Grocery Shopping for Morons

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Day 1
 

Kyungsoo wakes up first thing in the morning, and he sees a weird-looking deer staring down at him with hungry eyes. He doesn't hesitate to punch said deer in the guts, and Luhan stumbles back in pain.

 

"What the , little squish?! Why'd you punch me so hard?"

 

"You deserve it." Kyungsoo says, getting out of bed. The rising sun showers his room with a warm morning glow, and the clouds look like white cotton balls scattered across the clear blue sky.  He's never seen a better morning than this for a long time, not since his relationship with Jongin had gone sour, so this is actually a good start to an exciting day ahead.

 

"I was gonna wake you up, but you woke up before I could do anything."

 

Kyungsoo glares at the Chinese male, wondering what he means by anything.

 

"We're going grocery shopping today, Soo, so get ready." Luhan winks, before leaving the room.

 

And the only thing that Kyungsoo could think of is, Oh no.

 

_______________________

 

It's been universally acknowledged, that 'grocery shopping' has more than one meaning in the beta frat's Compilation of General Definition and Word Vomit.  That same compilation is made by none other than Luhan and Baekhyun themselves, so it's not necessarily true all the time. Most of it are just nonsensical bull they thought should be given more than one valid definition.

 

So s don't necessarily connote going down on one's knees to the living soul out of the other's . It could also mean 'using one's best friend to blow the heat off one's food'. And grocery shopping doesn't always involve 'restocking supplies in one's home'. It could also mean, 'It's time to lose control and go ape again' or 'Gotta run! My is calling'.

 

Unfortunately that day, it doesn't fall within the ambit of the second meaning.

 

Kyungsoo dons a casual red plaid shirt over his favourite slim-fit, tight jeans. He's too busy pondering about his conversation with Jongin yesterday to care about his outfit choice much, so after pulling back his front bangs with some gel, and making sure he looks reasonably presentable to go out, he braces himself for a day filled with pain, tears, and sweat.

 

The plaid shirt might disappear along the way, but he hopes to keep his jeans intact. 

 

"Kyungie poo, we've been waiting ages!" Joonmyeon whines, the moment Kyungsoo appears in the living room.

 

"Ew, don't do that, hyung. You look ugly with that face."

 

"There's nothing wrong with my face." Joonmyeon huffs. "Tell him, Baekkie. Tell him how handsome I am."

 

"Soo, stop making fun of him. I know he looks like a erted toad most of the time---"

 

"Motherfu---"

 

"---but I think he's handsome today. Don't you think?" Baekhyun says, earning a disgruntled groan from Kyungsoo.

 

"Alright children, let's not start a fight. We've got a lot of things to buy for the house---" Luhan starts,and Kyungsoo groans again. "And I expect everyone to behave. Is that clear, Soo?"

 

"We all know you won't behave well later." Minseok laughs. "Jongdae's joining us later, so let's head out first. I'm starving."

 

Just as Baekhyun opens the front door,  a shy Jongin stands there with a goofy smile on his face and Baekhyun literally jumps back in surpise. "Mother! What the hell are YOU doing here, Kim JongOut?" The latter ignores the pun intended, and rolls his eyes.

 

"I'm here to see Kyungsoo." Jongin says, cutely waving at Kyungsoo when he spots the elder standing behind Baekhyun.

 

"Never thought I'd see this day come." Luhan retorts, shaking his head. "The day Jongin stands in front of our door in broad daylight."

 

Kyungsoo heads forward to give Jongin a quick kiss on the cheeks (nothing romantic about it) before telling his beta buddies to hurry up.

 

"So Jongin's coming?" Joonmyeon asks.

 

"And the rest of my frat too." Jongin answers. "They're waiting in Kris's car outside. Let's go." He takes Kyungsoo's hand in his and drags the boy out with him. He doesn't give a damn anymore about what people might say to him later. They can call him stupid, punch the living daylight out of him, and deem the alpha frat as the lamest frat on campus, but he has Kyungsoo's hand in his and that's all that matters.

 

The beta group reunites with the alpha frat outside the campus entrance, and for once, everyone is genuinely happy to see each other. Well, technically, the only ones who were fighting before are only Jongin and Kyungsoo, but since they're sort of okay with each other, there're no murderous glares exchanged between the eleven boys. No threatening death wishes are needed either. Jongin is just happy to have Kyungsoo by his side again, eventhough the older male is still a little reluctant.

 

"Where are we heading first?" Kris asks, casually scrolling through his phone with a bored look on his face. They decide not to take his car that day, since eleven is way too big a number to fit into one sports car. So the bus becomes the cheaper alternative for the day.

 

"I say we actually buy groceries first before we forgot the whole point of going out today." Yixing suggests.

 

"Well I say we make a bet first and b----" Luhan's sentence gets cut off when Kyungsoo slaps a hand over his mouth to shut him off.

 

"I second Yixing hyung's suggestion. Anyone, who dares state otherwise will be severely punished when we get home later." He gives the Chinese male a pointed look, and Luhan takes that as a sign to shut up. Jongin could watch in awe as his boyfriend (soon-to-be-again) takes charge of the whole group.

 

They agree to buy groceries first, and Kyungsoo takes the lead.

 

Grocery shopping soon turns into a nuisance when all hell breaks loose in the supermarket. Someone, specifically Chanyeol (but no one's pointing a finger. Heck, no one even tries to acknowledge his presence when asked), decides to have a joy ride with one of the trolleys. He's pushing Baekhyun around like ten-year-olds on a rampage, and no one could do anything to stop the giant.

 

Luhan soon joins in the fun, and he drags Sehun along, who reluctantly agrees to accompany his boyfriend. But most of the time he's just standing there like an embarrassed puppy, trying to make sure Luhan doesn't get hurt. Yixing soon tags along excitedly, and everyone's surprised to see him sitting inside a trolley, getting pushed by a very shy-looking Joonmyeon.

 

He's doing it for his crush, Joonmyeon tells himself, but in the end, it's just fun being part of the weirder group.

 

Kris takes this chaos as a chance for him to stuck his tongue down Tao's mouth, whose soul seems to have left this earth the moment the older male pins him against the cereal section. Jongin hurries Kyungsoo along with one hand protectively placed over his boyfriend's eyes, to avoid staring at the smooching couple. They round a corner just in time before they hear someone (probably one of the staffs) scolding them to stop, and Jongin turns back to see Kris and Tao scurrying away like rats.

 

Apart from the commotion that appears to be taking place in aisle three, Jongin and Kyungsoo are actually the only ones who are doing the shopping. They have a cart full of food now, that Jongin pushes while his bootylicious boyfriend drags him from one aisle to the other, scanning through his list of things to buy and taking them from the shelves before depositing them in the trolley. Jongin doesn't mind the labor work. He's actually having the best time of his life just staring at his boyfriend's swaying . A lot of nasty thoughts run through his mind for the next few minutes, and none of them are the sort he could deem suitable if he wants to win his boyfriend back.

 

"We should get the bigger one." Jongin says, upon passing the chips section, and he points toward the larger packet situated on top, way above Kyungsoo's reach. The older male frowns, trying to decide how to take one down without causing the whole shelf to fall over him. Jongin watches in plain amusement as his boyfriend goes on his tiptoe and tries to reach for the ones near the edge. His shirt lifts up just a little bit to reveal white creamy skin that Jongin misses so much, and Kyungsoo seems to have gained weight too. His tummy is bulging out cutely, though not visible with his shirt on, and the look on his face is a priceless one.

 

A frustrated Kyungsoo is always so adorable. "Here, let me get it for you." He says after a few more seconds of watching Kyungsoo struggle to reach for the chips.

 

"You could have offered to do that earlier."

 

"I wouldn't be able to stare at your tummy then." Jongin says, causing the older male to blush beet red.

 

"Ten points off for your lewd comment."

 

"What? Ten points out of how much?" He can't believe he's being penalised for this.

 

"A hundred, so cherish it well." Kyungsoo says, taking the bag of chips from his hands. "This goes here, and we still need four cartons of milk for the kids and a giant bag of Cheerios for the hyungs."

 

"We'll need two bags for Kris and Tao alone." Jongin adds. "And one enormous bag of jelly for me and Chanyeol."

 

"You guys should learn to control your junk food intake. At this rate, you'll probably have a bulging tummy by the time we turn old enough to get married."

 

Jongin freezes, eyes widening in shock at Kyungsoo's words. Married? What does he mean? "Baby, d-do you want to marry me?"

 

"Of course, you idiot." Kyungsoo answers, not looking at him. He's too busy deciding whether to go with the grated cheese or the block ones. "It's a stupid question to ask, so I'm taking five points out."

 

Jongin groans outwardly, but deep inside, he's feeling all kinds of mush by then, heart swelling with happiness as his brain finally registers Kyungsoo's words. He couldn't believe that his boyfriend actually thought about marrying him---HIM!---after all the trouble and trials and pain that Jongin had put him through.

 

"I love you so much, Soo." He says, voice filled with emotion.

 

"Yeah yeah. Stuff some carrots inside the trolley, will you? I'm making roast chicken tonight." Kyungsoo orders checking around for any bean sprouts.

 

"Soo." Jongin leaves the trolley behind and approaches his boyfriend instead. "I love you so so much. You know that?"

 

"Of course I do." Kyungsoo sighs, but still not looking at Jongin.

 

"Can I kiss you then?"

 

Another sigh, and this time, with a resigned voice, Kyungsoo says, "Just the cheek. I'm not ready for the lips yet."

 

Jongin kisses him on the cheek, and something begins to grow in Kyungsoo's heart once more. Hope? He's not so sure, but there's definitely something there.

 

It's still too early to figure it out. After all, there's still exactly 13 days left to their deal. Maybe things will get better in the end. Or maybe it would take a turn for the worst.

 

_____________________________

 

A/N: Doesn't mean there's fourteen days I will take fourteen chapters to update. No way. I'll die trying to figure out what to write. Hahaha. Anyway, this is just Day 1. Day 2 and day 3 will be out tomorrow.