Trip 4: The Last Day

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

I've updated three chapters today. Different stories. And this fic is included too. Studied three chapters of Trust Law. And played Final Fantasy Tactics on my lappy. I'm a happy gamer. XD Anyway, here's an update.

 

For all my lovely readers, thanks for your wonderful comments and upvotes. For new subscribers, thanks for subscribing. XD I don't write for the sake of getting high views and more subscribers. I write this because this is the kind of stories I like. College AU, Kitty AU, Mpreg, RomCom...the happy kind. I prefer those stories. If you guys have any recommendations, tell me! I read all pairings, including the crack ones. Hahahaha.

 

And guys, don't be afraid to criticise my writing. I want to improve my English. I still don't know which is correct, "I was" or "I were". Lol. So you can see how I really need your observation skills to point out my flaws. If you can't understand a sentence, lemme know. If the sentence is not flowery or too simple, tell me too. I'll keep it in mind for the next update. XD If my writing changes drastically from the original, and you don't like it, then inform me in the comments below. I tend to sidetrack, you see. And that's bad in the long run. It ruins the flow.

 

THANKS A LOT, GUYS!

 

Who knows, once I'm good enough, I might be able to write for competitions. Or try out Livejournal. Or maybe Archive. Dum dum dum! Gettin on with the big boys! (or girls. Most authors are girls. We're intelligent creatures we are)

 

XOXO.

 

_______________________

 


It's the last night before their inevitable return to Seoul, and half of them are not looking forward to it. Jongdae is exceptionally quiet during dinner, forking in small portions of food into his mouth because he doesn't want it to end. Minseok thinks that he's not hungry so he offers to eat up the younger's food, but Jongdae immediately pulls his plate away in a defensive manner. "I'm fine. It's not like I'm not hungry. I'm starving actually..." He trails off, causing the older male to quirk an eyebrow at him.

 

"Then what's the problem?"

 

"It's because if I eat too fast, then dinner will end early, and I don't want the night to end yet."

 

Minseok simply chuckles at the younger male's childish remark.

 

Just a few feet away, Baekhyun is enjoying his quiet time with Chanyeol, both boys stargazing that night. The taller male has his arm wrapped around the other's neck and everything would have looked romantic from afar if it wasn't for their loud chattering. Those two are definitely made for each other. If only they're a little less noisy and a lot more discreet....Chanyeol thinks that no one can see his hand snaking under Baekhyun's shirt moments later, but everyone else just pretended they saw nothing. Ew. Just...ew.

 

Luhan and Sehun are stuffing food down their mouth as much as they can, since it's such an expensive commodity here in Jeju. Kris watches them with disgust, wondering what parental aspects he did wrong to raise Sehun up into such a pig. He blames Luhan for it mostly, because before the Chinese male stumbles into the maknae's life, Sehun had been such a sweetheart, or as far as a cold sweetheart would go.

 

Sitting right behind Kris is Tao, who engages himself in a witty conversation with Joonmyeon and Yixing, and failing miserably. The couple toys with the younger male, making him answer a thousand riddles and whenever he gets them wrong, they would laugh at him. Tao could simply bow his head in embarassment, but he likes the attention since Kris is too busy eyeballing everyone.

 

As for Kyungsoo and Jongin....well, Jongin's the only one who is trying to talk to the other male. And Kyungsoo ignores him most of the time. He wants to enjoy his chicken and beef, but with Jongin's voice constantly ringing in his ears, he begins to feel tired of food. Right now, he just wants to get away and enjoy his time alone, which is something he couldn't do at all for the last few days, with Jongin or someone else constantly barging into his quiet time. Jongin somehow senses his discomfort a moment later and shuts up instantly, with a sad look on his face because he manages to mess things up. Again.

 

They eat in silence for a while, or at least, in Kyungsoo's part. Jongin is just sitting there, staring at his food with a sad pout on his face. He's about to get up from his seat when a piece of chicken lands on his half-filled plate.

 

"Eat more. You're too skinny lately." Kyungsoo says in a flat tone, getting up first. It's not like he cares....ok, that's a lie. Of course he cares, but in a platonic way. That may or may not be a lie, but he's too tired to argue with himself. Ultimately, no one should ever starve themselves, even if they're depressed.

 

"Hyung..."

 

"I'm getting some vegetables. Do you want some?" He asks, hurriedly changing the subject. He knows what Jongin's about to tell him and he doesn't need an apology right now.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't smile or show that he cares. Instead, he keeps a straight face, as if they're dealing with some complidated business dealings, and he likes to see the sullen look on Jongin's face. It shows Jongin not to mess with people's feelings next time if he doesn't want to feel this way anymore.

 

Good, don't keep your hopes high, Kim Jongin.

 

"Y-yeah..." Jongin mutters, looking down at his plate again.

 

Kyungsoo saunters off after that, leaving a very lonely Jongin behind.

 

 

________________________

 

 

The night continues silently until morning dawns, and then it's time to board the cruise ship back. They're going back to Seoul that day, and no one is happy to leave just yet. So, as a memory, Chanyeol takes a group photo of them and promises to print out twelve copies for everyone to keep as a souvenir.

 

Kyungsoo receives another gift that day. This time the captain of the ship presents it to him. A crystal ball---what?---that could glow in the dark. The others stare at him with amused epressions when the captain hands it over, and Kyungsoo for once is struck speechless for two hours, trying to figure out what a person could reasonably do with a glowing crystal ball. Is he supposed to put it next to his bed? It's not like he's afraid of the dark.

 

Jongin watches him from afar, hoping for a little more excitement than a dull blank look from his petite boyfriend, but Kyungsoo could only sit and stare at the ball for two hours before deciding it's worth his keep. In an odd way, he's come to like it because it's so big and round and shiny and it makes him look like a fortune teller.

 

Maybe...just maybe, if the crystal ball actually turns out to be a magical one, he could do a lot of things to make this world a better place. Or plan world domination. That sounds fitting too. Not everyone ends up being good. Or he could find more blackmail materials on Baekhyun, Luhan and Jongdae. Or maybe! He could actually twist the whole SMU campus around, so that the beta boys are actually the popular ones, while the alphas....

 

Nah, what a waste of time.

 

If there's one thing he wants to change, it's probably the night he found out about Jongin's unfaithful act. Or maybe the months before, when Jongin started ignoring him. He might as well change his whole life since the day he started attenting SMU, so that he would always remain a nerd, never crossing paths with Kim Jongin, never liking that devilishly handsome dancer, never falling in love....

 

If he ended up being someone else's boyfriend, then maybe he doesn't have to go through this pain right now.

 

The atmosphere is merry as Chanyeol and Baekhyun waste away all the surplus energy they possess on country dancing. A little out of place, but then again, when were those two ever normal anyway? Kyungsoo couldn't help smiling a little when he sees the happiness on his best friend's face. And then there's Luhan, happily flirting with Sehun in a corner and the way Luhan got Sehun whipped under him is just too hilarious.

 

Kris and Tao seem to be at war with each other at the present moment, because Kris has a longing look on his face when he glances at the younger Chinese male, but Tao just looks indifferent. Jongdae sees him sitting in a corner by himself and comes over to accompany him.

 

"Are you just observing us or judging us?" The trolls asks.

 

"Both. It's what I do. Want me to read your fortune?"

 

Jongdae decides to humor the younger male and sits down beside him. "It can't be too bad, right? Sure, shoot me."

 

Kyungsoo works his magic and does some weird hand movement, while Jongdae watches him quietly with a smile. The younger male then squints his eyes and pretends to be reading something before saying, "Kim Jongdae, your love life is bleak."

 

Jongdae frowns. "Are you sure?"

 

"It says here. You will also have a gay child someday, and a baby girl who thinks you look like Hans Solo."

 

"I don't whether I should cry or laugh at that. Basically I'll be marrying some and she'll give two kids who will think their dad is weird."

 

"Cheer up. It's not so bad yet."

 

"There's worse?!"

 

Kyungsoo nods. "It also says here that you will grow a third testicle. And this one will contribute nothing to your life." Jongdae sighs. "You shouldn't worry about it, hyung. I'm sure Minseok hyung will like it." Kyungsoo finishes with a grin and Jongdae is silent after that.

 

"So you know?" He asks.

 

Kyungsoo nods again. "Like a book. I can read your body language well."

 

"Damn. Well, it's better you than Luhan anyway. We don't plan to tell anyone so soon, and Minseok's afraid Luhan might not take this easily."

 

"Well, no surprise there. I won't say a word."

 

"I trust you, Kyungsoo ah. Anyway, let me read your fortune for a change."

 

Jongdae is about to reach for the ball, when Kyungsoo says, in a soft tone, "There's no need. I already know my fortune. And if this ball could grant a person's wish, I already know what I want."

 

"What do you want then?"

 

"I wished I never met Jongin, but that's my fault for stalking him in the end. I wished I never liked him after that because liking him led me to confess my feelings, and when he confessed to me too, I wished I never said yes, because then I wouldn't end up being his boyfriend." Tears well up in his eyes as he continues, "I wished I never believed his kindness, because I should have seen the bigger picture....the fact that he was embarassed to have me as his boyfriend, the fact that it tore us apart because he doesn't want to be seen with me. He doesn't even make the effort anymore even when I put aside so much time for him. I wished I never tried so hard to search for him that night, because then I wouldn't have found him kissing that girl. His ex, of all people. I wished I never stepped into the club, because then I wouldn't have known the truth. He probably thinks I'm disgusting, which is why he could so easily sleep with those girls. I wished I never got jealous of the girls who easily associated with him, because I was never able to be like them and it made me sour. And I hated being sour. I'm sure he blamed me for it. I wished I never fell in love with him, hyung...because then I wouldn't be so heartbroken right now."

 

Jongdae pulls him up by the arm after that, taking him as far away as possble from the merry-making in the middle. No one needs to be sad right now, except Kyungsoo of course. He clutches onto the crystal ball tightly, eventhough knowing it's a gift from Jongin. But he simply couldn't throw it away.

 

And hiding somewhere behind a crate of boxes near the corner, is a sobbing mess curled up into a ball on the floor, clutching his chest tightly when pain envelops him in one sharp pang. Jongin couldn't stop the tears from spilling out no matter how much he tries to wipe them away. Everything just seems to be hurting at that moment. His head. His eyes. His body.

 

His heart.

 

He finally understands why Kyungsoo couldn't forgive him.

 

 

_______________________

 

 

A little emotional in this chapter. But the truth is all out for Jongin and he can see it. The question is: what could he do now? CLIFFY!!!!!!!

 

Anyway, last update before my inevitable hiatus. It's only until the end of feb. Happy studying/working/reading/writing/KAISOO-ing, guys.

 

Muahx!

 

Yeah, I'm ready for my Kaisoo now. *brings out popcorn and nachos and sushi and nasi lemak*

 

Shoot me em Kaisoo.