B.A.P (youngjae)

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

     

     You were late, to be exact, three hours late.

     Youngjae lightly drums his fingers on the small table he was sitting at in the cafe.

     He checked his phone, no new messages.

     "The least she can do is reply to my text." youngjae muttered impatiently. It would be understandable if he was the one late because he had a job that made him work 24/7, but he had no idea what you were doing.

     "Sir, would you like to order?" the same waiter for the past few hours have come over and ask.

     The waiter had a look of pity and sympathy; he knew that youngjae was getting stood up.

     "Ah, actually I was thinking of going. Thank you though." youngjae offers a somewhat warm smile, and he gave a rather large tip because he felt bad for the waiter having to keep waiting on him like that.

     Youngjae slowly made his exit, and he double checks to see if you would walk in the door; no such luck.

     By now, youngjae was just fuming with pure anger. Not only had you stood him up, you haven't even texted or called him a reply on where you were. Nor have you been answering the eight times youngjae called.

     "She must be cheating on me." youngjae angrily curses, he decides to walk home in an attempt to cool his self down; it didn't work.

     Youngjae angrily lets himself in the dorm and slams the front door shut.

     "hyung!" jongup greets, but sees a stern look fixed on youngjae's face. Jongup immediately quiets down and knows not to be annoying.

     "Ah youngjae, how was your date with your girlfriend?" daehyun flings an arm around youngjae and a smile flashes on daehyun's face.

     "Aish! Stop it! I am not in the mood for this!" youngjae yells and pushes daehyun away from him.

     Daehyun watches as youngjae stamps to his room, and slams the room shut.

     "Did I do anything in the past twenty four hours that got him mad?" daehyun asks genuinely towards jongup, but of course jongup shrugs.

     "Damn... Someone is upset." himchan now speaks up, and he walks over to daehyun and pats him on the back. "Don't worry, just get some sleep. Youngjae will be fine tomorrow when his girlfriend makes up with him or something." himchan smiles reassuringly and leaves his dongsaengs staring in confusion.

     Youngjae flings himself onto his bed and stares at the ceiling in fascination.

     Youngjae jumps a bit with the sudden noise of his phone. He looks at his screen and he sees your name with hearts around it.

     Youngjae stares at the phone screen, and he angrily drags his finger on the phone screen to decline the call.

     "You are calling me now?" youngjae speaks to his self, he laughs emptily, "'calling back' my !" youngjae scowls at the name he loves so much.

 

     Dinner comes around in just a couple minutes, but youngjae was in no mood to eat at the momebt. The short amount of time has just made youngjae even grumpier.

     "yo, dinner is ready!" himchan screamed through out the dorm; and member by member starts to slowly file into the kitchen.

     The members were well into eating their bowls of rice, until a shrill of a phone rang through the room.

     Youngjae stares at it for a bit, until jongup breaks his trance.

     "Uhm, hyung, you should answer that." jongup silently speaks up, but youngjae did the exact opposite.

     Youngjae casually declines your call and the other members look at him like as if youngjae went crazy; which is probably true.

     "hyung why--" zelo tries to question but youngjae cuts him off abruptly.

     "Nothing, just eat." but another shrill is echoed in the room.

     "Aish!" youngjae is about to press decline but yongguk grabs the phone away from him.

     "Let me answer." yongguk slides the green icon and brings the phone to his ear.

     "Whatever." youngjae tries to coolly shrug it off, but curiosity is killing him on what you are saying.

     Tense silence fell through the kitchen and yongguk's back is turned away from everyone so it doesn't help the members' worries.

     Youngjae could spot a muscle jump in yongguk's jaw, and his knuckles turn white as he clutches the phone harder.

     "youngjae, it is for you..." yongguk trials off and hands the phone towards youngjae. Yongguk urgently holds the phone towards youngjae, and he hesitantly takes the phone.

     "yobesayo?" he says silently and an unknown voice.

     "anneyonghasaeyo. Are you the guardian or relative of _____-ssi?" a formal, male voice speaks.

     Youngjae takes a while to answer, because he doesn't know what to say. "uh neh, I am her boyfriend." he states and he hears an awkward cough.

     "I am sorry to say. She has passed just this evening. She got in a car accident and we have been doing surgery until now. We tried our best to save her. Can you please come to the hospital to sign her papers? You were set as her number one speed dial, and it seems she has no parents." the doctor speaks in monotone, and youngjae immediately stands up from the kitchen table and throws on his jacket and shoes. He couldn't believe it; he needed to see this joke himself.

 

     Youngjae didn't care if he looked like a freak wearing two left shoes, with his jacket was inside out and his plaid pajama pants on; he needed to see you.

     He raids into the hospital and he tries to walk past the front desk but a nurse stop him.

     "Can I see an identification please?" she asks and youngjae has crazed eyes.

     "WHERE IS SHE?" youngjae yells, but the nurse remains calm.

     "Please, who are you looking for?" it seems she sees people like youngjae all the time.

     Youngjae yells your name at the poor nurse, and he keeps repeating it to himself. He had a crazy idea that, if he said your name enough times, it might just bring you back.

     "Room 308." the nurse recognizes the name as the recently deceased young woman.

     Youngjae runs towards the stairs in the speed of light and he flings open your hospital room.

     He couldn't even see you, there is just a thin, white hospital sheet lying on top of your body.

     Youngjae slowly put one foot in front of the other, and he stands by your bedside.

     He thought of how scared you must have been, but you stayed strong until your last breath. Or how you wanted to hold his hand because you always wanted to hold it when you needed assurance. Or how you got in this accident just to get the date on time; it is all because of him.

      His knees drop to the ground and he held your limp hand to his face. He hid his tears on your hospital bed.

Youngjae tightened his grip on you, praying that you could feel him grasping for your life back.

      “Yah, stop joking.” He cracks his usually smooth voice. He shakes your hand a bit, but there is no response.

      “Stop playing around, you can wake up now.” He shakes your hand harder, but there is still nothing.

      “Wake up, please.” He yells in the deathly quiet hospital room, making him sound louder than he actually is. “Please, wake up.” He whispers, but like before, you never answered.

A/N: this was my own idea and i wrote this a while ago. lol whoops