Cold Shoulders

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

This update is a little longer. Ok, basically, it's come to that borderline where Kyungsoo is proving he's not one to be easily pushed around. He's trying to show that no one can take advantage of him. And well, I'm going to talk about what my friend basically did during that period after her boyfriend broke up with her. He said he was bored with her after dating for 6 months. , I know. And I will take some snippets of my experience too. 

 

Enjoy, my lovelies.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

Waking up in the morning with a whiny Baekhyun, a sobbing Kyungsoo and a quiet Luhan is difficult. Minseok thumps his head against the kitchen counter as he tries to figure out how to fix this whole bloody mess. One thing's for sure: by the time he's done with them, he'll have to punish the alpha boys for making his life miserable.

 

"Hyung~ I don't like taking prawns with my fried rice. I thought you knew that since milleniums ago." Baekhyun whines, stomping his feet angrily next to Minseok. He pushes the plate of perfectly-made kimchi fried rice back---with prawns, however those got there----and sits down on the empty stool nearby. "Make me a new one. No prawns."

 

Minseok is already on the verge of breaking down. Tears are migrating to his eyes as Baekhyun continues to glare at him.

 

"Why are you doing this to me, Baekkie?"

 

Wrong question.

 

That's probably the first mistake he made that day, because Baekhyun's face instantly contorts into a look of pure hurt and a second later, the first tear slips down his cheek. Minseok immediately scoots over to pull him into a tight hug. "Because Chanyeol ing cheated on me! You wouldn't understand, hyung!" The younger boy yells out a pitch higher than his usual voice, and Minseok could actually feel the pain emanating from the boy's trembling figure. "I gave him everything, hyung! Every ing inch of me because I ing trusted him. And I thought...." He trails off, choking on his sobs and nuzzling his face closer against the elder's neck. "I hate him so much right now, hyung...it's painful to even think about him, but I can't stop thinking....a-about him."

 

"Shhh.....it's alright. I-I know how you feel, Baekhyunnie..." Minseok confesses. He may not have had a romantic relationship with Luhan, but the feelings were always there, lurking in the recesses of his mind. He understands how it feels like to see the person you love walk away from you. Or in this case, cheat on you.

 

"Y-you do?" The younger boy immediately pulls back and stares at his hyung with wide eyes. He's never even seen Minseok hanging around anyone else but them.

 

"I do." A blush instantly spreads across Minseok's cheeks, much to Baekhyun's amusement, and right at that moment, Luhan gloomily enters the kitchen and heads straight towards him. "Finally joining us for breakfast?" Minseok snorts.

 

"I'm too depressed to stay hungry." Luhan says, shoving Baekhyun back so that he could take a turn to hug Minseok. "But I'm not too depressed to feel some love from you, Umin ah...."

 

Minseok chuckles at this and flicks a finger against Luhan's forehead, causing the younger boy to yelp in pain. "If you want love, you gotta eat my cooking first."

 

There's a groan from Luhan, but otherwise he doesn't complain. While the Chinese male finishes off Baekhyun's untouched kimchi fried rice, Minseok busies himself around the stove again, making another plate of fried rice for Baekhyun, this time, sans prawn. The younger boy is still acting like a whiny , but otherwise, he isn't crying anymore, so Minseok supposes that is a tad better in comparison.

 

Five minutes into his cooking, Kyungsoo suddenly appears in front of them in a very disheveled state. His red hair is poking out from every corner, and it looks as if he'd forgotten how to comb it. The bags under his eyes are darker than usual, while his choice of clothes screams for someone to molest him. Minseok can't believe his dongsaeng actually owns that seriously tight holey jeans. And that shirt.... Me or I'll You.

 

Seriously? Did Kyungsoo just turn into a addict overnight?

 

The boy doesn't seem to notice Minseok's burning glare on him until he grabs the last banana in the fruits basket and looks up at his frat mates. "What?" He asks, nonchalantly.

 

"What the hell are you supposed to be? Are you dealing with drugs now or something?"

 

"Do I look like I'm dealing drugs?"

 

Luhan lets out a suppressed snort, but immediately lowers his head when Minseok points a glare at him. The elder then returns to the more pressing matter at hand. "You certainly look as if I've failed as a hyung." Minseok mutters softly. "Is this your way of rebelling against Jongin?"

 

"I know it's childish." Kyungsoo shrugs. "But honestly, I'm just tired of him. I've put up with his bull for the last couple of months, because I thought he was the one. I trusted him, hyung...and he breached that trust---"

 

"! I didn't finish my criminology assignment yet!" Luhan interrupts.

 

Kyungsoo ignores his imbecilic friend and continues, "---so now, I'm not going to play nice anymore. He thinks he's so great, prancing around like some god, making everyone feel special when he talks to them, making me feel as if I'm the only one in his heart.....but I guess I was wrong after all. To think that he'd change for me. He made me believe that he's different now. ing liar! He doesn't deserve to have a say in my life, when he's going around sleeping with other women." Tears are now streaming down his cheeks, but he doesn't give two s about it.

 

All he can feel now is determination. His will to move on without the likes of Kim Jongin hanging around in his life.

 

"And I suppose the outfit is part of your grand plan?" Minseok inquires.

 

"Well, to be honest, I just found this inside my wardrobe this morning. And I thought it'd look cool, you know."

 

"Someone must have hated your pants back then." Minseok chuckles.

 

"Yeah, Baekhyunnie cut these holes." The younger boy admits.

 

Minseok basically rests his case. No wonder he's never seen those pants before. And Kyungsoo isn't the type to suddenly buy bottoms that had holes in them, because it wasn't economically worthwhile, or so Minseok recalls.

 

"We were messing around with Jongdae's lightsaber at the time. You know, that 500 dollars ." Baekhyun chips in, a little cheerful now. "And we wanted to burn holes into Kyungie's pants, but it was just a ing toy. The lights went out after playing with it for an hour." He groans in disappointment.

 

Kyungsoo simply nods his head, clearly disappointed too. "The jeans was too tight around the thighs so I didn't think twice about burning holes into them. Too bad the lightsaber was a piece of junk."

 

"So then I took out the knives." A sly grin appears on Baekhyun's face in an instant as he continues, "And we ended up cutting holes instead. The result turned out pretty good. I mean, look at those thighs! I wouldn't mind ing someone with those thighs."

 

"Imagine a Jedi fighting a clone in pants like these?" Kyungsoo states. And laughter instantly erupts at the thought.

 

"Lightsaber swinging around---hyah! HYEAH! And we don't have to worry about tearing our pants because what harm could another hole do?" Baekhyun adds.

 

"Oh dear, such beautiful legs are making my face turn green with disgust. Blekkkkk~" Luhan joins along.

 

"You guys are probably the geekiest s I've ever met in my life." Joonmyeon's voice suddenly interrupts as he steps into the kitchen. He takes one look at Kyungsoo's pants and almost chokes on his saliva. "Yah! What creature molested you this morning?"

 

"Hans Solo." Kyungsoo replies with a grin.

 

"Dude, no hunk that hot would claw on you unless you look like Princess Lea."

 

"Why the would he not do Kyungsoo?" Luhan interrupts.

 

"Yeah man...he's hot!"

 

"Gays, all of you! We have too many gays in this house. I'm going to hang out with the only other person who is not gay in this place." He turns to leave, but not before receiving gay-related profanities---You just wanna get in his pants too, Kim Gaymyoen---from the four guys in the kitchen. Despite yesterday's uneventful incident, the boys become a little more cheerful after spending some time together.

 

And then it's time to go for classes. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are basically planning to dress for the kill. Who cares if Jongin and Chanyeol will hate them for it? They've given up their right to say anything from the day they entered that club. And Kyungsoo will make sure of that. He will NEVER forgive Jongin.

 

EVER. Time to taste your own medicine, Kim Jongin.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

(cue awesome background music - Mirah - Garden)

 

The two of them enter the main hall entrance with a stoic look on their faces, while the rest of the beta boys follow from behind quietly, their heads held high.

 

Baekhyun dons a pair of black skinny jeans with a hoodie that says, Dare to Cheat Me? Try Me. He also has his favorite cap on, the snapback that Kyungsoo gave him as a Christmas present last year. It had made Chanyeol jealous whenever he wore it, because the tall male didn't get anything for his new boyfriend. Well, who cares about that now? He's free to wear it anytime he wants.

 

As for Kyungsoo, he is still wearing the same outfit he wore this morning, but with a pair of converse on, and his fiery red hair combed to the back in one neat sweep, he looks nothing like the geek he was yesterday. The two of them certainly manage to stun everyone who passes by, and they could hear whispers behind their back after that, but none of the boys give a damn, really. Let people talk. Let them infer what they want.

 

In the end, all they can do is talk.

 

Somewhere near the entrance leading to SMU's gymnasium, the alpha frat are still trying to get over yesterday's hangover. No one remembers anything, except for Yixing, but being the quiet one, he prefers to keep his mouth shut. Tao bears a painful sore on his , which he couldn't explain. Chanyeol woke up from a terrible hangover in the middle of a bus stop this morning. Jongin couldn't remember what happened to him in the club's storage room, but he feels oddly lightheaded, as if he'd just gone through some hardcore . Kris had his exposed to the world when he woke up in the middle of the dance floor, but he hid it away before anyone else could see it. As for Sehun...well, he's still trying to figure who was it that he saw in the club that night.

 

That familiar face.

 

Heart-shaped lips.

 

Um.....

 

"Hey Jongin, I think I saw----"

 

His words are halted, however, when the sudden appearance of the beta boys immediately catches everyone's attention. Jongin and Chanyeol got the worst shock, though, because their perfect little angels are suddenly not angels anymore. They gawk at their lovers with wide eyes and their jaws drop. No one could say anything. None of them could even understand the sudden change of appearance. What has happened to the beta boys?

 

As Sehun is about to call them---specifically Luhan---Kyungsoo notices their presence and directs the hardest and coldest glare he could muster towards Jongin. The younger boy actually winces from where he stands. Why is Kyungsoo acting like this? And those pants....Jongin couldn't help but notice. Kyungsoo is actually flashing his legs to the world. He never does that.

 

Kyungsoo drops his glare and then drags Baekhyun away by the arm, completely ignoring the alpha boys now. They just pass by without a second glance: an awkward and tense silence blanketing the atmosphere for a moment. The moment ends abruptly though, because seconds later, all six of the beta boys have entered their lecture hall, and the day passes smoothly without a hitch.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

"I think we nailed them." Jongdae says.

 

"I don't nail losers." Baekhyun says, a little too harsh than usual. He's still very upset about Chanyeol, but there's nothing he can do about it.

 

"I just want to go home right now." Kyungsoo mutters. "These pants are getting a little too breezy for me."

 

"Soon, Kyungie-poo. We still have Criminology to attend." Joonmyeon says. "I can lend you my jacket if you want to cover your legs."

 

"Please..." The younger boy says weakly. Joonmyeon quickly passes his jacket over, and Kyungsoo accepts it with gratitude. "Much better. I feel harassed just having people gawk at me all day."

 

"You've got y thighs. Of course people would stare." Luhan points over, peering over to see what Minseok is up to. "And what have you got there, Umin?"

 

"Sending a message. EXO should totally play the gig at Deltron Bar next week."

 

"You got us a gig?" Baekhyun asks.

 

Minseok nods his head. "It's a friend's bar, and he says it's ok for us to play, if we don't mind doing it for free. His bar isn't doing well lately."

 

"Well, as long as we get to play, why not?" Kyungsoo chips in. "I'm itching to show off my keyboard skills."

 

"We could play Open Arms." Joonmyeon suggests.

 

"Too slow. We'll have to practice our new song." Minseok says. "It'll be awesome!"

 

Conversations soon turn to the song they would be performing at the bar next week, and all of them are excited. What outfit to wear? Who would play which instument? Who would sing what song? Everything is discussed. And by the time they're done, it's almost 8 o'clock. "We didn't go for Criminology! Oh my gosh, I can't believe none of us remembered." Joonmyeon remarks, in panic.

 

"Calm down, gaymyeon. We can still finish up the assignment because we have Kyungie poo. And what are you doing there, Kyungie?"

 

Kyungsoo receives a text from an all too-familiar person ten minutes ago, asking the elder to meet him at the usual spot tonight. So now he wants to see me.

 

He doesn't reply the text, however. He just tosses the phone back into his bag and debates whether to go or not. Maybe he'll make Jongin wait. After all, Jongin had made him wait for two months.

 

"Nothing. I just got a spam mail." Kyungsoo lies. "Let's go back for dinner. I'm famished."

 

They head home together after that. And Kyungsoo has completely forgotten to meet Jongin that night.

 

 

___________________

 

 

Other than the cheating part, everything else is basically part and parcel of my life and my friend's. The appearance change, the cold shoulders...

 

They say girls get over heartbreaks faster than boys, but it's usually brutal the first three to four months. And boys aren't that much affected at the time they were dumped, but later on, the effect will take a toll on them. It's a long and permanent thing, that will continue to scar them. They will never forget about the girl. I'm saying this out of experience. You guys can differ in your opinion. Not everyone is the same. XD

 

XOXO.