

"Are you lost?" one of them, who looked the youngest, asked. I shook my head, taking them in carefully. They looked human, and seemed nice, but I knew not to trust appearances.

"No. I’m fine." I said, stepping forward. The tallest one moved to block me, shaking his head.

"It’s dangerous for a woman to roam the streets alone now. We’ll walk you back to your house. I’m Seunghyun." Seunghyun smiled at me, his incredibly deep voice even lower than Chanyeol and Kris’.

"No, it’s really fine. I’m from out of town, so I don’t have a house." I said. The last thing I needed was these boys following me and finding Lu Han and Sehun.

"We’ll walk you to your hotel, then. I’m Jiyong." another boy stepped forward with a kind smile, and I saw he was much smaller than Seunghyun.

"I’m Daesung." a third boy introduced himself, then pointed at the boy who had asked me if I was lost. "This is Seungri."

"Hello!" Seungri smiled cutely, dimpling. The last boy still looked kind of intimidating, but it changed immediately when he gave me a wide eyesmile and tilted his head to the side.

"I’m Taeyang." Taeyang said. I nodded, trying to push past them once again, and Seungri blocked my way.

"Come on, we’ll walk you." Seungri said. I shook my head, trying to think of a way out of this. And where the hell were Lu Han and Sehun?!

"Oh, uhm...the thing is, I’m not staying in a hotel. I can’t afford it." l lied quickly, hoping this would make them go away. No one wanted to hang out with a homeless girl, and I was sure these boys would leave immediately.

"It’s okay, you can stay with us. We have an apartment you can stay at for however long you need." Jiyong said immediately, and the rest agreed enthusiastically.

"I really can’t, I have to go..." I trailed off. Why was this going so wrong? Moreover, why were these boys so damn nice?

"Nonsense. My mother didn’t raise me to let a young woman stay by herself on the streets. It gets cold at night, for god’s sake." Seunghyun said solemnly. I cursed mentally. I couldn’t leave Sehun and Lu Han alone in this city, they could be killed.

"Come on, let’s get you some food." Jiyong said. Taeyang took my shopping bags and Seungri looped his arm through mine, virtually dragging me with them.

I watched helplessly as we walked further away from where I had left Lu Han and Sehun. I frowned, and we arrived soon in front of a three story apartment building. We went inside quickly, the boys giving me a small tour. I nodded, still thinking all the while of Lu Han and Sehun. Boys, where are you? I cried in my head. Kris would kill me if I lost them...

Please comment, tell me what you think! BigBang in an alleyway took a different turn than what you first thought, yes? ;D

Saranghamnida

-Sujin

<3