EXO (kai)

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

A/N: this idea just magically came while I saw something on aff so im like “oh this would make a great oneshot” I think this would be short. Okay why do I do long a/n I dnt think u care about my blabbering. Okay bai

 

      Dear wife,

You know that I like writing that because it still gives me butterflies in my stomach. I remember you would always have that cute blush on your face whenever I called you that.

I’m sorry that I am writing like this and I couldn’t say this to you personally; it is because of my job and going overseas for concerts. I always thought of you though when I performed. I only go on stage because of you, I only think of you cheering me on. I wish you could have seen me though; I would have loved to see your face in the crowd.

Wah, I can’t believe it has been a year already! I miss you so much it, but thinking of how proud you would be of me gives me strength. Fighting~^^

There is so much to say but I can only fit on one page, but don’t worry, I will say more when I actually see your face!

Do you know what keeps me going? It is when I think of us. I still remember when I first met you, aish you were so stupid to forget your umbrella so I had to give you mine. You must know that I got a cold because of that! But I must admit, it was totally worth it.

Do you also remember our first date? Aigoo, it was so hard to ask you out. You don’t know how relieved I was when you said yes. The funny part was how we got caught in the rain, just like how we first met, but the both of us had no umbrella so we both got sick! That was a miserable week for me ㅠㅠ

I miss you, but I will see you soon. I promise! I love you~

      Love,

            Your husband

 

      “So how was that? I know I am not the best writer.” Jong in awkwardly scratches the back of his head, “I missed you so much, but I’m glad that I’m back home in Korea.” Jong in lets out a small laugh, “The world tour finally ended, and it was a total success! The whole time I was away, I only thought of how proud you must have been of me! I heard so many fans cheer for me, but I can only think of how you would cheer me on! Aish, I don’t know what else to say because I am sure you know my heart already.” Jong in smiles to his self, “like I promised, I have been taking care of myself well.” Jong in stops talking because he knows he has said enough.

He folds the letter into a small rectangle again, and he sets it beside the stone with your name engraved into it, along with a dash in between two dates.

      “You know I love you so much, right?” jong in’s voice cracks and he takes a deep breath trying to swallow his tears back.

      “We miss you.” He whispers and he feels the wind blow gently and he felt as if it was you whispering back, jong in suddenly feels comfort again.

      “Minho, let’s go home!” Jong in calls for his son who was playing in the meadow.

      Jong in sees a tuff of black hair running to him and he sees a huge smile on his son’s face, along with something in his hand.

      “Son, what is that?” Jong in squats down to his son’s eye level, and minho presents with a couple of flowers crushed in his grip.

      “I brought this to give to mommy!” he grins brightly and he runs past jong in and to the stone. Minho lays his measly flowers next to the expensive roses and the letter jong in brought.

      Jong in observes his son with a sad grin. Minho turns his head and waves his dad away, “look away! This is only for mommy and me, you can’t see!” The son exaggeratedly says and jong in laughs.

      “Okay, whatever you say!” Jong in turns his head away, and puts in earphones that weren’t plugged into his phone, pretending he isn’t paying attention.

      “Mom, I miss you. Daddy misses you too, he has your wedding photo still under his pillow, but he denies it. Daddy and I are doing great, everyday, he wakes up extra early to make me breakfast and to get me to school. Mommy, guess what! I got a hundred on my math quiz! It was my very first quiz in kindergarten but I know you would be proud of me! Daddy taught me well! He isn’t home a lot, but the ajumma across the street and grandma took really good care of me. I know daddy is trying his best as a mom, but he knows he can’t take your place.” Minho giggles, and jong in hears some paper crumple, “here mommy, I drew this picture for you in school. I love you!” Minho kisses the stone and jong in feels a sudden hand grab his from behind.

      “Appa, let’s go home now!” Minho tries to drag his dad to the car, but jong in takes out his phone and earphones.

      “Time for me and mommy to have a secret talk then, hear listen to this and don’t look!” Jong in scolds and pushes the earphones into his son’s ear and plays a random song on his playlist.

      Minho turns around and quietly sings along and fumbles with the lyrics, but he was too immersed in his own world to care.

      Jong in leans down and unfolds the picture drawn by minho. Jong in chokes back a sob, and he sees a stick figure family with a little boy and two happy parents. They are all in front of a house that looks someone like the house they live in, and they all are holding hands while sharing giant smiles on their faces.

      How jong in wishes that he could give the family his son wanted, but he knows it would be hard to replace you.

      “Jong in is a strong and smart boy, he really does take after you.” Jong in whispers and he wipes away the unwanted tears forming at the bottom of his eyes.

      “Don’t forget about us.” He puts the picture down next to you and he gives one last smile before leaving you.

      Jong in runs behind minho and lifts him up unexpectedly, twirling him in circles.

      Minho starts to have a fit of squeals and more giggles as he realizes it was his dad who gave him a surprise attack.

      “Let’s go home and eat a lot. Do you want me to make you your favorite jjajangmyun for dinner?” jong in whispers into his son’s ear and in a result, his son squeals more in excitement.

      “Let’s go home then.” Jong in puts down minho and holds onto his hand, walking towards the car.

      “Dad, do you think mommy will come back?” minho randomly asks, and jong in feels his heart stop.

      He hesitates before replying, “I don’t think so, but I think mommy is happy where she is now, so we have to be happy for her and for us.” Jong in gently puts it into words, and minho nods, not really understanding the concept that you won’t be coming back for a while.

      “I miss mommy.” Minho mutters and his lips slide into a pout. Jong in glances to his left and sees small pools begin to form.

      “Yah,” Jong in picks up his son and holds him with one arm, “don’t cry, you know mommy and I don’t like to see you cry.” Jong in takes his other hand and wipes away the tears that are starting to fall.

      “I’m sorry, don’t be upset because of me.” Jong in uses his small hands to quickly rub the tears from his eyes.

      “Don’t worry, I miss mommy too.” Jong in reassures his son, and continues to wipe his son’s red eyes. “But let’s both smile for her, because it think that would make her really happy!” Jong in smiles, and his son follows after.

      “I think mommy wants us to be happy too.” Minho says and jong in nods in agreement.

      “Wah, since when has our minho got so smart?” jong in over dramatically gasps and minho lets out another giggle that made his tears disappear.

      “I get it from mommy.” Minho proudly says and jong in nuzzles his nose into his son’s neck making the boy laugh louder.

      “Of course, let’s go home now then.” Jong in carries his son the rest of the way to the car.

      Jong in buckles his son into his car seat, and he ruffles his hair, “you know I love you, right?” jong in questions and minho nods his head.

      “I love you too daddy.” He trails off, and his head slightly bobs trying to stay awake.

      “That’s my boy.” Jong in kisses his son’s forehead before he fell into a deep sleep.

      Jong in slides into the driver seat and closes the door. He has his hands on the steering wheel, but doesn’t start moving. Not being able to take it anymore, he puts put his on the steering wheel and quietly sobs making sure his son can’t hear him.

      “You know I love you, right?” jong in whispers to the emptiness in the air, and doesn’t expect a response anyways.

A/N: HAH yea i am a troll. lol this wasnt really as short as i thought it would be... them feelz... like asdfghjkl