Side Chapter: Baekyeol 3

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

"Bacon baby...." A familiar deep voice calls out to Baekhyun one fine afternoon, and the beta boy almost trips over his own foot when he suddenly stops so abruptly.

 

A hand catches his arm before he falls though, and turns him around sharply. Their eyes instantly meet at first gaze, and Baekhyun could see that Chanyeol is upset. "Careful there. You almost fell." The giant warns him firmly, despite the sad tone in his voice.

 

"W-what are you doing here?"

 

They are now standing inside an empty music room. Thankfully, Baekhyun's class ended ten minutes ago, and everyone filed out the moment their music teacher announced their dismissal. But Baekhyun usually takes his time to arrange back all his notes into his bag, so by the time he's done, it's no suprise that the room is empty. Chanyeol's sudden appearance, however, is a suprise.

 

"We need to talk, Baekkie." The tall male says, lowering his head slightly. His grip on Baekhyun's arm doesn't weaken though. It feels as though he needs to keep holding on to his lover, afraid that Baekhyun would suddenly take off into a sprint. But the older boy doesn't seem like he's about to run off anytime soon, so Chanyeol could at least loosen his death grip a little. He's almost afraid to ask the next thing. "A-are you breaking up with me?" He asks, voice cracking.

 

Baekhyun could only widen his eyes, more surprised than mad at Chanyeol's sudden inquiry. Why is he the one who is upset when he clearly just cheated on me two nights ago? The older boy wonders. He slowly takes Chanyeol's hand into his and stares at those calloused fingers now resting on his hand. "Chanyeol, do you even remember what you did two nights ago?"

 

The lanky male tilts his head up in an instant, meeting Baekhyun's face again. There's a pained expression on the elder's face now, while he twiddles his thumb against Chanyeol's palm. For a moment, Chanyeol almost believes that Baekhyun is about to cry, so he quickly figures out an explanation that could end all this misunderstanding they're having. The problem is that he doesn't even know what he did two nights ago. It was all a blur. He only remembered waking up in the middle of an empty bus stop, with a killer hangover, and an urge to eat bagels.

 

Yeah, call him crazy, but Chanyeol isn't the type who ponders on nights filled with alcohol, women and . 

 

He'd rather spend some quality time with the people he loves, because those moments are worth to be called memories. But at the moment, not knowing what really went down in the club that night was making him all squirmy and uncomfortable inside. He must have done something that had hurt Baekhyun really badly, but he couldn't in the world remember what he did. It's frustrating, to say the least.

 

"I really don't know, baby. Please...at least tell me what I did wrong."

 

The pained look on Baekhyun's face intensifies at his request. "You touched that girl, you ing ! You allowed her to touch you. I saw you guys made out in the bus stop outside after that and...and, just off from my life, Park Chanyeol. I don't need a boyfriend who lies to my face." Baekhyun shakes off the grip on his arms and slings his back over his shoulder.

 

"Baekhyun, wait. Wait, hold on a minute, let me explain. Please," Chanyeol pleads, blocking the doorway immediately so that Baekhyun can't get out.

 

"Move the out of my way, Chanyeol." The older boy demands, shooting Chanyeol a hard glare.

 

"I don't remember anything, and I'm sorry, Baek. Really! I wouldn't have done all that if I was aware of my actions."

 

"You wouldn't have done all that if you were aware of my presence. you and your lies, Chanyeol. You knew what people do in clubs. You of all people should know very well the things they serve in your drinks, and how touchy-feely the es there would get. Heck, you can't even stand your alcohol. Yet, you still went off to a club with your ing alpha buddies and probably downed a couple of shots along the way. It's like you were inviting people to touch you. And now you're giving me some stupid excuse about not remembering anything and we both know that's not the point here. I don't give two s whether you remember what happened or not. I'm just saying that you would have known the consequences from the very beginning."

 

"I'm a college student. These kind of things are what normal college students do." Chanyeol defensively argues back, and Baekhyun actually feels tears welling up in his eyes when he sees the slightly angry look on Chanyeol's face now.

 

"So it doesn't matter whether we're in a relationship, isn't it? Just because you're a college student, you could go around freely like you did, not bothered about how your own ing boyfriend would feel when you do things behind his back." Tears are now streaming down his cheeks, and Chanyeol's world literally crumbles at the sight. He's really done it this time.

 

He made Baekhyun cry.

 

"Just because you're a college student...." Baekhyun trails off, wiping away his tears with his sleeve. "Try putting yourself in my shoes then, Park Chanyeol. For once. How would you feel if I suddenly make-out with some random strangers in front of your eyes? You would have hated me, wouldn't you?"

 

"I-I won't...."

 

"Don't ing lie to me again. And if you think I'm being too clingy, well I'm sorry for being your boyfriend then." The sentence is basically the deathblow to Chanyeol's crumbling heart. Everything is destroyed now, every defensive barrier he has placed around himself at the beginning of their conversation. What else could he say as an excuse? Baekhyun inhales a sharp, quivering breath before shoving him aside. But the giant would not budge. "Please move, Chanyeol. I don't want to hate you anymore than I already do."

 

"You can't hate me, Baekhyun...." Chanyeol mutters softly, tears trailing down his cheeks now. He pins his lover in place by the shoulders, much to Baekhyun's weak protests, and rests their foreheads together. It pains him to see Baekhyun sobbing so bitterly. "We love each other too much to hate one another."

 

A large part in Baekhyun's heart curses Chanyeol for seeing right through him. He knows he could never hate the giant, but he didn't expect his lover to point that out. And now that he did....oh gosh, what a mess! What's going to happen now? Baekhyun would never be able to forgive the younger male so easily, not after seeing what Chanyeol did with his own eyes. It takes a lot of effort to even stand there right then, with their faces so close to each other. It's like dousing alcohol on an open wound, and to see it so red and raw after that.

 

"Well, I don't exactly like you eit----" Baekhyun couldn't finish his sentence on time, because Chanyeol's lips are suddenly on his. There's a tinge of remorse, desperation and guilt in the kiss, because Baekhyun could tell the younger's lips are quivering from the way he sloppily brushes their lips together. More tears are also staining his cheeks, rolling down into the kiss, until Baekhyun could taste the saltiness of it.

 

Even though the kiss has a little force into it, it's not the kind of rough force they usually share when they had . This one is raw, fueled with the need to tell how sorry he is for hurting the person he loves. And Baekhyun's heart eventually caves in, reciprocating the kiss with a gentle flick of his tongue. Chanyeol allows him entry immediately, and Baekhyun shoves his tongue in to deepen their kiss.

 

When they finally pull apart, both of them are panting for air. Chanyeol is the first to speak. "I'm really sorry for hurting you, Baek. You're right. I didn't think about my actions before I did it. And I would have hated to see you making out with another person. That excuse about me being a college student..."

 

"You can't help being who you are, I guess." Baekhyun sighs.

 

"No no, it's not that. I mean, it was who I was. But after you came along, you're the only one that matters in my heart. That whole make-out session, I wouldn't have done it at all if I was sober. I would never just hurt you like that. You have no idea how long it took me to get you---"

 

"What?"

 

"----and I'm not about to throw away the memories of our last six months just for a night of fun. To be honest, I have the most fun with you than I ever had with other people---"

 

"Including Jongin?"

 

"---including Jongin." Chanyeol chuckles, remembering the night Baekhyun found him and Jongin tangled in a bush somewhere, having apprently fell from a tree when they tried to spy on their two angels. "So please give me another chance, Baekhyun. I won't mess it up ever again. I think it hurts me more to see you cry like that. I'd rather have you nagging at me any day, but not tears."

 

"I'm your kryptonite."

 

Chanyeol tries to ignore the geeky pun, but he can't help laughing at it in the end. At least Baekhyun is back in his arms, eventhough the smile on his face is still a little reluctant. No matter. Chanyeol will never make the same stupid mistake again. "I love you, Byun Bacon."

 

"Are you asking for a death wish?" Baekhyun retorts, with a deadpan look on his face.

 

"No, not really. But if I die, at least it's in your arms." Chanyeol remarks, causing a small blush to form on the other's cheeks.

 

"You're an idiot sometimes, I swear. Now, answer my question. What did you mean when you said you took a long time to get me?" Chanyeol wraps an arm around Baekhyun then, a goofy smile on his face. There's a lot to tell, it seems. And Chanyeol would rather do it over dinner.

 

"Let's get some sushi first, bacon baby."

 

 

____________________________

 

 

They're together again! Hunhan next? Or Kaisoo?