A Pan for a Man

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

The title is retarded. But exams ed me up so let's assume my brain got fried and now I'm retarded. Here's a retard chapter that would probably make you hate someone for a while.

 

A new fic is sitting in drafts while I'm trying to finish up this one. Lol.  And it'll be out in June. XD

 

_____________________

 

 

"Choi Seung-hyun....that name gives me the creeps." Sehun says over lunch. "I don't like him Jongin."

 

The two boys are now having their lunch in the cafeteria, and it's odd because Jongin hates the damn place, as much as he hates the crowd staring at him with their ing judgmental eyes and discreet gossips echoing in the air. They think he can't hear them---how wrong they are!---because Jongin is apparently associating with the geeks now, and that makes him uncool, so now the whole campus is talking about him.

 

He eats his burger slowly, eyes darting from one face to another as he awaits for a particular someone he's been dying to punch the living soul out of. And that someone is currently preoccupying Sehun's mind. At least, in a negative way.

 

"Yeah, I don't like him, Jongin. He's got badass written all over his face. And probably his too. I don't like the way he looks at Luhan." Sehun mumbles, in which point Jongin had gotten tired of. He hasn't slept all night, opting to take care of Kyungsoo while the rest of the world dives down into their peaceful slumber. And it's a good thing he stayed up anyway. Kyungsoo had woken up some time around 3am to scream his lungs out because of a nightmare, and Jongin had been there, cooing him back to sleep.

 

The older male was a little stubborn to acknowledge Jongin at first, but exhaustion soon takes hold of his body again, and he couldn't help leaning back against the younger male after that, breathing in Jongin's sweet scent of cologne and mint, and having those long, warm arms wrapped around his tired little body feels like heaven. If heaven comes in the form of Kim Jongin, he could practically drown in it, but he knows how reality could change that anytime. Jongin may be all sweet and caring right now, yet it doesn't prove that he's completely reformed from his past self.

 

One false step and Kyungsoo could easily fall into another manhole of grief and regret. No ing way will he take that chance again.

 

After putting the older male back to sleep, Jongin paced around the room for a good three minutes and tried to work out the logic behind Kyungsoo's sudden attack. Why would anyone hurt his baby if he was to blame for all of this? After all, Jongin is as much a party of this rumour as Kyungsoo is. And it's not like he had been forced to be with the older male.

 

What do they want with his baby?

 

Revenge?

 

Fun? The thought made him clench his fists.

 

He sighed out of frusration, squatting down in front of Kyungsoo to stare at the older boy's face. "I wish I could take away your pain." He muttered out softly. Too tired to think after that, Jongin then decided the best way was to face the leader of Nu frat head-on, which brings us back to the reason why he's sitting in the cafeteria at that moment, with his best friend Sehun, eyeballing everyone.

 

"Jongin ah, maybe he's not coming in for lunch."

 

"Nonsense. He's a guy. Unless he ed up his anatomy and removed his stomach, then he'll be coming in for sure. Just wait."

 

"I don't like him though. I don't see why we have to wait for that face."

 

"I don't care if you don't like him. You'll just deal with that yourself, but I have a score to settle with him. He hurt Kyungsoo and I can't just sit around and do---"

 

"Jongin, it's him." Sehun suddenly mutters darkly, lowering his head to glower at the newcomer stepping through the cafeteria's double doors.

 

Jongin's eyes immediately meet his prey. And his whole body tenses up in anger. Seung-hyun is happily smiling along with his Nu frat buddies, not having a care in the world about a certain doe-eyed boy they hurt yesterday. In fact, they don't even care to look at the crowd around them, as they make their way over to the menu to see what's available for lunch.

 

"Ninnie ah, don't start anything here. There's too many people." Sehun advises his best friend, a little worried now. He knows how impulsive Jongin can get if he chooses to be and picking out a fight in the middle of a busy place like this will scour Alpha's reputation even more than finding out Jongin's relationship with Kyungsoo.

 

Fortunately, Jongin heard Sehun's advice and calms down a little. "You're right. I'll get him when he's all alone. He's weak without his goons anyway."

 

"And you're not?"

 

Jongin shoots him a glare.

 

"What? You can't exactly fight a one-on-one battle with Seung hyun, Jong. The last time you tried that with Kris, you ended up lying on the ground with your face stuck into a heap of turd. I told Kyungsoo that by the way. You can't sass me."

 

"You did what?! Who the gave you the liberty to just spill out all my embarrassing secrets?"

 

"That boy has some secret ninja techniques of adorableness hidden under his armpits, I swear. One second he's evil, the next he's all big eyes and cutesy, like that cat in Shrek. Ninja, I tell you, ninja."

 

"I'll kill you after I'm done with that bastard Seung hyun. And his right hand man Ji yong too."

 

" them all you want but don't blame me for falling prey to your . Kill Kyungsoo instead for being too sneaky."

 

"Of course I can't kill him. He's my baby." Jongin says, smiling goofily.

 

"Aigoo....look at that face. Makes me wanna puke. The level of gayness you have for your ex makes me question my relationship with Luhan. I love him and all, and we at least three times a day at most, but I don't do that face, hyung. It's just...too gay for me." Sehun gags, sticking out his tongue.

 

"No, of course not. Yours is probably ten times worser than mine. Oh~Luhannie~give me your ~oh~" Jongin moans out, causing Sehun to spit out his orange drink when he choked on it.

 

"I don't do that! You're so sick, Kim Jongin."

 

"Oh yeah? At least I don't have my boyfriend's slapping my face ten million times a day. Anyway, they're done with lunch. What say we take a casual walk with Seung hyun later? Just the three of us. Like a date, maybe?"

 

"Threesomes? I might like that. But I still don't like him though, just so you know."

 

"No one asked you to like him, Sehunnie. It's just a walk." Jongin snickers, wondering if the pool is empty that day.

 

______________________

 

The next time Kyungsoo sees Seung Hyun, it's already late evening, and he's soaking wet from top to bottom, slowly making his way back to the Nu frat while he ignores  all the snickering and protruding stares directed towards him. Kyungsoo knows what the Nu frat leader did to him, and he figures it's just karma seeking out revenge for throwing a poor innocent boy into the pool yesterday.

 

Baekhyun stays by his side, an arm protectively wrapped around his neck as they watch Seung hyun from the second floor window of Kyungsoo's room.

 

"One look at him and I could tell that Jongin's somehow involved with this. I'm not even surprised if he planned it all out, since he was so worried about you yesterday. He practically took the midnight flight to get home just to see if you're okay. I still hate him though, for being an , but I hate Seung Hyun more now." Baekhyun says.

 

Kyungsoo refuses to comment back. But he supposed that he owes Jongin his gratitude. After all, yesterday had been awful. Every single moment of it. When they dunked his head into the water, he half thought they were just planning to teach him a short lesson about knowing his place in society. But then they took it a step further and pushed into the water, and all he could remember was the pain shooting through his body. He felt his lungs crush from within as he struggled for air, arms flailing everywhere and heart beating erratically against his chest. Someone held his head down, pulling his hair with a killer grip as he tried in vain to free himself. But eventually he gave in to darkness, being knocked out of breath and exhaustion, and before his frat mates found him, he was lying wet and shivering on the cold marbled floor of god-knows-where, whimpering for help. The place was dark, the sound of water dripping in the dead silence scared him to his bones and his whole body screamed in pain when he hugged his knees to his chest. He'd never been bullied so badly before, so the experience was enough to traumatize him.

 

"Serves his right, I guess." Baekhyun finishes, pulling Kyungsoo back into bed. "Let's take a nap, Soo. I'm beat."

 

____________________________

 

 

By the time Luhan kisses his frat mates goodnight, and Kyungsoo should be in bed but instead he sneaks out to do the one thing he swore he would never do, Kyungsoo begins having second thoughts about seeing Jongin just to thank him for that day. He knows that he owes the younger boy his gratitude, because Jongin did went out on his way to help him, but sneaking around like a thief in the middle of the night, wearing dark clothes for better disguise, just so he could sneak to the Alpha frat house unnoticed suddenly seems like a bad idea. For one, there're still people hanging about outside, talking in voices ten decibels higher than usual because it's dark and they think that people wouldn't care to check who's making so much noise outside their dorm. Well, people like Kyungsoo actually cares, because it's annoying and silly, but he doesn't do about it since these guys are usually so intimidating.

 

But at the moment, he's fine with them. Their noise level may distract people from noticing the doe-eyed boy, quietly making his way through the dimly lit pathway on the west side of campus. The Alpha house is located directly on the east side of the campus, so there's still a long way to go. He ignores the Omega frats whistling after him, calling him Jongin's and commenting on his . Subconciously, he's quite confident about his , so whatever they say doesn't affect him. Halfway through campus, he comes into contact with the Alpha sorrority girls, thankfully only Yoona and Tiffany, but they're too busy gossipping about something to notice him. And when he's almost approaching the Alpha frat, the Zeta sorrority and Theta frat decide to have a little fun by throwing a baseball at him, asking him if Jongin's balls are as big as that. Kyungsoo purportedly ignores them and doubles his pace.

 

He actually thought about texting the boy, but then decided against it because he's already ten feet away from his destination, and there's no way he could just chicken out after making through all that harassment. Plus, it would be rude to just thank someone on the text when that person did something you would forever be indebted to. Jongin may not have saved him, but he's done something for Kyungsoo that the older boy would never do. No. He can't just text Jongin. He needs to tell the boy himself.

 

After ignoring the boy for such a long time, it feels a little unnverving to just appear in front of him again and thank him for something. After all, Jongin did cheat on him some months back. "I'm thanking a cheater. I should be spanked." Kyungsoo tells himself. But a small part of him wants to see Kim Jongin; to forget about the past and just see him as he is now. What if.....No, Kyungsoo shakes his head. He can't falter now. He's already made it clear to Jongin that he would never forgive the boy. But what if....just what if...Jongin had never cheated.

 

Would things be different now?

 

"Why must the world be so ing complicated?" Kyungsoo sighs. "Oh well, here goes nothing." Instead of trying for the front door, because he's not planning to face the other Alpha frat members, he opts to enter through an open window. The plan is simple; Get in, sneak to Jongin's room and thank him. Then leave as fast as his tiny legs could carry him. And hopefully Jongin doesn't follow along.

 

When he goes around to the back, he's glad to see an open window, one that leads into the kitchen. That would do. Not bothered to check inside first, he heaves himself up to the ledge and swings one foot in, careful not to make any noise whatsoever. This is a stealth mission after all, eventhough the rational side of Kyungsoo thinks it's stupid. It's stupid and he should've just knocked on the front door like a normal human being. Maybe the water from the pool yesterday isn't filtered out completely yet, and now it's messing with his system, but it all, he's already one foot deep in muck.

 

He climbs through the back window that leads into the alpha frat's kitchen, and comes face-to-face with Tao. The Chinese male is so shocked to see a person coming through the window that he literally screams in fear, calling out for Kris and pointing a pan at Kyungsoo. "Yah YAH! Get out. Oh my god, KRISSSSSSSSS~ Who the are you?! Jonginnie!!!!!!"

 

Kyungsoo makes the mistake of not announcing his presence. Yet, the thought of letting Jongin see him climbing through the back window makes him more nervous than ever, and instead of telling Tao to shut up, he climbs through first until his feet are firmly planted on the floor. Out of fear, Tao grabs the nearest thing he has, which is the pan in his hand, and throws it at the boy.

 

A plonk is heard when the rest of the Alpha frat enters the kitchen, and Kyungsoo is lying on the floor, out cold.

 

___________________

 

Anyone miss me? I miss you all too! Just thought of updating one while I'm taking my lunch break.

 

Kaisoo next, lovelies! Of course, Kaisoo is in every chapter. Then Baekyeol and Hunhan.

 

Adorable Jongin is adorable. XDDDDDDDD