The Truth Hurts like Hell, right?

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

KAISOO HERE! Thanks so much for your support, guys. You guys give me really good comments sometimes. XD A little late today.

 

 

_____________________

 

 

Whenever Jongin faces a problem that he could not solve, he would turn to his frat mates. They can be helpful at times----'at times' doesn't necessarily connotes every single damn time---and Jongin would know what he needs to do next, or at least have an idea of it.

 

Today, for instance, is one of those times. Chanyeol is finishing off an essay---gasp----and Kris is helping him with it---gasp again---while Tao is teaching Yixing how to spar----le gasp---so Jongin uses this golden opportunity to ask his friends for advice.

 

The conversation starts off with Jongin first. "I don't know what to do about Kyungsoo, guys...." He trails off, his shoulders slumping lower as he sinks back against the couch.

 

Kris, the one standing closest to him, replies then, "Still can't get him to tell you what you did wrong?"

 

"I can't even get him to begin with. He vanishes faster than my mother's daily allowance. And that's pretty fast, you know, considering how much of a spendthrift that woman is."

 

"Ten minutes into her shopping spree and she comes out with twenty bags in her arms. Yeah, we know." Kris says with a sigh. Jongin's mother has a habit of spending too much unnecessarily sometimes---no, screw that, she does it all the time. "Did you try going over to the beta frat?"

 

"I'm not going there during the day. You know how quickly gossip can spread. It's best I don't attract any more trouble to Kyungsoo on top of the one I'm already facing. I tried going over last night, but Kyungsoo wasn't in, according to Byun Baekhyun."

 

Chanyeol instantly tilts his head towards Jongin, eyes wide with surprise. "Did he say anything about me?"

 

"No, but he was really grouchy. He starts nagging at me for being an and how I shouldn't even have to bother about Kyungsoo anymore because they can take care of him better than me. I wasn't sure how to feel about that, but there's no way in hell I'm giving up so soon."

 

Yixing comes over to sit beside Jongin on the couch then, patting the younger's back. "You'll need to look at this from his point of view. Is there anything you would have hated Kyungsoo to do, if he had been you in the club that night?"

 

"I would have been jealous at everything, actually. You know what people do in clubs. Heck, weren't you making out with some random chick in a corner somewhere at the time, hyung?"

 

"That's beside the point." Yixing says with a grin. "Though I did enjoy our little pokey session."

 

"You had ?!" The others basically yell out in unison at the remark. And Yixing bursts out laughing heartily at his friends' reaction.

 

"Of course not, idiots. I didn't even touch her s. Now, back to Kyungsoo. Jongin, I know that you have the tendency to get jealous really easily, but Kyungsoo obviously doesn't. Yet, is there something that you know you will never forgive your boyfriend if he did it before your eyes? Something that could easily break your relationship into two. Come on, there has to be something."

 

"Like what?" Jongin furrows his eyebrows, thinking hard for an answer. "Holding hands with Baekhyun?"

 

"Yah." Chanyeol cuts in, pouting like a jealous moron. No one pays him any attention though.

 

"No, I don't think so. That's too....well, I don't think anyone would break up over a silly thing. Plus, they're best friends. Figure something else. Think." Yixing urges.

 

"I would have hated to see my lover cheat on me." Tao suddenly interrupts.

 

Everyone's eyes are fixed on him after that, with a blanket of silence over them. Tao has basically mentioned something so paramount and pertinent to the point of their conversation, that it amazes the boys how no one had thought about it in the beginning. Obviously cheating is the worst thing that one could do behind his or her lover's back. If you cheat, it's like giving a free-pass ticket to the other in demanding a break-up. 

 

And soon after, everyone including Jongin, wonders if the boy had actually slept with anyone from the club that night. They turn to stare at Jongin now, waiting for an answer. But the boy is just as clueless as they are, pursing his lips into a thin line.

 

"Try to at least recall the morning after...like the after-effects of the night before. Was there anything to suggest that you slept with someone?" Kris asks.

 

The front door opens at that very moment and Sehun enters with a strange-looking guy behind him. Well, it's obviously strange when he's wearing a scarf around his neck during the summer, and a pair of rainboots on his feet. A cap is covering his face when he steps into the house, as if trying to hide his face. That's the most probable reason actually. Sehun had been holding his hand when they entered, and the moment he sees his frat mates staring back at him, he quickly lets go of the hand.

 

The stranger then kindly closes the front door with a gentle click before slipping off his cap. "Luhan ge." Tao greets out first.

 

"Da Jia Hao." Luhan greets back with a smile. "I see that everyone is well. Good. Except you, Jongin. You look like hell ran you over with a bike."

 

"Still bold as always, Luhan hyung." Jongin utters, rolling his eyes. "What brings you here during the daytime?" He manages to hide the bitter tone in his voice from Luhan, but everyone else is aghast with his rude introduction. Sehun, especially, is sending him a very hard glare, of which he graciously ignores.

 

"I'm on a study date. It's too dangerous---cue eye-rolling from Luhan---to do it anywhere else in campus, so Sehunnie brought me here instead."

 

"Did anyone follow you guys here?" Jongin asks, out of caution. Chanyeol almost slaps him for it.

 

"Not that we know of. But I don't really give a damn right now. I've got a study date to do." Sehun utters back with a deadpan face. Luhan doesn't realize the tension between them at the moment, fortunately, but everyone can see the fierce stares Jongin and Sehun are giving each other.

 

To avoid any unwanted catfights, Sehun then takes Luhan's hand in his and swiftly drags his boyfriend across the living room, his sight never leaving Jongin. He doesn't want that bastard of a friend of his to suddenly jump on Luhan and cause a bloody scene. But oblivious Luhan manages to slip something out first before he gets dragged up the stairs.

 

"By the way, Jongin, if you're wondering why Kyungsoo is so mad at you, maybe you should tell your to respect your relationship someday. That boy's been a crying mess for the last two days and it's beginning to disrupt everyone's sleep. I wouldn't mind hugging him to bed, but I'm sure he'll prefer you over me anytime." Luhan doesn't fail to notice the flash of jealousy across Jongin's face for a moment. It's amusing to see his reaction sometimes, because envy usually pops out first.

 

"But anyway, those two girls you ed, according to Jongdae, aren't really hot. It's just sad that Kyungsoo had to witness the whole thing with his own eyes because words could at least be doubted. Well, that's all I have to say. If you're planning to look for Kyungie-poo, he'll be going out for dinner with Hyunsik tonight."

 

"Who's Hyunsik?" Jongin asks in panic. This is the first time he hears of such a name.

 

"That guy's a sweetheart, really." Luhan says, earning him a not-so-gentle pinch on the arm by Sehun. "And he's Kyungie's ex-boyfriend from high school, just so you know. Too-ta-loo, es. I've got some studying to do."

 

Sehun and Luhan disappear up the staircase before anyone could do anything to them. And Jongin, bless that boy, is already running out of the door when the guys turn back to him a second later. No one bothers to go after him, simply because it's something a guy would do too, if their lovers are suddenly meeting their exes. But they do question Kyungsoo's motives, because it's only been two days since Jongin's unfateful night. 

 

Is there a secret that Kyungsoo is hiding from Jongin?

 

The boys take turns to have their shower after that, only leaving the house once everyone is bathed, fed and pampered. They know where they need to go first if they want to know about Jongin's whereabouts. The boy isn't answering his phone, so the only other option is to ask the beta boys. So off to the beta frat they walk, four guys strutting around like a bunch of excited idiots, and five minutes later, they finally arrive in front of their destination.

 

Jongdae is the one who opens the door, a little surprised to see them. "Jongin pounded on the door thirty minutes earlier, and now you guys are here. Am I missing something important?"

 

"We just want to know where Jongin went." Tao says.

 

"And we'll be coming along this time. Jongin rushed off before we could follow him." Jongdae replies.

 

"We?"

 

Jongdae then swings the door open a little wider to reveal a half- Baekhyun rushing up the stairs. "ing troll! Where the did you hide my favourite shirt?!" The boy yells out, oblivious to the presence of four alpha guys standing by the doorway. Chanyeol reflexively blocks the entrance after that to stop his fellow members from looking at his boyfriend.

 

They quietly sneer at him when he starts blushing up a storm.

 

"I didn't hide it, you bacon. It's behind my bathroom door, the same place you left it yesterday."

 

Chanyeol scowls at him when he mentions the bathroom. "Why would he use your bathroom?"

 

"He always uses my bathroom." The troll replies.

 

"Jongdae, can you please just tell me straightaway next time instead of making me look for it------AHHHHH!!!!! WHAT THE ARE THEY DOING HERE?!"

 

Baekhyun immediately puts on his shirt, feeling a little shy now that Chanyeol is here.

 

"We didn't see anything!" Chanyeol bursts out in a frenzy, nervously waving his arms around with eyes so wide it almost looks as if they might pop out anytime soon. Baekhyun doesn't know if he should be mad or embarrassed at his boyfriend's sudden outburst.

 

"It's fine. Let's get going. Joonie!!!! Minseokkie-hyung!!!! Let's go! I don't want to be late for the drama."

 

"What drama?" Kris cuts in.

 

"I want to see Jongin cry when he finds Kyungsoo with Hyunsik later. He should be getting closer to the restaurant as we speak. Another ten minutes or so. We could get there a little faster if we take a cab. Jongin said he's running there."

 

"And that's only because he left his wallet." Yixing says.

 

They left in a big group after that, not bothered about the fact that the alphas are once again hanging out with betas. Really, it's only Jongin who has this paranoia about the two houses hanging out together. They wait for a cab in front of SMU's main entrance and five minutes later, boards one that would take them straight to the restaurant where Kyungsoo is supposedly having dinner with Hyunsik. 

 

And as for Jongin, he's getting closer too with every step he takes. The pounding of his heart is also getting stronger, and his insides churning uncomfortably at the thought of his Kyungsoo going out with another guy. Of course he doesn't like it, but after hearing what Luhan said almost an hour ago, it felt as if he didn't even have a right to say anything. He admits his fault for messing up his relationship first this time, but he doesn't get why Kyungsoo would suddenly meet up with an ex.

 

Ugh! Why is everything so complicated these days?

 

 

________________________

 

 

Jeng jeng jeng!!!! I will reveal Kyungsoo's and Hyunsik's relationship in another chapter. There might be a twist. Hahahahahaha. No hating Kyungsoo for now. The whole story hasn't been told yet. And if you're wondering, "WHEN'S THE BREAK-UP?!"

 

It's coming. Patience....

 

Found this somewhere. I ship them as BROTPs only. Nothing more. Still Kaisoo is the best for me.

 

On another note, if Kyungsoo had turned around at the time....he would have went straight into...Kai's ing hips.