Weekend Gig

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Based on Chapter 30, when Minseokkie said he got them a gig at a local bar.

 

______________________

 

The smell of alcohol reeks in the air as they step into the bar that belongs to Minseok's friend. It's called Deltron Bar on the sign outside, and the boys naturally thought that the owner's a foreigner. What greets them instead is a Korean guy with spiky blonde hair. He calls himself Eunhyuk, and a second later, his boyfriend emerges from behind, introducing himself as Donghae.

 

Kyungsoo wonders if his world revolves around gay people. He's been unintentionally stumbling into one too many lately, and the fact that he's gay should also be taken into account. He's so totally blaming Luhan on this, or maybe Joonmyeon. Nice guys usually turn out to be the biggest influence.

 

"Nice to meet you." Kyungsoo politely accepts Eunhyuk's handshake. His hand is not as calloused as Jongin's, but----why the hell is he even thinking about Jongin?! This is bad!

 

"Pleasure to meet you too, Kyungsoo. Anyway, the stage is yours for tonight, guys. I'm not expecting another band to play here later. So jam to your heart's content."

 

"Thanks a million, hyung." Minseok says.

 

"Let's do something so crazy, it'll make Kyungsoo forget he's heartbroken." Luhan suddenly suggests just as Eunhyuk and Donghae step away.

 

Kyungsoo snorts at this. "Now that you brought it up, thanks for reminding me about the pain."

 

"There's no need to be so sarcastic, Soo baby. What do you have in mind, Luhan hyung?" Baekhyun cuts in, earning a sharp glare from Kyungsoo as he said this.

 

"I want to do a !" Minseok chirps, raising his hand.

 

Luhan made a face. He looked....panicked (?) for a moment there, or maybe it was Kyungsoo imagining things. Yet his soft came out soft when he replied, "We're not doing a , baozi." 

 

"I'd say we do a dance battle." Jongdae suggests, already swaying his hip against Baekhyun but the latter avoids it like a plague. No one could really his hips quite like Jongdae.

 

"I can't dance like you guys." Kyungsoo huffs, taking a step away from Jongdae too.

 

"Then we won't do a dance battle. You're supposed to be feeling better, Kyungie poo." Luhan protectively wraps an arm around Kyungsoo then.

 

"I want to do a ~" Minseok whines again.

 

"We are NOT doing a , Minseokkie."

 

"I suggest we play a game of snakes and ladders." Joonmyeon suddenly interrupts, and the others stare at him incredulously. 

 

"How is that crazy?!"

 

"~"

 

"Oh, for the love of my , we are NOT doing a ." Luhan yells out in exasperation now, causing the older male to gasp. Guilt starts boiling up inside Luhan when he sees tears forming in the other's eyes, but before he could do anything to stop the coming waterfall from Minseok, Kyungsoo steps forward and quickly yells out, "We will do ALL of them."

 

All eyes turn to him in that split second, including the other customers in the bar, and Kyungsoo mentally kicks himself for being so loud. And dumb. Who the frick would do a dance battle while playing snakes and ladders all in one night?

 

A creepy discomforting grin spreads across Luhan's face after that, and Kyungsoo is already looking for the exit. But life's a ---well, his life anyway----and soon, the other guys simply agree to this abominable plan of theirs, with Jongdae and Joonmyeon 'gently' gripping on either side of his arms so that he would not try to bolt for the exit. And Kyungsoo seriously regretted opening his mouth. He should have sticked with the programme...

 

Play the gig, drink a few shots, run home by midnight and flop down into bed. If climbing up the stairs feels like a burden, then pass out on the couch. And that, compared to this, sounds a trillion times better right then. He wipes away the imaginary sweat from his temples as Minseok runs off to get Eunhyuk, only returning a minute later with a board game of snakes and ladders in his hands. Kyungsoo doesn't question the existence of said board game, thinking that maybe all bars would have a secret stash of geek games hiding somewhere for those who got tired of alcohol and drunk .

 

Luhan on the other hand is looking for an empty table that could fit six feminine rowdy-looking men. For a bar that claims it's not doing well with its business lately, the place is surprisingly packed that night. Luhan finds a secluded spot in a dark corner somewhere---"Oooh, mysterious..." Baekhyun teased----and beers are soon distributed equally. It won't be equal for long, obviously.

 

They're planning to perform right after their game. And Minseok throws the first dice. Six steps. His piece lands on a normal box, and Joonmyeon tosses the dice next. Five steps.

 

"It's a chance." He says, doing a mini-victory dance to himself. The others consequently roll their eyes in secondhand embarassment.

 

Unlike the normal snakes and ladders board game, this one has those little 'chance' boxes that could either skyrocket you straight into the upper boxes, or sink you down to the pits of hell, basically going back to the point of the game. But under these chance boxes, there would be questions; the kind asked during a truth-or-dare game, and if you can't fulfil them, then you're definitely sinking down the maze.

 

Joonmyeon proceeds to take a card out of the stack nearby, and reads it aloud. "Take three steps forward if you could answer this question: would you bang the person sitting on your right? if yes, go straight to the nearest normal square and kick your opponent back to the start. If no, player must return to the start. What the frick?! Since when did a board game ask questions like this?"

 

The others are fairly amused about it, and they're staring at the person sitting on his right soon after. Kyungsoo doesn't seem to enjoy it as much though. He would never 'bang' anyone other than Jongin, and now that the is no longer part of his life, it might take a while before he could actually allow another person to touch him that way, IF he could ever allow anyone to touch him like that. Just the thought of it makes him shiver. And to boot, Joonmyeon's face is now peering very----stay the off from me, !---closely to his face.

 

"Your skin is flawless, Soo. How come I never noticed?" His voice is coated with a layer of...seduction? Is Joonmyeon trying to flirt with him? The gesture only ends up making the younger male gag.

 

"Because you're too busy staring at Yixing." He mutters out in a desperate attempt to rid Joonmyeon sooner. Startled gasps echo through the round table as all eyes now revert back to Joonmyeon. But the older male remains a mask of serenity, as he straightens up his back and clears his throat, "Well, to answer the question...no, I would definitely prefer Yixing, and I don't think I could deny my attraction anymore, since I can't lie so well. Kyungsoo rightfully belongs to Jongin anyway."

 

Kyungsoo scrunches up his nose, clearly unamused. A tad annoyed actually. "I belong to no one." He expects the older male to be annoyed with him for revealing that secret, but Joonmyeon shows no sign of anger or irritation. In fact, he seems...happy? His eyes crinkle into a smile as he says,

 

"We'll see about that. I bet 300 American dollars you'll be going back to him within a year."

 

"No ing way! Why should I go back to a guy who only cares about his and the women he sleeps with? And if you're wrong? If I end up being single for the next five decades of my life, what then?"

 

"Then you get to keep the money, probably buy enough ramen to last three years. I could give you more, if you want. If I win, I expect to get a kiss at the end of it. On my lips." Oooh...Joonmyeon can be so nasty when he wants to. And Kyungsoo is sure the kiss had been something the older male wanted for a very long time. But then again, everyone---and that includes the living, non-living, straight, otherwise, or terrestrial in nature---wants to kiss him. Life's a , after all.

 

"Wha---?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen and his mouth forms a small O. Eventhough it's totally expected, it's not something he expects over a game of snakes and ladders.

 

"Do we have a deal then, dongsaeng ah?"

 

It's a very interesting deal, indeed. Kyungsoo, for one, had recently made up his mind to NOT cave in to the likes of Kim Jongin ever again, or anyone associated with him for that matter. He could so totally win this bet, AND he gets to keep a load of money by the end of the year. Wow. He's starting to enjoy this game.

 

"Deal. Now, my turn to roll the dice. And you're supposed to go back to the start." He takes the dice and tosses it across the board. Five steps. A chance.

 

Luhan starts laughing in his seat. "May the force be with you, squishy one."

 

" off." Kyungsoo reaches out to grab a chance card and reads it out. "Go to the nearest ladder and climb up, but before that, you have to drink three shots of tequila. Easy peasy."

 

They order three shots of tequila for Kyungsoo, and by the end of this game twenty minutes later, all six boys are basically drunk out of their mind. They still manage to put on one hell of a show though, and a few girls---or guys, Kyungsoo couldn't tell---even slip in some green crinkled things---possibly money---into his and Baekhyun's pockets.

 

Guilt engulfs a conscious part of him when he realizes how wrong this is, doing the same thing Jongin did a few nights back. He doesn't want to stoop so low as to make him a hypocrite, eventhough they're not together anymore. But then the bruised part of him wants to feel better again, and though alcohol is the worst way to mend a broken heart, it's still better than moping around all day.

 

Getting all these men (?) riled up feels so wrong, yet so right at the same time. The performance ends before long, and when Kyungsoo wakes up the next morning, he finds himself lying on his bed back at home. Amazingly, his clothes are still intact, and his doesn't feel sore. No one ed him when he passed out then. Good.

 

But how did he get home in the first place? No one in the beta group is sober enough to have carried him. In fact, they were probably as wasted as he was....so how? Maybe someone amongst them had been sober enough. Hopefully. Or else nothing would make sense.

 

His head starts throbbing really badly as he tries to get up, and suddenly all he could think about at that moment is the aspirin supply kept inside the top left cabinet in the kitchen. He needs to get there before he unleashes the content in his stomach from the night before. And fast.

 

He stumbles out of bed when one of his legs got tangled in the sheets and consequently lands on his head. Ouch. Not a good start to a new day, but at least he's moving. He uses one hand to hold onto the nightstand for support and accidentally push a glass of clear water to the floor. Profinities are soon thrown out to curse his already bad morning before he realizes the pack of aspirin sitting on his nightstand. 

 

"Who?" He asks no one in particular and scans around his room. No one there but him.

 

Mystery person be damned. His head is hurting too much at the moment to care. He rushes off to the kitchen with the pack of aspirin in his hands and fills a new glass with water. Baekhyun and Jongdae are already there when he enters, looking rather disheveled with bags under their eyes, and hair sticking out everywhere. Kyungsoo would be lying to say that he's not as equally ed up this morning. He could already picture himself without having to look into a mirror.

 

"Morning." Kyungsoo greets them, in a deep hoarse voice still coated with sleep.

 

"I can see that." Jongdae pulls a face, sarcasm thick in his voice. He's obviously not happy for being woken up so early. "Yet, can someone please tell me why I'm here and not in bed sleeping?"

 

"You need to accompany me, Jongtroll. My head hurts, I don't know where the bloody aspirins are, and my is bleeding. Like who the me last night?! But I'm in too much pain to be traumatised right now. Aspirin, Kyungie, please."

 

There's no doubt that Kyungsoo is shocked to hear Baekhyun's remark. Someone literally his best friend! How could he not worry? But his head still feels hammered and Baekhyun obviously needs it too. Jongdae just looks sleepy. After the boys deal with their hangover, Kyungsoo puts his best friends back to bed and gets ready for the day. He's supposed to bring some international students on a tour around campus that day. SMU just HAD to do it on a bloody weekend! He would rather sleep, honestly.

 

And if he's not such a foul mood because of a stupid hangover that morning, he could have woken up early to get a good head start. But alas, the night didn't end well---or maybe it ended TOO well---and now he's just extremely pissed with all these useless tour programmes. SMU is not a ing forest, and they're signs everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Who could ever get lost in there?

 

With his shirt tucked in, a vest over it, belt buckled around his waist, black slacks free of any creases and a tie neatly tied around his neck, he heads over to the administration office after that and registers his name. "Do Kyungsoo." He says, clearing his throat when it comes out in a slur. The secretary eyes him warily for a second but didn't question him about it.

 

"You're in charge of Kim Kibum, Jung Soo Jung and Amber today." The lady says, with her glasses perched low on the bridge of her nose. "You can find them in the waiting area outside."

 

There are about ten new faces waiting outside when Kyungsoo exits the office. "Kim Kibum, Soojung, and Amber." He calls out.

 

Three faces step out, and one of them----god bless Kyungsoo's heart---is a familiar face. Too familiar in fact. "A-aren't you Key?" He asks, almost screeching out the name because----AAARGH!!! THIS IS KEY! AND HE'S STANDING THERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! How can he NOT fangirl over it?!----thank you God, thank you Jesus, thank you Mary, pigs could fly again. "SHINEE is JJANG!"

 

"Uh hi." Key answers, a little flustered. Kyungsoo happily----oh the joy!---shakes his hand (there's no way he's ever washing his hand ever again!) and turns to Amber and Soojung next. One of them is pretty, while the other looks like a boy. Maybe she IS a boy, but the name is very...girl-like. Um....

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. And I'll be showing you guys around today."

 

"Cool. I'm Amber." It's a girl, definitely. Eventhough her voice is deep, with a slight accent to it, but her smile is enough to pass her off as a girl.

 

"And I'm Soojung, but you can call me Krystal. Lead the way then, Kyungsoo oppa." Soojung says. She's nice, Kyungsoo thought. Very friendly. Then again, they all are.

 

Four of them walk out of the waiting area after that as Kyungsoo begins his tour. He's not aware that the alpha boys are walking just a few feet behind them though, as the boys make their way to the dance studio that morning. Jongin could see how happy he is, walking alongside another boy, and his heart clenches.

 

"Disgusting. Flirting around with men last night, allowing them to molest him, and yet he doesn't even bother to thank me for saving his sorry and carrying him home after that. Now he's talking to some ing guy like he's in love. What a ing hypocrite." Jongin mutters darkly. "I'm done with this ."

 

The others exchange worried glances before returning to their usual composed expressions. "What do you want us to do to him?"

 

"Make him suffer." Jongin says, before turning on his heels and leaving the guys behind. Eventhough they're not together officially anymore, it still hurts him to see Kyungsoo around other people. People who could potentially harm him. And he's totally not capable of fighting them off by himself. Jongin doesn't want to beg for forgiveness, not when he's not even sure if it's his fault. He did apologize for the night at the club after all, and now Kyungsoo almost did something he had done. Of course, he can't let that happen. He's still in love with Kyungsoo.

 

The guys follow him quietly, whispering out some plans amongst themselves. They will have to make Kyungsoo suffer a bit though, to make Jongin believe that they're on his side. Maybe seeing Kyungsoo in pain would make him realize his wrongdoings. The alpha boys can't be sure, but it's worth the try.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

Here's an update, guys. So sorry this took so long! AFF changed a lot of its settings. On another note, my holiday is almost over and my supposed hiatus might start soon. I will still update, but late. Hahahaha. No worries. The updates will be long.