VIXX (leo)

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

A/N: I ALWAYS KNEW HOW TO WRITE IT BUT I AM SO SORRY IT LITERALLY TOOK ME LIKE HALF A YR TO ANSWER PLEASE ENJOY

 

Your arms ache as you wobble a stack of boxes that felt like that they filled with rocks and are a little above your eye level.

“You can do this, just a couple of more steps.” you quietly cheer yourself on, until you accidentally bumped into what felt like a wall. You are about to curse out loud, until you felt two firm hands on top of yours to help you balance.

“Thank you!” you regain your posture and peep over the boxes until you see the CEO in his very own flesh and bones.


 

Your eyes widen in dismay as he gives you one of his unreadable silent stares, “I-I am s-so sorry, Mr. Jung.” you stutter the apology and you make a sharp turn around him and to retreat back to your desk.

“, aw no oh my god I literally walked into him he is so scary.” you mutter under your breath as you try to hide your embarrassed face behind your hands.

Within seconds, a close friend of yours finds your hiding spot and rips your hands away, “________-AH, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND CAN YOU PLEASE DO ME THE BEST FAVOR IN THE WORLD?” she screams in your face and before you can even answer, she continues, “I HAVE A FAMILY EMERGENCY AND I NEED FOR YOU TO COVER ME AND JUST BE MR. JUNG’S SECRETARY FOR TODAY.” she begins to squeeze your hands for help.

“ME? UNNIE! I--” you try to protest, but she starts to go on her knees and her pupils shake with anxiety.

“Please, please, please, just this once, I will do whatever later but just for today you have to help me.” She begs and you are so shocked to see someone who is usually so chic look so desperate.

“I-I guess i can do one day.” you reassure, and your friend jumps up and starts kiss you all over the face, where you had to push her away in order for her to stop.

“I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I DEFINITELY OWE YOU!” she exclaims as she rushes to grab her purse and coat on the desk next to yours. “Mr. Jung is usually really independent so all you have to do is just grab papers here and there.” she hurries and kisses you on the cheek for one last time, “Thank you so much.” and with that, she disappears in a flash.

You massage your temples, “It can’t be that bad, right?”

 

Oh how wrong you were, as if your job alone wasn’t enough, doing two jobs at once made you feel as if you aged 20 years.

“Ms. _______, Mr. Jung is calling you.” the woman near by calls out to you in pity. You quickly finish working the copying machine and you slide it into the yellow folder and you dash out to go to the big office that overlooks the rest of the workers.

You gently knock on the door to acknowledge that you are coming in. Slowly opening the door, you slip in the vacant room and walk as fast as you could towards his desk.

“Here are the papers you requested to copy, and” you pull out another yellow folder and slide it next to the previous one, “here are some papers you should look over and sign, oh and,” you pull out another folder and put it in line with the last two, “here are some papers about the other company that requested to collaborate with you.” You present all of the necessary folders but Mr. Jung still doesn’t say a word. Instead, he gives you a good look with his mouth in a straight line.

You start to fidget in awkwardness, as you review in your head on what you could have possible missed. Your palms start to sweat as you think of all the possibilities on how you could have screwed up and the possible scenarios on how he could fire you.

“What happened with your shoe?” He finally speaks up, and you look at him kind of confused.

Glancing down at your black 3 inch pumps, you see how the heel on your left foot snapped. “Oh, it probably broke when I was running around.” you meekly confessed with a shy smile, but the CEO’s mouth turned into a small frown, and you start to panic, “BUT I don’t mind! These shoes were old anyways, I can still do errands!” you reassure, but he doesn’t believe it.

“You are done, you can just work at the desk.” He looks down at the papers and grabs a pen, and you know he is dismissing you right now.

You bite your bottom lip in regret, you felt as if you disappointed him. You bow your head gently, and lightly limp out of the office and towards your desk.

You practically jump into your chair because you feel your legs start to give out on you. “Ah, it hurts.” you let out a little whine as you try to massage your legs and feet.

In defeat, you turn on your computer and decide to do some work there. You soon start to forget about the pain as you immerse yourself into the screen.

You could hear steps approaching, and when you snap out of your trance, it was the one and only Mr. Jung walking calmly walking. You immediately duck your head down to avoid him, and thankfully, he walks past you. You have the guts to look back up, to only see him walk out of the building.

Not minding, you go back to your computer screen. Half of your mind was on the work, but the other half started to think back to Mr. Jung. “That’s strange, wouldn’t he ask his secretary to get something?” you ask yourself, and that is when you felt the biggest slap in the world.

It took a full hour to register what happened, “, , I am such a bad replacement. He can’t trust me that he has to get it himself. Aw , I am going to get fired and I am going to be unemployed and I won’t have any money and I am going to become homeless, no, I can’t.” you dig your head in your hands, and your fingers interlace with your hair and you have the need to pull all of it out of your scalp.

You were so into muttering prayers that you never realized that Mr. Jung returned with a mysterious looking bag. In fact, it looks like a shopping bag.

Whispers start to break out, “Where did he go?”, “It is probably for his girlfriend or something.” “Why did he go by himself?” soon, looks start to turn to you, because the only thing they could think is how they probably won’t see you in the office tomorrow.

A man gently taps you on the shoulder to get your attention, “I recommend for you to resign before he fires you.” His eyes look down at you, before he turns around and leaves.

You shake your head in denial, “no, I just, have to work harder.” you furrow your eyebrows in determination to do the best you can do.

Hours pass, and people start to file out to return back to their homes. Your fingers fly across the keyboard and you switch from the mouse to writing with a pen, and this repetition continues until you felt a tap on your shoulder again.

“______-ssi?” a voice surprises you from behind, and you turn your head to only jump back in shock.

“You scared me.” you mumble but Mr. Jung continues to give you the same non readable stare.

“Everyone already left.” He reminds you, and you look around to see all the lights turned off, even Mr. Jung’s isolated office had no lights.

“Oh, I didn’t realize how much time went by already.” You laugh to yourself and rub your neck as the aches start to begin. “I’m going to finish this, so I can lock up if it is okay with you.” you humbly ask, and Mr. Jung just nods and walks off with that same pink, shopping bag he had before.

“Ah, he probably waited for me to leave because he usually likes to leave last.” You sigh again, and you count how many times you really screwed up today.

Your hands go back into routine, switching back and forth between the pen and keyboard. You quickly glance in the bottom right corner and see you only had 10 minutes before the last bus arrives.

“!” you save everything and throw all of your papers into a pile and into a folder. Grabbing your coat and shutting off everything, you check everything to see if it is locked. You dash down the stairs because you had no patience for the elevator. “GOOD NIGHT!” you yell at the security guard who is checking everything as well.

Pushing the door, you run lopsided as your broken shoe drags you down. In frustration, you grab your two shoes and start to run barefoot towards the bus stop.

Thank god it was late at night because you could only imagine all of the harsh judging stares of seeing a barefoot, crazy looking woman running as if her life depended on it.

Within 50 feet, you can see the bus as it starts to depart. “Wait!” you yell, but no one could hear your cries.

You slow yourself into a stop, as you saw the bus get farther and farther away until it became a small black dot.

With slumped shoulders, you put your shoes back onto your beaten feet, and you make your way to your apartment that is 2 miles away, but for you, that was 2 miles too far.

Within seconds, a sleek black expensive looking car pulled up in front of you. “Need a ride?” Mr. Jung opens the passenger door and your jaw drops in awe.

“H-how, I-I thought,” you look back at him and the building behind you, “I thought, you already left.” you question, but he looks down and lets out a dry cough.

“Well, uh, I, was just pulling out, and saw you running, so I decided, to uh, follow, to make sure you get to the bus stop safely. But like, I mean, I didn’t mean to follow you, it is just, like I saw you running barefoot, so I was just, uh concerned.” Mr. Jung lets out another dry cough, and both of his hands return to the driver’s wheel.

You face palmed yourself for what felt like the millionth time. “I must have looked so crazy, I am so sorry, I swear, I am not usually like that!” you try to defend, but by now, you don’t understand how Mr. Jung is offering you a ride when you are possibly the biggest loser of South Korea right now.

“Well, you need a ride?” Mr. Jung offers again, and your hands shake in decline. 

“It is okay! I can walk, I live near by. Like over there.” you point to a general direction, “like it is right around the corner” but you finger only points at a straight road where there are no turns for a good distance. 

“With your shoe like that and a for a pretty,” Mr. Jung stumbles over the adjective, and he feels his face turn an abnormal shade of red, “I mean, any young woman to be walking alone in the streets this late at night, that is not very smart.” He pats the leather sewn seat, “Just get in.” 

You start to struggle on how to convince him that it is okay, but your whole body objects and instinctively you sit into the seat.

Mr. Jung reaches over and closes the door for you, and at the same time, helps you buckle your seatbelt. “Wh-what--” your face starts to burn, but no sentences could come out of your mouth.

“Sorry, for wasting your time, you should have been home by now.” you fumble with your fingers, but Mr. Jung shrugs and drives along the quiet road.

“You aren’t wasting my time, just tell me where to drop you off.” he turns his head to smile, and you take note that this is the first time you saw him like this.

The ride was silent, with the occasional finger pointing in what direction to go in. What could have taken you an hour, only took you five minutes to get home.

“Thank you so much for the ride.” You are about to open the side door, but Mr. Jung unexpectedly made you stop.

“B-before you go, I wanted to give you something.” Mr. Jung turns around, and the only thing that ran through your head was your last pity paycheck before he fires you.

From the back seat, he pulls out the pink shopping bag that he spent an hour shopping for.

“Here, it is for you. Since I saw your shoe like that, I got you something new.” He puts the shopping bag into your lap, but soon waves of guilt start to drown you.

“I-I can’t accept this. I don’t deserve it.” You pick up the bag and give it back to him, “Give it to your girlfriend, or something, I don’t know!” you hold out the bag, but his hands fold over yours and gently push the bag back towards you.

“I don’t have a girlfriend, so if you try to give it back, I have no use in the shoes.” Mr. Jung gives an embarrassed smile, which is a nice change from his usual cold stare.

If only you knew how he was actually watching you struggle and seeing you still work pulled at his heartstrings. And when you left his office, he saw how much your legs hurt, and that you still tried to work harder even though you were already doing enough made him feel something strange. He had put so much thought in to these shoes, thinking of what size shoe you are and what color would fit you best. In the end, he was clueless and had to ask the store clerk for help.

“I-I can’t thank you enough.” you finally accept the gift, and Mr. Jung feels a little more relieved after he put in so much work on what shoes to buy. “I seriously owe you, I can’t accept this emptily.” You look down at the bag with such admiration that Mr. Jung could literally feel his heart beat faster.

You open the door, and out of the car so you can give a proper ninety degree bow. “Good night. See you on Monday at work.” You turn to open your apartment door, but once again, you get stopped.

“Wait! I mean, can you owe me tomorrow night were I can take you out to dinner?” He boldly asks, holding his breath in anticipation on what you would say.

“Mr. Jung, I-I don’t know, what if--” you scratch the back of your head with insecurity.

“I would like to take you as Jung taekwoon instead.” He gives another one of those smiles where you finally realized that you have been talking to taekwoon this whole time.

“Dinner sounds great.”

A/N: WOW OKAY A FOR EFFORT RIGHT? :D