Taking a Chance

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Thirty-Three

 

No One POV

Mia never left the hospital even after Kaylie yelled at her. Mia cared for her best friend and her wellbeing. After all Mia was there to help Kaylie when she was 13 years only and was going to do it again. Things got very scary for Mia as she saw her best friend seizer. That is when Mia knew it got serious and she was afraid of losing her own friend.

It was late at night and Kyungsoo was in Kaylie room holding her hand. Mia was sitting on a chair outside of Kaylie’s room looking at door. Baekhyun sees Mia and can’t help fall for her more. Baekhyun sits next to Mia and pushes her head so she is able to use his shoulder as a pillow. “Thanks” Mia whispered as she closed her eyes. Baekhyun lightly chuckles as he loves moments like this with Mia.

The next morning Mia snuggles and rubs her head into Baekhyun chest making Baekhyun tighten his grip around Mia. “Hey are you okay” Baekhyun asked, Mia stretches her arms and pulls away.

“Just sore from not sleeping on a comfort bed” Mia said, she then snap her knuckles, arms, neck and back.

It made Baekhyun cringe at the sound “Well sorry I’m not as comfortable as your” Baekhyun then pinched Mia cheek. Mia pulls her head to the side and tries to pinch Baekhyun. Nurses laughed as they say the young couple play with each other. Baekhyun grabs Mia wrist stopping her from trying tickle and pinch him. They look into each other eyes, Mia looks at Baekhyun’s lip. She was so tempted to kiss Baekhyun but was afraid to make the first move.

Mia knew she developed feelings for Baekhyun, and that she even confess her feelings towards Baekhyun. The only thing that was holding her back was Taeyeon, she had thought Baekhyun had moved on. But when she saw the evidence on Baekhyun phone and also when Taeyeon attach herself to Baekhyun like a kola bear; Mia didn’t know if Baekhyun was ready to be with her.

Mia questioned if Baekhyun ever saw her as an attracted woman or still the nerd girl who is broken both physically and emotionally. Mia knew Taeyeon has a y body with actual , on the other hand herself is only muscle with a flat chest. There was no way Baekhyun would think of Mia as an attractive woman, Mia thought.

Just as Mia and Baekhyun kept silent and look at each other awkwardly, Mia stomach growled making Baekhyun laugh and ask “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Coffee double double and cheese croissant” Mia said and peck Baekhyun cheek. Mia was going to start taking the first move, what did she had to lose. As Baekhyun went to get breakfast, Mia stood in front Kaylie door. Kyungsoo was already awake admiring Kaylie as he her cheek. “How is she doing?” Mia asked.

Kyungsoo looks at Mia and smiles “She slept peacefully throughout the night” Mia just nodded. “Look I’m going to be by her side, Kaylie is going to get better” Kyungsoo said. Mia did really hope things were going to get better and something like this doesn’t happen again. “Can you do me a favour, can you see if Kaylie has any journals at home” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah sure but I don’t really understand” Mia bit her lip.

“My sister wrote everything down in a journal. How much she ate, what she ate and even measured herself. I think if Kaylie has a journal like this it could help with her. Knowing that having a journal like my sister is wrong and by burning it is a step to recover” Kyungsoo said and Mia just agreed and left.

At home Mia went straight to Kaylie room and found 3 journals just like Kyungsoo describe. Mia brought them back to the hospital and gave it to Kyungsoo. When Mia looks back she saw Baekhyun holding her breakfast “Here” Baekhyun said.

Mia could feel her coffee is now cold “I’m sorry I went home to get Kaylie’s journals” Baekhyun didn’t really change facial expression. He was defiantly mad and worried “I’m sorry” Mia said as she holds Baekhyun’s hand. Mia gets close to Baekhyun and leans on his shoulder.

Baekhyun can’t stay mad at Mia, especially when she was willing to close to him. “I was worried when I came back and you were not here” Baekhyun looks down at Mia and rubs his thumb over Mia cheek. Baekhyun took the chance and kissed Mia on the lips. Mia let’s go of Baekhyun hand and slowly brings her arms around Baekhyun’s neck. Once they pull away Mia looks down trying to hide the redness in her cheeks.

“um-I. .. . sorry, I have practice to go to” Mia said and quickly ran down the hall. It took a minute for Baekhyun to realize what just happen and another minute to realize Mia left. Baekhyun looks down the hall and starts to run after Mia, once he reach outside Mia vehicle was already leaving the parking lot.

“” Baekhyun said as he made a fist. Baekhyun went to his car and headed straight home. At home Baekhyun ran to his grandfather study were his Grandfather and Grandfather Hill were still enjoying their breakfast.

“Ah Baekhyun nice to meet you, shouldn’t you be at school?” Grandfather Byun said. Baekhyun slightly smile and rub the back of his neck “Baekhyun what have you done at school to get yourself suspended again” Grandfather Byun shook his head as he was disappointed with Baekhyun again.

“Grandfather you have no faith in me” Baekhyun laughed and so did Grandfather Hill. “I wanted to get both of your approval, I want to purpose to Mia and make are engagement official” Baekhyun said making the two old men shock.

“Son you are only 17, you marry a later time” Grandfather Byun said but Baekhyun already made up his mind.

“I want to be engage not married at this moment. This will show Mia that I am loyal and that I love her. Plus this will give us the opportunity for us to be closer” Baekhyun said trying to convince his grandfather.

“Well I approve of this man already, and I think its great opportunity for Mia. After gymnastic they would be married right away, this will be good for Mia to engage or like have boyfriend. She never had a boyfriend and this will be good for her to experience.