Trip 2

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Hollllllllaaaaaa, es. Am back again!

 

_________________

 

 

Jongin doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. He stills his trembling fingers when Kyungsoo purposely swaps his seat with Baekhyun and is now sitting in the other car, while Jongin ends up listening to Baekhyun's babble all the way to the market. He bites his lips when Kyungsoo chooses to stand next to Kris instead while they search for souvenirs, and since when was Kyungsoo so close to that bastard?! Jongin mutters between gritted teeth.

 

"You said something there." Chanyeol utters, suddenly standing beside Jongin causing the other to jump out of surprise.

 

"Whoa, can you not do that while I'm already having a mental breakdown?" The younger male scolds back.

 

"There, there....this is about Kyungsoo, isn't it? He's purposely ignoring you, and now you're tasting your own medicine. It's your own fault for ignoring him before this. You never really acknowledged your relationship with him. In fact...I've never really heard you announce him as your boyfriend to anyone."

 

"I never did." Jongin says bitterly. "I was a douche, and I deserve all of this right now. I guess it's not just about the night at the club anymore. I've been the worst boyfriend in the world since the very beginning, and Kyungsoo deserves to be happy, but I'm too selfish to let him go just yet. I don't think I could ever move on without him by my side. We've shared a lot of things together, and I know he's the one for me. But I screwed everything up, and...well, here I am, suffering the consequences. I'd do anything, anything, to get him back, hyung." Jongin trails off, and Chanyeol could see, for the first time in months, that Jongin is finally serious about this.

 

He's no longer fooling around like he did anymore, and if Chanyeol is any better at judging people, Jongin would probably start putting up ads and fliers everywhere simply to show the world how in love he is with Kyungsoo. Deeply. Madly. Almost to the brink of insanity, to say the least. He's willing to change his life for Kyungsoo's sake.

 

"What are you planning to do first?" Chanyeol asks. His eyes are on Baekhyun---that sweet little angel of his---but his focus is on Jongin. Right now, his best friend needs him.

 

"i need to keep telling him how much I love him. And I won't hesitate to tell anyone about us anymore. If you could date Baekhyun in the open and be fine with it, I could so totally do it too. It's about time I stop being jealous of you guys." Jongin glances over at his lover and his heart does a loop when he sees the dazzling smile on Kyungsoo's face. 

 

If only that smile is directed to him at the moment....he'd kill for it.

 

The beta boys shop for some souvenirs at the market, knowing that they might never return to Jeju again anytime in the near future. Everything's just ridiculously overpriced there. Kyungsoo only has enough to get something for his mom and dad. And he's a iittle sad that he couldn't afford the Chrome Heart rolex he saw. With a heavy heart, he bitterly pries himself away from the display collection and scans the cheaper range of products nearby.

 

Jongin, however, notices the longing look on Kyungsoo's face when he happened to be glancing over seconds ago. The moment Kyungsoo stalks away to check some other items in the store, Jongin quickly rushes over to purchase said watch. The counter girl gives him a cheery smile and offers to wrap up the watch for him.

 

"Is it a gift for someone special?"

 

"Yeah. It's for my boyfriend. You see the one hunched over that crystal ball right now? That's him." He beams proudly. "By the way, could you wrap up that crystal ball too? He seems to like it."

 

"Sure do, dearie. Anything else?"

 

Jongin peers over at Kyungsoo once more, who is now looking at a pair of black sneakers with adorable white heart prints all over it. His face seems to light up at the design, and Jongin's heart lights up at the same time too. Since they already have a pair of couple rings---and now that he mentions it, Kyungsoo's ring is not there---they might as well get a pair of couple shoes too.

 

And hats.

 

Or pajamas.

 

Maybe bags.

 

Or something even better. Couple shirts with their names on it. And a big heart printed in the middle to show the world what a beautiful couple they are. Jongin smiles gleefully as he thought of this, while the girl stares at him with an amused expression on her face. "I guess you'll be wanting the shoes too. We have a different colour for that same design; white with black hearts. Would you like it?"

 

"Yes!" Jongin agrees a little too quickly, and this time he means it. There's no space for him to fool around anymore. Kyungsoo's happiness is more important than anything in the world right now, and he has a mission to set things right again. It doesn't matter if he ends up getting hurt in the end, but as long as Kyungsoo's happy, everything's worth it.

 

The girl scoots off to get the items, while he continues to stalk his lover. Watch, shoes, crystal ball, scarfs, bracelets, a pair of boxing gloves, and even a shovel---Jongin will never know what Kyungsoo plans to do with it if the elder ever bought it---the younger male has never been so happy at spending such extravagant amount of money at such a short period of time. It makes him feel like Christmas again, when he gets to spend time with people he cares about, and they would all exchange Secret Santa gifts.

 

It's the only time he ever feel like he has a family. And Kyungsoo is his family.

 

Three hours later, they return to the resort for lunch.

 

___________________

 

Kyungsoo has never been a fan of the sea. He prefers swimming in pools because they don't have current that could sweep you away so suddenly. And you would always know where the pool ends, the moment you swim from one end to the other. But the ocean is different. It'll probably take days, maybe weeks, before anyone could spot dry land again, and that is if they happen to be floating towards land. 

 

So no, the sea is definitely not his cup of tea. He prefers tanning himself on the beach, far from the rowdy apes fooling around in front of him right now. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are pretending that no one but them are around as they stroll along the water line with their fingers laced together. Jongdae is already trolling around with Baekhyun, splashing seawater at Chanyeol and pulling faces at Baekhyun, but the lovebirds have long since mastered the art of ignoring the troll. Minseok tags along after Jongdae because he doesn't really have anyone else to hang out with.

 

A few metres to the back, Joonmyeon and Yixing are having some deep conversations about life. No one bothers about them.They look like a pair of old folks just going along with the flow. Behind them is Kris and Tao, who are secretly holding each other's hands, and Kris is probably thinking that no one could see them. Pfft.

 

Luhan and Sehun would not have noticed because they're too busy making out at the back, but Jongin could see everything. Kyungsoo's pace seems to be getting slower with every step, as if he plans to run off somewhere the moment someone forgets about him. But Jongin continues to keep an eye on him. He doesn't want to be left alone, and at the same time, he doesn't want anything bad to happen to Kyungsoo either. God only knows what he would do if that happens.

 

"Kyungsoo ah, are you okay?" He asks, stopping immediately when Kyungsoo freezes.

 

...since when did Jongin stand in front of me?

 

All plans to escape the inevitable ocean dip have failed. They're getting to a spot where no one would be around to pester them, and every step is bringing Kyungsoo further away from the resort. He knows he would never be able to tan himself peacefully, knowing Luhan and Baekhyun. They would do everything in their power to see him soaked through from top to bottom. Those spawns of Satan. No .

 

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo lies. Jongin doesn't have to know about his fear. It's not something that would traumatize him but it's still embarassing to let anyone know about it.

 

Jongin seems to take the bait and shrugs his shoulders. "Come on then. They'll getting further away."

 

Kyungsoo nods his head and blindly follows after the younger boy. His face pales at the thought of having sea water all around him, not knowing where to hold for support in case he drowns. What if his feet cramp halfway through? Who would save him then? ity . Hooooooly . . . I'm gonna die.

 

"Jongin." He suddenly calls out and Jongin stops once more. When he turns around to face his lover, his heart takes a dive to his stomach when he notices how pale Kyungsoo's face had become. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, closing the distance between them immediately.

 

"I-I don't feel so good." Kyungsoo says, looking down at his feet. Ah, this is embarassing. But it won't be as embarassing later. He really wants to lie down right now. Preferably a bed. But the sand is acceptable too.

 

He lets out a yelp of surprise when Jongin suddenly picks him up in his arms. "Come on, let's go back to the hotel." The younger male says, and Kyungsoo is grateful he doesn't have to walk all the way back. He doesn't think his knees could hold him up much longer.

 

Jongin trudges back to the hotel in long strides and by the time they get back to the room, he gently puts Kyungsoo down on the bed before going over to boil some hot water for his boyfriend. "I'll make some tea for you. Just rest first. Here, cover yourself up with a blanket, baby. I don't want you to catch a cold. We'll be doing a barbeque for dinner later."

 

Kyungsoo ignores the endearment Jongin had just used. He's still a little shaken up over his mental panic earlier. And maybe a short nap would do the trick. Closing his eyes, he eventually drifts off to sleep, oblivious to the fact that Jongin had laid down beside him and pull him into a hug. Jongin kisses his forehead lightly before drifting off to sleep himself.

 

________________________

 

 

A short update for you guys. It's been a while Just so you guys know, I failed the bet. I had five more chapters to cover and law is not something I could study overnight. I need time. So my official 29 (28?) days hiatus will start next week, when my classes start again. I will try to update as much as I can this week. Hahahahaha.

 

XOXO.

 

Baby Soo in a movie. *claps*  It'll finish filming in March. And maybe by June we'll get it.