Side Chapter: Baekyeol

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Guys, if you don't want to read this chapter, it's fine. It's separated from the main storyline. Just a small part for them. There will be a few more side chapters, I think. I don't want to write too long for one chapter. So I will break the side chapters down in few parts. Some for Baekyeol, some for XiuHan/Hunhan/Taohun, and some for Kray/KrisSuho (I don't know the OTP name for Kris and Suho). Taoris, you ask? Not doing that. Too much already. *head spinning*

 

Other pairings I'm not doing are...Chansoo, Baeksoo, Sekai and any pairings related to Chen. For me, he's too awesome to be gay. I want to have at least ONE straight character in this story. And last but not least, Krisoo? Probably an inkling of them later. Just a small part. XD , have I said too much? Anyway, here's an update!

 

 

______________________

 

 

Baekhyun knew about Chanyeol long before anyone noticed it. Chanyeol didn't have to be so secretive about his intentions, because it simply made him more obvious to Baekhyun. The thing about excelling in English Literature was that it made Baekhyun aware of the reasons behind the stuff people said to him and also the way they acted when they were about to say something important.

 

And Chanyeol had been stuttering a lot lately.

 

It had been one hell of a week for Chanyeol, trying to juggle an extremely hectic schedule between his basketball practice, his studies and of course, a certain someone named Byun Baekhyun. He still remembered the first time he saw Baekhyun, when the boy was running late for class and he accidentally bumped into Chanyeol's opened locker.

 

The giant was looking for his basketball shorts at the time. When he heard the metal sound of his locker hitting flesh, his first instinct was to help the poor retard. Who in the world could have missed a six feet tall giant anyway? There was plenty of space in the hallways for a person to run through, and Chanyeol wasn't THAT big to take up so much space.

 

That retard happened to be Byun Baekhyun, who had been so busy looking at his watch that he failed to see what was ahead of him. Books were stacked in his arms up to his chin, and he was trying to balance them out while he ran, praying that his legs won't fail him. He ran as fast as his legs would allow him, realizing that in ten minutes, he might probably be chosen to start off the group's presentation as punishment for being late.

 

But then, the inevitable THUD happened and Baekhyun found himself lying on the ground seconds later, under a pile of heavy textbooks and scattered papers. He didn't know what happened, but his head was throbbing like hell when he tried to get up. It felt like an axe literally split his head open.

 

A pair of hands yanked on his arms moments later, and brought him out of the darkness. It was Chanyeol, an Alpha male that Baekhyun had recognized all too well, and the big guy was looking at him worriedly. "H-hey, are you okay?" Chanyeol asked, tossing some of the heavy textbooks aside as he helped poor Baekhyun up.

 

Chanyeol's heart literally stopped at the sight of the boy's face and his feminine-like body. He had never seen a boy so....beautiful in his life.

 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Did he just dramatically fall in front of Chanyeol? Was it manly? Oh Christ, he hoped it was at least...elegant. It was too humiliating to think that he'd just fell like some dork with no sense of direction.

 

"I-I'm fine." He managed a squeak, cursing his own voice for failing him at a time like this.

 

Chanyeol basically pulled him up to his feet and randomly activated some taboo skinship between them when he dusted the invisible dirt off Baekhyun's shoulders. Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes at the moment. Park Chanyeol was TOUCHING him! And it was definitely not Baekhyun who started the skinship. He hoped the passing crowd could see that.

 

A crowd was slowly forming around them by then, and Baekhyun's cheeks flushed at the awkward situation he was in. They were gossiping in hushed tones amongst each other, obviously about Baekhyun's bad sides, and a few shot him some dirty looks. Yet, Chanyeol continued to check if Baekhyun was hurt, turning him back and front until he was satisfied that the boy was fine.

 

The Alpha male was genuinely worried that he had hurt Baekhyun, but he also knew that the boy was a Beta. He noticed the gathering crowd around them, and the way they spoke about Baekhyun in hushed tones. He just pretended like they were flies, and there was only him and this beautiful Beta boy. As he helped Baekhyun pick up all the scattered books and papers, someone's voice caught his attention, and he turned to meet this person with annoyance masked on his face.

 

"Oh, Chanyeollie, it's a surprise to see you here...." Jessica said, with a smirk gracing her face. "What's an Alpha doing with a Beta?"

 

Chanyeol immediately released Baekhyun from his grip. He didn't want to cause further trouble to Baekhyun, but the crowd (or more specificially, Jessica) obviously misinterpretated this. She was just out looking for gossip material, and Chanyeol happened to be there at the time. She didn't really like the giant, mainly because he was always hanging around Jongin, eventhough they were frat mates. For some reason, Chanyeol didn't strike her as an Alpha material. He was always too happy, too jolly to be an Alpha.

 

An Alpha was supposed to be ferocious, apparently.

 

Baekhyun didn't misunderstand Chanyeol's gesture, however. The giant gave him a sign. Or something that sort of felt like a sign. Just before he released his grip, Chanyeol squeezed his shoulder a little, and Baekhyun could see it in Chanyeol's eyes, the genuinity to defend him. Jessica was their enemy at the moment. And as much as Baekhyun hated the Alpha frat, he hated the Alpha sorrority even more actually.

 

"Leave him alone, Jess. Don't you have anything better to do this morning? Oh wait, I forgot." Chanyeol grinned then, and Baekhyun instantly saw the charm emanating from this guy. It was breathtaking, because Chanyeol made it seemed as if he hadn't a care in the world, but he obviously cared enough to stand up for him.

 

Chanyeol was actually defending him! WOW!

 

"I forgot that you don't actually do anything around here. I guess failure is your forte." Chanyeol said, earning him a quick slap from Jessica. The giant didn't budge though and Baekhyun saw the red mark bruising his cheek where Jessica's hand had intentionally landed. It made Baekhyun furious at the sight of it, but he didn't yell out his anger. He was still a beta, after all.

 

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun one last time before telling the Beta boy to leave. And Baekhyun did. He hated the idea of owing an Alpha anything, but he knew he needed to thank Chanyeol later. Oh well, what a morning it had been.

 

 

______________________

 

 

After that eventful morning three weeks back, Chanyeol was now pretty convinced that he was deeply in love with Baekhyun. It had been a puppy love at first, but that cute infatuation turned into weeks of endless stalking and missing out numerous soccer practice, and now he was turning into a hopeless romantic. Baekhyun was always so far out of reach and Chanyeol was too much of a coward to take the first step.

 

Kris was the first person to notice his behaviour change. He dragged Chanyeol into his bedroom one night and questioned the younger boy. "Tell me everything. No details spared." The taller giant ordered.

 

The slightly-shorter-but-still-tall-as- Chanyeol gave a curt nod and then spilled out everything. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. ABOUT. BAEKHYUN.

 

And Kris was amazed that Chanyeol managed to scoop out so much of information in the span of three weeks. Even to the most minute detail about Baekhyun digging his nose in class. "How the hell---no, were you stalking him?!" Kris asked, gaping at Chanyeol.

 

"Y-yeah...sort of." Chanyeol said and his cheeks burned as he admitted this. Kris was probably the only one Chanyeol dared to reveal his secret to. Jongin had been too busy blanking out lately, and Sehun was lost in his own world. Tao seemed distracted with Sehun and Yixing was...well, he was still Yixing. The quiet one. The one who understood everything, without having to ask anything. Yeah, Chanyeol thought about telling Yixing too.

 

"Wow....the amazing Park Chanyeol falling hard over a guy. Who knew." Kris smirked, leaning back against his study chair. "This is amusing."

 

"Sheesh, thanks a lot for making me feel better, hyung." Chanyeol retorted, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, please don't tell anyone yet. Well, you can tell Yixing-hyung. He's cool. But Jongin shouldn't know about this. I'll tell him myself...when I'm ready."

 

Kris simply nodded his head then. He understood well enough what Chanyeol meant. Jongin basically made the rules in the Alpha frat and one of them specifically said that the Alpha frat was not to mingle around with people that would ruin their reputation. No one dared to break that rule, and probably because of that reason, the Alpha frat managed to remain as the best frat in campus. 

 

It was all thanks to Jongin.

 

"Well, it's just some stupid rule, Yeollie ah. But I won't tell him. You should tone it down a little. Jongin is bound to notice that you've been skipping one too many soccer practice." Kris advised him, and Chanyeol returned a smile then.

 

He was glad his hyung could understand him. "And what should I do about Baekhyun now? I'm too afraid to approach him and he's always so busy."

 

"The time will come, Chanyeol. I'm positive of it. Just make sure you attend your classes and don't stay up too late."

 

They shared a brotherly hug after that, and Chanyeol immediately went to bed soon after. He was exhausted, eventhough he skipped his soccer practice again that day. Stalking Baekhyun really took a toll on him, but at least he was happy. Yeah, he was extremely happy.

 

 

_______________________

 

 

For the next one week, Chanyeol took Kris's advice to heart and actually attended all his classes again. It was difficult to juggle between his classes and still find time to see Baekhyun. But Lady Luck decided to give him a grand opportunity one afternoon, and it came in the form of Byun Baekhyun.

 

The boy was on his way to the library when he saw a familiar giant resting in the West Wing's garden. He checked to see if there was anyone around, and luckily for him, only a bunch of nerds were passing by the hallways at the time. He still owed Chanyeol his gratitude for the time Chanyeol defended him three weeks back. And for some odd reason, it was making him extremely nervous.

 

Ah, what the hell. It''s now or never, Baekhyun ah. Oh well, here goes nothing, Baekhyun thought as his legs started to move towards Chanyeol, approaching the giant one slow step at a time.

 

With no books in his arms this time, his plan to bolt straight away after he thanked Chanyeol became his main objective. All he had to do was say 'Thank You' and then run for his life. He hoped Chanyeol wasn't angry or upset that day, because then it would turn his effort into waste, and Baekhyun hated wasting time.

 

The giant was leaning back against the bench once he got closer, with earphones stuck to his ears. He was humming to some song Baekhyun didn't know and the latter could almost hear the faint music blaring through those earphones. Wow, was Chanyeol half deaf or something? He sat down beside Chanyeol and carefully reached out a hand. He planned to pull out one of those ear pieces but before he could do so, Chanyeol stirred from his seat and turned his head to the side.

 

Their eyes met, and Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat.

 

Chanyeol was so surprised to see Baekhyun there that he sat up quickly, pulling his earphones out in an instant. "Hey." He mouthed a smooth greeting, praising himself innerly for not looking like a fool.

 

"Uh, hey." Baekhyun greeted back, feeling a little flushed now. Despite hating the Alpha frat, Chanyeol was still a pretty hot figure in campus, eventhough Baekhyun would rather die than to admit that. "Sorry if I was bothering you."

 

"It's fine. W-what are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked, intending to sound cool at first, but he secretly winced at the stuttering that resulted instead.

 

"I just want to thank you. You know, for the time you saved my sorry . I would not have survived that if I was on my own." Baekhyun said, suppressing the urge to smile. He noticed the stutter of course. And he needed to confirm something. "Why did you do it though? You could have left me there and flee."

 

Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol then and goodness, the giant was sweating! "Why are you sweating so badly?"

 

Chanyeol was startled at the sudden inquiry. "Ah...aniyo, I was just cooling off earlier. Basketball practice and all, you know." Baekhyun nodded his head, pretending to understand. He wasn't into sports, so he rarely sweated in campus. It was just during his gym training sessions with the beta guys did he really sweat like a pig. But he wasn't about to admit that.

 

"You're always so passionate about sports." He shot a sweet smile at Chanyeol and saw the way the latter tensed at this.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand was mentally screaming, He noticed me?! in his head. It made him extremely happy when he heard it. Did Baekhyun really notice him? Or was it because he was an Alpha that all of the students in campus were bound to know this sooner or later? He hoped it was the first reason.

 

"T-thanks." Chanyeol replied, twiddling with thumb absentmindedly. "Anyway, to answer your question earlier, well...uh, I did it because it wasn't your fault in the first place and you didn't deserve to be treated like . Especially from Jessica, by no less."

 

"I headbutted your locker!" Baekhyun remarked."How is that not my fault?"

 

"Well, I didn't think you would acknowledge that fact." Chanyeol grinned then, his teeth glistening white under the bright afternoon sun.

 

Baekhyun blushed, mentally slapping himself. Good going there, Baekhyun. You've just embarrassed yourself. "Well, you took the blow at the end. And I can't always run away from my....uh, humiliation. But thanks again, by the way."

 

"N-no problem." Chanyeol blushed this time, basically confirming Baekhyun's suspicion. So it wasn't just his imagination playing tricks on him these past few days. Someone was actually watching him secretly, and as much as he wanted to believe it wasn't Chanyeol, the giant was not making his doubts go away anytime soon. 

 

A small part inside him actually liked the fact that he was wanted, eventhough it creeped him out to know that it was a guy, not some stunning hot chick with a doll face. But Chanyeol actually looked good when he smiled (and hot when he wasn't), so Baekhyun considered himself lucky it wasn't some erted old man who cleaned toilets for a living. Yeah, he didn't want to recall those cringing memories of the college's janitor hitting on him.

 

Right now, an Alpha held an interest for him, because really, all that stuttering...Baekhyun had to be ing stupid to not notice the signs.

 

"I'm surprised...." Baekhyun said, sort of a random remark that made Chanyeol look at him quizzically.

 

But it didn't last long though, because right after that, Baekhyun asked, "Do you like me, Park Chanyeol?" He meant to be bold, because he wasn't one to beat around the bushes. And this question certainly startled the giant sitting next to him. Chanyeol stared at him for a long time, and if Baekhyun had to be dramatic about this; time stopped, Bach music playing in the background, fireworks erupting somewhere above their heads....you know, the typical cliche drama effects.

 

 

In the end, instead of waiting for a reply, Baekhyun asked the next question in his head, "Do you want to go out with me?" and that basically jolted Chanyeol out from his stupor.

 

"W-what?"

 

"Like a date. Let's go on a date. Just you and me. We could get to know each other." Baekhyun sort of liked looking at Chanyeol's surprised face, so this suggestion was purely out of curiousity. He wanted to see Chanyeol's reaction, but he didn't mind the idea of dating an Alpha, eventhough he loathed it a few days ago. After all, Chanyeol was good-looking, with a killer reputation on campus, and the captain of SM University's soccer team. 

 

"I-I...uh, I g-guess." Chanyeol's head was spinning. Baekhyun was actually asking him out. HIM! PARK CHANYEOL. With. BAEKHYUN. Oh gosh...was this a dream?

 

"Cool. It's a date then. Meet me in front of the gates tomorrow evening, if you're free that is."

 

"I'm free!" Chanyeol burst out, furiously nodding his head. "I'll be there. Six o'clock?"

 

"Yeah. Perfect. I'll be done with my literature class by then. See you, Chanyeol." Baekhyun said as he got up from the bench, suppressing his urge to laugh at the younger boy. That derp face Chanyeol was giving him at the moment was just too adorable. Did he even realize how childish he looked like right now, with that large smile plastered on his face? Baekhyun wondered about this.

 

And Chanyeol was obviously too happy to care about his face. He watched happily as Baekhyun walked back to his dorm, before skipping back to his own frat house. Literally skipping.

 

It was only when Jongin opened the door did Chanyeol realize that he had just broken the first rule made by the Alpha frat. He quickly hid away the stupid grin on his face and stepped inside. "Why are you so happy?" Jongin asked.

 

Chanyeol tensed a little. "W-what do you mean?" He asked, turning around to meet his friend.

 

"You were grinning. I saw you." Jongin remarked warily.

 

"Is it a crime to be happy? I'm called a Happy Virus for a reason."

 

Jongin snickered at this. "Did you get laid or something? The last time you looked this happy was because that girl you liked in that god-awful Science class talked to you, and agreed to blow you off in the toilet."

 

Chanyeol grinned as memories of that day flashed across his mind. He didn't think it was easy to get a girl from one of those geeky courses. But everyone knew how good-looking Chanyeol was, and they dared him to make the first move. "She would have ripped off my if someone didn't come in and interrupt our steamy session."

 

"Hey, I admit she was good in bed. Sort of like a naughty teacher, you know." Jongin chuckled at this. Chanyeol was just glad the subject wasn't on him anymore. He didn't want Jongin to know that he was secretly going out with Baekhyun tomorrow evening.

 

"Good night, Jongin ah. I'm off to bed. See you at practice tomorrow."

 

"Night, derpyeol."

 

 

__________________________

 

 

Ok, I'm not sure about this chapter. But I sort of like Baekyeol here. I hope you do too. I'm still not good at writing them, but I'm trying. Seriously.

 

Baek's smile is so cute when he's around Channie.