Thinking

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter 5

Mia’s coach Byun Baekbeom took Mia home. He was disappointed that she had to leave his home crying. Mia keep thinking back what Baekhyun said ‘Hell no. I would never marry someone as pathetic and embarrassment to society.’ Those words reminded her of her family who said those words to her as well. If a stranger and family can say that about her it must be true.

Mia was so in her thoughts she didn’t notice that her and Baekbeom where siting in car for 20 minutes in front of her building. Baekbeom was just staring at Mia and admiring her beauty while he is still a single man.

Yes Baekbeom has a crush on Mia. Baekbeom heard about Mia when her grandfather called him and told about her situation. Mia grandfather wanted to intrust his granddaughter to someone who will be able to get rid of fears and make help win USA in worlds one last time.

Baekbeom was a gymnast himself and the family had great history together. Mia grandfather had to beg Baekbeom to train Mia even if he would have to go against his own family.

When Baekbeom saw videos of Mia and her team he knew that he fell in love at first site. But what shock him most was when he saw Mia in the gym crying. It was like someone had shattered a porcelain doll, all Baekbeom wanted to do was pick up the pieces.

“Mia” Baekbeom said making Mia snap out of her thoughts.

“Oh sorry, I will leave” Mia said. She quickly unbuckle her belt and open the door.

“Wait” Baekbeom said. Mia sat back down and looked at Baekbeom. “Don’t listen to Baekhyun, remember why you’re here” Baekbeom said in a stern voice.

“I will” Mia said and left. Baekbeom wished he could tell his true feeling to Mia.

Mia headed inside the building and sat down on the couch and huffed out her frustrations.

Then came in her very angry butler “Oh there you are Master Mia, you finally decided to come home is see. Did you know I almost had a heart attack when you didn’t come home with the driver? Thankfully your coach called saying your whereabouts” Butler Jang burst out with frustrations.

“Sorry, have you set up different menus for this Friday?” Mia asked and Butler Jang brought out the different menus. Mia looked at them and then choose one that she thought Baekbeom and his grandfather will like.

“Tomorrow you won’t be going to school” Butler Jang said making Mia have a confuse face. “You have a doctor’s appointment to check on your progress” Butler Jang said.

For the first time Mia was relieved that she didn’t have to go to school and be bullied by everyone. She decided to head to bed as it seem her night wasn’t going to get better then how her day had gone.

In the morning Mia woke up got dress, the maids help her put on her back/neck brace. Mia could help but think how long she would have to wear the brace. Would people at school treat her if she never had the brace on, or have baggy clothes with a wig on? Was it worth being treated badly at school just to hide her identity?

Mia decided she will continue hiding her identity until should would finish school. Maybe by that time her family would of gave her an arrange marriage so she wouldn’t have to go out and find a husband.

This was all Mia could think about on her way to the hospital. Mia went to the hospital that was related to school. Apparently the hospital and schooling were right next to each other so after Mia appointment she would have to attend school.

When she got to the hospital she was waiting in the waiting room. Finally and old man and a boy her age called Mia. All three was sitting in the doctor office. “Hello Mia, this is my son Kai. He would be helping me and you through the time you will be attending SM high school for the speciality talented” Doctor Kim said.

Doctor Kim doctor has dark skin and was really well built. Mia was a little attracted to him, but something made her feel that he was judging her and was not a friendly person.

“Mia let’s do a simple movements without your brace” Dr. Kim said.

Mia looked at Kai and he gave a smirk and check out Mia body. Mia felt very uncomfortable “Dr. Kim is it possible we can do this private” Mia asked shly.

“No problem Mia, Kai can you please step out for a bit” Dr. Kim said and Kai walked out and gave a glare to Mia.

Mia then took off her brace and her clothes and was only left in her underwear “Let’s do a simple backward bridge” Dr. Kim said.

This was the first time Mia was going to something in gymnastics since the day she had surgery. She was nervous that she wasn’t better and if she did the move it could make her paralysis. Mia closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She thought back what her grandmother told her, she decided it was time to get back into the game.

Mia raised arms, and took another deep breath. This was it Mia bended backwards and was in a bridge. She had no pain or anything, everything felt normal. The doctor started to check out Mia and the movement of her vertebra. “Alright Mia you can come back up and we will do you examination” Dr. Kim said.

Mia was glade she did the bridge very successful and sooner or later she would be able to started training in the gym once again. Dr. Kim started to check Mia heart rate, pulse, temperature, he was even going to send out blood and urine to do a urinalysis.

Dr. Kim weighed Mia and his facial expression changed “What wrong?” Mia asked.

“Looks like you gained some weight, you got to be careful this will change on how you do tricks but don’t worry once you start training again you will be back at your normal body weight” Dr. Kim said.

It kind of scared Mia but she knew it was she because she hasn’t been active.

Mia bid the Dr. Kim goodbye and headed to school next door. As she was almost out she had bumped into Kai.

“I heard you and my dad talking apparently your fat? Is this why you didn’t want me in the room” Kai said and started to chuckle “Oh come on it’s not like I haven’t ed fat girls before” Kai said

Mia rolled her eyes and left Kai there standing checking out Mia from behind.

At school Mia went into her class, everyone was silent. Mia gave a doctor note to the teacher, she read it and nodded her head “Please take a seat Mia” the teacher said.

Mia went and at sat down next to Baekhyun.