Mia's Day

Live Fast, Die Young, Be Wild. . . and Have Fun (Semi-Hiatus)

Chapter Twenty- Eight

 

Mia POV

It was around lunch time when I went to go see Baekhyun. He didn’t answer his text messages or the phone calls. I really wanted to know why he was mad and why he was ignoring me. I was surprise when I saw Baekbeom open the door. “Hey Mia what are you doing here?” Baekbeom asked me.

“Uhh is Baekhyun home, he told me he was going to take a couple days off school to be with me” I said. Baekbeom invites me in and takes me to the couch “Sorry Baekhyun went to school” Baekbeom said and I nodded.

‘So Baekhyun lied to me that he wanted to spend time with me . . . great’ I thought. I cleared my throat “I should go back home then” I said and got up from the couch.

“Stay let me get you something to drink” Baekbeom said and headed off to the kitchen. I just sat looking around at all the beautiful furnishing, it gave me the chills. It reminded me so much of my parents’ house. 5 minutes later Baekhyun comes back with a hot tea pot “I got camel tea, its suppose to help relax the body” Baekbeom said as he poured me a cup.

“You grandfather is here if you want to go see him” Baekbeom said making me a bit surprised.

I knew that grandfather Byun was in love with grandmother but I didn’t know my grandfather and him were best friends. I went to Grandfather Byun study room and see them laughing. I decide not to disturb them, as I slowly walk out of the room.

My stomach growled and I saw Baekbeom smiling “Can I have some cookies with that tea” I said. We then both headed down to the kitchen. Baekbeom started to pull out a punch of stuff from the fridge “All I needed is cookies” I said with a slight chuckle.

“Naw. . . Its lunch time, you need a proper meal. How does kimchi-jjigae sound?” Baekbeom said. I my lips and nodded. Within 20 minutes Baekbeom was done and poured him and I a bowl. I stuffed my face even though it was still boiling hot. I open my mouth and waved air into it to cool it down.

“Hot” I said with food in mouth. Baekbeom laughed, I finally swallowed “This is really delicious, I didn’t know that you can cook” I said as I took another huge spoonful.

“There is a lot of thing you don’t know about me” Baekbeom said, he then blow air onto my spoon cooling the food down. It was a little awkward since I knew Baekbeom had some feeling for me, but he will soon be a married man.

“So I have been getting better landing this new trick on uneven bars” I said hoping to change the conversation about work instead of personal life.

“Do you love Baekhyun” Baekbeom asked out of the blue. I immediately turn my face to the side to hide me blushing. “Mia” Baekbeom grabs my chin to look at him “He doesn’t love you, so don’t fall for him” Baekbeom said making me really confuse.

“He cares for me, so wouldn’t that means he at least likes me. I know it’s a little too early to say love” I said trying defend my feeling and Baekhyun’s.

“He only cares because are grandfather and our parents told him to do. If not he would cut off from all inheritance” Baekbeom said making my heart ached. However I somehow didn’t believe it was true. For the past couple days I felt it was more than just caring for me. If Baekbeom asked me that a couple weeks ago I would have believed him.

I shook my head not believing him. Baekbeom pulls me upstairs into Baekhyuns room “What is this going to prove” I asked him as I crossed my arms

Baekbeom takes a picture frame and shows it to me. It was Baekhyun and Taeyeon kissing each other, I knew they had history together. I just didn’t expect he would still keep these, I thought he change his ways and didn’t meet with Taeyeon. ‘Why’ Is all thought. Baekbeom takes out a phone and hands it to me. I open it and see Taeyeon as the background image, I see my text message and my phones calls still unread. The thing is here was twice as many from Taeyeon. ‘They must be still communicating with each other’ I said to myself.

“See Baekhyun doesn’t love you and you shouldn’t love him” Baekbeom said.
It hurt as hell as I remember all the sweet words Baekhyun said to me. Was it all lies? I had to know, I had seen Baekhyun at this moment. I felt like my world was coming to crumble, the one person who can save me from darkness and my worst nightmare is shattering me like a mirror. “I need to see Baekhyun” I said heading out the door. I was pulled back and the next thing I knew Baekbeom lips her on mine.

I place my hands on his chest trying to push him off of me, but his grip on my arms were strong. Everything about this kiss felt wrong, it didn’t feel right at all. I close my trying to think a way out, when I open my eyes Baekbeom was tackle to the ground.

“BAEKHYUN!” I shouted. Baekhyun ignores me and continues to punch his brother in the face. With Baekbeom pushing and me pulling, we were able to get Baekhyun off of Baekbeom.

Baekhyun pushes me to the ground “Don’t you dare touch me” Baekhyun shouted and left the room. I run after Baekhyun and tug on his sleeve.

“Baekhyun” I called. Baekhyun looks back at me and I could see him crying. I was so confuse why Baekhyun would cry if he loves Taeyeon. Why would it matter if Baekbeom kiss me, it was not like Baekhyun cared for me. It was all an act, wasn’t it?

“Why would you kiss my brother? Your coach? Dammit Mia he has a fiancé that he will be marrying in couple weeks. Did you want him instead of me? Is that what you told the guidance counselor?” Baekhyun said and all I could to is shake my head.

“No I told her I might be in love with you. But it doesn’t matter any way because you were just acting to get your inheritance. Oh by the way Taeyeon keeps messaging you” I said and threw the phone at Baekhyun. I walked out of the door and headed back home, my phone kept buzzing but I just ignored it because I was driving.