Everyone's pain

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Thirty- Two

Kaylie POV

Everyone looked so worried about me, but I had everything under control. “Guys I am still eating, I’m not starving” I said and smiled.

Mia hold one of my hands, I see tears running down her cheek “A few bites is not the same eating a whole meal” Mia said

“You don’t eat full meals at lunch” I fought back.

“You don’t get Kaylie, I may not eat my whole lunch but after practice I finish my lunch and I eat my dinners instead of spending time at treadmill. Losing weight is not just about eating healthier choices. Kaylie we are gymnast we need muscle, by starving yourself you are losing your muscle. Sooner or later you won’t be able to hold yourself up on the uneven bars” Mia said.

I look at my friends and see them all getting teary “I’m fine” I try to reason with them.

“Dammit Kaylie if you don’t want to listen to me fine, but listen to your friends, they care about you” Kyungsoo shouted and just stormed out of the room.

He seem pretty upset, but I have everything under control. Jordan puts a picture in front of me which makes me burst out crying “You are starting a lot to look like Jenny, do you remember her? Do you remember what she wrote to you” Jordan shouted. I held my hand over my mouth as I saw a picture of my old best friend.

Jenny is her name and she was my best friend in gymnast club. Jenny was an all-around gymnast who got top scores. She was like a butterfly when it came to gymnastics. A beautiful gymnast who was adored by everyone. She took a great interest into me and I became the first one she mentor. However I picked up bad habits from Jenny. Like puking every meal I had so I could become skinnier just like Jenny. Everyone knew about Jenny problem even her mother.

I remember her mother said do anything you can to be on top. That even meant starving herself, which she became anorexic and died of a heart attack. At the time Jenny died, I replace her and I continue to starve myself to be just like her. To be the top gymnast loved by all. But then Jenny mom and my other friends came to my house one day. They told me how much I was out of control just like how Jenny was. The Jenny mom handed me letter, it was Jenny apologizing for teaching me all the wrong things.

From that day I went to therapy and got counseling. I gained weight and still was that power gymnast. Seeing her photo brought all these memories of Jenny and how she struggle every day “I’m sorry” I said as I sobbed into my hand.

Baekbeom comes in and he doesn’t look please at me at all. “Kaylie I’m sorry for doing this but you’re not allowed to come back until we have stopped you problem. I’m sorry Kaylie but you won’t be competing with us in the competition” Baekbeom said which was shattering me.

“Please Baekbeom I would do better, I need to go to this competition. This is the only one which will help us for qualifications for worlds” I begged. But Baekbeom just avoid eye contact with me “You should have paid more attention to me and the girls instead of Mia only. Just because you love her does not mean you have to make Mia the star” I shouted at Baekbeom making everyone look at me shock.

“Enough” Baekbeom said sternly “You will only come back when you have fully recovered” Baekbeom said as he then walked out.

I look at Mia and saw her biting her lip “Kaylie-“

“Don’t you say anything, you wanted to be the all-around gymnast. Congratulation you got it” I said and laid back down on the bed and wrapped myself in the bed sheets. I heard them leave but what I didn’t expect was for Kyungsoo to be by my side.

I turn to my side and I see Kyungsoo smiling “I talk to the doctor about your results they seem good” Kyungsoo said making me sit up.

“That means I can go back to practice gymnastic!” I asked excitedly but Kyungsoo frowned meaning it was not happening

“Kaylie it could have been a lot worse, you could have had a heart attack” Kyungsoo said which I knew all about.

“I know my friend had one and she died” I told him the truth.

“My sister died of being anorexic, she was a ballerina dancer and she did of a seizer during the night” Kyungsoo told me. I was speechless she was almost like me “Look I can’t see someone I care about disappear again” Kyungsoo said as he held my hand.

“It’s hard Kyungsoo, I tried eating but it will only make me nauseous” I told him.

“I know how to help, after my sister died I wanted to know why and how I could have help her. We can do this together” Kyungsoo said, he then kiss my cheek “Please” Kyungsoo pleaded

I nodded “Alright together” I said. The room was silent for a long time as we just awkwardly smile and stared at each other.

 I yawned “Sleep, I will be here” Kyungsoo said. I laid back down and fell asleep as Kyungsoo held my hand. Though in my dreams I had saw Jenny, it was like if I was reliving the same nightmare over again. My body started to shake vigorously, I can hear Kyungsoo calling for help but I only saw Jenny on the uneven beam collapsing as she too went into seizer.

“Come back” I called out for Jenny. I feel something poking my arm as I slowly relax, my vision comes back. All I see is Kyungsoo crying face and the doctor expecting me. I wear a mask while the nurse place an IV into me and hooks me up to 3 different bags. “Sorry” is all could say. That moment really did scare me as I felt like I almost lost everything.

I turn my head and I see Mia standing at the door with red eyes. I wonder if she ever left the hospital, she look almost afraid to come into the room. The nurse take a blood bag and hooks me up to it “It will be alright” I herd the nurse saw. My hands still had this tingling feeling, that moment I was terrified and I need my best friend.