Heartbreaks ed Them Over

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Jongin stared at his bedroom wall for way too long that day. After bawling his eyes out all night, it seemed that his tears had dried up almost completely.

 

He didn't move when Chanyeol rapped on his door, demanding him to get his out NOW. He didn't flinch when Tao attempted a break in, but failed miserably after twisting his ankle. He heard the commotion outside as all his other fraternity mates gathered around the whimpering mess in front of his door. But he didn't bother to check if Tao was okay.

 

He folded his knees up to his chest and sobbed bitterly. Ah, there were still some tears left in him. He didn't mean to ignore his friends, but right now, all he wanted was to be alone, to forget about the pain of yesterday's break-up. There was a sudden sharp knock, and then Sehun's voice echoed through the thin layer of his door.

 

"Jongin ah.....if you need us, we'll be outside waiting for you." He uttered, causing a pang of guilt to shoot through Jongin's heart. How much more pain did he have to endure before things got better?

 

He wasn't even sure if the first pain was his fault to begin with. Kyungsoo pointed out nothing before he slipped the ring off his finger and shoved it into Jongin's hand. Jongin saw the tears pooling in Kyungsoo's eyes, the tremble of his lips as he mouthed out weakly, "This is over" before turning on his heels and rushed away.  

 

He should have chased after his boyfriend, but he was so afraid of making things worse. Ah, ! When did things get so ed up? He tried to remember the last time he made a mistake.

 

There was one time he accidentally spreaded wasabi in all of his boyfriend's sandwich, because hell, it looked like mustard. The only difference was the colour. Was there even such a thing as green mustard? Vegetarian mustard was probably green. Wait, was there even such thing as vegetarian mustard? Ugh! That was a one-time fail in attempting to feed his boyfriend. And Kyungsoo cried it off with laughter anyway. He wasn't angry at Jongin. And Jongin couldn't care less that Kyungsoo's friends were hurling out the contents of their stomach after taking the first three bites.

 

Wasabi was probably the worst excuse to end a relationship.

 

So why did Kyungsoo break up with him then? Tears sprang to his eyes in full force once more and he rubbed them off with his hand. IT ALL! He hated being so vulnerable. He was an Alpha, for pity's sake! An Alpha would not spend ten hours in his room, bawling like a baby. He still had a reputation to keep, girls to pleasure, and GOD, Kyungsoo made him into such a mess.

 

He didn't understand why Kyungsoo would do such a thing. After all, their relationship was still kept behind the closet. No one in campus knew about them, except the Alpha and Beta fraternities, and that was taking a lot of effort already. Kyungsoo had been fine about it for six months, and suddenly, out of nowhere, he decided to break up.

 

Like, WHAT THE ?! Screw it all, men don't cry. Jongin got out of bed after that and decided to take a shower. He needed it after all. It was time to put his back together again. If Kyungsoo didn't want him, then that nerd and his nerd buddies, Jongin was better off alone. He had his own set of friends to appease anyway.

 

"Welcome back to the light." Sehun said the moment Jongin stepped out from his room, eyes bloodshot and dark bags visible under them.

 

Tao came over without saying a word and hugged Jongin tightly, rubbing his back to soothe the younger boy. Jongin felt better to be honest, because all he missed feeling this warmth. The others gave him a symphathetic look before coming over to engulf him in a large embrace. And for a long time, the boys stayed this way.

 

"It's okay, Jongin ah. Those geeks had no idea what's coming for them. I won't allow them to hurt anyone from our fraternity." Kris said, grinning ear to ear once they pulled back from their embrace. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes, a sign that something was about to erupt. And no one messed with Kris when he was angry.

 

Jongin said nothing, because a broken heart deserved to go two-ways, right? And the thought of Kyungsoo celebrating their break-up was too much to bear.

 

"We'll give them the punishment they're worth, with a little fun on our side." Chanyeol added, with a smile.

 

"And we'll make sure Kyungsoo beg for an apology." Yixing finished, earning him an acknowledged nod from the others.

 

It was all for the best, Jongin thought. He trusted his fraternity mates. And he wanted to stop feeling so miserable. It was all for the best.

 

________________________________

 

Kyungsoo was still crying in Jongdae's arms the next morning. Everytime he tried to say something, tears welled up in his eyes, and all he could do was choke out the words. Leaving Jongin was such a painful memory in his heart, and he would not have done it if Jongin would just realize the hurt he caused Kyungsoo all these months.

 

Sleeping around with other women for the sake of upholding their fraternity's reputation, denying their relationship publicly, but having the balls to scold Kyungsoo for being so close to his own fraternity mates, was just too much of control for Kyungsoo to handle. No matter how many times he tried telling Jongin that it hurt him, the younger boy waved it off as a mindless rant and that broke Kyungsoo's heart.

 

He wanted his boyfriend to realize how much he loved him. But he can't keep living like this. To be the mistress in their relationship, to know that Jongin allowed the whole world to touch him except Kyungsoo, and to see his boyfriend sashaying around with some bimbo from the sorority next door. This was not how he imagined his relationship with Jongin would be when he finally gathered enough courage to fess up on his feelings.

 

It hurt him.

 

It really really hurts.

 

Jongdae whispered soothing words into his ear, rubbing his back as Kyungsoo cried an ocean the whole time. The others were either standing or sitting around in his room, watching Kyungsoo with tears in their eyes. They weren't ers when it came to heartfelt emotions and tears, but with Kyungsoo crying his eyes out for the last ten hours, it saddened their hearts to see him so vulnerable and pained.

 

And there was nothing they could do but wait.

 

"Kyungsoo ah...." Jongdae muttered, combing back a few loose strands of hair from Kyungsoo's face. "We have classes today, and we'll be late if we don't get ready now."

 

"I haven't slept all night." Baekhyun suddenly said, and it was the first thing he said after four hours of silence. They gave up trying to calm Kyungsoo down because anything they said simply made the boy cry harder. So they waited for him to calm down, and eventually, sleep was thrown out the window. They all had Trust Law that day, and right after was Vocal lessons, finishing off with Practical Autonomy for the day.

 

It would be a very tiring day for the boys, and no one wanted to skip those classes. Missing one day meant spending the whole week studying extra for it.

 

Kyungsoo felt so guilty for making his friends stay up with him all night that he finally gathered all his energy to get up from Jongdae's lap. "Y-yeah, let's go." He choked out, and goddamnit! Why can't his tears just stop coming out? He figured that after ten hours, it should have dried out of him. But nooooo....it was still spilling out his eyes, and god, it made his eyes hurt so much, and now he had to attend class in such a sorry state.

 

Really, he felt so pathetic. Jongin would have laughed at him by then. And because he wasn't the type to comfort a crying man, he might as well skip off with some bimbo and ignore Kyungsoo completely. The thought of it brought fresh tears in Kyungsoo's eyes.

 

"Ah, not again! Can you not think too much? He's a ing for doing all that to you, and he doesn't deserve to be in the recesses of your mind." Baekhyun snapped, crossing his arms when tears trailed down Kyungsoo's cheeks.

 

The other guys shot him a quick glare before returning their attention to Kyungsoo. The younger boy sniffled, because Baekhyun was right. Until Jongin realized his mistake, there was no way Kyungsoo should cry for him. "L-Let's go then." He said softly. "I'm sorry. For keeping you guys up all night."

 

"Well, it kept me occupied with something." Luhan suddenly remarked, grinning at the disgusted look on his fraternity mates' faces.

 

"Ew! What the man?! How was it even possible for you to get a in this situation?!" Joonmyeon shrieked.

 

"I'm a guy. There are ways." He suddenly pulled out an old Playboy magazine from under Kyungsoo's study desk and showed it to the guys. Kyungsoo felt a blush rising up his face and tinting his cheeks in pink, but he uttered nothing in return.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae curiously strolled over to see the contents of this said magazine. Joonmyeon simply shook his head and face-palmed his forehead. Really, these idiots! And they were supposed to be the smartest fraternity on campus. Minseok was just staring at all of them, jaw dropped and eyes wide. In all honesty, he liked the fact that Kyungsoo had stopped crying so hard, even if it meant producing weird o freaks. 

 

"Anyway, I'm keeping this ." Luhan said, smirking at Kyungsoo. "You've got some good collection down there, Kyunggie."

 

They got ready for classes after that, and the boys made sure Kyungsoo did not stray from their sights. Ever. He might commit suicide or something. It was just a possibility but no one was taking any chances. In their hearts, they prayed that they did not have to meet the Alpha fraternity so early in the morning. It was barely eight by then, and no one was in the mood of being nice and happy. They were sleepy as hell and their classes were too difficult for their brains to handle with interventions along the way.

 

Ah, such was their life.

 

__________________________

 

I'm not sorry for cursing too much. It suits the environment I guess. Because that's how my college life is, minus the whole fraternity part. I don't have that. I don't even have a campus. Like seriously, what kind of college is that?

 

Ok, for those who have no idea about the difference between a college and university, well, here's my explanation of it. There's really no obvious differences except the fact that a university is supposed to be bigger and it should have like...a gazillion subjects to choose from. A college have very limited space and subjects. But in this fic, it's equal. I can call it a college because they are doing their degrees. And I could call it a university because there's a campus and .

 

I'm just too lazy to write out 'university' the whole time. It's longer than 'college'. Yeah, spank me for being such an . :p

 

Ohhh....I actually enjoyed writing this fic. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it.