EXO (kai)

one shots, scenarios and drabbles

You nervously thumbed your phone; all you could feel was anxiousness.

    You tapped your foot on the hard, restaurant floor. Each passing second felt like a minute instead, you hated waiting like this.

    Finally, you heard the bell ringing indicating someone walked into the restaurant.

    “Ah, anneyong!” Jong in greeted with a bright smile, even though he is soaking wet. “It is raining cats and dogs out there.” He laughs and he takes off his coat that is drenched with water and he shaked his head trying to get all the water off of his hair.

    Your fingers nervously tapped against the table, and you smile back half heartedly.

    When Jong in settled into his seat, you could feel your foot start to tap faster.

    “So, let’s order.” Jong in advised while giving one of those lopsided grins.

    He read the menu thoroughly, and you couldn’t take it anymore.

    “Jong in-ah, I think it is best… that we take a break…” you said with a shaky breath, and you see Jong in stare at you blankly for a while. Soon he just smiles and nods.

    “Okay, let’s take a break.” he nodded and you raised an eyebrow. He took that a lot better than you thought.

    “You are okay with that?” you asked slowly, and he nodded.

    “Yeah, like it is just a break. I mean, it doesn't mean we are breaking up. It just that you are taking a break, but we are getting back together tomorrow after your break!” he smiles and you felt your heart rip.

    “No, Jong in it—“ but he waved you off.

    “You must be hungry, let’s eat!” he suggested, and you can see a pained expression behind that smile of his; he was just acting in denial.

    “I actually forgot, I have a lot of work to do.” you stand up, and he stands up with you.

    “I will drive you!”

    “It is okay, the bus stop isn't that far away.”

    “I will walk you there!”

    “No, you have a lot of promotions. Eat and go back home and rest.” you are about to take your leave, but he grabs your arm forcefully.

    “At least… call me… promise?” he asks desperately; you can see the fear in his eyes.

    You nod your head in a robotic-manner. “Mmhmm, okay.”

 

    You never called him that day, nor the day after and the day after that. You blocked his number when he spammed your phone with voice mails and text messages. Every other day, whenever he was able to, he would wait outside your door in hopes that you would open up for him. One month has passed like this, and it really hurtled when you would see him like this. Of course you wanted to reply to his messages, or hug him when he would come to your house late at night after exo promotions.

    It is three in the morning, and why aren’t you sleeping? You keep thinking of why you are doing this to him; and to yourself. You had to keep reminding yourself that you can’t be selfish, he needed this break to rest. He should be spending the time resting, rather than meeting up with you.

    What interrupt your thoughts is an unfamiliar noise. You don't hear the obnoxious knocking on your door anymore; you hear a jangle of keys going into your door.

    You hear your door squeak open, and you held your breath. You shakily stand up from your bed and slowly make your way downstairs into the living room.

    You had nothing to defend yourself with, but you couldn't just stay in bed and wait for whatever came into your home.

    You slowly tiptoe down the stairs, and you peak around the hall and see who the mysterious person can be.

    Instead of some big, scary, old guy, you are meant with a smiling, handsome, young man.

    “Anneyong!” Jong in greets with a bright smile, and you are relieved but nervous.

    “Jong in…” is all you can say. He holds up a key and laughs to himself.

    “I finally found the spare key you gave me, after you kept nagging me—“ he hiccups, “nagging me, to find them.” he laughs and you let out a sigh. A sigh of relief and annoyance.

    You can smell the stench of alcohol even at the distance you are from him. You were glad that he was drunk because you knew that he would forget about being here tomorrow, but you were annoyed at the fact you had to handle your drunk ex boyfriend at this time. Plus, how could he go home when he is this intoxicated?

    You so badly wanted to call one of the exo members so they can pick up the drunk maknae, but you didn't want to wake up any of the members. They seem to be so tired lately; you just needed to endure this night.

    “Have you been drinking?” you ask, but it is more of a statement.

    “YAH! Only you,” he points a crooked finger at you, “only you, can make me,” he points at himself, “make me like this.” he stares right into your eyes, and he continues to smile.

    You walk towards him with a blank expression, but he stumbles away from you.

    “Yah, come here.” you order, and he just smiles and walks back towards you like a puppy going back to its owner.

    Instead of standing a decent distance away from you, he decides to throw his arms around you. “I came back! Now it is your turn to come back to me!” he slurs his words.

    You ignore the horrible smell of alcohol, because you are too focused on what he said. You so badly wanted to cry in his arms now, but you had to stay strong.

    Your silence made Jong in continue talking. “You said that you would call me back! You promised! You never break your promises!” he whines like a little kid, “why did you leave me? You left me when I needed you most. I can only get through promoting when I know that you are here to cheer me on. But why did you leave?” and you let out a few tears.

    “Come on, let’s get you to bed.” you say with a broken heart. You lead him to the stairs, but it ends up that you have to half-carry him up it because he seems too drunk to walk. You plop him on the bed, and you rub your temples together; he already is half conscious.

    You attempt to taking off his shirt so he won’t smell so gross in the morning. When your hands touch the hem of his shirt, his hands stop you.

    “Yah, what are you doing?” he mumbles out, and he gives you a mischievous smile. How can he still have these thoughts when he is this drunk?

    You give a disgusted look at him, “I am helping you, stop thinking like that.” you scold, and you continue what you were doing.

    He seems awake enough to help you. Thank the lord because you felt so awkward. You close your eyes as you throw the blanket to cover himself up.

    You are about to go downstairs, but his hand grabs onto your arm.

    “Where are you going?” he asks with closed lids.

    “I am going to sleep downstairs.” you reply in monotone, you try to yank your arm away but his grip just gets tighter.

    “Don’t leave…”

    You bit your lip at those simple words. You can tell he was scared that you would leave him, again.

    “I am not going anywhere, just downstairs.” you say in a soft tone, but he stays stubborn.

    “Stay with me.” and you sighed; you hated how he had this effect on you.

    You sit down on the floor, and hold onto his hand. “I am not going anywhere.”