At the End of our ty Day

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

100 SUBSCRIBERS!!! Within 12 chapters to boot. This is an accomplishment for me. I'm sooooo happy! Thank you thank you thank you all!!!! Ok, so this update is for all of those who have commented and subscribed to this fic. Thanks a lot for being the motivation behind this fic. Gosh, I'm so honoured. I might be on hiatus for a long time starting december. Because of exams...blah blah blah. The typical , you know. So I will update as much as i can for the next few days.

 

And hopefully reach chapter 40 by then. Bear with me, ye? Kamsahamnida!!!!

 

 

_________________________

 

 

It didn't take long for Luhan to complete his mission, but it certainly took a long time for Kyungsoo. They had to get him a wig, a dress, a pair of black pumps that would fit his size, and a pair of long stockings, to cover the slight hairs on his legs. He was against shaving them, so the boys had to compromise with stockings for the time being.

 

Kris was amazingly good at the whole dress-up thing. He searched through the clothes section and brought back a decent dress that sort of showed off Kyungsoo's curve a little. The guys were surprised though when he stepped out from the changing room.

 

"Oh my gosh, Kyungie. I didn't know you have feminine curves!" Jongdae gaped, turning Kyungsoo around to show Kris what a great job he did at picking out the outfit.

 

Kyungsoo sneered. "What, are you jealous?"

 

"You bet I do. You never really bought girl clothes that could show off your body."

 

"That's because I'm not a girl." Really, did he even have to remind his troll of a friend?

 

"You look good, Kyungsoo ah." Kris suddenly said, causing the younger boy to blush slightly at the compliment. As far as he knew, Kris had never complimented anyone before. "I might date you if you were a girl."

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him, and he chuckled. "Hypothetically speaking. You bore a manly personam on the outside, but you can be unintentionally cute too at times. Now I see why Jongin likes you."

 

Silence descended upon the room instantly, and all eyes were now on Kris. Chanyeol made no attempt to correct the outburst Kris just made, because it was sort of obvious anyway. No one in the Alpha frat could doubt it anymore. Jongin was starting to like Kyungsoo little by little, and that was already pretty impressive in itself, considering his reputation in campus.

 

"W-what?" Kyungsoo's cheeks were now fully red, all the way to his ears and neck. Maybe he heard it wrong. It was impossible for Jongin to like him anyway. The kiss he iniatiated yesterday, that was probably just.....just a.....what the hell did it mean again? Curiousity? Momentary stupidity?

 

"He likes you, Kyungsoo. It's kinda obvious, isn't it? I thought nerds were supposed to be smart about this. Can't you guys tell? He didn't push you away when you kissed him earlier." Kris pointed out, realization slowly sinking into their brains as seconds passed.

 

"I-I....don't know what to say."

 

Kris got up then and sauntered over to Kyungsoo until their faces were just inches away. "What, are you that suprised to find out about this? You don't think Jongin was capable of turning gay for you?"

 

"I-I....no, I didn't think of that at all." Kyungsoo replied honestly. Kris was dangerously close to him right now, and no one made any attempt of pulling the tall blonde away.

 

"How typical. You go around kissing him randomly, and making him question his uality, but when he's actually swinging for the other team, you go all quiet. You're really something, Do Kyungsoo. It's like having a few different person in one body, and you can easily switch around to some new personality no one had seen before. I never knew you were so wild until just a moment ago."

 

Kyungsoo grinned then. "Everyone has their dark side. I just happen to be awesome."

 

"And you're so full of yourself too, considering you're a beta."

 

"The Alpha frat may rule the campus grounds, but the beta frat ventures further than that." Kyungsoo leaned forward a little, and he could practically smell Kris's sweet honey breath. "And that's how we gain knowledge, making us a formidable foe to be afraid of."

 

Kris intentionally brushed his lips against Kyungsoo's then, causing a number of gasps to echo around the small changing area. The shop attendant saw this and muttered a soft "Oh my..." before hurrying away. The tall blonde didn't mean to do it, but he somehow found Kyungsoo to be such an interesting subject lately, and he just wanted to see what made Jongin like this boy so much.

 

Those lips were so soft and plushy that it made Kris a little lightheaded. Hot jerky breaths escaped through Kyungsoo's mouth as Kris deepened the kiss, using his tongue to taste the inner walls of Kyungsoo's mouth. He tasted sweet, like cotton candy and strawberry. His hand instinctively brushed against Kyungsoo's cheeks and the younger boy closed his eyes. He didn't know what was going on, nor did he like this little kiss they shared but he didn't exactly hate this either

 

Kris was good at kissing, he had to admit that. Chanyeol broke the kiss when he suddenly stepped between them and pushed Kris back. "Yah, what are you doing, hyung? Jongin's gonna kill you for this."

 

"Jongin doesn't have to know." Kris smirked. "I see why he likes Kyungsoo so much. The little imp is fierce on the outside, but he's sweet on the inside."

 

"I can't believe you've just kissed my best friend, Kris." Baekhyun cut in, standing next to Chanyeol.

 

Jongdae and Joonmyeon said nothing, but simply stared at the feud in awe. They had known about this side of Kris, his flirtatious side, but this was the first time they had seen him use it. And really, Kyungsoo fell into that trap way too easily. 

 


"It's just a kiss. Jeez. Calm your , will you?" He snickered, returning to his seat on the plushed chair the shop provided. "Well, carry on with the fashion show. This dress is nice, but I don't think it screams Kyungsoo, if you know what I mean."

 

Kyungsoo was wearing a short baby blue silk dress, with slight frills at the bottom. It wasn't too short, which could have showed off his thighs, but it didn't bring out his legs properly either. He looked awkward in it, and a tad more uncomfortable around the waistline.

 

"It's tight." Kyungsoo admitted. The shopkeeper returned after that and gave him a wry smile. "Are you satisfied with the dress?"

 

"He needs something revealing." Kris remarked.

 

The other guys instantly whipped their head around to glare at him. But the older blonde simply shrugged this off and gave the lady his idea of a perfect outfit. The shop attendant went off once again to get those clothes and returned moments later with a pair of tight shorts that was definitely shorter than the dress. Kyungsoo grimaced at the unstretchable waistline of those shorts.

 

"I am so not ing wearing those, Wu YiFan." Kyungsoo uttered in a dark tone.

 

Kris shrugged his shoulders again and ordered Kyungsoo to put it on. "It will make you shine. Trust me."

 

There was a snort before Kyungsoo said, "As if." Despite his protest, he still returned into the changing room and tried the shorts on. Baekhyun passed him a sweater shirt after that, and at least Kyungsoo liked it. It was much more comfortable, as opposed to the shorts. He decided there was no way he could go against Kris now, not after knowing just how formidable the elder was.

 

He came out a moment later and everyone gasped. "You look so y, Kyungsoo ah." Chanyeol commented, making Kyungsoo blush in return. Baekhyun nudged him gently before flashing him a glare. Chanyeol knew that he needed to keep his mouth shut from that moment onwards.

 

"I like it." Kris said simply, getting up from his seat again. But he made no attempt to saunter over to Kyungsoo this time.

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Joonmyeon gave their beta mate a big hug. And after that, it was time to visit the hair saloon. He still needed a wig.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

Luhan and his group, on the other hand, had a different mission in hand. They were supposed to broadcast Luhan live on the big screen, and Minseok became their main technician that day, simply because no one from the beta frat was there.

 

While Minseok and Yixing hacked into the system, Jongin pulled Luhan aside, and asked, "Is he always so wild?"

 

"Kyungsoo, you mean?" Luhan asked back, simply to annoy Jongin.

 

The younger boy rolled his eyes and said, "No, I was talking about that pimp who chased after us. No , man. Did you even have to ask?"

 

The older boy chuckled in return. "He can be wild, but only around people he's comfortable with."

 

"I've never seen this side of him, so I'm a little shocked. And what's with the cheesy nicknames?"

 

"Are you jealous, Kim Jongin?"

 

Jongin pursed his lips, narrowing his eyebrows instantly. "This is not about me. Now answer my question."

 

Out of spite, Luhan answered, "Kyungie-poo is a nice guy, to be honest. Sure, he has a bunch of different personalities all bundled up into that little body of his, but generally he's a good guy. He's wild and vulgar on certain occasions, but he doesn't drink or club. He can be so adorable and squishy sometimes that you can't resist pinching him. When he's happy, he goes all mushy on you. And he's always serious in the things he said or do. He cries easily too, because like I said, he can't help being adorable sometimes, eventhough he hated it when people comment on his cute side. He would stalk a person till the ends of the world and actually fess up, but he won't have confidence in himself when it comes to his talents and looks. He thinks he's too easily picked on. And he finds it hard to believe something at first, until he sees it for himself."

 

"What did you mean by that last statement?" Jongin asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

Luhan smiled then, the genuine sort of smile that made Sehun all warm inside. The younger boy tried to hide the blush on his face as Luhan continued, "You know he likes you, right?"

 

"He's in love." Jongin said with a smirk.

 

"Prideful bastard. Yeah, whatever. He loves you. And it's obvious that you harbour the same feelings." Luhan said.

 

Jongin didn't say anything, so Luhan continued.

 

"He won't believe this unless it's coming from you, and even then, it's not enough to convince him. His little brain thinks too much sometimes, so something simple can end up being the most complicated thing in his head. You need to prove to him that you're actually genuine. And you're not just planning to get into his pants. Get what I mean?"

 

"What am I supposed to do then?"

 

"I don't know. Buy his flowers, sing him a song, do a for him, take him out on a date, all those cheesy . He likes those kind of things. He acts all manly, but he likes girly things. Teddy bears, romance comedy movies, festivals, concerts, dates, kisses, hugs, hugs with smooches..." Luhan trailed off, cringing a little. "I'm not a big fan of cute things, so don't ever suggest a double date with me."

 

Jongin took all this into his head and began to understand Kyungsoo a little more. The older boy was nothing more than a regular boy who liked regular things. The only thing irregular thng about him would probably be his vulgarity, which Jongin thought would be easy to change. Other than that, Kyungsoo seemed so perfect. Almost like a dream, really.

 

He was starting to miss Kyungsoo already, and it had only been an hour since they parted ways.

 

"It's ready, Jongin." Tao called out, and Jongin quickly joined his friends.

 

Amazingly, Minseok managed to hack into the system in a matter of minutes, and by then, Luhan was ready for his big 'debut'. Sehun asked if he was nervous and Luhan said no. "I'm fine, actually. I've done this a lot with Kyungsoo. It's just that we never do it on the big screen before."

 

"Wait, what? Kyungsoo can dance?" Jongin butted in.

 

"Like a pro. He's y when he dances." Luhan teased. "That little swaying against the beat----"

 

"You better stop talking before I break one your legs." Jongin warned him, a little mad that Luhan had actually seen Kyungsoo dance before, but not him.

 

"Your jealousy is getting out of hand, Jonginnie." Sehun said then, eyeing the older boy warily.

 

Even Tao agreed with this. "I really hate that face, you know."

 

"Yeah, makes me want to shave those eyebrows off." Yixing added.

 

"Whatever." Jongin muttered angrily. "Let's just get this over with."

 

"I'm ready, Minnie baby." Luhan told Minseok, and Sehun tried not to cringe at the statement.

 

Minseok tweaked some wires around and suddenly, Luhan's face came on, plastered handsomely on the screen. "Hello hello, is this working?" His voice tested out.

 

The people passing by on the street had literally stopped to see who Luhan was. There was a still sort of silence as Luhan tested out the sound system installed in the wirebox again. Yixing and Jongin went over to the front to see if Luhan's image was on, and Tao was secretly filming the whole thing somewhere, as he hid between the throng of people of the street.

 

Minseok gave his thumbs up and then it was time to begin the show.

 

"Alright, it's on! Everybody, let's get this PARTY STARTING!!!!" Luhan shouted out.

 

He started dancing then, and immediately, there was an uneasy sort of rustle amongst the crowd. Parents dragged their children away, covering their precious eyes. Elderly people simply whisked by without a second glance, thinking how shallow the current generation had become. Girls who found him cute actually cheered for him during his y dance. And guys were simply gawking at the screen, too shocked to comprehend anything.

 

Jongin made sure to capture the audience's reaction with his phone. This was actually quite fun. He never knew the beta boys were so....well, ungeeky. On campus, there were all glasses and checkered pants or shirts with books almost ten-storey high on their arms. But outside, they wore expensive-looking denims which had studs sown in as decoration, and their shirts were nowhere near checkered. Kyungsoo had looked hot in those tight black jeans he wore, and the brown trench over his small build.

 

Really, what a twist."Come on, let's start shaking em around a little." He instructed. Minseok was rolling around laughing by then, unable to see the whole thing anymore.

 

Luhan was twisting his hips pretty violently now, shaking his on the screen as he moaned out Minseok's name on purpose. Jongin could imagine how embarrassed Minseok must have been. He saw a grimacing Sehun next to him and instinctively patted his best friend's back. "Chill, man. It's just for show."

 

The cops got there before Luhan finished his y dance, however. It took them only eight minutes to arrive and usher the gathering crowd away. Another team came over to inspect the building from inside first, and Jongin rushed back to warn Luhan. They weren't in the building, but they were still in the open, somewhere at the side of the building.

 

"Get out now. The cops are here." He warned them, immediately waving a hand over to Tao and Yixing, calling them in. Sehun was packing up some stuff with Minseok.

 

"The !" Luhan cursed under his breath, immediately slinging Minseok's bag over his shoulder. He grabbed Minseok over the arm seconds later and yanked the older boy away from the building. Tao and Yixing eventually turned up, and all six boys ran gleefully from the scene of their crime. Unfortunately, one of the cops found them though, and thirty minutes later, six boys found themselves locked inside a cell.

 

Despite having to spend a few hours locked away, they continued laughing at their deed, joking around with each other, and basically enjoying the time of their life. When three hours eventually passed, Jongin requested to call someone. The officer-in-charge was a little reluctant at first, but Minseok brought in some law-related argument that students have their legal rights to call their parents. Or at least, their guardians.

 

The officer eventually gave in, and Yixing was brought out to call Kris. He was the more believable party in the whole mess after all, so Kris would definitely take him seriously.

 

"How'd it go?" Jongin asked once Yixing returned.

 

"Mummy and daddy are on their way." He said. The boys almost believed that Yixing had called his own parents. That would have been impossible. His parents were in China. "They're also bringing the newly-weds Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the annoying daughter Jongdae and good brother Joonmyeon. Or so daddy says." Yixing remarked innocently.

 

The boys burst out laughing at this.

 

It took forever for the other group to arrive, and when they did, Chanyeol's happy face was the first to emerge. Baekhyun's arms were wrapped around one of Chanyeol's arms, and the both of them really looked like they were happily married. They even dressed stylishly for the occasion.

 

"Too much shopping, I see." Tao commented first, with a smile.

 

Jongdae appeared next, with a short wig on his head and a wide smile on his face. He wore a pair of tight jeans that definitely didn't belong to him earlier, and a frilly black blouse over his body. "I come with a mission to bail you guys out. Each of you owe Kris and Kyungsoo three hundred bucks for bailing you guys out. Tsk tsk. Can't you guys even do it properly?"

 

Luhan and Minseok suppressed the urge to laugh at him. "You look like pretty little dinosaur, Jongdae-poo."

 

"Shut up, -han."

 

Then it was Joonmyeon's turn to appear. He looked fine though, the same way he did three hours ago. So nobody commented on him, and he didn't seem to mind.

 

The officer-in-charge came back with a key then and unlocked their cell. The boys were allowed to leave, on condition that they refrain from such activity in the future. They all bowed at the man, and quickly left the cell area. When the boys got into the main lobby, they found Kyungsoo and Kris talking to some officer at the counter.

 

Kris wore a smart black suit which he took from his room back at the frat house. And Kyungsoo, dear god, he didn't even look like a boy anymore, even when he frowned at the amount of paperwork he had to sign. He managed to tweak his voice a bit, so it sounded a little girly, and Kris was being an adoring husband he was supposed to be, standing close to his wife and whispering some dirty jokes into Kyungsoo's ear. The younger boy had to bite his lips and refrain himself from htting Kris.

 

Jongin's heart stopped for the second time that day, eyeing Kyungsoo from top to bottom. Those black pumps he wore really made his legs look good, and the stockings simply intensified the whole look. His cute-as-hell was hidden behind a pair of tight denim shorts and the sweater shirt he wore made him look like a girl-next-door with pretty curves.

 

His wig was black and long, reaching down to his shoulders until it sort of flipped inwards, and the way his eyes twinkled when someone about his looks....god, he was perfect.

 

Kyungsoo was nothing short of stunning, and Jongin couldn't help but gawk at this boy he didn't recognize anymore. And then Kyungsoo turned to face him (or the morons behind him, he wasn't sure), and the smile on his face was enough to kill Jongin on the spot.

 

The thumping of his heart rang in his ears, and suddenly, there was no one around but him and Kyungsoo. All he saw was Kyungsoo. The smile on that adorable face of his, the sway of his hips, the pair of large black orbs on his face....and his stare. Jongin realized it was directed at him.

 

Jongin also realized then...through the searing jealousy he had towards Kris for putting his arm around Kyungsoo's waist, that he was beginning to fall deeply in love with the older boy. He wasn't sure that he could deny it anymore.

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

*gasp* yes, this is where Jongin starts changing. Into better or worst, I'm not sure. So don't ask me because it'll spoil the fun. This update is long, and whilst it's fun to write it, I kept getting distracted with the EXO showtimes preview. Did you guys watch it? Oh god, Tao is a greenish tanned skin person. Hahahahahaha.

 

Cute baby Tao and his hot raspy voice.

 

Also, I found this. It's not mine. Credit to the real owner, whoever he/she may be. Hahahaha. Kris looks hot. But D.O's face was something like that when I wrote him out.