Noona of the Year

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Day 4

 

If there's one person that Kyungsoo admires most besides his crazy best friends on campus, it's Jongin's older sister, Joonmi noona. 

 

She's a force to be reckoned with, because while she's not busy fussing over her children's welfare, she'll make her presence noticed in so many other ways, and there's really no getting around her. So when she decides it's high time to visit her baby brother in Korea, Taemin could only agree to tag along. Her children are excited to see their uncle again too, but her husband has to stay behind because of work.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen in surprise when Joonmi suddenly appears in front of the beta frat's door., hair dyed to a bright blue colour that reminds Kyungsoo of the sky, her eyes a soft green of grass during spring, and a strikingly large smile is etched on her face, that resembles Jongin in ways that surprised Kyungsoo before. Other than her hair, everything else resembles Jongin which could easily recognize her as his sister, especially their lips. Kyungsoo regards it as '- lips', and out of amazement, he realizes that both of them had done it before.

 

Joonmi is already married with two kids, one more coming soon in seven months. Jongin used to make love to him every night before their unfortunate breakup, and was in at least one of the activities they practice each time.

 

"Joonmi noona, what brings you here?" 

 

"To see you, of course. You silly boy. I texted you, remember?"

 

Kyungsoo has a confused look on his face, but he couldn't question her further. She suddenly shoves three heavy baggages into the living room, and orders Taemin to hurry up. The poor boy has to drag both her children out of the car, specifically Jonggu, and bring them up to the house. Jongsu is still asleep in Taemin's arm when he finally enters the living room, and Jonggu is too busy checking out the house to care about other people. The once quiet and tranquil frat house has suddenly become a noisy playground for the three year old. And with Joonmi still screaming orders at the chaffeur and Taemin, it starts to resemble a lot like a marketplace too.

 

Kyungsoo ends up taking the babysitter duty while he watches Taemin run around like a dog, feeling sorry for the boy already.

 

"You sure you don't need help?" Kyungsoo asks in English. He has to practice the language sooner or later, and Taemin is the best recipient.

 

The tired male smiles back at him, and shakes his head. "It's fine. I got this. I don't see why Joonmi has to trouble you of all people, but I guess she just likes you too much. She could have gone over to Jongin's place."

 

"I don't mind really. Does Jongin know?"

 

"I doubt it. She says it's a surprise, but I'm not sure for whom. Since she just told me, like ten minutes ago, that we'll be staying at your place, I guess the surprise is meant for Jongin. We've never done this before...I mean, coming here for a few nights stay. We'll always stay at a hotel nearby."

 

Kyungsoo could more or less understand the situation a little more, but he still doesn't understand why she needs to surprise Jongin. It's not like there's a special occasion for it.

 

"Kyungsoo, I hope we're not troubling you so much." Joonmi remarks sweetly. "Don't tell Jongin we're here, ok? I want to see how he does in college, and the principal allowed me to stay here a few nights, since this is the only frat house left with extra rooms. I'll be taking one room with my children, and Tae here can take another room with our chaffeur. You do have enough rooms, right?"

 

"Yeah, we have five extras actually." Two of which have been stained with night time activites. But Kyungsoo doesn't voice out his thoughts. Luhan will have to abstain from a few days or suffer Joonmi's wrath. The thought of it puts a smile on Kyungsoo's face. Thanks to Joonmi, he might actually be able to sleep well for the next few nights. "This way, noona." He passes Jongsu back to the mother, and helps with the baggages instead.

 

The rooms are directily beside his, and the sizes are reasonably big too, enough to fit more than three people inside. Since no one uses the rooms much, except Luhan and Baekhyun, they've been kept clean in case someone suddenly comes over for a stay. It's a good thing Minseok remembered to clean it a few nights back.

 

"This one is slightly bigger than the second one, so you should take this room, noona. I'm sleeping in the one beside yours."

 

Joonmi gives him a paternal smile when she sees Jongin's pictures on his door. "I can tell."

 

He blushes for a moment, and quickly shows Taemin to his room. "And this is yours. I hope your stay here will be memorable. If you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen. I need to finish off some assignments before my class tonight."

 

"Does Jongin come here often?"

 

"Sometimes. He's too stubborn to take no for an answer. But he has basketball practice today, so I don't think he'll come by. I'll just let the rest of my housemates know that you're here."

 

"Thank you, Soo." Joonmi chirps. "Anyway, I have a favour to ask you after I put my children to bed. They're a bit worn out from the travel, these little cuties. And could you watch them for me, Tae? I won't take long, I promise."

 

"Fine." Taemin huffs. "I planned to meet up an old friend actually. But I could postpone it to later."

 

"Thank you!" Joonmi beams, ruffling his hair. "You're such an awesome cousin, do you know that?"

 

"No surprise there." He smirks, earning a playful punch on the arm for his cheekiness.

 

Kyungsoo watches the warm interaction between them and feels a little jealous inside. He misses his own older brother, who is currently traveling the world as a renowned photographer. Both their parents are retirees, living in Ilsan on a pension, so occasionally, Kyungsoo would go home to visit them. But he hasn't seen his own brother for almost five years, and he's starting the miss all the things they used to do when they were little.

 

"I'll be in the kitchen, ok?" Kyungsoo says, allowing Joonmi and Taemin to deal with their own stuff first. He doesn't want to stand in the way.

 

"Alright. See you in a bit." Joonmi says.

 

_______________________

 

In a bit is about one hour later, after Joonmi puts her children to bed, and Taemin is comfortably seated in the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream in front of him. At least Kyungsoo's glad that he's not late for class, but he has the biggest urge to slap Jongin's sister back to her room for dressing conspicously, as if it's not obvious enough that her presence here is to spy on Jongin.

 

With that stupid scarf tied around her head---bright pink, mind you---and a pair of ing large sunglasses that covers up almost half of her face, it's bound to attract unwanted attention sooner or later. She's also wearing a cute, frilly summer dress that really doesn't suit the current season. It's heading into winter soon, and people are already wearing coats when they venture out.

 

"Noona, are you serious?" He asks, eyeing her with one eyebrow raised.

 

"Dead serious." She deadpans.

 

"She's totally serious." Taemin adds from the kitchen. "Took us an hour to find that silly dress and scarf."

 

"It's cold outside, noona. You should at least put on a coat."

 

"You don't have to chide me, Kyungsoo. I'm old enough to know what I'm doing."

 

"She doesn't!"

 

"Shut up, Lee Taemin, or I'll shove all that ice cream into your ."

 

Kyungsoo loses the energy to argue afterwards, opting to head off to class as fast as possible instead. He might be able to lose Joonmi noona along the way, but the thought is so cruel that he pushes it away immediately. There's no point of treating her like just because she decides to dig her own grave. "Let's go, noona. I'll be late."

 

They head off to the east side of the campus instead, since going through the main entrance is a big no-no. Kyungsoo just hopes that Jongin isn't there when they sneak into through the east entrance later.

 

_______________________

 

He is.

 

"Oh my gosh, there he is!" Joonmi gasps beside Kyungsoo as they're about to enter the east entrance. The latter simply shrugs in return, somehow expecting Jongin to be there anyway even though he hoped otherwise.

 

"Wanna head the other way instead?"

 

"No, I want to follow him and see what he's doing."

 

"He's having basketball practice soon. We can sneak into the gym and hide under the bleachers."

 

"Perfect plan. Let's go over now before he sees us."

 

Kyungsoo is forced to sneak around with Joonmi for the next twenty minutes, making sure no one from the alpha frat sees them. But alas, things don't always go the way they want it to be, and they end up stumbling into Chanyeol, the derp who's dating Baekhyun, who also happens to be there with a death grip around his boyfriend's arm.

 

"Kyungie poo! There you are!" The brunette chirps, letting go of Chanyeol immediately to pounce on Kyungsoo.

 

"Hey Soo." Chanyeol greets. That's when he sees Joonmi and his eyes widen like two saucers. "Noona?!"

 

"Oh hey Chanyeol. It's been a long time."

 

Baekhyun lets go of Kyungsoo to look at Joonmi before turning back to his boyfriend, who still has that fish-out-of-water look. "Do you know her, Channie bear?"

 

"She's Jongin's sister, Joonmi noona." The giant starts, closing the distance between him and Joonmi to give her a quick hug. It has been a long time. Almost a year since he last saw Joonmi. "This is Baekhyun, my boyfriend." He introduces the shorter boy after pulling away.

 

Baekhyun blushes a little, taking her hand to shake it. "Nice to meet you, noona. I'm Byun Baekhyun, fellow fratmate of Kyungsoo. We're also in the same class."

 

"Nice to meet you too, Baekkie. Oh, you're such a cutie. Well, anyway, we'll have to keep our introductions short. I need to be somewhere else right now actually. Chanyeol, can you do noona a favor and keep my presence here a secret?" Joonmi requests.

 

There's a puzzled look on Chanyeol's face, but Kyungsoo immediately steps in to explain. "She's here to check on Jongin actually, but she doesn't want him to find out. It's just for a few days. By the way, Baek, Joonmi is staying over at our house for a couple of days, with her children and Taemin."

 

"Who's Taemin?"

 

"My cousin." Joonmi answers. "I can't leave him in England. He'll be miserable for sure. Plus he misses his friends here, so I agree to take him along if he agrees to watch over my kids when I'm away."

 

"Sounds like a cool guy to me." Baekhyun remarks. "I'm good with kids myself."

 

This draws in a surprised gasp from Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo decides to leave before he has to hear another mushy compliment about Baekhyun. "Come on, noona. Let's go before Jongin sees us."

 

They leave immediately, and when Kyungsoo looks behind to take one final glance on the couple, they're already making out in the middle of the hallway.

 

____________________

 

The bleachers turn out to be surprisingly convenient place to hide. No one could see or hear them, but they could see everything through the slits between the seats. The basketball team are just about to get started, still warming up for the game.

 

Kyungsoo checks his watch and realizes that it's almost time for his class to start. "Noona, I need to go. My class is starting."

 

"Ok then Soo. I'll be here watching the game if you need me."

 

He's pretty sure he doesn't, but he can't help worry for her at the same time. "Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?"

 

"Oh shush. I'm perfectly fine, as you can see."

 

"Alright then. I'll see you in two hours. Text me if you need anything, noona."

 

He leaves her afterwards, making his way to class. Two hours slip by without a hitch, and by the time the professor announces their dismissal, Kyungsoo already has his bag packed and ready to leave. He tells his fratmates to go back without him first because he needs to check on Joonmi. Surprisingly, she's still there when he sneaks under the bleachers.

 

"Noona, you haven't gone home yet." He states, matter-a-factly, and she nods.

 

"It's actually really exciting. I didn't know he could play so well."

 

"Yeah. He's great in this." He says, expression softening at the sight of Jongin scoring the winning goal. Jongin's team ends up winning the match with one point ahead of the other, so it does seem like a great match to watch. But it's only too bad that Kyungsoo had class earlier. He would have enjoyed spying on Jongin with Joonmi noona.

 

"Let's head back before they leave. I'm cooking dinner tonight." Kyungsoo says. And there's a large smile plastered on Joonmi's face at the mention of food. Even though she's a great cook herself, it's nice to have a change of cook once a while.

 

They immediately leave before the basketball team leaves, and neither one of them notices the lopsided grin on Jongin's face when he finds Kyungsoo walking out with a woman dressed in a familiar summer dress. He calls Chanyeol and Sehun over to tell them about it.

 

"Guess who I just saw a few seconds ago." Jongin says.

 

Sehun gives him the typical I-don't-give-a- look, but there's a conflicted look on Chanyeol's expression, and Jongin picks up on this instantly. "So you know, hyung?"

 

". Does this mean you know?"

 

"Know what? What are you talking about?" Sehun asks.

 

"Joonmi noona. She's here." Chanyeol answers, sighing heavily. "It's supposed to be a secret for you, Jongin. I guess it doesn't matter now. Are you going to see her?"

 

"Of course. Tonight, for sure. You guys are coming along too. Text the others."

 

_______________________

 

 

"Son of a---!!!"

 

"Beeeeeeep!!!!"

 

" off Luhan, put my ing spatula down." Kyungsoo screeches, hell broken loose in the kitchen twenty minutes ago when Xi ing Luhan and Byun ing Baekhyun decides to ruin everything. Well, technically, as Luhan has argued, it's not ruining when one intends to help one's frat member with the cooking.

 

But Kyungsoo would have no nonsense when it comes to his kitchen, and now the ing casserole is burning.

 

"Motherf----"

 

"Beeeeeeep!!!" Jongdae's voice joins the chaos a second later, while Kyungsoo is still busy screeching his lungs out to Luhan to ing give the spatula back. "And don't you dare add ramen flavoring to my kimchi soup, Byun !"

 

Baekhyun lets out a whimperish whine. "But it'll taste better with it!"

 

"Back away from the stove right now, and Jongdae, you off too. Don't encourage him."

 

He makes a beeline for Luhan and throws himself over the Chinese male, both boys tumbling to the cold tiled floor after that. Kyungsoo has all his weight on Luhan, trying to wrench the spatula away, but the latter insists on helping Kyungsoo.

 

"God won't help you unless you help yourself." He says.

 

"How is that even related to anything?!" Kyungsoo yells back. "Give it back to me, Lulu!"

 

"No! Until you let me help you, I won't give it back."

 

"Wow, you guys are really something." Taemin suddenly interrupts, stepping into the kitchen to see Baekhyun adding something into the kimchi. He debates whether to tell Kyungsoo or not, but the boy is too busy flailing around on the floor at the moment. "And I thought Jonggu was bad."

 

"What? How is he bad? He's sweet as ." Jongdae remarks.

 

"You couldn't even begin to guess the things he could do. He's like a dragonfruit, that little . Just when you think he's all sweet on the outside, rainbow colours and flying unicorns, you take a bite and BAM! He hits you like a baseball bat. Next thing you know, your teeth is all red and purple, and I can assure you it's not the fruit."

 

"Sounds like a murderer to me, rather than a child."

 

"He's worse than that." Taemin deadpans.

 

Kyungsoo has gotten back his spatula by then and he heads over to the oven to turn it off. Thankfully his casserole survives the chaos, and they still have enough food to feed all 11 stomachs that night (chaffeur dude included).

 

"Did someone add ramen flavoring into my soup?!"

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae has already fled the scene by then, giggling like two sneaky hyenas as they run up the stairs to their rooms. Kyungsoo couldn't catch them even if he wants to. He still has to prepare dinner, and leaving the kitchen in Luhan's hands is a bad idea. If only Minseok is around....too bad the older male still has some assignments to complete.

 

" this. We're still gonna eat this, ramen powder and whatnot. I don't want anyone wasting my food tonight. Taemin, can you call everyone down?" Kyungsoo asks.

 

"Sure thing, cupcakes. Oh by the way, I think I hear the doorbell."

 

"I'll go get it." Luhan volunteers instead, and Kyungsoo could finally breathe again. With everyone out of the way, he could focus on finally getting dinner prepared. There's still a few things he need to do.

 

Familiar voices soon fill the living room as he sets the dining table. "Great, more people to feed." He wonders if there's enough food. But there's no time to prepare. "Ah, screw it, they'll just have to deal with this."

 

Another thought soon occupies his mind a second later, and it has something to do with the fact that Jongin's here. Jongin's here. And Joonmi is upstairs. There's also a baby in the room. A ing one-year-old who cries. , this is bad.

 

It's too late to run up and warn Joonmi though, because a pair of arms suddenly wraps around his waist from behind, locking him in place. "Hey sweetie, miss me?" Jongin whispers into his ear, hot breath tickling his skin and making him all squirmy and weak.

 

"J-Jongin?"

 

"Who else would it be? Why? Were you expecting someone else?"

 

"W-what do you mean?" Kyungsoo hates the fact that he's stuttering. What the hell is Jongin doing here anyway? Isn't he tired from all that basketball practice earlier? If he doesn't leave soon, he'll know that Joonmi is here and----

 

The faint sound of an infant crying could suddenly be heard in the background.

 

Too late. The gig is up. There's no point in lying anymore.

 

"Jongsu must be hungry. I should prepare his milk." Jongin says, pulling away from Kyungsoo.

 

"Sorry for keeping this a secret. Noona's pretty adamant about it."

 

"It's fine, Soo. Knowing my sister, I'm not surprised she would ask you to hold your tongue." He laughs. "She tried the same thing before, and she almost succeeded. Almost. I found out after two days."

 

"What did you do then?"

 

Jongin shrugs. "Nothing. She's just concerned about me, so I didn't mind. But she shouldn't have used you for her stupid chemes."

 

"I didn't mind. Plus, I quite enjoyed it. Even though I couldn't watch your whole game today, I did see the last shot you made. That was pretty awesome."

 

Jongin's heart swells proudly at the compliment, unable to hold back the goofy grin on his face. "I guess you should watch me more often then. I'll probably all the matches if you're there."

 

"Maybe. Anyway, help me prepare dinner once you're done."

 

That night, dinner turns out to be the best meal anyone has ever had. With all the uproar around the beta's average-sized dining table, dinner actually passes with enough food for everyone, even though Kyungsoo is convinced that nothing is ever enough when the alpha frat is around. Jonggu goes around making fun of everyone, including his mother, so most of their conversations center around him and his big mouth.

 

Kyungsoo slips a hand under the table to grab Jongin's some time later, much to the latter's surprise. He's slowly accepting the fact that Jongin is willing to change for him. If four days is enough to make him like the boy again, then he's willing to wager that by the end of it, he might actually love Jongin once more.

 

We'll just see about that.

 

_____________________

 

A/N: Long update is loooooooong. *dying*

 

I apologize to all of you who had to wait for my lazy to write this.

 

Hahaha. Anyway, Average Love Guru sequel coming out tomorrow. I'm getting some things done first. Meh. XD