Indifference?

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

I have to finish four Book of Death by tonight! GRAH! Law cases can kill a person, I swear. It's more painful than the occasional leg cramps I get during my sleep. Vomitting blood is a definite WILL-HAPPEN-DAYS-BEFORE-MY-EXAM.  Anyway, here's an update to still my raging anger. I want a hug right now. *sniffles*

 

 

_____________________

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up really early the next day, and by 7.30am, Luhan banged on his bedroom door.

 

"Wake up, sunshine. It's time for classes~" He said in a singsong voice, and Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"What's gotten into you?"

 

"Aren't you excited, Kyungie ah?!" He crossed the room in three long strides and cupped Kyungsoo's face. "The festival is tonight!"

 

The younger male had obviously forgotten about it. "We'll have plenty of time to practice  after class. I think we only have tutorials on Shakespeares' poems today."

 

"I know that, you git. But I suddenly came up with the best idea for tonight's performance. I heard the Alpha frat are dancing---"

 

"So?" Kyungsoo cut in.

 

"---so, we'll do something to show that we're good in both dance and vocal. And you know how I like that one song from Shinee."

 

"Oh, you mean that song?"

 

Luhan nodded excitedly. It had been the only song Luhan listened to for the whole of last month. And the beta frat had somehow came to learn the dance moves for that song. It was supposed to be a one-time off fun thing, but Luhan liked how they fitted into the song almost too smoothly, so he made them learn the whole song. In the end, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Baekkie and Jongdae became the main vocals for this particular song.

 

They didn't have a rapper though, and finding one now was suicidal. The festival was supposed to begin in less than 24 hours. And no one, not even Luhan, was good enough to teach the dance moves to another person within that time span.

 

"We should ask Sehun. I think his voice fits the song perfectly." Luhan suggested.

 

"But who's asking him?"

 

"I will." There was a small smirk on the Chinese male's face. Kyungsoo almost suspected that something was up between them, but he didn't question it. "Fine. Tell him to come over for practice during lunch. What if he has classes till tonight?"

 

"No one has classes till tonight. The whole campus has to prepare for this event. It's one of the biggest parties held during the year."

 

After breakfast, six beta boys made their way to class, laughing and joking about last night's outing as they walked. Kyungsoo couldn't wait to run into Jongin on the way to class. He couldn't wait to flaunt his new relationship around, to show that Jongin and him were now in a serious relationship. Just as he wished, the beta boys crossed paths with the alpha boys in the main wing's hallways, and Kyungsoo expected Jongin to come over and shower him with kisses.

 

But like a knife piercing through his heart, the younger boy did no such thing. In fact, the alpha boys were....indifferent. Sehun did bow to Luhan a little, or maybe he just tilted his head and it seemed like a bow. Chanyeol somewhat glanced at Baekhyun for a split second before walking off. The other guys simply heeded no attention towards the beta frat.

 

The beta boys were aghast. What happened to 'being friends' last night?

 

Kyungsoo's eyes teared. Jongin didn't even spare him a moment's glance. He just walked past coolly, as if they had never seen each other for the light of day. He knew it was all too good to be true. Jongin was never going to love him the way he loved that younger male.

 

It hurt knowing this.

 

"Let's go, guys. They're s anyway. Should have known better than to hang out with s." Joonmyeon said with a serious face. He didn't like to see his mates in pain, especially Kyungsoo, who looked like he was about to cry. Baekhyun held back his tears too. He was angry at Chanyeol for making a fool out of him. And last night's walk simply made him angrier, thinking how he'd fallen hard for that giant. Such a ing waste of his breathe and time.

 

"I don't feel like going to class." Jongdae said with a sigh. He wasn't in the mood to party either.

 

"Cheer up, guys." Minseok said. "Luhan, talk to Sehun, ok. I'm sure he'll explain the cold shoulders they gave us just now."

 

"Sure." Luhan answered bitterly, wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo's neck. "And sunshine..."

 

"What?"

 

"I'll beat the crap out of Jongin for you, if you want me to." He lifted Kyungsoo's chin up to face him. And very gently, placed a soft kiss on the younger boy's forehead. "No one hurts a beta and expect to come out alive from it."

 

 

________________________

 

 

 

They were sweating like pigs by the time they finished their dance practice. Tonight's performance was going to rock, for sure. And Jongin couldn't wait to show Kyungsoo his dance moves. He'd been a little guilty for ignoring the older male completely this morning, but Kyungsoo would have understood, right? The Theta frat had their eyes on the alpha boys this morning, and if it weren't for that, Jongin would have kissed his lover senseless right there in the hallway.

 

The sound of someone clearing his throat instantly caught all their attention, and the boys turned to find Luhan standing by the doorway, glaring at them. "Practicing hard, I see." He remarked bitterly. "Why the cold shoulder this morning?"

 

"We thought you guys would have known." Chanyeol said. "People were watching us."

 

"And that's bad because...?" Luhan didn't get why the alpha frat valued their ing reputation so much. If it meant hurting friends around them in the process, then reputation and all those bull other people will have on him. He'd rather be around people who actually cared about him, not talk behind his back.

 

Guilt momentarily flashed through everyone's faces, and Luhan's frown turned into a grin. They had the decency to feel bad, at least. "You bruised Kyungsoo's feelings, Jongin, so I expect you to apologize to him. Poor boy broke down during presentation today, and he'd have to repeat the whole thing again next week. And Sehun..." Luhan called out.

 

Sehun pointed a finger to himself, looking at Luhan in a quizzical manner. "Me?"

 

"Yeah, you. Come here for a moment. I need to ask you a favour."

 

Sehun sauntered over without another word. He was somewhat excited that Luhan was asking him for a favour, but a small part was nervous too. Luhan was asking him for a FAVOUR! Wow! Imagine that!

 

The rest of his alpha mates made small talks amongst themselves, wondering how they planned to apologize for their rude behaviour this morning. Jongin was extremely worried about Kyungsoo. He hoped the older boy could wait for his apology until after the festival.

 

When Sehun returned after that, there was a large smile plastered on his face. The guys asked him about the favour, but he said that it will be a surprise. "You guys just wait. This year's Christmas festival will be awesome."

 

Jongin hoped so. He wanted to go out with Kyungsoo after the festival. A kiss under the mistletoe....he smiled at the thought of that. And he planned to share it with his new lover this year.

 

 

________________________

 

 

 

The alpha sorrority arrived three hours before the real event. One of the songs will feature both the Alpha sorrority and fraternity in a group pairing dance. And Jongin got Yoona, as expected. The queen bee wasn't as y that day, but she still fussed over the costume they had to wear later. Jongin simply wanted to day to end before his date with Kyungsoo.

 

An hour before the festival started, Sehun disappeared off somewhere. The guys couldn't contact him. Assuming he was already waiting in the main auditorium, they didn't wait for him to return, and quickly made their way over. The hall was teeming with people by the time they arrived. Yixing and Kris offered to look for the Sehun while the others waited in the changing room at the back.

 

"Alright guys, first performance will be by the beta frat." Someone announced at the doorway, just minutes before the first performance.

 

Jongin's heart made a small leap. He got to see Kyungsoo on stage first, and it thrilled him. Kris and Yixing returned to the changing around that time, but Sehun was still missing, they said. "We can't find him. Did something happen?" Kris asked worriedly.

 

Jongin was worried too. "Maybe he'll turn up once the performance starts. Let's just join the crowd and watch first. The first slot will be performed by the beta frat. Our turn is after the Theta frat. And the delta sorrority performs after us. The beta goes onstage again after them, and we end the show."

 

"You seemed to know the whole schedule for tonight. Who told you that?" Yixing asked.

 

"Someone announced it just now." Chanyeol answered. "Let's go. I want to see Baekhyun on stage."

 

They joined the massive crowd in the middle of the auditorium. The lights dimmed moments later and suddenly, a familiar music came on. The crowd watched the stage in anticipation. The stage lights came on, and five boys appeared from under the stage, a platform slowly lifting them up.

 

Jongin immediately recognized Kyungsoo, the one standing in the middle. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Luhan were there too. But the most shocking discovery would have been Sehun. He appeared with a smirk on his face, and the alpha boys had to hold back the urge to kill him on the spot. He was probably too ing happy to be on the same stage with Luhan to care that his own frat mates had been worried about him for an hour.

 

That will die later.

 

(cue background music, you guys! Some of you might have guessed this song. But for those who didn't, please click!)

 

Needless to say, the alpha boys found themselves gawking at the whole performance. The beta frat was actually dancing on stage! They could dance...geezus, they could really shakes those asses, and none of it seemed awkward. Jongin might have drooled a few drops without realizing it. And Chanyeol, he was just so in love with Baekhyun's voice to care about the world shoving him aside to get a closer look.

 

Even Kris, Yixing and Tao were stunned by the performance. They stared with their mouth hanging open, amazed to watch such a smooth performance, and the vocals, especially on Jongdae's part, WOW! He can pull his voice.

 

Nothing about the beta frat screamed geeky during that moment. Even the other frats and sorrorities seemed to be enjoying the show.

 

Jongin had his eyes on Kyungsoo the whole time. That deep voice in the beginning, the way his hips swayed, and the heart-shaped smile on his face....perfect.

 

Kyungsoo was perfect.

 

And Jongin fell hard for Kyungsoo the second time that week. He didn't know he could be even more in love with someone, but there he was, sobbing quietly on Kris's shoulder, while Yixing rubbed his back. "You should talk to him after the show."

 

"I plan to kiss him after the show."

 

"You're so cheesy, Jongin." Tao remarked.

 

"Yeah, but I'm in love, so it's okay to be cheesy about it."

 

"I want to see Baekhyun now." Chanyeol suddenly said.

 

They had to shout a little, because the crowd was wild. But luckily, no one paid any attention to what they were saying. The performance ended with a bow, and the boys left with smiles on their faces after that. The MC returned to the stage and introduced the next performance.

 

Jongin and the guys didn't bother to watch this performance. They wanted to see the beta boys first. That was more important than the festival right then.

 

 

______________________

 

 

I love that performance actually. But I prefer Shinee's original one more, of course. Taemin is soooooo hot!!! Kyahhh!!!! Fangirling! LOVELIES, IT IS NOW THE 28TH of NOVEMBER, and at 6PM tonight, KST, EXO SHOWTIME WILL BE RELEASED.

 

OMIGOSH. DYING. Felt like I waited for an eternity for this. But I need to wait another day or two for the subs. *sigh*. No matter. Someone would have posted something on tumblr. I can't wait!!

 

Oh ya, if anyone wants to add me on tumblr, it's FreakyWackyLalala. I know, my profile name . Hahahaha.

 

These are all the names of the frats and sorrorites in this fic. I only mentioned a few.

 

In terms of size, the Alpha frat and Beta frat is the smallest. Only six of them in each house. But they're also the strongest. The theta frat are the jocks. All the other houses have more than six students. This university is huge, so everyone needs a place to stay, especially the ones who live on campus.

 

The largest (in terms of the number of students) would have to be omega and zeta. I will explain this later. XD

 

Since there are sorrorities(girls) and fraternities (boys), the total amount of houses would thus be 48?! Me thinks. I'm not sure yet. Hahahaha. Sorry. Will do the math again later.