Jongin and 'em es

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

A few things will be talked about here. First: Kai's a douchebag. But why? Is he really? You should ask yourself that. Or don't, and just read the chapter.

 

Second: the ring. Some of you may not remember, but my co-author brought it up to my attention. In chapter 1, there was supposed to be a ring that Kyungsoo will throw at Kai when they break up. I will slot one side story in: like a reminiscence on how Kyungsoo got it and when.

 

Third: Hyunsoo. Like, where did Hyunsik go?! Kyungsoo just up and left?! No worries. He will appear again in later chapters. He...uh, he had a really bad diarrhea and left early from their date, I guess? Hahahaha. Kidding. He just left because Kyungsoo had to search for Kai.

 

Fourth: Valentine's Day chocolate. I didn't write about Kyungsoo giving it to Kai because I wanted to get on with the drama. Plus, it's just chocs. We can assume they ate the chocolates and be done with it.

 

Fifth: GOSH, SO MANY GAPS! The reason for the alpha's behaviour in the first chapter, where Chanyeol said something about punishment, but that doesn't make sense because he's supposed to be in love with Baekkie! Well, actually, there will be an explanation later on why he said that. Hahahaha.

 

And last but not least, I mentioned something about explaining the frats and sorority systems further. Well, there are 26 houses, both girls and boys. but not all students live on campus. it'll be long. I will bring in one house at a time. Be patient. But not all will be explained. Aiyayai, writing a college fic is difficult. *facepalm* learned my lesson. Hahahaha. But I still enjoy it.

 

Are there any more gaps? Please tell me! If you expect more , you have to wait until the drama is over. It actually won't be over so soon. There will be more after they break up. , spoiler alert!

 

______________________________

 

 

The Ring. The ONE Ring. The one ring to RULE them all. The one ring to rule his heart.

 

Kyungsoo wouldn't normally admit that he's a er for Lord of the Rings trilogy. He enjoyed reading the books and watching the movies. And he's especially in love with Legolas. Long and silky blonde hair, dark elfin eyes, y sharp ears, -inducing grin, with a well-built body that is probably ripped with fair muscles and a y hip line, Orlando Bloom in his younger days was too much for Kyungsoo to bear. Probably still is, if the boy bothers to watch through the whole trilogy again.

 

He looks down at the ring resting on the palm of his hand and sighs. Jongin had given that to him three months back, when they were celebrating White Day.

 

____________________

 

Flashback!

 

"Baby, close your eyes." Jongin said, and his lips curved upwards into a grin.

 

Kyungsoo instantly became suspicious. What was Jongin planning again? What did he have in store this time? "Not until you tell me what you're gonna do."

 

"I'm going to give you something. Duh." The younger male replied, rolling his eyes. "Stop being so suspicious of me all the time."

 

"I've been suspicious since the day I saw you walking back with this bimbo in your arms." The elder made a mocking sign of a girl twirling with her hair---which most of the sorority girls here do----while his face showed an 'Ain't nothing is better than my prada' look.

 

"She's a friend, Kyungie. Sheesh, stop being so jealous."

 

Yeah, HE was one to say. Kyungsoo almost gagged at the words. He had only been jealous of Jongin that one time---okay, maybe twice, if he counted Taemin's kiss during Valentine's---, and god only knew the number of times Jongin had been jealous of the people hanging around Kyungsoo. A poor Gamma sorority girl got pushed into a thorny rose bush because she happened to be standing behind Kyungsoo in the cafeteria one afternoon and accidentally spilt her drink on him.

 

Kyungsoo had to apologize for Jongin's behaviour after that, and the poor girl was such a sweetheart, promising to keep his reason for the apology a secret. She may or may not have known that Kyungsoo was together with Jongin at the time, but meh, the boy didn't care. The most she could suspect was that Kyungsoo actually associated with the alpha frat. But both of them knew that Jongin had ordered for the attack.

 

Stupid jealous bastard.

 

"You don't really have a right to say that, since you're like 90% jealous of ANYONE I talk to, including my teddy bear."

 

The younger male shrugged. "I can't help it. You didn't pay attention to me at the time. Now, anyway, close your eyes." He told Kyungsoo again.

 

The elder reluctantly shut his eyes and waited for whatever it was Jongin wanted to give him. He tried to guess what it could be. A pair of new shoes? No, that would have been obvious. In fact, it had to be something so small that it could fit into Jongin's pockets, because the boy didn't carry his backpack that day.

 

A necklace? Too feminine. Chocolates? It had to be that. It was White Day after all.

 

Jongin suddenly took his right hand and slipped something into his ring finger. When Kyungsoo opened his eyes, there it was. A silver band encircling around his fat little finger. It was the perfect size too. And there were letters engraved on the ring. When he peered in to take a closer look, he realized that Jongin had written his own name on the ring with a little heart sign at the end.

 

"Mine has your name." The lanky male said excitedly. "D-do you like it?"

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and smiled. "It's lovely, Jongin ah. Thank you."

 

"I love you, Kyungsoo."

 

Ah, the feels~ There it was again, the lovely fluttering in his stomach whenever Jongin expressed his feelings openly. How could he ever hate this boy? Ok, minus the excessive playboy trait that Jongin couldn't seem to shake off, Kyungsoo could still somehow trust Jongin with all his heart. It's the things he does for Kyungsoo at the end of the day that separates the elder from the rest of the world.

 

Sincerity. Jongin showed that in his eyes.

 

"I love you too, idiot."

 

____________________

 

 

That one ring destroyed his heart an hour ago.

 

Ok, technically, it's not the ring. It's the person who gave him the ring. But since Jongin's name is ON the ring, he figures that the ring is just as much to blame for everything.

 

"Stupid Kim Jongin and his stupid, stupid...UGH!" He grabs the teddy bear he stole from his boyfriend's locker and starts clawing at it, venting out his frustration with anger instead of tears. He's tired of crying, tired of being looked down upon, tired of being the third wheel, tired of lies, tired of...Jongin.

 

Even after committing some adultery act behind Kyungsoo's back the first time---and that was by the way, not just some innocent groping--- Kyungsoo thought that maybe...just maybe...he could forgive Jongin for it because after all...none of the alpha boys remembered what they did that night. But this---that kissing earlier was totally intentional. Jongin couldn't have been drunk because Yixing specifically mentioned that Jongin hadn't touched alcohol for the past 48 hours. He should be quite sober to know that a girl is kissing him.

 

"Stupid stupid stupid! Ah, that idiot!" He pulls on the ears with a strong tug until he could hear the stitches coming off. And then he immediately stops, because what wrong had the bear done? Nothing. It's only been sitting there on his bed for the last one year, accompanying him in the dark whenever he woke up from a nightmare.

 

Kyungsoo sighs. Is this what his life is meant to be? Cheated upon.

 

He didn't sign up for this .

 

________________________

 

 

Two hours ago, Jongin was making his way to the café Jongdae had mentioned. He decided to walk there because he left his wallet at home, and he was too lazy to head back. And secondly because he wanted some time to think first before barging in on them. Kyungsoo and him were still not on good terms with each other, so the last thing he needed was for his boyfriend to hate him more.

 

He needed a reason to be there. And the walk would do him good.

 

After walking for twenty minutes, past busy streets and busier traffic, he finally arrived in Ansan, which he heard is a paradise for a lot of foreigners. Well, it could be a paradise for Koreans too, but there's just more foreigners here compared to the other districts. He trudged on carefully, searching for a café called Mao Mao; such a funny name, and one that will be easy to find.

 

Before he could find it, however, he suddenly received a message on his phone and stopped to check on it.

 

From: Yoon Hye

To: Jongin

Time: 8.35pm

 

Help. They're looking for me. Siheung.

 

Jongin froze. Was this... real?

 

It didn't feel like a joke though because she never ever sent him short messages like this. It sounded urgent; desperate...real. He wasn't sure how he should react at first, but instincts soon kicked in a few seconds later, and he turned back to catch a cab to Siheung. It would probably take twenty minutes to reach there, and he had been there so many times, because Yoon Hye's apartment was nearby that area.

 

Who were 'they'? And why were 'they' looking for her? Panic and worry soon set in as he typed out a reply to her in the cab. She took a while to answer back, and once again it was short.

 

Near my apartment. Hurry.

 

He told the cab driver to step on the accelerator. Every call he made after that either went to voicemail, or the line didn't get through at all. It frustrated him to no end as he attempted a new call, praying for Yoon Hye to answer every time. But it never went through. When he finally arrived in front of her apartment, he paid an exorbitant amount to the cab driver and rushed out to look for her. The unit facing the street on the twelfth floor was dark, and his heart pounded in his chest.

 

Where was she? The lights were usually around this time. Her sister should be inside. He made a dash for the elevator when his phone rang. Yoon Hye's voice came out in a whisper, barely audible, but he could tell that she was afraid, from the tremble in her voice when she spoke. "Where are you?" He asked.

 

"With my sister. Near the place we used to hang out." She terminated the call after that, and he quickly made his way towards the special spot they used to frequent around the area. It was a place that Jongin only went with Yoon Hye; the same place they shared their first kiss, and made out constellations in the night sky and they laid sprawled across the dry grassy ground. He held many beautiful memories with Yoon Hye there, and now it seemed that it had also brought him a bad memory.

 

Someone was out there, trying to hurt the person he cares about. How could he just sit still and not worry?

 

When he finally arrived in front of this deserted playground area, with its broken see-saw, rusty swing sets and slightly burnt slides still there, even after so many years, his first instinct was to tap a metal piece against the broken see-saw and cuckoo three times. It was their signature sign, to check if the other was hiding out somewhere.

 

Yoon Hye came out from behind one of the slides and shot a nervous glance at him. Her eyes were roaming around after that, checking to see if anyone besides Jongin was still there. Jongin made no attempt to scoot closer until he was sure the coast is clear. "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah...I'm fine." She said nervously, warily dragging her sister out from under the slide. "Come on, Yoon Mi, it's fine now. The bad guys are gone."

 

"Are they really?" The little girl got out from the hiding place and saw Jongin. "Oppa! You came! You never come and see Yoon Mi anymore."

 

The twelve-year-old then dashed forward to jump straight into Jongin's arms. "I missed you too, Yoon Mi." He said, hugging her closely. "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah." Her body shivered a little. "Those guys came out of nowhere and suddenly banged on our door. Luckily we were in the landlady's house and we escaped before they managed to find us. They were here because of big bro..." She trailed off, suddenly looking more mature than her age. Jongin gave her shoulders a gentle squeeze.

 

He turned to Yoon Hye after that. "They're gone for now, but they'll be coming back. This isn't the first time."

 

His eyes widened at the remark. "How many times have they showed up?"

 

"A couple. They started appearing four months ago, claiming that my bro owed them some money for drugs. I told them that my brother was dead, but they wouldn't budge."

 

"And they began harassing us every night after that. Unnie and I are usually inside when they turn up, and they can't break down the door. Part of the security features daddy built before he passed away. But this time we weren't at home." Yoon Mi explained. "And one of them saw us escaping from the landlady's house, so they chased us until here. Luckily Unnie was good at hiding."

 

Jongin's heart broke for these two. He felt like such a for not checking in on Yoon Hye for the last couple of months. And now some creepers were after them. "Let's get you guys home first. It's not safe out here right now. They might come back."

 

He followed them back to their apartment and told Yoon Mi to go in first. There was something Jongin needed to discuss with Yoon Hye. Yoon Mi simply obeyed her sister's request, and once she was out of sight, Jongin turned to the girl standing in front of him. "Let me deal with them. You don't have to worry about them anymore. Just watch out for Yoon Mi and make sure they don't find her at school. Tell me if you see something suspicious."

 

"I know that. You don't have to tell me to watch out for my sister. I'm already doing that for the last four months."

 

"And you should be careful when you're walking to college too. I know your part time jobs are taking a lot of time from you, when you could have spent it with your sister, but just..." He breathed in deeply, still very worried about Yoon Hye and her sister. "...just be careful, ok. Always be alert with your surrounding."

 

"I know, Jongin."

 

"Good."

 

They stood in awkward silence a second later, wondering what they could possibly say to each other. Eventually, Yoon Hye broke the silence. "How's Kyungsoo?" She asked, almost in a whisper. There was no resentment in her expression as she asked this, so Jongin easily answered, "It's good." Yeah, it was an outright lie, but there was no way he could worry her further about his love life when her ing life was in danger.

 

"That's good. You seem happier now, Jongin ah."

 

"Not happier as we used to be." He said. This wasn't a lie, of course. Kyungsoo and him were still in the early stages of their relationship.

 

"Yeah, we were the best." She scooted closer and suddenly leaned forward on her tiptoes, brushing a kiss against his lips. Oh, how she missed the soft plushiness of his lips, the way it just fit right into her lips, and she would wait for him to wrap his arms around her waist after that, pulling her closer.

 

But he did no such thing.

 

In fact, he didn't even reciprocate the kiss, and simply stood there like a statue. Not really denying her attempt to kiss him, but not really accepting it either. She was slightly disappointed, but she didn't show it. After eight seconds into their kiss, she pulled back with a pout and said, "You've changed, Jongin."

 

"I'm in love with Kyungsoo. I can't kiss you like that again. Sorry."

 

"I understand. It was selfish of me to suddenly kiss you like that anyway. It's been...six months. No, almost seven, since we broke up. I still feel sparks lighting up inside me when I see you. What about you?"

 

He shook his head, and she simply returned a smile. "Seven years wasn't enough to retain feelings after all. I'm not even sure how long is enough. If we stayed together until our tenth year, do you think you'd still find me attractive?"

 

"I'm not sure, Yoon Hye. But right now, I think you should go back inside. You've got a class tomorrow right?"

 

"Yeah. Thanks for remembering my schedule. And thanks for today. For coming all this way. I'm glad you did. Yoon Mi needed the assurance, and me too I guess. I could sleep a little better tonight."

 

"Good night then, Yoon Hye."

 

"Good night Jongin."

 

They parted with a simple goodbye, and Jongin checked his watch after that.

 

Dinner should already be over. The only thing he could do then was to return home and sleep, hoping that tomorrow his body won't be sore from all this traveling. He needed to see Kyungsoo but his body was getting tired.

 

He sighed. There's always tomorrow.

 

 

__________________________

 

 

Kyungsoo talks to his frat mates that night, because he needs someone to tell him that he could move on. He needs someone to support him. They all do, of course. No one leaves a friend behind.

 

"That ! I can't believe he went to see his ex girlfriend when he said he was going to find you. I knew he can't be trusted from the day I laid my eyes on him." Luhan said, teeth gritting into a snarl.

 

"He needs to be spanked. Seriously." Jongdae chips in, shaking his head in disappointment. "Even the alpha boys can't believe Jongin would do such a thing. Then again, they'd protect him no matter what he does. It's frickin disgusting, I tell you."

 

"I say we go over and kick Jongin in the balls." Baekhyun bellowed angrily.

 

"Violence won't do us good. It'll just get us in more trouble." Joonmyeon argues back.

 

"Then we tie him up to a chair and make him watch some gay ." Luhan suggested.

 

"He's gay, so how is that a torture?" Minseok asked, raising an eyebrow at Luhan. The latter just bowed his head in disappointment.

 

"A feminine cartoon then. Like Barbie. Or Strawberry Shortcake. Dora the Explorer."

 

"I'm sure he'll enjoy the last one."

 

While the beta frat begin arguing about Jongin's punishment, Kyungsoo sits in a corner and stares at the ring on his finger. It's such a beautiful ring actually, with Jongin's name nicely engraved on it. It seems to shine in Kyungsoo's eyes, and it saddens him to realize that ever since he got the ring, he sort of stopped staring at it, almost forgetting that it has been sitting on his finger for the last six months.

 

Like an existence that's already been there for so long, it becomes almost non-existent.

 

Now it feels heavy on his finger, getting tighter each day until he might need to cut off his finger one day just to get it off. Maybe it's just his head overthinking things too much, but the ring is definitely an eyesore at the moment. He almost feels sad for having to throw it away. The image of Jongin kissing that girl is still replaying in his mind. And after spacing out for a good twenty minutes, he decides that he has had enough.

 

It's time to talk things out with the younger male. He can't keep getting hurt like this.

 

Ignoring his frat mates, Kyungsoo grabs his coat and the spare keys hanging nearby. "I'm going out for some fresh air, guys." He says to them, and they exchange nervous glances for a moment, but none of them try to stop him.

 

"Hurry back, ok." Joonmyeon just says, before Kyungsoo locks up the front door behind him. The cold night air hits him like a needle, sinking into his skin until his body shivers. The alpha frat is only five minutes away, and that is ample time for him to think things through one last time before he has to face Jongin.

 

A heart-wrenching sight catches his eyes just as he rounds a corner that brings him to the front porch of the alpha frat. Jongin is talking to some girl Kyungsoo doesn't recognise. Calm down, Kyungsoo. They're just talking.

 

He saunters closer to eavesdrop on their conversation. "That night had been great, Jongin."

 

That night?

 

"I guess you enjoyed it a lot." Jongin replies with a smirk.

 

"We should do it again, sometime. You're always so nice to me."

 

"Well, I care enough. Anyway, I've got to go, babe. I'm tired."

 

"Goodnight then, handsome." She slips a kiss on his cheek before swaying off into the darkness. And Jongin has the biggest grin on his face, turning around to go inside now. Kyungsoo quickly hides away behind a pillar before Jongin could see him. His heart is pounding so hard that it feels as if it could jump out any second.

 

Why does Jongin keep doing this to him?! Ugh! In a span of three days, Kyungsoo managed to find his boyfriend cheating on him with two strangers in a club, having in a deliriously drunk state. Just a few hours ago, he found his boyfriend kissing his ex girlfriend, and now THIS! He slips off the ring on his finger and throws it on the ground.

 

Then after a moment, he picks it back up. No, this is not the best way to get rid of him. He'll have to do it officially, and that means breaking up for good.

 

Kim Jongin could just go another man's , because Do Kyungsoo is no longer interested to be part of it.

 

It's over.

 

 

________________________

 

 

I explained and covered a few gaps from the first chapter. Hope you guys are clear now. Also, when Jongin was talking to that girl in the end, he didn't imply anything ual. But I purposely made the dialogue sound like that, for Kyungsoo's ears.