EXO (kai) part 2

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

 

A/N: this is part 2 to my other kai thing. here is part 1

someone asked to make another thing off this, so i had this fluffy idea. he he, and the kai scenario was just a random idea i had O_O glad u liked it tho… i guess? LOL XD request from anon~~

 

    Even if two months have passed, Jong in has definitely made sure that he wouldn't lose you again. When he wasn't busy doing Exo promotions, he would visit your house. If he wasn't at your house, he would be sending you presents and flowers. If he wasn't sending you presents, he would find a way to get closer to Minho.

    Today, you open the door and you are met with a shopping bag that itself looks expensive, and a note tied to it. You peak into the shopping bag, and you see some designer junk you don’t need.

    You roll your eyes, and you take the bag and put it in the corner of your room; where all the other useless gifts are sitting.

    You are about to turn around, but you feel something hugging your leg.

    “Mommy, what are all these gifts for?” your five year old son asked curiously.

    “Ah, it is nothing. Just some stuff I don’t need. Come on, we need to get you off to school!” you say excitedly, but your son still holds on tight to your leg.

    “Are, these, from daddy?” he asks and your heart breaks.

    “Who is this daddy that you are talking about?” you pick up your son and hold him in your arms.

    “That man that we met at the park, isn't he daddy?”

    “How do you know that is daddy?” you ask playfully, and your son points to your bed.

    “He is the same exact man that is in that picture you have under your pillow, and you look at it every night.” your son jumps out of your arms and pulls out the picture frame that was hidden under your pillow.

    “See, that is him, right?” he asks, and you stare at your son stunned. It was a small picture of Jong in giving you a hug from behind, it was taken the same year you found out you were pregnant, and the same year you left him.

    “We are going to be late for school, come on let’s hurry.” You grab the frame from Minho’s small hands and put it back in its rightful place.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    “Thank you so much! I owe you so much!” You thank your ajumma neighbor over the phone.

    “Aniyo, the boy is my pleasure! I am right here waiting for him at the school, I really needed to get the fresh air anyways. Work hard, I need you to rest well so you don't look old like me!” your neighbor joked; since when have you been blessed with such kind people? You hear some kid’s screaming, indicating that school has been let out.

    “Is that mommy?” you could faintly hear Minho, and after a few rustles, the phone is passed to your son.

    “Umma?” your son speaks through the phone and you smile to yourself even though you know he cant see you.

    “Anneyong, I’m so sorry. I have to work overtime so I can't pick you up. I promise, I will make it up to you!” you try to say cheerfully, but your heart breaks when you see

    “It is okay mom, don’t worry. I am used to it already.” your son speaks naturally and you feel like the worst parent alive.

    “Ah really? I’m sorry.” you repeat, but your voice breaks a little.

    “Don’t worry mom, someone has to pay the bills or whatever they are called. When I get older I promise I will take care of you!” your son said happily, and you could hear your son laugh to himself.

    You laugh quietly, and you feel some tears slip out of your eyes. “Since when has my Minho been so smart?”

    “I get it from you! Get back to work, I will wait for you. Fighting! I love you!” your son made a kissing noise over the phone and he hung up. You chuckle and wipe the tears from your cheeks.

    “Why is he so much like his father?” you joke to yourself, and you continue to bring your hands to your face. It is amazing how sweet your son could be, that you are crying out of guilt now.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

    Jong in walks by a small school playground, and sees a small head of black hair sitting on the swings by himself.

    Jong in walks towards the playground and closer to Minho, and when Jong in stood in front of him Minho greeted him with the biggest grin ever.

    “Appa!” Minho screamed and ran to give Jong in a huge hug. Just one word, can make Jong in feels so touched.

    “Ah, anneyong! What are you doing here by yourself?” Jong in smiles and gently ruffles Minho’s hair.

    “Who is this young, handsome gentleman?” your neighbor came up to Jong in and patted his hands. “Omo, you are that boy that has been sending all of those presents to ______-ssi so frequently!” the ajumma exclaims and Jong in shyly laughs and nodded in agreement.

    “Neh, sorry I have come of as bothersome.” Jong in apologizes, and the ajumma slightly slaps jong in on the arm.

    “Aigoo, what are you saying. All the women in our neighbor are so jealous that there is such a handsome man going after ______-ssi!” Jong in shyly laughs again. The ajumma leaned in closer and whispers in his ear, “Be careful though, all the men had attempted to get to ______-ssi for the past five years”. Soon, Jong in’s smile has disappeared and his jaw tightened with a bit of annoyance.

    “Here, you and Minho should have some bonding time together. I will leave you two be, I will be leaving!” your neighbor says a bit too happily, and she walks away with a skip in her step.

    “Appa, what was ajumma talking about?” Minho asks innocently, and Jong in continues to grit his teeth in an attempt to calm his nerves.

    “It is nothing, come on. Let’s go!” Jong in holds onto Minho’s hand.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

    What Jong in really loved about your town was how quiet it was and that it was in the country side, no media, no sasaengs, and no interruptions.

    Jong in still holds onto Minho’s hand, while they both eat the ice cream Jong in had bought for them.

    “Minho-ah, where is umma?” Jong in asks and Minho shrugged.

    “Umma is working overtime, she does it a lot because she always says she needs to support me. Umma has a lot of jobs, at day and night, so she doesn’t pick me up from school a lot. The nice ajumma across the street takes care of me when umma isn't here.” Minho explains calmly.

    Jong in could feel his heart tighten a little, about how the people he loves are forced to go through so much. Especially you, how hard working you are; only if you asked him for help.

    “Minho-ah, how would you like it if I helped you and umma? I can let you live with me, and umma won't need to work so much.” Jong in suggests with a smile, and it looks as if Minho will be in tears.

    “Really? We can all live happily together, like one big family! And umma won’t be so sad anymore!” Minho squeals and squeezed Jong in’s grip.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

    The ajumma across the street has give Jong in the spare keys into the small house, and Minho’s small hands held onto Jong in’s while Minho nagivated to your bedroom.

    “What I am going to show you is a big secret, so you need to promise me that you won’t tell anyone. Promise?” Minho held out his tiny pinky, and Jong in stares at in amusement and holds out his pinky as well. “Umma always does this when she makes me a promise, and she has never broken a promise before!” Minho wraps his small finger around Jong in’s.

    Minho opened to your small bedroom and Jong in was displeased to see the gifts he has well thought out, is now rotting in the corner.

    Jong in analyzed your bedroom, trying his best to understand what you had to go through. Jong in sits himself on top of your bed, and he wonders if he experienced more lonely nights than you.

    Minho sits himself on Jong in’s lap and shows him a bunch of photos.

    “This is an old photo book umma has been hiding in the closet, I found it a long time ago when she wasn't here. She still doesn't know that I have this!” Jong in giggles to himself, and jong in could recognize the photo book even with his eyes closed.

    It read “Happy Third Anniversary” in the neatest hand writing you could write in. Jong in smiled when he saw the pictures of you and him. From the birthdays and parties, to the hugs and kisses, he remembers each memory crystal clear.

    Jong in flips through each page and he can feel himself start to tear a bit.

    “I looked at this every night before I went to bed, and I always dreamed what my appa looked like and if I would ever meet him. Now appa has come on a white horse to save umma and me!” Minho laughs and holds tight on Jong in’s arm. Jong in continues to use one hand to look through the photos, and his other hand gently soothes Minho’s hair.

    “Did you know I always wanted an appa? All the kids in my class would brag about how their dad had gotten them things from over the country, and umma promised me that one day appa would come and give me something too. Umma never breaks her promise.” Minho smiles and he buries himself closer to Jong in.

    “Yah, you are so smart like umma, aren't you?” Jong in laughs and Minho enthusiastically nodded.

    “Umma always looks at this picture before she goes to bed, but she tells me it isn't you. She is such a liar at times.” Minho gives the picture frame that was underneath your pillow.

    Jong in looks at it a bit shocked, but then he smiles at the picture for a while. He could finally feel hopeful.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

    You tiredly slid the key into the key hole, and you open the door. You throw off your shoes and instead of hearing the normal silence there is when you get home, you hear a voice that you can never forget.

    “And they lived happily, ever, after.” Jong in closes the book and stares at his kid. He was lying on the bed along with his son, a huge pile of picture books were on the desk next to Jong in.

    “You should go to sleep now.” Jong in advised, but Minho shook his head.

    “Not until,” Minho lets out a yawn that seems to show how tired he is, “not until, umma is here.” Minho has his eyes slightly closed already.

    “Go to bed already.” You order, while leaning against the door frame.

    “Umma, come right next to me!” Minho gestures you for you to lay next to him on his left, and Jong in on his right.

    You obediently agree, but avoiding to look at Jong in.

    “I always wanted to be like this, to be in the middle of my umma and appa. I am so happy.” Minho claps and points to another book. “One more book, please?” Minho slightly pouts, and both you and Jong in couldn't say no.

    Barely one minute passed, and your son was already out cold. You stand up and turn off the lights, Jong in following suit.

    You silently close Minho’s bedroom door, and when you turn around to walk away; you feel an embrace from behind.

    Arms wrapped around your waist, his head perfectly resting on top of your shoulder, and a small kiss on your cheek.

    “It really feels like we are family.” Jong in confesses. You try to pry yourself away from him but he was way stronger than you

    “Let’s stay like this for a bit, please? I need you to listen to me.” Jong in whispered in your ear, and you feel yourself frozen underneath his trance.

    He sways you side to side, to the rhythm of invisible music. “Do you know how many empty nights I have experienced for five years? How long I have waited for you to walk through my front door as if nothing happened? I have thought endless things on why you left, and I thought it was all my fault. Which it is, because I can’t do anything to protect you and Minho. When I thought I was able to move on, I couldn’t. And two months ago, when I saw you and Minho, I knew I could never move on. It is so funny how we were able to meet again after five long years. I know I am selfish, but come back home, please. I missed you.” Jong in hugs you tighter, and buries his face into the crook of your neck.

    You begin to slightly cry, and you quickly brought your hand to your eyes to wipe your tears away.

    “Why am I crying?” you let out an empty laugh, and soon your hands just stuck to your face and you cried to your heart’s content.

    Jong in just wraps his arms around you tighter, showing that he is never letting you go. He turns you so you are now facing him, he gently pulls your hands so they aren’t covering your feelings anymore.

    He stares square in the eye, and leans down for another passionate kiss you will never forget.

    Unexplained feelings was spoken in one kiss, and you could feel your heart beat faster and faster.

    Jongin pulls away even though the both of you didn't want it to end, but he had to say those three words that was killing him. “I love you”.