Trip 1

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Karate may have killed me physically, but my undying spirit to update keeps me going. Trololol. Anyway, I'm totally addicted to tumblr. My username is FreakyWackyLalala ([email protected]). Don't ask why. Add me if you want. I post EXO's stuff in there. I have livejournal but I haven't updated that for years. I used to write fanfics for Hetalia in there (for those who know what Hetalia is, *high five*). Anyway, onwards to thy update! 

 

______________________

 

 

"Nini~guess what~?"

 

Jongin groans out in annoyance when he hears a deep voice outside his bedroom door. It's only ten o'clock in the morning, and Chanyeol has already decided to ruin his day. Just when he thought he could avoid his frat members that day. It's difficult being so popular sometimes. There's never a time for himself.

 

Chanyeol continues to rap on the door and Jongin has no choice but to open it. He gets out from bed and stumbles to the door. Nothing is more annoying at the moment than Chanyeol's persistent knocking. "I'm coming! God, I hate you. You're so anno----" His sentence is cut short when he unlocks the door and suddenly finds himself on the ground seconds later, unable to bear the titan's weight above him.

 

"My noona paid for a private cruise and three nights of stay at Jeju Island for her family and some friends, but she couldn't make it last minute because her son got sick. So she gave the trip to us, and we need to find twelve people to fill in for the rooms." Chanyeol explains, as he pulls the younger boy beneath him to the bed.

 

"Twelve?" Jongin asks in return, feeling quite awake now. It's getting too obvious where this conversation would be heading, and three nights might just be the thing he needs to get his relationship back on track.

 

"There were supposed to be six families on this trip, so she paid for six rooms. And twelve people is enough to cover up those rooms without feeling lonely. I dib the room Baekkie chooses." Chanyeol happily chirps, looking like lovestruck fool after that.

 

"I want the room with Kyungsoo then." Jongin decides. He's actually pretty excited about this. THREE NIGHTS with Kyungsoo. Nothing would get better than that. The last time he spent a night with Kyungsoo was....months ago. Holy cow! Had Kyungsoo been in abstinence for months?! No wonder he's so cranky. "I stand my ground. Even if I end up sleeping on the floor, make sure no one gets the room he's in, except me. Got it?"

 

"Yah, you're not my boss to order me about. But I don't think anyone would want to share a room with Kyungsoo when everyone has somebody they like. I'm with Baekkie for instance. Joonmyeon-hyung and Yixing-hyung are getting a little close lately. Tao and Kris-hyung are secretly married, I swear. I'm not surprised if they have demon children hidden under their beds. Luhan-hyung and Sehun should be having somewhere right now. No surprise there either." Jongin tries not to grimace. "And since Jongdae and Minseok-hyung are the only ones left from the beta frat who have no other life partners, they'll be considered the trashcan category, and be put into one room." Chanyeol finishes with a smirk.

 

"What if Kyungsoo goes off to sleep in their room?" The thought is heartbreaking, but Jongin really wants to share a room with Kyungsoo.

 

Desperately so.

 

"Then I'll talk to them."

 

"Thanks a million, hyung." Jongin mutters back softly, truly grateful for this.

 

"Whoa, when did you start learning manners?" Chanyeol teases the younger male, and alpha Jongin instantly clicks back into being.

 

" you, derpyeol. Get out of my room."

 

"That's more like it. Well, start packing your bags. We'll be leaving in five days. And if you ask me about classes or dance lessons, we'll just leave you here. I want this holiday to be free of any obligations and responsibilities."

 

"Are you kidding me, derp? Why would I even bother about classes when Kyungsoo's going to be there?!"

 

Chanyeol snickers. "You're starting to sound like Baekhyun, Jongin. On his PMS days."

 

"Get the out, derp, before I call Baek to tell him that."

 

"This is why I love the both of you." Chanyeol says before he walks out.

 

___________________________

 

Five days later, twelve boys are in for the best trip of the year---or at least something close to being the best. It's always nicer to travel in a group. Instead of taking a private jet, like how Jongin or Kris usually would, they board the cruise ship Chanyeol's sister had paid for, and spend about four hours on board playing games and enjoying the salty tang of sea breeze slapping against their faces.

 

Jongin has his eyes on Kyungsoo the whole time, while the older male jokes around with his beta buddies and occasionally joins in for some fun with the alpha boys. He can't help smiling along whenever he notices the smirk on Kyungsoo's face before it turns into that heart-shaped smile he loves so much. It's a habit, it seems. And the older boy probably doesn't even realize it either.

 

He does little things to make Kyungsoo notice him. Like offering a glass of juice when the boys were done with another round of dance battle. Or kicking someone's quietly when Kyungsoo doesn't win a game. He also makes sure a first aid kit is always waiting nearby, in case the older male gets hurt during an activity.

 

But one thing Jongin had came to notice is that Kyungsoo is actually a pretty decent dancer. Given more practice, he could be as good as Jongin.

 

"Hey, how about a round of waltz to end the evening before we arrive?" Jongin suggests after tea time. They're all tired by then, but one last dance wouldn't hurt right?

 

Chanyeol reacts by immediately pulling Baekhyun into his arms, causing the other to blush up a storm. Sehun then gets up to drag Luhan along, and the rest eventually joins in. Thankfully, Minseok has the sense to choose Jongdae at least, leaving Kyungsoo with no choice but to pair up with Jongin.

 

"Hyung..." Jongin calls out softly, offering his hand and praying for the other to accept him.

 

Sighing heavily, Kyungsoo simply accepts the offer to dance, mainly because he doesn't want to be the odd one out when his friends are enjoying themselves tremendously. Plus, it would make him look bad later if they end up thinking he's rude. And Jongin deserves to have just as much fun on this trip, so he doesn't want to be the who destroys that.

 

The excitement on Jongin's face is totally obvious when Kyungsoo finally laced their fingers together. "Lead me, Jongin. I'm not good at this."

 

Jongin squeezes the hand in his and closes in the gap between them. The sweet fruity scent of Kyungsoo's shampoo immediately engulfs his sense of smell. Oh gosh, how he misses that smell. The world is forgotten for a moment as he takes another step forward until Kyungsoo is practically pressed against his chest. Another hand finds the small of the elder's back and there he places it. Subsequently---mostly out of sheer habit---Kyungsoo wraps his free arm around Jongin's neck and nuzzles his face against it. 

 

Jongin had always been the warmth and love he needed few months back. It felt like they had been together for years, considering how much Kyungsoo misses this, and to feel it once again after all those times they drew apart, it's like returning home to see a family that you haven't seen for ten years. Jongin was his home. And apparently, still is.

 

"I'll allow this for now, Jongin." Kyungsoo mutters quietly. "But no more next time."

 

There will be a next time, baby. Jongin mentally remarks. I'll make sure of that.

 

______________________

 

The resort is breath-takingly spectacular at night. Bright orange lights reflect against the calm sea below, and the rooms are actually chalets placed on wooden jetties, with reasonably large stilts underneath to support the weight above. Hopefully it's long enough to avoid large waves from smashing into the rooms. But Jeju island is not the sort of island for surfing. The beaches are white and sandy, the waves are moderately safe for swimming, the corals are beautiful and everything is priced exceptionally high. Chanyeol had mentioned this to the beta boys five days prior.

 

Kyungsoo takes in the view before him, knowing that he wouldn't have been able to come here on his volition. It's just too expensive for him, a son of a humble businessman and a live-in housewife. His parents are currently providing for his older brother's education in Russia, so Kyungsoo is left to fend for himself. Luckily he's smart enough to land a place in SMU, knowing its reputation as one of Seoul's top universities. But it's frustrating sometimes to realize that he's too broke for holidays like this. Someone must always pay for him.

 

'Kyungsoo ah..." Baekhyun calls out, standing beside him. "It's time to get off the ship."

 

They tiredly drag their feet and luggages to their respective rooms that night, and Kyungsoo couldn't be bothered to complain about the room arrangement; the fact that he's sharing with Jongin. He had somehow expected this to happen, knowing how more than half of them is gay for each other, and the fact that Jongin would try to pull an act like this. Everyone is too tired to care about his room issue by then, hunger and exhaustion being the main reasons, so he trudges quietly over to Room 15 with Jongin trailing behind him. He doesn't even care at that point when he realizes that the bed is a double queen-sized bed.

 

"I can take the chair." Jongin says, eventhough he hopes that Kyungsoo would refuse him. The chair looks so uncomfortable that he might as well sleep in the bathtub.

 

Thankfully, the older male cuts in. "No, just take the bed. It's not like we never slept in the same bed before." He says it with a heavy sigh, tiredly rummaging through his luggage for his jammies. He should have put his jammies in last.

 

Jongin suddenly feels really guilty for imposing so much on Kyungsoo in one day. "Hyung, I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with this."

 

"I don't care, Jongin ah. I'm taking a shower first, so why don't you boil some water for coffee later?" Kyungsoo suggests.

 

He grabs his towel and jammies, and disappear into the small bathroom before Jongin could suggest otherwise. The younger male subsequently plops down onto the bed and tries to figure out a way to fix this. There's no way he could change rooms with anyone else now. They might be asleep already, eventhough it's only 10pm. The two of them are stuck together for the night, it seems. But if Kyungsoo still doesn't like it by morning, then Jongin would willingly switch his place with someone else.

 

God, it hurts to feel so unwanted. No one has ever not wanted Kim Jongin before. It's always the other way around, and this he realized,  is probably one of the reasons why Kyungsoo hates him. I'm so full of myself.

 

He closes his eyes and then his head starts to throb.

 

___________________

 

Headaches and migraines had always been Jongin's greatest weakness. He couldn't stand that kind of pain the most, and it makes him curl up into a ball while he whimpers for the pain to stop. When Kyungsoo is finally done with his shower, the moment he steps out and sees his ex-lover in a familiar position (fingers massaging his temples and eyes shut tight with tears streaming down his cheeks), his instincts kick in and suddenly the kettle is running, bags are emptied to find the supply of painkillers he always carries around, and the air-cond temperature is lowered because Jongin doesn't like heat.

 

"Jongin ah, lie down properly. Come on, head on the pillow." Kyungsoo orders him gently. Another wave of pain washes over Jongin and the boy hurriedly forces himself to lie back. He knows what Kyungsoo would probably do in a few minutes, so he tries to think of happy thoughts to distract himself.

 

When Kyungsoo returns with a cup of warm water and a pill in his hand, Jongin gulps it down in a flash before lying back again, groaning in pain when another wave hits him. "Hurry..." He tells the older boy. Pride and awkwardness be damned, especially when it feels like an axe is splitting his head open.

 

Kyungsoo then positions himself on the bed and numbly taps on his lap. For the next thirty minutes, the pain gradually mellows down into a dull throb as Kyungsoo's expert fingers presses through all the pressure point on his head. He's done this so many times that he knows where he should press in order to make Jongin relax. The younger male eventually drifts off to sleep as time passes, and after that Kyungsoo turns off the light to join him on the bed. 

 

We should be married if he wasn't such an , Kyungsoo thinks to himself. It's just a pity, really, that Jongin ends up being the way he is. No matter. It won't stop me from enjoying my holiday here. I'll just have to avoid him whenever I can.

 

Sleep takes him easily, and when morning finally dawns on Jeju, a new day begins. Kyungsoo is surprised to see Jongin up and about the moment his eyes flutter open. For all he knows, Jongin had never been the morning person. "Good morning, hyung." The lanky male greets. He leans down to place a chaste kiss on Kyungsoo's lips, and the latter couldn't really fight back because he's still a little groggy. He could only stare back in stunned silence. "Today is the day I try to win your heart back. I know I've been the worst boyfriend in the world, but I really want to make things right again, and I hope you could give me a chance to try. So the first thing on our agenda today is breakfast. I told the management to bring our breakfast over, and I set up a table near the window for us to enjoy some fresh air while we eat."

 

He pulls Kyungsoo out of the bed and leads him over to the table nearby, where two plates of kimchi spaghetti, a plate of fried sausages, eggs and dumplings and two large glasses of cold orange juice await them. "We'll eat so much until our tummies bloat!" Jongin exclaims excitedly. "I got your favourite food, hyung. Kimchi spaghetti."

 

Maybe Jongin is trying too hard, but Kyungsoo appreciates the effort. His stomach is already grumbling noisily by then and the sight of food simply makes him hungrier. He's still not very keen about the whole giving Jongin a chance to try yet. Still, no one could deny food, even in the face of pride. He'll think about Jongin's words after breakfast, but for now, it's time to dig in.

 

_________________________

 

Yehet! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Ok, for all of you lovelies who have commented, thanks so so much. I'll be shamelessly promoting my fic on tumblr. I don't know if anyone would bother to read it, but fingers crossed. Hahaha. I really love Kaisoo. And I'm starting to love Tao. Yeah, I watched Showtime 8 already.

 

Sorry for any mistakes made. XD I'll be busy for the next few days. Mainly because I made a bet with a friend. She told me to finish three chapters of each subject from my law studies before the end of this month, of which if I fail to complete, would result in me not being able to watch, write, read, look, talk, sing, dance and breathe EXO for a month. Not just EXO. Any Korean stuff for that matter. I'll DIE! Noooooooo~ Fuh!

 

So either I go on a 13-days hiatus, or a 28-days hiatus. (29?). So yeah, chooooooseeeeeee~

 

heart you all!