Final Decision 2

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

The Christmas party had been a successful one, though some are left thinking they might have broken a bone or two. Jongin, in particular, could barely keep himself upright without feeling like he's about to drop-and-roll anytime soon. He's leaning against Chanyeol, telling the giant how great the performance was, and for a moment, everyone believes that Jongin is alright.

 

For a moment, he's happy.

 

But then he goes into a semi-distant state again, and the atmosphere becomes gloomy - dark clouds hanging over their heads. No one utters a single word, some keeping their head down because it had been a tiring day, while others stare at Jongin. They stare at Chanyeol and the frown lines on his forehead. The lanky male rarely ever frowns, but he's been quite upset lately. Baekhyun laces his fingers with Chanyeol, trying to liven up the mood.

 

But Jongin's there. And he's crying.

 

____________________

 

When New Year eventually comes, all the boys pitch in a few nights at the beta house. No one goes home to see their parents that year, because soon they're all be starting their last year of college (or university) together, and most of them don't want to miss first day of classes. All 11 men crowd the living room, passing chips and candies, and it feels like Halloween again with the amount of treats being tossed around.

 

Minseok prepares some blended juice, then he's all over Jongdae on the couch, claiming territory, while the guys move out of the way to leer at them. Luhan and Sehun are bundled up in thick sweaters, sitting in a corner just whispering secrets to each other. It's way too cold outside, and since both boys have low tolerance for cold weather, they're just huddled as close to each other as possible. Winter this year it seems is much colder than last year's.

 

"Hey guys, anyone up for oldies?" Kris asks, showing them his collection of 90s music. "I've got some MC Hammer ."

 

"With the amount of touching going on right now, I don't think MC Hammer suits the atmosphere." Jongdae snickers, and Minseok visibly blushes at the remark.

 

"Maybe some R&B tracks to tune up the mood a little?" Chanyeol suggests this time. He's cuddling Baekhyun's waist from the back, while the shorter male sits on his lap. It's probably not the best New Year so far, since Kyungsoo's not there to join them, but at least he's got Baekhyun, and the majority of them are happy (all except one, really).

 

Kris doesn't wait for anyone else to reply before he's popping one of his favourite Korean R&B tracks into the laptop. It's a good thing that Chanyeol brought it up anyway. R&B has always been everyone's get-to music whenever they're feeling down; or at least, in the alpha house. No one's sure what kind of music that the beta house listens to, because it's all mixed up with classical pieces and modern rendition.

 

"Hey, isn't that..." Baekhyun starts, eyes growing wide when he realizes that the first song is actually a recorded live performance from one of their band's gigs. "Oh my god, it's been ages since we played in a band! When did you guys record this?"

 

"Oh shoot, I put in the wrong CD. I recorded it a few months back, when you guys were playing in that bar. I forgot the name of the place though."

 

"Wait, you guys were there?!" Joonmyeon asks, surprised.

 

"We were in the back, and it was too dark for anyone to see us. So yeah..." Yixing answers, his boyfriend's cheek.

 

"Man... I don't know whether to regard that as one of our worst or best performances so far, but Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were mostly angry at everything, and everyone else is just trying to match up to them." Jongdae remarks. "Those were good times. Good times..." he trails off a second later, as everyone in the beta dorm begins to reminisce over it.

 

"Can't believe it's been a year already... it's feels like yesterday we were all sworn enemies... going after each other's throats." Luhan mutters quietly, eyes never leaving Sehun.

 

"A lot of things happened" Sehun adds. "Some good, some bad..." He couldn't help looking at Jongin in a pitiful manner after saying this. Jongin isn't even paying attention. He's just thumbing through the messages on his phone.'

 

"I wonder... if Kyungsoo could make it back in time before the first day of class." Baekhyun says, before snuggling deeper into his boyfriend's arms. 

 

The New Year passes by peacefully that night, no one bothered to light up any fireworks that year. it wouldn't be the same without Kyungsoo anyway. When the first day of classes eventually roll in, everyone is busy up to their knees once more; the beta frat having more lectures that'll last until late night, while the alpha frat has to prepare for an upcoming Spring Basketball Tournament organized by a neighbouring campus. 

 

The couples barely have time to see each other, but they try hard to make time. 

 

It's only around the second week when a surprise turns up on the beta frat doorstep. It's a Sunday that day, and most of the boys are at home, mingling around with their respective other; the alpha having turned up much earlier for breakfast. The only ones missing are Jongin and Sehun because the both of them have to send in their application to the main office for the tournament.

 

"Kyungsoo?!" Jongdae yells out, eyes turning wide when he sees the person standing outside the door.

 

Kyungsoo has a haughty grin on his face. "In the flesh."

 

Seconds later, all his other dormmates starts crowding the entrance, effectively pushing Jongdae away to get a good look. Luhan flies out to give Kyungsoo a big fat kiss on the cheeks, before getting hauled off by Baekhyun who throws both arms around the smaller male's neck, sobbing into his shoulder. "You are sooooo in trouble, mister!" He says between sobbing hiccups.

 

Kyungsoo simply hugs him back, smiling at all the others standing around them. 

 

"Care telling us where you were for the past two months, little squish?" Minseok asks, pulling Baekhyun away to let Kyungsoo breathe.

 

"I've been backpacking around America. It started from New York, but I couldn't help venture further. It was really supposed to be only a week's trip, but uh... I guess I got carried away."

 

"Heck yeah you did. We were all worried sick about you! The fact that you didn't even bother to give us a call, not even ONCE, for that whole two months... you little prick." Jongdae pouts, but he's just glad to see Kyungsoo home again.

 

"Sorry... I guess I was to caught up with everything there. It's my first time being out of Korea and well... I got a little lost for the first two weeks. Didn't know what the hell was going on because I couldn't speak proper English. Anyway, I got it all sorted out after that."
 

"And then you forgot about us?" Joonmyeon glares back, obviously still upset over the fact that Kyungsoo didn't inform him the first time. 

 

"I'm sorry, guys. Really."

 

"How did you manage to get back then?"

 

"Found a friend there who helped me. He's a korean raised in America who actually speaks good Korean and English, and he helped me out for a week, teaching me how to read certain words in English. He even booked a flight back for me. The only trouble I faced was how to head over to the airport, but he helped me out on that too."

 

"Sounds like a good guy." Minseok says.

 

The blush on Kyungsoo's face appears to suggest that there's more than meets the eye. "What were you doing with him for a week, Soo? Besides being all friendly with each other." Luhan asks, grinning coyly.

 

Kyungsoo looks at all the faces around him; some are amused, especially the alpha frat guys, while his own dormmates are just happy and relieved to have him home. He doesn't see Jongin though and he finds this odd. "Where's Jongin though?" He asks instead, avoiding the subject. The truth is that he's been a bit too friendly with his new friend from America, but it's all in the past. He might not even see that guy anymore so there's no point talking about it.

 

"Don't avoid the subject, you little . Tell us what happened." Joonmyeon insists.

 

"I just got a bit too friendly with him alright. I won't see him anymore, so can we just drop it? Anyway, could anyone care to tell me where Jongin is? I need to see him."

 

"He's at the main office, sending in his application for the basketball game this spring." Kris answers, ruffling Kyungsoo's hair. "Anyway, it's good to see you again, Kyungsoo. You really turned Jongin into a useless deadweight for the past two months, so I'd appreciate it if you could bring him back to life."

 

Kyungsoo simply swats his hand away, fixing his hair. "I'll go look for him."

 

"Don't bother, Soo. He's here." 

 

When Kyungso turns around, he sees a shell-shocked Jongin standing before his eyes, Baekhyun could tell that the both of them would need some time to be alone, so he drags Chanyeol away, and the rest follow suit. They enter the beta frat house once more, closing the door quietly until there's only Jongin and Kyungsoo standing outside alone.

 

Just the two of them.

 

Jongin's the one who moved from his spot first, pulling Kyungsoo into his arms as tears start spilling from his eyes. He realizes how real this is when Kyungsoo pulls back first to plant a kiss on his lips, cupping his face ever so gently. "I'm sorry for not telling you, Jongin. I'm so sorry."

 

"It's fine, you're here now. It's fine." They kiss again, more deeply this time. Jongin doesn't want to remember how painful it had been for the past two months. He doesn't want Kyungsoo to leave him again, so he refrains from belting out all his pent up frustration on the boy. Right now, all he needs is to feel Kyungsoo's body pressed up against his, to kiss his lips and hold him close.

 

He wants to make sure that Kyungsoo is here to stay forever. "Please don't leave me again, Soo. I know I've been the worst boyfriend in the world for cheating on you. I know it's something that you could never forgive me for. I understand that now. I've been trying so hard to get you back, but I wasn't considering how you would feel about this. I can't change what I did in the past, but I assure you, I want to be better. You're the only one who could make me into a better person. Losing you was like an arrow through my heart. So please... don't leave me anymore."

 

The last part had been a desperate plea to the older male. Kyungsoo swipes away the tears on his cheeks with a thumb, nodding his head slowly to assure Jongin that he's here to stay. There's also a small smile on Kyungsoo's face when Jongin couldn't control the snot running down his nose. "I thought I look ugly when I cry, but man... you're worse."

 

"Prick." Jongin chuckles back, before kissing Kyungsoo again. Snot or no snot. "I love you, Do Kyungsoo. I'm gonna repeat that for the next 100 years of my life, every single chance I have, till the day I die."

 

"Sounds like a very long time. Are you sure you could keep to that? What if I start growing wrinkles on my face? Could you still love me then?" He's not saying this because he's doubting this. That fact has been made clear during his travels in America. The cheating may have made him wary of relationships, but he also knows that Jongin is not someone he could live without in the future. He doesn't want to regret looking back one day and realize that he wanted to be with the younger male all along. Kyungsoo realizes that he's more afraid of regret than rejection. 

 

Jongin gives him a dubious look, but there's no hesitation in his eyes when he firmly says, "Yes, I would. You won't believe me now, but you'll see. I think I can see some wrinkles growing on your forehead now." He bluntly leans down to kiss Kyungsoo's forehead after that. "Did you age ten years while you were in America?"

 

" you, Jongin. I look the same." Kyungsoo pouts. "And I love you too, you idiot. Now, carry my bags inside. I want to give your sister a call to thank her."

 

Jongin could officially say that missing Kyungsoo for those past two months had made him think about how important his actions would reflect upon those around him. He doesn't act all arrogant and cocky anymore. In fact, the title he used to carry around campus has officially been stripped off from his name. He's just regular Kim Jongin now, albeit still a rich son of a business tycoon. No longer is he the god on campus, or the leader of alpha frat. No longer is he afraid of people judging him for who he is. 

 

One year past the mark of them being together officially again, Jongin takes Kyungsoo on a trip to America. They go together this time, to celebrate their final year of university before they begin life outside campus. Kyungsoo received a job offer in a small private law firm in the city, while Jongin pursues a career in the music industry as a top choreographer. They chip in to get an apartment nearby their workplace, though most of the contribution is from Jongin.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun decide to backpack around the world together before settling down somewhere, whereas Jongdae and Minseok open an instrument store together. Minseok helps to teach children during the day while Jongdae manages the sales. Luhan and Sehun disappear after graduation, and no matter how much Kyungsoo pesters Luhan to tell him what the two had been up to, Luhan keeps his lips sealed. Then there's Kris, Yixing, Tao, and Joonmyeon. Each of them found a job somewhere; Kris working for his dad, while Tao helps him out occasionally. Yixing and Joonmyeon are just happy as they are, despite having jobs that don't really pay so well. They're both interns in the same company, hoping to start small together and work their way up the ladder.

 

As for Kyungsoo, at least he will never live his life regretting the past anymore.  

 

__________________________

END.

 

Like, seriously. sorry this took soooooo damn long.