Winner (jinwoo)

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

    A/N: Daddy Long Legs is a book that a rich ,tall person with very long legs gives money for an orphan girl education/collage. His condition is that she must write to him once a month by the name of "John Smith." She dislikes writing to a random person who she only has had a glimpse of and knows nothing about except that he is rich and tall. So, she calls him Daddy long legs.

 

    You were a bookworm; you were never ashamed of it. The way one sentence would make you seriously think, or how you would learn one new word every time you picked up a book. You loved the feeling every time you would pick up a paper back, and you would open to the smell of paper and ink combined together. You were quite distant from other kids in your school, but people always gossip about you. From boys calling you the innocent type that they love, to girls who would whisper about how you are just a giving an act; but you didn't care. The only comfort you needed were the books that would surround you  every day. The library was your second home, and your safe haven.

    You run your fingers over the binds of each passing book on the shelf, and the leather covering would always find a way to make you feel happy. You read your favorite books so many times, that you know the lines by heart.

    Each week, you would check out one of your favorite books and reread it and then return it by next week to check out another book.

    You immediately finding the book that you were particularly looking for; Daddy Long Legs. It is one of those old classics that you never get tired of, and it every time you read it feels like it was the first time you had read it. Yes, it was an old book but you always wanted to have someone to come and save you. You wanted your own daddy long legs.

    “Hey, do you know that girl?” Jinwoo’s friend whispered into his ear.

    “Huh, who?” Jinwoo asked, clearly confused.

    “Her!” His friend pointed at you, sitting in the corner in your own world.

    Jinwoo felt his face become all red when his eyes are directed towards you.

    “Uh, like she is in my class, you know. I don’t know her, like she is a classmate, I mean, yea.” Jinwoo stutters out, but of course he knew you. He knows that you are one of the smartest kids in the school, and how every week you pick out two books, the pattern you had with certain books, and he knows how you always seem to have be fascinated just by a couple of words on paper. He was your secret admirer; a bit creepy, right? But ever since he has found you at the library studying, he thought you were an angel. Maybe he was just a classmate to you, but you weren't just a classmate to him. 

    Jinwoo continues to stare at you for a while, but he also sees his friend clearly having an interest in you. “Damn, she is one fine lady.” His friend smirks, and Jinwoo felt like punching his friend at the library right there and then.

    “Yah, shut up.” Jinwoo slightly pushed his friend.

    “Why, look, she is totally my style.” He brags to jinwoo, and jinwoo remains quiet trying to control his annoyance.

 

    Next day, Jinwoo has at least three classes with you and he looked forward to each one even though the class itself was torturous.

    He watches as you scribble the notes down, and you have a determined look to get everything the teacher is saying. He should be as diligent as you, but he will get the notes later. Or even better, he would get the notes from you.

    Jinwoo smiles while he continues to fantasize about you, he didn't even realize the bell rang.

    He felt a tap on his shoulder, “Uh, Jinwoo-ssi… class is over.” Jinwoo heard that silent voice he seemed to be in love with.

    “Ah, oh thank you, uh excuse me.” Jinwoo stammers and doesn't form a proper sentence.

    Jinwoo stands up too fast, and ends up tripping over his chair. He fumbles with grabbing his backpack, and he walks into a few desks along the way out of the classroom. He could hear your giggles, which made Jinwoo’s humiliation even worse.

    “Uh, bye, see you around, I guess, like, yea.” Jinwoo waves and walks down the hallway.

    You wave back, and you see a few moments later Jinwoo running from the direction he was walking to.

    “CLASS IS THIS WAY.” he yelled and sprinted to his classroom that happened to be on the other side of the school.

    You wait another few moments, and you see him run the opposite direction again.

    “WAIT NO, IT IS LUNCH!” Jinwoo ran towards the cafeteria; he hated getting lost so easily.

 

    Always for lunch, you would make your way to the library. Like always, jinwoo would follow suit.

    You sit down at your usual corner seat, and cuddle with your book.

    Jinwoo peaks around a bookshelf, and hides behind it again. In the quiet atmosphere, he thought everyone can hear his heavy heart pounding against his chest. He was so nervous, he didn't know how you were going to react in what he is going to do in five seconds.

    He takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves, he spots the closest person that is walking by him and pulls the poor person to the side.

    “Can you please, please, please, do me a favor?” jinwoo begs, and the student looks suspicious.

    “Uh… what…” the student asks cautiously and Jinwoo hands him a note.

    “Do you see that pretty girl sitting in the corner there? Give her this letter, please?” Jinwoo smiles, and the student pulls away and walks to you with ease.

    “Wait!” jinwoo grabs the poor student’s arm, “don’t tell her it is me!” Jinwoo smiles and the boy gives an even weirder look towards Jinwoo.

    “Uh… okay…” and the boy delivers the message to you, Jinwoo observes the facial expression you have and his heart pounds even harder if that is possible.

    You open the neatly folded letter and you see handwriting that must have taken a long time to write.

    Find your favorite book that has a big whale in it~ don't worry, it isn't a creeper. You know me~ but you need to finish the scavenger hunt to find out who this is ^^

    You smile to yourself, curiosity hit you and you went out to start the book.

    It was one of the first books that you have had a huge liking with it, strangely.

    You pull out the book and you see the cover that made you smile. “Moby ”, yes it is a bit weird that this fat book is one of your favorite book, but this has a special place in your heart.

    You flip through the pages, and you find a post-it towards page 39.

    I tried reading it because it is one of your favorites, but i couldn't get through it and the whale kind of scared me ㅠ ㅠ this is where I stopped because I fell asleep. Sorry~ I should learn to be as smart as you~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋNext hint; find the book that is about a mocking bird. ㅋㅋㅋ    -Daddy Long Legs

    You smile to yourself as you read the compliment, and signing each note as “Your Daddy Legs”. So you set off to find the other hint.

    This was going on,until you reached the last hint.

    If you see this, then that means you have enough patience for me~^^  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  congrats on making it this far~ but sadly, this the last hint, but at least you can find me~ I would talk to you instead, but I never seem to find my words when I see you. Weird, right? ㅋㅋ why do you do this to me? ㅠ ㅠ I find you the smartest, prettiest, and kindest girl I have ever met, but I really like you for you just being you. You are different from most girls, I find you special~ ㅋㅋfind the book that is about me.    - Daddy Long Legs

    You see an origami heart along with the note, and you couldn't help but smile like a fool.

    You check out that book so often, that you could find that book blindfolded.

    Right where you are supposed to find the book, you are met with a Jinwoo holding a single rose towards you and a bright smile.

    He laughs shyly and tries to hide away in embarrassment. “Do you accept my feelings?” he asks nervously and you take the flower from his hand.

    You slowly nod with a heavy blush written all over your head. Jinwoo couldn't contain his excitement anymore and he easily hugged you while spinning you in a circle.

    He kisses you on the cheek and whispers in your ear, “I will be your daddy long legs, forever and always.”