End of Summer

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Eight

 

The summer school past really fast, I got used to the constant teasing about my condition. Chanyeol never stopped pranking me and Baekhyun kept teasing me. Kai kept going to my doctor meeting and made fun of my weight and try to get me to sleep with me.

 

Suho kept challenging me with harder assignment and test, I guess he didn’t know that I come from a line of prodigy geniuses. Even the girls at school have been bulling me by sending me death notes in my locker. Once I got a dead rabbit in my locker with a note saying ‘You’re just like road kill’ I didn’t get really bother by anything because I had something to look forward in September.

 

I and Baekbeom started my training by me walking around without the brace in the gym. In school I still wore my back brace and neck brace, I still used a cane or walker to help me. Baekbeom wanted me to dress normal and show my beautiful side, but I told him I will later in time.

 

Every day my friends call me to help me through this time of bulling and training. I even help them out and taught them some Korean.

 

It was the very last day of summer school and the teacher gave back are marks. Baekhyun looks onto my paper and laughs “Did you sleep with my best friend to get that mark” Baekhyun said and I lower my head. I got 100/100 which was not a surprise, the only reason why I am in summer school is to get used high school.

 

“I study hard, I work hard” I said and the grip on my pencil tighten. People were listening into me and Baekhyun conversation. Whisper was herd in the classroom as me and Baekhyun stared at each other.

 

Baekhyun grumble a piece of paper and threw it at my head “” Baekhyun said. I stood up and start to walk out of the classroom.

 

I herd whispers saying how every day I try to get to sleep with Kai and how I got my good grades by sleeping with Suho. It was not fair that every day that I was treated like this, just because I different did not mean I could be treated like this.

 

I was at my locker putting my books away when I see a group of girls coming towards me “Hey !” I girl said and slapped me across the face.

 

Thankfully Baekbeom was down the hall and saw everything. Baekbeom held my hand as he walked me to the old gym “I heard about your perfect score, congratulation” Baekbeom said and I smiled. Baekbeom help me take off my bake brace and then I felt his fingers brush the side of my back. I turn around and look at his eyes, they showed compassion.

 

“Baekbeom I know about your feelings” I said. Baekbeom cupped my cheeks and leaned into me.

 

“Can I least kiss you” Baekbeom said making me blush. I was not too sure about my feelings towards Baekbeom. He was the only who has been by my side and nice to me hear.

 

I took a step back and look down at the ground “Did you forget about Jea” I said and I saw him wide eye.

 

“How did you know” Baekbeom asked and I sighed.

 

“Baekhyun was talking about it in class and then he whispered to me how disgustingly disgraceful to be married to cripple” I said and started to get teary.

 

“You’re not a cripple, you an athlete who got hurt and is now recovering. Sooner or later you will doing your tricks on high beam” Baekbeom said

 

I nodded and wiped away my tears, then I started to walk around the matt. I pointed my feet as I walked around the matt. I needed to have full concentration while training and I can’t think about boys or any feeling I have towards them.

 

After about 3 hours of stretching and slowly getting used to training I decided to go home. “Let me drive you back home” Baekbeom said and I nodded.

 

It was pouring raining outside and Baekbeom took off his jacket and placed it over me. I look up and gave him a smile, he smiled back at me as we ran to the car in the parking lot. “Thanks” I said and handed back the jacket. The car ride was silent and awkward “In September how is my schedule going to work?” I asked Baekbeom.

 

“You will have classes until lunch after that you will s train until 9 pm or later” Baekbeom said and I nodded. “Look I’m sorry I tried to kiss you” Baekbeom said and I covered his mouth.

 

“Don’t worry about it” I said and smiled. I got out of the car, then waved goodbye and headed inside. My maids helped me get undressed for bed, I laid in bed and called my best friend Jordan.

 

“Hey babe how was your last day of school” Jordan asked.

 

“I got a perfect marks and Baekhyun and others girls bullied me today” I said and sighed.

 

“Honey you are better than them remember that, and when they find out the truth they are going to regret everything. Remember who you are, how strong you are” Jordan said.

 

“It’s not the same when I’m alone” I said and I can hear her laugh.

 

“Don’t worry me and you both know that everything is going to change very soon” Jordan said and then told her that I loved her and hanged up the phone.

 

I closed my eyes I dreamed of me at worlds with my friends. But then I started to dream about me and Baekhyun living together as a married couple. I open my eyes and sharp pain went through my body, I must have been over working my body. Why I would dream about me and Baekhyun being married, I thought to myself.

 

In the morning Butler Jang help me get to the doctor, he was a little worry since I work out a lot and complained about the pain. Once again I saw Kai at the doctor trying to flirt with all the nurses. That dude was a real player and will go from one woman to the next.

 

The doctor told me the reason I was in so much pain was because I haven’t practice in a long time. The doctor gave me some pain relief pills to help me out for my first few weeks of intense training. After the doctors we headed to the airport, I waited a long time to see my friends. Yes my friend were coming her to Korea to train with me.

 

Me and Butler Jang held up a sign that said ‘Team USA’ and waited for my friends to come. I herd girls yelling at each other and I already knew that they were here.