Baekhyun Worries

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Sixteen

 

Baekhyun POV

I stayed after school hoping I can drive Mia back to my place. Grandfather has been wanting to see her and talk more about each other family, which still baffled me why grandfather always enjoyed Mia presence.

I even went to the gym to look for Mia but she wasn’t there, not even her friends were there training. I started to get worried so I called my brother hoping he knew where Mia was.

“Stop worrying I gave the girls a day off” Baekbeom said and then just hanged up. I clutch my phone in my hand as I breathed heavily. Baekbeom has every excuse to be close with Mia, however I always have to make some excuse.

I decided to go home without Mia and talk to my grandfather. I just hope he will still be in great mood even without Mia here. I knocked on his door “Come in” grandfather said. I open the door and walk in and there is grandfather on the coach enjoying his cup of tea with rice cakes.

“Enjoying your afternoon” I asked making the old man chuckle.

“Where is Mia, I found some old video’s that we could enjoy” My grandfather said and I sighed.

“Baekbeom gave them a day off and drove Mia and her friend’s home” I said and looked down. Honestly I didn’t want to deal with a grumpy grandfather at the moment. “Why Mia, what is so great about her and her family” I asked my grandfather.

He took the remote and press play, on the screen I saw an old woman doing what Mia does. “I don’t understand” I told my grandfather.

“Before I married you grandmother inheriting the company I used to Coach Mia grandmother Josie. Mia and Josie are a lot alike, not only do they have the same dream but they look so much alike. Josie died earlier this year which made Mia accident happen. I was in love with Josie but are families were against it, so I was arrange to your grandmother. When I see Mia I see my first love Josie, I just want the best for her” My grandfather said and I finally understood everything.

“Grandfather I made a big mistake, I hurt Mia feelings. I don’t think she will ever accept me and Baekbeom wants her” I said and slumped down on the coach next to grandfather.

“Baekbeom is getting married to someone else, and boy show the kind sweet boy you are” Grandfather said trying to encourage me.

The next day I waited at the front gate waiting for Mia to come. I had bought her green tea latte and some sweets, however the bell rang and still no show of Mia. I headed to class and found six seats empty ‘where was Mia and her friends’ I thought.

I turn around to face Kyungsoo “Hey have your desk partner?” I asked

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder “I tried texting Kaylie and she is not answering, don’t you have Mia number?” Kyungsoo asked me making me blush.

No I did not have Mia number, I never thought about asking for her number. ‘Even if I were to ask she will probably give me some random number’ I thought. Through the whole class lecture all I could think about was Mia if she was alright or not. I started to get very anxious just thinking about if Mia eaten anything, did she over work her self-making her faint or something worse.

At lunch I was in the student council room with all my friends. Suho was going through Mia and her friends records “Here is the address” Suho said and handed me a piece of paper. I was almost out the door when Suho called for me “Baekhyun do you know who Mia family is?” I shook my head “She is number one on the richest family in Korea and making number 6th in the USA” Suho said making my mouth drop.

My family was only 3rd richest here in Korea, I never knew Mia came from high status. God no wonder she couldn’t go against her family, even I am scared to go against my parents or grandparents will. “Dude I really hope she doesn’t keep grudges” Chanyeol said making everyone node.

“Anyone want to go see some pretty girls” I asked the boys making Chanyeol jump off the table and out the door already.

I could see Kyungsoo blushing and nod, Kai takes out his phone and smiles “Yeah” Kai said. Suho also agreed and only Sehun was left. Sehun had this poker face on and just shrugged his shoulder and walk out the door.

At Mia address the boys didn’t know that she lived in a whole apartment building, it was at least 10 stories high. “Wow” is all they could say. I rang the doorbell and two minutes later and the Butler open the door.

“Ohh Baekhyun how may I help you this evening” The Butler said.

“Is Mia or her friend’s home?” I asked but the butler shook his head.

“Sorry the ladies went out with their coach and I don’t know when they would be back” Butler said. We said are goodbyes and headed off to Suho house.

“I’m going to try calling Lauren” Chanyeol said. He went from smiling to frowning in just a minute “It said the phone has no service” Chanyeol said with a frown.

Even Kyungsoo tried to call but still no answer “I’m getting a little worried” I said and the boys started to laugh.

“Maybe they are out in the country area” Suho said trying to calm me down.

For the whole weekend I kept passing by Mia’s home in the morning or afternoon. Yet she never did come back home, I started to panic thinking that she went back to America. On Monday morning once again I waited for her to show up to school but she was a no show. I started to crave for her smile and her simple laugh. I was falling for Mia without even me knowing.