Jongin's First Love

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

An update before I go to work, lovelies!

 

 

_____________________

 

 

The beta frat performed 'Open Arms' for their second song, and Jongin watched his lover lovingly from the sidelines. Then it was finally the alpha frat's turn to end the night's festivities, and they performed to their fullest.

 

While everyone was busy partying in the auditorium, Jongin dragged his boyfriend to a secluded spot behind the campus grounds after that, where he was sure no one could find them. It was his favourite spot, because no one ever went there, and he wanted to show Kyungsoo something. "Close your eyes for a moment, love."

 

Kyungsoo loved the way Jongin called him 'love', and it made him blush up a storm. He did as he was told and shut his eyes tight. Was he getting a kiss? A hug? Jongin suddenly lifted him off the ground, bridal style, and Kyungsoo released a tiny yelp. No one had ever carried him like this before. It made him terribly shy.

 

"Just close your eyes, hyung. We're almost there."

 

Kyungsoo didn't open his eyes, even a slit. He nestled against the crook of Jongin's neck and sniffed in that manly perspiration scent belonging to his boyfriend. It was lulling him to sleep, but he had to stay awake. He was itching to know what Jongin was up to.

 

"Where are you taking me?"

 

"Paradise." Jongin said. "Don't open your eyes yet."

 

They arrived in the middle of an open garden, somewhere further off the East Wing herb garden, but here there were no herbs. Just bushes of roses and cherry blossom tress encircling around it, making a sort of clearing in the middle. People wouldn't have known about this special place unless they didn't mind pushing through those thick rose bushes. The thorns had left scars on Jongin's arms a few times, but he still came here to relax sometimes.

 

This was the only place he could truly be free to do whatever he wanted, because no one could watch him. No one even knew where to find him. And he didn't plan to tell anyone at all. Only Sehun and Chanyeol knew about this place.

 

Jongin carefully laid his boyfriend down on the mat he set up in the middle."Don't open your eyes yet. Did anything sharp graze your skin just now?"

 

Kyungsoo simply pursed his lips. He felt something sharp cutting through his skin earlier, but those were probably just some edgy tree branches. He didn't want Jongin to worry. But Jongin could see some new cuts on his lover's arms than had not been there before. He had a few new ones himself. "I'm sorry, love. I had to go through those thorns or else we can't see the thing I wanted to show you."

 

"It's okay, Jongin-ah." Ah, so those were thorns. Where were they anyway?

 

Jongin laid down on the mat beside Kyungsoo and told the boy to open his eyes. When Kyungsoo did, he was welcomed with the sight of a million stars spreading across the dim night sky. A smile slowly stretched on his mouth, and when Jongin turned to face his lover, that heart-shaped smile had reached up to the elder's eyes. The way his eyes twinkled made Jongin's heart skipped a beat.

 

Kyungsoo was just so beautiful.

 

"God, I'm so in love with you." The younger boy muttered, immediately gaining Kyungsoo's attention.

 

Jongin propped himself up on one elbow and hovered over his boyfriend. "Love, this is the thing I wanted to show you. Just like those stars, you brighten up the path ahead of me so that I could see where I'm walking. I don't think I could ever live without you, knowing how much I need you now. And I've never felt so strongly for someone before. You make me want to do things to keep that smile on your face, and it hurts me every time you're upset, especially when it's my fault to begin with." He said with a sad smile.

 

"You're so cheesy nowadays." Kyungsoo chuckled, cupping his boyfriend's face. "What happened to you, Kim Jongin?"

 

"I've always been like this...I just never found the person who could bring out the real me, that's all." Jongin said, planting a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. "I love you so much, Do Kyungsoo. I want you to remember that, no matter the circumstances. Do you understand?"

 

Kyungsoo recalled the cold shoulders his boyfriend gave him this morning. He was starting to open up to Jongin, to trust all the things his lover said. Maybe it was fine to just let go all of his worries. Maybe it was fine to just love Jongin unconditionally.

 

"I love you too, Jongin. So much that it hurts. I want you to remember that, no matter the circumstances."

 

It was like exchanging marriage vows, Kyungsoo thought out of amusement.

 

They shared a passionate kiss after that, limbs tangled in tight embrace.

 

They were in love.

 

 

_________________________ 

 

 

For the next one week, no one had any classes. It was the Christmas holidays, so a lot of people went home to celebrate the weeklong freedom with their family or loved ones. Jongin had nowhere to go so he stayed in campus. Sehun and Chanyeol went home to visit their family. Kris said he was going over to his cousin's house in the city to hang out for a week. Tao went along with Kris. Yixing didn't say where he was going, but he did say that he was coming back in three days. Jongin didn't question him too much.

 

"Be careful, hyung." The younger boy said, bidding farewell. They bro-hugged each other before Yixing took off. He was the last person to leave.

 

Now Jongin was staying alone in the alpha frat house. He had three days to himself, but what in the world could he do? Everyone was mostly gone by then.

 

He decided to give his boyfriend a call.

 

After the third ring, Kyungsoo picked up. "Hello?"

 

Jongin smiled, leaning back against the couch. "Hey, love. What are you up to?"

 

"I'm visiting a friend's best friend today. Hold on a minute. Jongdae ah, can you stop pinching my ?"

 

Jongin tightened the grip on his phone when he heard that. His jealous mode was on full-switch now. He waited for a moment as Kyungsoo struggled with the troll on the other end. Jongdae's laughter could be heard resonating through the call.

 

" you, dinosaur, go get someone else's to pinch." Kyungsoo scolded his friend, almost dropping his phone as he did so. "Sorry Jongin ah. He was being a troll."

 

"Are you visiting his best friend?" Jongin asked, taking in deep breaths now. Calm down, Jongin, calm down. That troll will die later.

 

"No, it's Joonmyeon hyung's best friend actually. Jongdae is just tagging along. Baekhyun went home this morning."

 

Jongin was glad to hear that there was one less friend there to pound on his boyfriend. But that Jongdae will still die later. Kyungsoo continued, "Luhan went out with Minseok hyung, but they'll be back in two days. I'm not sure where they went though."

 

Just like Yixing, Jongin thought.

 

"Oh yeah, what are you doing, Jongin ah?"

 

"Me? Probably watch a movie or two by myself. I'm not going home to see my family for Christmas. Nothing to see there anyway." Jongin said bitterly. Kyungsoo noticed that bitter tone, of course. He didn't question it further though. If they were going to talk about family, Kyungsoo wanted to do it facing his lover.

 

"Do you want to hang out tonight?"

 

Jongin immediately straightened himself upright. "Really? You sure? Because I do." He uttered excitedly.

 

There was a chuckle on the other end before Kyungsoo said, "Yeah. I forgot you couldn't actually see me right now, because I just nodded my head. But yes, I want to go out with you."

 

Jongin was beyond excited by then. What should he wear? What was Kyungsoo wearing? Should he do a match-and-dress? In the end, he decided to surprise his lover. After all, when it came to fashion, Jongin had learnt it from the best. Kris was the best stylist amongst the six of them.

 

"Tonight, 7pm, in front of the college entrance." Jongin told his lover.

 

Kyungsoo nodded again, and facepalmed his forehead after that. Jongin somehow knew that he nodded so he just chuckled in return. "You're so cute, love."

 

"S-shut up. I keep forgetting." Kyungsoo said with a blush, and Jongin could almost imagine how red his lover's face was.

 

Funny. Love made you remember a lot of little things about the other person. It was just like the time he first met...he paused...there was still a big secret he hadn't told Kyungsoo. "I'll see you later, love."

 

"Ok, baby."

 

That was a first. Jongin's eyes widened at the sudden name-calling. But before he could say anything, Kyungsoo had already ended the call. Jongin was left alone again, sitting in the silence of the alpha frat's living room. He needed to tell Kyungsoo the one thing he had been avoiding since they started their relationship.

 

And speaking of the devil, there she was, the same familiar ringtone blaring to a call he didn't want to answer. His first crush. First love. First girlfriend.

 

Kim Yoon Hye.

 

 

___________________________

 

 

If there was one thing Jongin remembered about her well, it was the way her eyes held so much of wonders for the world around her. She was always curious to try something new, and Jongin had to step in every time, in case the thing she wanted to try was harmful to her and anyone else. But Yoon Hye was a strong girl. She made more sense than Jongin in most of the things they talked about.

 

She was the girl who had lost both her parents in an accident, lost her brother to drugs, and was now living alone with her little sister. Jongin had offered to help her financially, but she chose to take full lead of her life. It was her responsibility, she said. That was the last thing Jongin heard from her before she signed up for a local college nearby. She also took on two jobs alongside her study schedule, making her basically busy for the duration of her years in college.

 

Jongin started feeling neglected after four months, and that was when their relationship took a slow dive downwards. But Yoon Hye held on to him. Eventhough the metal wire that was once attached between them had turned into a thread barely visible under the light, Yoon Hye held on to the one person who had given her encouragement to move on with her life.

 

She had to support her younger sister's high school fees, and at the same time, she had her own fees to worry about. The landlady was nice enough to forgo rent for a couple of years until her financial situation stabilized again. And a close neighbour cooked their meals for lunch and dinner. So Yoon Hye was able to give two days of her busy life in a month for her boyfriend.

 

Christmas was one of those days, when she had no jobs and no classes. Her sister offered to take care of the house, so Yoon Hye was basically free for the rest of the day.

 

Jongin picked up after the fourth ring. "Hello?" He greeted.

 

"Hi, sweetie. Do you want to go out today? I'm free."

 

There was a rustle on the other end, as Jongin got up to walk over to the kitchen. He needed a drink badly. And the only thing left in the fridge was...beer.

 

"Oh? You don't have work today?"

 

"It's Christmas, Jongin ah. Of course there's no work. There's no classes either, and Yoon Mi agreed to watch over the house. I know you're free too. You don't like going back home."

 

Jongin took a couple of sips, before he said, "You've known me too well for me to say otherwise. Yeah, I'm free. But I've got some plans with a friend tonight."

 

Yoon Hye frowned at the remark. "I don't get to see you much. Can't you go out with your friend tomorrow?"

 

"No, it has to be tonight." Jongin said, indifferent. He hated treating her this way. She didn't deserve it, the same way Kyungsoo didn't deserve a broken promise.

 

"Oh, I see..." Yoon Hye trailed off, feeling a little hurt inside. She didn't express it though. Putting up a fake smile, she decided to take what little time she had with Jongin that day. "It's okay then. As long as I get to hang out with you, I'm happy."

 

Her cracked voice made Jongin's heart clench. He wanted to end this strained relationship they had, but everytime he tried to do so, Yoon Hye always made him feel guilty. It wasn't what she said. It was what she did. The little things like, asking him if he was okay. Or making sure he ate properly. Offering part of her meal to him eventhough she was probably starving like hell.

 

He couldn't bring himself to hurt her. He was such a er when it came to love. And now he was faced with a dilemma. He had to end it with Yoon Hye that night. It didn't matter that it was on Christmas....ugh, Christmas. The same night they expressed their love for each other. Of all the holidays in the world...it had to be on Christmas.

 

"Happy 7th year anniversary, Jongin ah." She said.

 

And Jongin's world literally crumbled right then. Guilt was such a painful thing to live through, and it was his fault for not ending this sooner. He wasn't so in love with Yoon Hye anymore, because Kyungsoo filled up all the recesses of his mind nowadays. His heart fluttered around the older boy, and he didn't want to hurt Kyungsoo the same way he was hurting Yoon Hye now.

 

If only it was easy to let go of someone.

 

"I'll see you in an hour. I'm coming over to fetch you, so get ready." He said croakily.

 

His legs were shaking badly by then. But he had to do it.

 

He had to end his seven-year long relationship tonight. For Kyungsoo's sake.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

She was the girl in the Wolf Drama. The one with Kai. The one with Luhan was a different girl, right? I'm a little confused. But anyway, enjoy. But I chose the one who was in the high school wolf-slash-twilight drama.

 

Oh ya, take note that in this fic, she's the same age as Jongin. Her proper birth year is 1991. I think. I forgot. Hahahahaha. XD 

 

XOXO

 

She acted in a drama I like. Flower Boys Next Door.