Not-So-ed-Up Anymore

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Since today is a Sunday, I'm so PROCRASTINATING from my studies. I'm itching to update. Everytime I get new comments, it puts a smile on my face. XD

 

Once again, sorry for any grammatical errors, my lovelies.

 

XOXO

 

 

____________________

 

 

 

Light.

 

It made his eyes hurt and his skin dry, and when he looked down at his hands, they were blue. Funny. Since when did he turn blue? He looked ahead and all he could see for miles and miles away was more light. White. Bright. 

 

Blinding.

 

It seemed never-ending. Where was he? How did he get here? He remembered waiting out in a cold place, but he didn't remember why he was there. Was he waiting for someone? At least it was warm in here, wherever here was.

 

"Hello?" He called out. To who? He wasn't sure, but maybe someone would answer. "Hey, where am I?"

 

No response.

 

Maybe he wasn't loud enough.

 

"HEY! If anyone's out there, please help me!"

 

Silence.

 

This was just getting bloody ridiculous. Where the was he anyway? Heaven? Hell?! It sure didn't seem like hell. Where were the devil's spawns, the fires of hell? Why was it so bright in here? It was as if he had gotten locked up in a cube, and there was no way out.

 

One big white cube. With lights everywhere! ing lights. It reminded him of Baekhyun, when the older boy decided to whiten his teeth one morning, about a year back. Out of spite, he chose the highest category of whiteness, which was oddly named whiter-than-your-neighbourhood-albino, and had returned home with flashlights installed to his teeth.

 

Not literally. But the other beta boys were blinded to the point of annoyance. Kyungsoo purposely made stir-fried vegetables in dark sauce that night to save his friends' eyes.

 

Back to said cube. It seemed to be stretching for miles and miles away. Uh duh, didn't he just say that earlier? Wow. He was even talking to himself now.

 

"I've gone senile, I swear. I'd like to blame Luhan for this because his ty manwhore face is grinning at me in my head right now. Luhan! If you can hear me, I just want to tell you to stop using my bed for your activities at night. Did you think I was stupid or something for not knowing this?!"

 

No response. As expected. Kyungsoo had stopped waiting for a reply anyway.

 

It suddenly seemed like the perfect place for him to vent out his anger and frustrations. He'd been bottling up on certain things lately, and all he wanted to do now was scream. After all, no one could hear him. Right? He was probably stuck in his own head or something. Well, if it really was his head, then damn.....it was as barren as a desert. He figured his head would at least have some hi-tech installed to his eyeballs or something. At least he could see the outside world.

 

"Minseok hyung, I'm sorry for breaking your favourite Sistar album. You left it on your desk, which was so unlike you by the way. You usually store it off somewhere I couldn't find your collection. Not saying that I actually did chance upon your CD collection...." Kyungsoo bit his lips. Ok, the last part was a lie. He actually took an hour looking for Minseok's CD collection.

 

"Ok, I lied. I searched around your room, and found your golden stack of daebakness. But I accidentally knocked your Sistar album off the table, and I'm....yeah, I'm not sorry for blaming Luhan after that. He was an easy target."

 

Wow. That was a relief actually.

 

"Baekkie ah, I hated the day you decided to whiten up your teeth. Eventhough you emerged like a diva after two hours of excruciating torture, I think I did a good job of saving everyone's eyes when I made that stir-fried dish. It's not my fault that it turned out to be your favourite dish.But I knew it was your favourite dish...." He trailed off, wondering what else he had to say about Baekhyun.

 

"Oh yeah, I've been borrowing your clothes secretly too. Don't blame me for your feminine figure. I think you're beautiful though, and to be honest, there were times when I'd forgotten you were a male."

 

Jongdae came next. "Kim Jongdae, I didn't mean to have wet dreams about you last year. It was just a one-time off thing, so I didn't bother to tell you. But I blamed your clothing choice that day for triggering the wet dream. Also, I accidentally switched Luhan's shaver with your shaver once. And yes, I used the both of them to shave off my pubic hair once. Not my fault. I was desperate. I got my own one now, so no worries."

 

This was actually quite fun. He sat down on the white empty floor below and crossed his legs.

 

"Joonmyeon-hyung, I sometimes wonder what you do in the shower. You always spend hours in there. I didn't mean to install that voice recorder in the toilet one time, and I wished I didn't. Let's just say the bomb took hours to arrive to its destination. At least you were kind enough not to destroy so many countries in one go."

 

"And Luhan, gosh, I have so many things to say about you. First of all, like I mentioned earlier, stop having in my room. I can spot a spot from my door when I entered. Second of all, I snuck those glow-in-the-dark condoms into your drawer. For fun. And blaming Jongdae was fun too. I'm always the innocent one, yaddy yaddy ya.... but I'm actually quite evil. You guys kept making fun of my eyes, so this is the price you pay for victimising me."

 

"I also used your once, hyung. I guess I was just curious. It felt....different. Pleasurable, yes. But different."

 

His lips curved upwards into a smile. He would never tell these things to s. They might as well kill him straight away instead of hurting him.

 

"And boy, I have a lot of things to say about the alpha frat. Like the time I found Sehun ing to Luhan's picture behind the campus. Somewhere near the sports storeroom. I didn't want to tell anyone, so you should consider yourself lucky, Sehun. I kept it a secret until today. But every time I see your face, I still can't stop my urge to laugh at you."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled slightly then, feeling as if he owned the world. Technically he was.

 

"And Chanyeol, you're so obvious sometimes it makes me cringe. And Baekhyun obviously has the hots for you too. You guys should get a room somewhere and just already. Kris, I'm sorry for thinking you were a cold-hearted before. Well, technically, you still are. But you're a warm-blooded now. I took photos of you crying on my shoulder that night. Wait....what night was I talking about?"

 

He narrowed his eyebrows, thinking hard about this. It felt like such a long time ago, but it was also felt like it happened yesterday, or last night to be precise. It seemed so vague.

 

Regardless, he still continued. "Tao, I always thought you were a sick boy. You have dark bags under your eyes, you skin is greenish tan, and you voice slurred everytime you tried to speak out. So I did some research on you, you know, as part of my 'Stalking-Jongin-Thesis' research, and found out that you're as healthy as a horse. I'd like to see you ride a horse someday. Or maybe you could just ride Kris."

 

He laughed out loud at his attempt of a risque joke. Then later realized it wasn't funny, actually.

 

"Yixing-hyung...I respect you too much to say anything bad about you. But I wish you would talk to me often. You seem like the kind of guy I could get along with easily. Because generally, I don't talk much in public too, unless the guys are with me. I guess we're already conversating, if silence is one of the methods."

 

"Last but not least, Jongin." He sighed deeply, suddenly recalling what happened to him earlier. It was cold. Too cold, in fact. And he had been sitting there, waiting for his boyfriend to come.

 

But Jongin never came.

 

And that was what Kyungsoo said, "You never came."

 

Before the light ended, and darkness engulfed him once more. His eyes fluttered open, blurred vision ahead slowly coming into focus. And the moment it did, Jongin's face was the first he saw.

 

"I'm sorry." The younger male said, tears glistening in his eyes. "I'm sorry for not coming as soon as I could."

 

Kyungsoo slowly sat up on his bed, with a little help from his boyfriend of course, and he was surprised to see all his frat mates there, alongside the alpha frat guys. Some of them looked pissed, but most of them seemed amused.

 

For some odd reason.

 

Kyungsoo squinted a little, trying to shake off this throbbing headache that was starting to form. It was just vertigo apparently. When he could finally focus on the guys again, his voice came out slow and croaky. "W-what are you guys doing here?"

 

"Worried about you at first. But now, I'm just pissed." Joonmyeon answered. "You ing recorded my shower time! And you didn't have to tell the whole world about you heard!"

 

Someone chuckled at his remark and he turned around to glare at the bastard.

 

Kyungsoo's face turned crimson. "H-how did you know that?"

 

"You were dreaming, love." Jongin explained. "You said something about being in a white cube, with lights everywhere. And you started spilling secrets out. Deep, dirty secrets." There was a hint of amusement in his eyes. And Kyungsoo quickly bowed his head, unable to stare at his friends anymore.

 

"I'm glad my rank as an went a tad better." This was from Kris.

 

"I'm not greenish tan, damnit!" Tao pouted angrily. "I just like to spend a lot of time outside, so my skin colour is tan."

 

"I respect you too, Kyungsoo. And yes, I'll try to talk to you more often." Yixing remarked, a cute dimple forming on his cheek as he smiled.

 

"Good to know that some hairy ghost didn't use my shaver." Jongdae chuckled. "But the wet dreams....oh gosh, if you had told me then, I might have complied."

 

Jongin shot him a hard glare, but Jongdae didn't care. He simply raised a mocking eyebrow.

 

"I don't blame you for hating my teeth. I hated it anyway. It made me look so unnatural. But the clothes part...you don't have to borrow it secretly anymore, Kyungie. You know I'd say yes."

 

"You shouted at me once for using that green top you had." Kyungsoo replied.

 

"Yah, that was one top. And it happened to be my favourite. But I'm fine with it now. You take good care of all the stuff I lent to you anyway." Baekhyun said with a smile.

 

"And...uh, I have an announcement to make." Chanyeol began, looking rather small as he stood at the back. For someone so big, it was amazing, really. He sauntered over to Baekhyun and intertwined their fingers together. "We're officially dating. Starting yesterday."

 

Only a few people gasped. Kyungsoo wasn't surprised though. Baekhyun seemed to be glowing lately. So it was only a matter of time before Chanyeol popped the question. "Congratulations, you two." He told them.

 

Minseok didn't seem especially pissed though. He was just quiet, like he usually would. But Kyungsoo knew he was upset. "I'm sorry, Minnie hyung. I'll buy you a new album, I promise."

 

"Yeah, you'd better." Luhan interrupted, a dark cloud brewing over his head. "And what was that about not being sorry for blaming me, Kyungie?"

 

Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks and tried to think of a valid excuse. But none came and he realized that it was better to just apologize for his rudeness. Luhan was still his hyung, after all."I'm sorry about that too, hyung."

 

He'd never call Luhan formally unless they were attending a function and Kyungsoo had to introduce his frat mates to important people. But this time...it was only right to do so. Luhan had gotten quite a lot of blows from him. "I'm sorry for snucking in those condoms too, and Jongdae ah, I apologize for blaming you."

 

"It's okay, Kyungie poo." Jongdae assured him.

 

"Look, it's not like I dislike those condoms. They made it easier for me to see in the dark." Luhan smiled. "And I'm sorry for having in your room. It's not my fault for always forgetting to wash my bedsheets."

 

"You retard, it's so totally your fault." Baekhyun cut in. "Just send it over for dry-cleaning if you don't want to wash it yourself."

 

"Chill, Baekkie. No need to get so sensitive. I'll start washing all the bedsheets tomorrow, okay." Luhan said, a little exasperated.

 

Then it was Sehun's turn to say something, but the poor boy simply curled himself up in a ball on the armchair nearby and tried to hide away from his embarrassment. The guys had the biggest smirk on their faces when they saw him, and really, it just made him want to die.

 

"I'm sorry, Sehun ah." Kyungsoo started, feeling bad now.

 

"Nghhhh." Sehun groaned. "I-It's fine, hyung." He couldn't show his face, and lord, especially not at Luhan.

 

"Well, at least we know where to avoid." Jongin sneered. "Anyway, is everyone done bashing out on my Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yeah, for now." Baekhyun said. "He'll have some explanation to do once we get home."

 

Kyungsoo groaned then. Group meetings were never a good sign, especially when the topic was about you.

 

Everyone was exhausted after that scare Kyungso had caused. No one blamed him for it though. Because he was always so thick-headed once he made up his mind. And Jongin didn't know about it, so no one blamed him too. The blame game was over, and right now, the guys really needed their sleep. Some of them had to rush over to the hospital immediately after they heard the news. And that was a lot of travelling done.

 

Kyungsoo was glad that none of his friends got hurt along the way. He generally felt bad for keeping them up. And now it was best to let them return back to campus and catch their sleep. Jongin offered to stay with Kyungsoo until his discharge tomorrow morning. The others bade Kyungsoo farewell before they left, and Luhan, curse him, brought out one last statement which made both Kyungsoo and Jongin blush.

 

"Kyungie, you'll know where to find my if you two ever need a little fun."

 

Kyungsoo literally facepalmed on the spot, and Jongin hid the blush on his face with Kyungsoo's blanket.

 

"I'm sorry about him. And I'm sorry for putting you through so much trouble tonight."

 

"No. If anyone should be sorry, it would be me. I doubted you, Kyungsoo ah. Remember what I told you, that I'll still love you no matter what..." Jongin took Kyungsoo's hands in his, and started rubbing circles around his knuckles. "Well, eventhough it broke my heart to see you kissed him, I was still in love with you, from that painful moment to the moment I saw you lying on the ground lifeless."

 

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, unable to say anything. But Jongin knew what he wanted to ask. Yoon Hye. Kyungsoo had seen him walked off with Yoon Hye, arms wrapped around each other.

 

He figured that Kyungsoo deserved to know the truth. "That girl is my ex-girlfriend. Before you say anything, let me explain. I planned to end my relationship with her that time, before I was supposed to meet you in front of campus. I never told anyone about this. But I had been juggling a strained relationship with Yoon Hye for seven years before I was able to break it off finally. No one knew about her but me and the guys. And she's just a regular college girl, not one of those s I used to sleep with every now and then."

 

"She sounds perfect..." Kyungsoo said with a cracked voice, trying to hold back the tears pooling in his eyes. "Why did you break it off?"

 

"Because I'm in love with you. And even when I was spending my last few hours as a couple with her, all I could ever think about was you. I was worried, Kyungsoo ah, when you said that you'd wait for me, but then I didn't think that you actually would. You were always the sensible type."

 

"If I'm so sensible, I wouldn't mess around with Luhan a lot, would I?"

 

"True." Jongin nodded, amused. He kissed away the tears in Kyungsoo's eyes and continued, "But Yoon Hye and I are just friends now. I just want you to put that into your head and not assume anything else. We will still meet occasionally to hang out, and you could come along if you want, but nothing will happen between Yoon Hye and I. Are we clear about this?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded, feeling a little better now.

 

"And that kiss you shared with Kris...." Jongin trailed off, hoping to hear Kyungsoo's side of the story now.

 

"It was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of kiss. He said he was in love with me, but I really think it was just a crush. No worries, Jongin ah. Remember what I told before? That no matter the circumstances, I would still love you."

 

"I know, love. I know that now. And I'm sorry for doubting you."

 

"Me too, baby."

 

Jongin leaned down to kiss his boyfriend then, biting Kyungsoo's lower lip a little before deepening their kiss with his tongue. Their tongues battled out for dominance after that, in laboured breaths and into each other's mouth. Jongin cupped Kyungsoo's face with his hands while the older boy wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck.

 

They kissed so passionately until they had to stop for air, before Kyungsoo pulled him down into another kiss.

 

Both boys were just glad that any form of misunderstanding was over. And Jongin, with a slightly husky voice, tilted Kyungsoo's face up afterwards and said, "Look up there, love. Can you see that mistletoe?"

 

"Why is there a mistletoe above my bed?" Kyungsoo asked, chuckling.

 

"It was my Christmas wish. To kiss you under the mistletoe. And my wish came true."

 

"You put it there, didn't you?"

 

"You always find ways to my efforts." Jongin said with a sigh.

 

"Not quite. Guess what, Jongin, it's the same wish I made too."

 

Jongin's eyes widened after that, and really, how could he not love Do Kyungsoo? This boy managed to give him a heart attack and made out with him after that, in ONE NIGHT. Jongin swore that Kyungsoo will be the death of him someday. Touch wood.

 

"Merry Christmas, you adorable little of a boyfriend."

 

"Merry Christmas to you too, you snot-faced baby."

 

Yeah, Jongin didn't care that snot was now running down his nose, and that tears were streaming down his cheeks. He was just glad to have Kyungsoo in his arms once more. And everything was fine again.

 

 

 

________________________

 

 

 

Christmas! My favourite time of the year. I get to play Secret Santa and I think buying a gift for a guy is the hardest thing ever. Period. They either like too many things or too little.

 

Grah! So frustrating.

 

But I know what to give all you Kaisoo fans out there. XD