Trip 3

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

A very speedy update! Another one will be out tonight. I hope. I'm writing with the speed of light. One chapter usually takes seven hours for me. But I managed it in three hours for this one. It's un-betaed by the way. I miss my beta unnie.

 

XOXO.

 

________________________

 

 

A watch.

 

The moment Kyungsoo opens his eyes the next day---yeah, he actually slept through the barbeque last night---there's a watch sitting on the bedside table facing him. It looks familiar. Very very familiar. As if he's seen it quite recently. He tries to reel his mind back to yesterday's event. They woke up early because Chanyeol wanted to shop for souvenirs, and all twelve of them took two cabs to the nearest marketplace.

 

The moment they arrived, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into the first store, where watches were sold.

 

Ah. No wonder it looks familiar. Kyungsoo remembers now. He saw it on the display shelf yesterday but it was too pricey for him. Then why is it here now? Did Jongin.....definitely. Jongin must have seen him looking at the watch and bought it afterwards. "Ah that boy. He didn't have to buy it."

 

Kyungsoo pushes himself up to a sitting position and groggily scans the room for any sign of life. Jongin must have left for breakfast already. He looks back at the watch again. It's not as if Jongin needs it. His watch probably costs more than the whole island itself. So technically, the watch in front of Kyungsoo is meant to be a present. Knowing Jongin, this is just the exact kind of act the younger male would pull on him. Buying secret gifts and expect Kyungsoo to swoon over it.

 

Pfft. Typical piece of . But that doesn't mean Kyungsoo couldn't admire it from afar.

 

He checks around once more to see if the room is empty before leaning over to grab the item. It looks much prettier up close, with an odd-looking pattern engraved around it. The watch is small compared to Jongin's watch, which is a much bigger and heavier rolex. This one fits into Kyungsoo's wrist perfectly. It's as if the watch was meant to be his.

 

"I really love this..." He mumbles to himself, not noticing the front door opening.

 

"You should keep it then." Jongin says with a smile on his face. "It looks beautiful on you. Of course, the person wearing it is more beautiful."

 

Kyungsoo could feel his cheeks getting a little flushed at those words. Of all the things he could say, why does it have to be cheesy? Ugh. Jongin will be the death of him someday. "T-thanks." He says, looking everywhere but at the lanky male standing in front of him right then.

 

With the watch now tightly wrapped around his wrist, he gets out from bed and stumbles to the bathroom. Jongin manages to secure an arm around his chest before he could trip over his own feet. And Kyungsoo could feel his skin burning at the sudden contact between them. Eventhough there's a piece of cotton fabric separating his bare chest and Jongin's arm, the warm sensation of Jongin's presence nearby is making his heart beat tenfold. God, he needs to get away soon.

 

"Are you okay, baby?" Jongin says in a low voice, checking over his angel to see if the elder is hurt.

 

"No, I'm fine." Kyungsoo remarks, abruptly pushing away the arm to enter the bathroom. He locks the door behind him and slides down against it.

 

That was close.

 

Dangerously close.

 

Over the other side, Jongin places a hand over the door and softly mutters, "I love you, Soo", eventhough Kyungsoo could not probably hear him. But he knew he has to say it. He has to keep telling the older male how much he loves him. And then a little louder, he tells Kyungsoo that he'll be heading to Sehun's room before disappearing out the door.

 

Kyungsoo heaves a deep sigh, wondering when everything started getting so complicated. He's still in love with Jongin, but he can't just easily forgive a cheater. Worse, a cheater who doesn't even admit his own mistake. A cheater who doesn't see what he's doing wrong. A cheater who lies to avoid confrontation. He wants to believe that Jongin is changing, but it's just so difficult to let go the past. After all, it's only been a month since they broke up.

 

A month is not enough to get over one's heartache. And a month is way too long a time for a man to repent on his sins. Jongin should have come after him the same day they broke up. At least try to fight back for their love. But the younger male is probably too busy sleeping around to care about the boyfriend he abandoned. Kyungsoo wouldn't be surprised if he found out that Jongin had blamed him for everything.

 

He sighs again. This is going to be a long day. And they have one more night before they return to Seoul. One more night with Kim Jongin. He stares at the watch on his wrist once more before taking it off. The watch will be kept somewhere safe. Since he'd already lost their couple ring, he doesn't want to lose another expensive gift. He wonders if Jongin kept the ring he threw at the younger male. Maybe not. But no use pondering on it.

 

He could do this. He could SO TOTALLY do this. But first, he needs a shower. A long and hot shower that doesn't involve anyone by the name of Kim Jongin. And maybe something else to soothe is beating heart too.  Yeah, he could do this. Hang in there, Do Kyungsoo!

 

___________________

 

"Hyung, I need to talk to you."

 

"I see that you've finally decided to call on moi, your friendly neighbourhood love expert." Luhan chirps, beaming at the younger male before him. "What brings you here, my little ?"

 

"You should know why I'm here, Princess Lulu." Kyungsoo huffs, pouting at the older male with his arms crossed.

 

"ion problem?" Luhan teases.

 

Kyungsoo's face turns red at the remark and is just about to walk away when Luhan stops him. "I'm kidding, my small one. Come in and take a seat. Sheesh, are you having your period or something? Soothe the glands that is of your mammary, my tiny owl. Seat next to me and tell me about Jongin's latest shananigans. I saw you guys dancing on the cruise ship back then, and thought that he's probably the reason why you're here, oh my puny dickblower. I've been waiting for you to tell me about it."

 

"Why can't you be normal and just use 'calm your ' instead of 'soothe the glands that is of your mammary'? And can you just drop it with all the weird nicknames, my annoying -han?"

 

"I'd like to think that I'm original. And the nickname stays, dear wee wee."

 

"That was from Tumblr and we both know it. Anyway, dear Sehun-blower, I came here to talk to you about Jongin."

 

"No need to state the obvious, Mr. ty pants. Just go straight to the dirty details."

 

"There's nothing dirty, hunny's bunny. He's been....nice lately. Too nice, in fact. It's scaring me. He bought me a watch today. And he keeps telling me that he still loves me. I mean, I know I still love him, but it's just hard for me to accept him so willingly right now, because I'll always remember what he did before, and it still hurts. I don't know what to do right now, young whoremaster."

 

"You shouldn't think too much about this then, my dear young . He chose to be nice but that doesn't mean you should cave in to his expectation if you're not up to it. It takes time to build up trust again, and I'm sure Jongin knows this. He's trying his best to make you like him again. Even if you can't fathom ever trusting him as a boyfriend again, you should just let him what he needs to do and play along. You don't have to like him. You'll just have to....bear it. May the power of Baekhyun's s be with you."

 

"That's the thing I'm afraid of, Lord of all s. Liking him again. I don't want to get hurt again, but with him being so nice...I don't think I could hate him anymore. And it's scaring me. I just...I don't want to get hurt again."

 

Luhan bites on his lips and stares at the hunched figure sitting beside him. Kyungsoo looks so lost, so weak right then. And he can't help but pull the boy into a tight embrace.

 

"You won't, Soo ah. I won't let that happen. No one in beta would let that happen. We'll be there for you."

 

Kyungsoo allows himself to shed a few tears. After all, this is Luhan. One of his closest friends. Someone he could call a brother. "Thanks Lu. Thanks so much for always being there. And that goes out to the others too."

 

"That's because we love you, Soo. Jongin won't hurt you again. I promise. Anyway, you shouldn't think too much about this right now. We have one more night left, and I want to enjoy it. I want you to enjoy it too, ok? Let's go out there and toss Jongdae into the sea. He's been annoying me all day, that little er."

 

Kyungsoo chuckles at the older male's reaction. He's a little glad, at least, to know that he could always count on his beta buddies.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

Sorry for any grammatical and spelling mistakes. I sped through this. Hahahahahaha. I miss writing a Luhan and Kyungsoo interaction. So here it is.