Kaylie's Problem

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Thirty-One

 

No One POV

In the morning the girls sat around the dinner table. Mia asked to Butler Jang to make a huge breakfast with a lot of variety. The girls watch as Kaylie a couple spoonful of the fruit salad. “Well she at this time, last time she wouldn’t even be near food at all” Payson said and the girls nodded.

The girls headed to school and went straight to practice in the gym. Baekbeom helped the girls out on what they need to improve on. “So I thought going to Korea national competition would be great for us to go to. It will be good practice before tryouts for worlds” Baekbeom.

The girls had now a greater stress as they will be competing not only for Baekbeom reputation but also theirs. There has some bad talk about the girls training in Korea instead of America. This competition is going to show that they are the top gymnast here in South Korea.

At lunch the time the girls decide to eat in the gym and go straight to practice. However Chanyeol did not like the idea her couldn’t see his girlfriend at lunch. So he decided to buy lunch for all the girls and eat with them. However his friends joined him. Baekhyun wanted to be Mia proving that Mia is all he cares about. Kai is trying to get close to Jordan once again, but Jordan seems out of it when Kai is around. Sehun has gone missing as usual and Suho likes to get studying advice from Payson. Kyungsoo worries about Kaylie has she reminds him of his older sister.

Kyungsoo watched as Kaylie once again wrapped up more than half of her meal. She’d only taken a few bites of it and claimed that it was enough. It was like this every day. Kaylie was getting to skinny and it was like he was watching her disappear before him and he couldn’t do anything about it. It was wearing on Kyungsoo’s last nerve. A decent meal couldn’t hurt, maybe if he made something for her, she’d eat it. But every time Kyungsoo made something for Kaylie she would either throw it out or give it someone else.

After lunch the girls went back to practicing and the guys decided to stay and watch. Kyungsoo watch Kaylie as she practiced, all the while he wondering exactly what he could make that would satisfy Kaylie to eat and take of herself.

Kaylie was just standing there at the moment with Payson as they watched Lauren on the floor. There was a lot of flipping and bending which looked really cool, but Kyungsoo was distracted watching Kaylie.

Kaylie stepped up near the beam and took the running start. She did a Round-off, full twisting back salto onto Beam and landed perfectly. Kyungsoo clapped along with the other guys. She looked moderately pleased with herself, ponytail switching behind her head as she took a step and did a flick with her hands. Nobody else seemed to notice the slight misstep as she got into place. Kyungsoo did notice hands becoming a little shaky. Has Kaylie raise her arms ready to do free aerial walkover forward to feet. It looked good, but then she landed. The landing itself was fine… but then she was unbalance. He eyes roll back to her head as she collapse.

“Kaylie!” Mia shouted, the girls stopped what they were doing and rushed over to her. Kyungsoo practically threw himself next to Kyungsoo as he catches Kaylie in his arms.

“What happened?” Payson asked as she sees Kaylie in Kyungsoo arms.

Kaylie was breathing heavily and slowly she started to wake up. When she finally open her eyes she see herself in Kyungsoo arms

“You fainted” Jordan said.

“I… what?” Kaylie said

“You fainted.” Mia said in a stern

“I called the hospital,” Baekbeom walked up, looking concerned.

“What? Why?” Kaylie looked panicked.

“Because you passed out.” Kyungsoo shouted at Kaylie

“That’s normal!” Kaylie shouted back. Kyungsoo grabs Kaylie shoulders and looks at her with puppy eyes.

“No, Kaylie, it’s not,” Baekbeom shook his head, “You’re going to get checked out. If it’s really nothing than you’ll be back, maybe even late tonight, to practice. Ok?” Baekbeom said making Kaylie roll her eyes. Not that she had much of a choice. The paramedics showed up and took Kaylie to the hospital. The girls offered to go with her but she vehemently refused. Kyungsoo slipped away in the confusion and jumped in the back of the ambulance just as they were closing the doors.

“What are you doing here?” Kaylie asked as the paramedic did his thing.

“I’m coming.” Kyungsoo said as he tried to hold Kaylie hand.

“No you’re not.” Kaylie pulls her hand away and cross her arms. However the ambulance started to move and it was too late for Kyungsoo to leave.

“Too late,” Kyungsoo smirked a little.

“Ugh,” Kaylie wasn’t happy. At the hospital, several tests were done on her and it was quite a while before it was just the two of them in a room. She’d clammed up, only revealing what was absolutely necessary. Kyungsoo had been the one to tell them that she didn’t eat right. That had earned him a death glare that rivaled Sehun’s.

“You had no right,” Kaylie shouted at Kyungsoo.

“What? Telling them that you’re starving yourself?” Kyungsoo question Kaylie. He couldn’t believe how stubborn Kaylie was being.

“It’s my business.” Kaylie turns her head to the side

“It’s everybody’s business when you collapse on the floor. You have to eat more. Remember you’re not the only one suffering” Kyungsoo started to get teary as he remembered his sister

“I eat just fine,” she went all out defensive.

“Three bites at lunch is not enough food for a whole day… not with what you do. What are you so afraid of?”

“I have to be light!” she flipped out, “The lighter I am, and the easier it is for me to do what I have to!” Kaylie said as she too started to cry.

“I could blow on you and you’d fall over,” he deadpanned, “There’s light and then there’s walking death. It won’t kill you to eat more… even if it’s just to equal out the calories you use up in practice.”

“You don’t get it how gymnastics works. Why does it matter so much to you?”  Kaylie wiped away her tears as she didn’t want to talk about it anymore. She wanted to be back in the gym and practice even more. Kyungsoo thought about Kaylie words and he made a conclusion that it was because… he… liked her.

“I don’t want to see you get hurt. You fell today and I…” he looked down at the fingers that had twisted around themselves till it was painful… only he didn’t feel it, “I couldn’t help you. I feel helpless and I don’t like it. My sister went through the exact same thing as you, I just watch here literally disappear” Kyungsoo said.  

Kaylie just thought about her mentor who she lost when she was 13 years old “I changed” Kaylie said. The girls walked in and they all had worried expression “You haven’t change Kaylie, your back to your ways” Mia said making it felt like Kaylie got punch in the stomach.