The Mute Shim Hyunseong

My Ghost Neighbourhood

Narrator's POV:

 

The next morning.....well, obviously it is because it was 5.10 a.m. and you were the only one who wake up earlier. You kinda felt a little weird because normally, Joon will wake up and went jogging early in the morning to exercise but, now it was you who want to jogging outside the sidewalk.

 

You put on your sneakers and headed outside to jogged. You took a deep breath and exhaled your breath in relax. You took your headphone and put it over your head and started to jogged.

---------------------------------------------------

While you were jogging, you saw a figure who was staring at the tree infront of him blankly with his knee rested against his chest. You could tell that he look....suffer, lonely and.....sad.

 

Its like he was in pain. You took off your headphone and rested it over your neck and went to approach him. "Ermm...are you okay?" You asked, making him jump in surprise as he stare at you with his big brown chocolate eyes.

 

It was kinda awkward because he was silent....too silent like a wind. "I'm Nam _______. Whats your name?" You asked but he still silent. You frown and sit beside him as he still eyed you...not knowing that he was eyeing your dim white necklace.

 

"Can you talk?" You asked again with frown. You were surprise that he was respond to your answer by shooking his head toward you sadly. "You mute?" He was thinking a minute but soon, he nodded as you just puff your cheek.

 

*Great~How am I going to understand what was he will say?* Then, an idea was popped in your mind as you search in your beg to see your notepad and a pen that he will write.

 

"Since I want to know you more, you have to write it on this notepad so that I can understand you." You said, handed him your notepad as he gladly grab it along with your pen.

 

"First, what's your name?" You asked. He look at you and quickly write something on your notepad. After he finish writing it, he showed to you.

 

'My name is Shim Hyunseong ^_^ Its plesure to meet you _______.'

 

You smile at what he was wrote. He smile a little and nodded at you. "Well, why are you here? Normally, people didn't wake up at this time." You said as a -matter-of-fact. He beam and wrote it.

 

'I'm always here everytime.'

 

"Chincha?" You look at him as he nodded. "Why are you mute?" He smile dissapear when you asked him that kind of hurtful question but he just write it.

 

'Can't tell you ;______; you will freak out >.<'

 

You nodded and glace at your watch, which was showing 6.35 a.m. You sigh and stood up. You were aboutto walk off but stop when Hyunseong pulled your arm with his other hand showing a notepad of what he want to say.

 

'Where are you going?'

 

"I have to go home now, Hyunseong. I'll see you other time okay? Annyeong!" You said and wave him goodbye. He stare at your dissapearing figure and look at the lake.

 

*Aren't you going to see, Jeongmin?* Hyunseong thought and put his hand over his chest which has no beating sound. *How stupid if I cutted my own throat...* He walk to the sidewalk and dissapear.