Kris's Plan

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Sorry this took so long. I'm going to divide this chapter into two parts. Because the whole thing is bloody long. Sorry for any errors, lovelies. I speed-wrote this.

 

_____________________

 

After an extensive meeting to interpret, analyze, and dissect Jongin's words into a more reasonable punishment plan, ten boys are now hunched over a coffee table in one of the student lounges on campus. They couldn't meet up in any of their frat houses, afraid to have Kyungsoo or Jongin suddenly walking in on them. And since both boys are rarely around this side of campus, this has become their sort-of-headquarter. There aren't many people who would use it either, considering the cramped space. The room is basically useless, save for a coffee table in the middle with three couches around it, a flourescent beam hanging overhead and an empty bookshelf arranged at the side. Oh, and the flower pot. One could not miss the wilting plant placed near the only window in the room.

 

Joonmyeon is in charge of writing down their discussion that day, and so far, Kris's suggestion totally tops the list.

 

It's badass with a pinch of pain and sass thrown in between, and definitely something both Jongin and Kyungsoo could handle without hurting themselves. No one in campus actually knows the kind of life Kris used to lead before he enters college. And it's not something he likes to talk about anyway, because that life leads him nowhere, a pathway through thorns since it involves hurting a lot of people for the sake of reputation and money.

 

His father basically owns one of the biggest underground societies in China---sort of like the 'yakuza' of China---dealing with things that would definitely be considered illegal under broad daylight, especially when drugs and ions are the main reasons why Kris could afford to put food on his table. He doesn't tell anyone about this except Yixing and Tao, of course; worried what other people would think of him. Worried about putting another person's life in danger unnecessarily.

 

Till this day, he knows that people who held grudges against his father are still tracking for his whereabouts, knowing how much the old man dotes on his only son. But Kris has always been good at hiding, and what better place to hide than in one of the best universities in Seoul. It's genius, he proudly admits, no two ways about it.

 

He agrees to use a few of his father's men as a tool in his plan. And they're someone he could trust too, because he grew up with them all his life; men in black suits who carried weapons for a living, and spat on s who couldn't pay their debts. And those men are still as loyal as they used to be, almost treating him like their own son, really.

 

"I'm worried for them." Luhan says, furrowing his eyebrows. "Someone's still gonna get hurt."

 

"Kris-hyung just said his men will be gentle with Kyungsoo." Chanyeol points out.

 

"I'm not worried about Kyungsoo. I'm worried about those men. I don't want them to come after us if Kyungsoo ends up kicking their ."

 

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Minseok suddenly look worried too. "Yeah, your men would have to strap him down to a chair or something, with metal chains. And make sure to keep an eye on him every second. Kyungsoo may not have strength, but he's got enough brain power up there to escape the toughest prison. He knows a lot of useful techniques to help him."

 

"He learned a bit of ninjutsu back in high school, so I might suggest minimising physical contact as much as possible, unless you don't mind losing one or two men in the process." Baekhyun adds in, and the alpha guys are aghast to hear this.

 

"What the is he? An assassin or something?" Sehun asks, mouth agape.

 

"Yeeee----ah, no. No, not quite. He's not an assassin, but that boy has a large brain capacity. And I'm not surprised if he could remember certain areas on your body that would only need a slight touch of force before you drop dead in a matter of seconds. Like those kungfu movies I love to watch. Just saying." Jongdae replies, suppressing the urge to laugh when he sees the faces staring back at him. "Minseokkie-hyung, are you recording this ?"

 

"You bet I am." Minseok chirps, successfully capturing the blank poker look on Sehun's face, and the horrified look on Chanyeol's face. Tao seems amused, maybe because he finally found someone whom he could practice sparring with. Yixing is being teased by Joonmyeon, and the camera subsequently caught the slight blush on his face when Yixing smiles back, a small cute dimple forming on his cheek. Kris is probably pondering on something deep, because his face bores a serious mask. "I'm jealous though." Minseok says once he's done.

 

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "What?"

 

"They still look so good on camera eventhough their expressions are ugly. Especially Sehun. I hate you."

 

"I used to be an ulzzang, so cameras are like my second best friend." The youngest replies, all smiles now.

 

"And who's your first?"

 

"Luhan."

 

Smooth move there, Oh Sehun.

 

Kris has a smirk on his face when he says, "Oh really? I'll tell Jongin on you."

 

_______________________

 

Right after their secret meeting, Luhan, Minseok, Sehun, and Jongdae leave for some last-minute grocery shopping. It's already noon by then, and Kyungsoo would throw a fit if he comes home to find the fridge void of any ingredients to make lunch. Kris and Tao disappear off without telling anyone where they'll be going, but the boys have an inkling of where they might be, and no one wants to get in the way.

 

Joonmyeon asks Yixing to accompany him to the library, much to the latter's surprise, but he follows nonetheless. Baekhyun and Chanyeol watch them leave quietly, being the last two people left in the room. Then  the giant turns to his lover and suddenly asks, "How are you feeling, Baekkie?"

 

He seems nervous, instantly arousing suspicion from the older male. "Why do you ask?"

 

"Uh...well, because...you know, last night. You don't remember what happened?"

 

"No, Channie. I don't. Mind explaining to me everything? I just remembered waking up this morning with a terrible hangover and blood oozing out from my ."

 

Shock is evident on Chanyeol's face for a split second before Baekhyun is suddenly pulled into his lover's lap. "Does it still hurt? Do you want me to rub your back? Would you prefer a massage? Should we go see a doctor?" He asks in panic frenzy. Baekhyun could only blink at his boyfriend's sudden panic attack. Realization soon dawns on him when he connects the two pieces of puzzle together; why Chanyeol is acting like this and his sore .

 

"We had , didn't we?" He mutters out softly, almost in a whisper.

 

And the guilt on Chanyeol's face basically says it all. "I thought you wanted it. I'm so sorry for hurting you, baby. It's just that you wanted it, and I---you said you love me and I thought it was okay, and you said it'll be fine, and you pulledmedowneverytimeitriedgettingup..." Chanyeol trails off at the end, looking as if he's about to cry.

 

Baekhyun thinks it's adorable, really. "Shh....it's okay, dimwit. I'm not angry at you. Was I feisty?"

 

Chanyeol purses his lips into a thin smile. "Yeah, you almost topped me last night."

 

"You should have let me go all the way." Baekhyun wraps his arms around his lover's neck and brushes their lips together. It's a short but sweet kiss, to assure Chanyeol that he's fine with everything. It's just a good thing Baekhyun had already lost his ity way before this happened, so really, it's fine.

 

"No way." Chanyeol says, breaking the kiss. "i can't take care of you if my is sore."

 

"Then kiss my pain away."

 

And Chanyeol actually does so, much to the latter's surprise. They're just lucky no one suddenly barged in during those five minutes of pure bliss.

 

_____________________

 

Two days later, Kyungsoo suddenly receives a call from Kris. Odd, he thinks. What would Kris want with him? If it's about Jongin, then to hell with him. He's not going to forgive his ex-boyfriend based on heartfelt influence, eventhough the thought of Kris pleading at his feet is highly amusing.

 

"Hey Kyungsoo, mind meeting me for a drink today?"

 

"Mind telling me why?" Kyungsoo questions back.

 

"Mind saying yes first? I assure you, no illwill shall result from this."

 

"I don't trust you, but whatever. It's not like I have anything to lose. No promises that I'll be punctual though."

 

"I'm fine with that. No bringing a friend along. I want to see you alone."

 

"You're making this sound very suspicious right now. What are you planning here, Wu Yifan?"

 

:"I don't know...a date maybe?" His voice is deep and hoarse as he says it. And Kyungsoo shivers at the effect it causes him. He wonders how many women had fallen for Kris's voice.

 

Hesitantly, he agrees to the older male's so-called 'date'. Not because he likes Kris. Heck, he wouldn't fall for Kris even if they're the last two humans on earth. And he's not doing it because he's trying to get back on Jongin for anything. But he does miss his ex-boyfriend, and maybe spending an hour with Kris would tell him something about Jongin. Like whether he's been sleeping around with anyone after their break-up, or whether he's eating his meals on time....or whether Jongin's been thinking about him.

 

It kills him for not knowing the after-effect of their break-up.

 

"Sure. But it's not a date. We're out for a drink."

 

"On a date."

 

"Not a date." Kyungsoo insists. There is no way in hell he would EVER date Kris. Even though the Chinese male is the very definition of a Greek God on campus.

 

"Fine. Not a date then. I'll fetch you. Tonight, in front of the entrance. Can you try for a look that's a little less nerdy?"

 

Kyungsoo has already ended the call by then, vowing to make this their first AND last meeting.

 

___________________________

 

Kris gets ready for his 'date' two hours earlier, hoping to be there first before Kyungsoo turns up. He's supposed to be fetching the beta boy in front of the campus entrance, and being the better gentleman, it's only natural for him to arrive first.

 

Unfortunately, his manly pride becomes deeply bruised when Kyungsoo ends up being there first, eventhough having expressed his lack of punctuality earlier. "You lied." Kris mumbles out the moment Kyungsoo steps into the passenger seat.

 

"Someone had to be the . And I'm not it." The younger male shrugs. He sees the deadpan look on Kris's face and his heart rejoices a little.

 

"Well, let's get going then." Kris doesn't wait for the younger male to fix his seatbelt before he drives off.

 

He doesn't tell Kyungsoo that Jongin is actually watching them from afar. He doesn't even feel sorry for alerting Jongin of this so-called 'date' with Kyungsoo, and purposely lets the dancer decide what to do about it. Of course Jongin would secretly tag along to see if his friend's  words were true, and his heart does a constricted twist when he sees Kris's car approaching his ex-boyfriend before Kyungsoo gets into it a moment later.

 

Did they break-up because of this? Is Kyungsoo secretly dating Kris? He immediately halts a passing cab and tells the driver to follow the car in front. It's time to sort this out once and for all.

 

_________________________

 

Several miles away, in an abandoned factory belonging to Kris's father, Tao and several men are waiting for a signal: a call from Kris that would tell them when to start their part. It's not supposed to be a big thing, honestly. No one's supposed to get hurt, but Tao makes sure that the men are fully covered from their head to their toes. No one could risk Kyungsoo and Jongin seeing their faces, in fear of what could result from it.

 

While Kris takes Kyungsoo out on a not-so-heartfelt date, Jongin presses along closely, keeping an eye on them the entire time. Kris notices this, of course, but he allows himself the pleasure of making Jongin's blood boil until he makes the call.

 

6pm eventually looms closer, and it's time to commence with the plan. He suddenly excuses himself to use the toilet in a random restaurant nearby, just as they were about to return home, and when he's sure no one would be there to spy on him---especially Jongin---he utilises that short amount of time to inform Joonmyeon and Chanyeol about the plan first before calling Tao. And then it's a matter of time before a van stops in front of Kris's car, and drags Kyungsoo out without a hitch.

 

Jongin's heart literally stops when he sees the whole kidnapping scene happening in front of his eyes. He comes out from his hiding place and instead of waiting for Kris to return, immediately hails a cab to follow the van. Please don't hurt him. Please don't hurt him. He tells himself continuously, hoping and praying for Kyungsoo's safety until the cab comes to a screeching stop in front of a dilapidated factory half an hour later.

 

"I can't go further unless you want them to notice you." The driver says. "Do you want me to call the cops for you?"

 

"Please do." Jongin says in a hurry, thanking the cab driver before depositing a large sum of money in his hands. He doesn't bother to wait for the change before he rushes out, quickly finding a way in through the back.

 

His mind is reeling with worries for the older boy, and for some reason, he's not angry anymore. He just wants Kyungsoo to be safe. No matter what, just be safe. Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, where the are you?!

 

__________________________

 

Upon Luhan's request, a holey sack is wrapped around Kyungsoo's head so that he couldn't see his kidnappers. Tao stands watch in a room upstairs, giving orders through an earpiece. He doesn't want to be there when Jongin finally emerges, if Jongin emerges. No one could be sure actually.

 

While Jongin finds a way to get to his hyung without being seen, the five men standing guard decide to play a little game with Kyungsoo, simply to keep him company. Kris had made it clear to keep the boy as comfortable as possible.

 

They try to test him with riddles. The notion itself is making Kyungsoo quirk an eyebrow at them, not that they could see it. But he tries his best to answer, wondering how the world had revolved to the point where bad guys do it for the sake of having someone to answer their riddles. Maybe they're planning to kill him if he gets a wrong answer, or they'll kill anyway, whether or not he gets those riddles right.

 

Oh well, might as well get them right.

 

"What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?" One of them asks first.

 

A towel. Duh. Kyungsoo gives out a snort before answering, "A towel. Unless you're referring to your gay ."

 

"A certain crime is punishable if attempted, but not punishable if committed. What is it?"

 

"That's easy. Suicide..." After a second thought, he adds, "Or me."

 

"How is that possible?"

 

"Attempt to me, you'll face a punishment far worse than death. I say, chopped seasoned with salt and pepper sounds tempting. I could feed them to stray dogs and watch them gobble up their meal. But once you me, I can't really punish you cause you'll be dead."

 

"And in the end, all you can do is bark, but not bite. You can't even touch us, kid."

 

"Really? Then why could I still sense fear in the air?"

 

One of the men suddenly leans down to whisper a death threat into Kyungsoo's ear, but a sudden punch from nowhere connects to his face a second later and the man stumbles back in pain. Kyungsoo wonders what happen. The knot around his wrists are almost undone. Just a little more twist before he becomes a free man. Screams and painful moans could be heard all around him, and something that sounds like metal hitting flesh emits in the distant. Kyungsoo couldn't really see the scenario around him of course, but he could feel the tension in the air, the presense of another person within the vicinity, fighting the bad guys away.

 

And this person sounds like he's on a rage rampant.

 

Kyungsoo managed to break free and remove the sack from his face just as a chair comes flying towards his direction. He ducks away on time, thanking the lord for that narrow escape and finally dares a peek at his oh-so-brave warrior. The sight sends a whirlwind through his guts as his heart takes a dive to his stomach.

 

A single stream of blood trickles down the younger male's face as he bares his teeth to the men before him, growling like a gorilla on rabies while he swings the broken chair in his hands around him. The men dare not take a step closer, and they circle around him warily. No one makes the first move, so Kyungsoo decides to intervene. He jumps onto the nearest man, and does a grappling hook around the bastard's head with both his legs. The man tumbles down to the ground with a shriek, trying to squirm his way out.

 

Jongin takes this chance to lash onto the four other kidnappers with his chair and they promptly dash off for their lives, not even bothered to save their poor friend anymore. Kyungsoo doesn't loosen his grip, however, until Jongin finally feels that the threat is over and strides over to the older boy.

 

"Kyungsoo, it's fine now. He's alone. They're gone."

 

The man pleadingly peers over at Kyungsoo and breathlessly begs to be released. "P-please...it's all a plan. It's all a plan!"

 

"A plan? Whose plan?" Kyungsoo interrogates, tightening his grip.

 

"AH! P-please. I can't tell you, but we mean no harm. Please let me go."

 

"Baby, let him go."

 

The unexpected name-calling becomes Kyungsoo's undoing. He loosens his grip and shoves the man away, and the poor guy could only stare, wide-eyed at the both of them. He doesn't know what to do now, and his superior is not giving him an order. But he can't really look at the room on the second floor, having specifically ordered not to.

 

Jongin extends a hand to help Kyungsoo up but the older boy resists him. He doesn't want to, but what's the point of a break-up if he still depends on Jongin?

 

"How'd you know I'm here?" He asks, eventhough it sounds a tad weaker than what he intended.

 

"I saw everything." Jongin mutters quietly. "Are you okay?"

 

"Of course I'm fine. I would have been fine on my own anyway." He almost feels sorry for Jongin when he sees the pained look on the boy's face, but then he remembers not to be fooled by it. "Now you're hurt and I can't help feeling guilty. Sheesh, you're always doing this to me."

 

"I'm sorry for being a burden." Jongin apologizes. For whatever reason, he's sorry for it. He's even sorry for not knowing what had ticked Kyungsoo off during the day they broke up, though he's still trying to figure out the reason.

 

"It's not about you being a burden. It's about how you lead your life, your belief of what's right and wrong. You don't even know that you're hurting people because of it. And I know it's difficult to change who you are, but the problem with you is that you don't even try, Jongin. In fact, you're so attached to the idea of being you that you can't even see the fault in that."

 

"Then tell me one fault that I should see. Give me a head start."

 

Kyungsoo pushes past him, purposely bumping his shoulder angrily against the younger boy. "That's the first fault. For not seeing it. And here's the second. For lying."

 

The conversation ends at that, and Kyungsoo is suddenly running off towards the entrance, leaving a very confused Jongin behind.

 

_______________________

 

If you guys wonder what happen to the guy sitting on the floor during Kai and Soo's conversation, we can assume he escaped. A little action today to spice things up.

 

Guys, I heard there are nasty comments around tumblr saying Kyungsoo is fat. Well, I've seen the pics. I think the belly is cute. He's not fat. In fact, I think he's normal. Jongin probably works out a lot, that's why he doesn't have that belly. Fat would probably be me. I spend too much time sitting around instead of exercising. Lol.

 

I wanna touch his tummy too. XD