E to the ing XO, Motherers!

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

HEY HO! Here's an update, es!

 

_______________________

 

 

"Let's start a band, guys." Minseok suggested. It was so random and spontaneous that Joonmyeon literally dropped his ramen in surprise.

 

Kyungsoo simply gave the older boy his typical straight, blank face. It wasn't a bad idea actually, but he couldn't understand why it was so difficult for the others to accept this suggestion. They stared at Minseok for a long time, and nerves kicked in like a storm after that. "You mean, perform on stage in the middle of a crowd?!" Jongdae started, eyes wide with disbelief.

 

More words were thrown in by the others after that, some nice, and some just downright erted.

 

"B-but what if nobody liked us?!" Baekhyun panicked. His glasses were sliding down his nose and he didn't even bother to correct it.

 

"We could so totally on stage, Minnie." That was Luhan, and Kyungsoo ignored that. There were more pressing matters at stake.

 

Minseok tried to calm them down, but one remark eventually led to another. Joonmyeon was pacing around the room, complaining about his ramen and WHAT IF PEOPLE THREW RAMEN AT THEM WHILE THEY WERE ON STAGE?!

 

Luhan said something about something which led to something that Kyungsoo didn't want to know and Baekhyun was trying not to kill Princess Lulu for that. Jongdae mentioned something about instruments and, "WHO THE HELL WILL BE SINGING?!"

 

"I will." Kyungsoo said, raising a hand. "I volunteer."

 

"No . I want to be the main vocal." Baekhyun argued back.

 

"Then two can be." Kyungsoo said. Really. This was ridiculous. Why were they getting so worked up over this band thing? He knew his friends wanted this but they were just scared. "We need a leader though. And Joonmyeon could take that role."

 

Joonmyeon stopped pacing and stared at his frat mates, puzzled. There was always a prawn behind every rock, or so he heard. But Kyungsoo remained calm and collected. He didn't even flinch when Joonmyeon sent him a hard glare. Well, Kyungsoo had the best glare, to be honest, so there was no surprise there. "Why me?"

 

"Because you're good at leading people." Kyungsoo said simply.

 

It was settled then. For now, the main vocalists were Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Joonmyeon was their leader. The others were either back-up singers, or were just in charge of the instruments. But everyone had to play something. And after an hour of debating who would play what, with some insults thrown in between every conversation, they had finally settled their arrangements.

 

Kyungsoo chose the keyboard. Jongdae became their main guitarist. Baekhyun and Minseok were in charge of the bass. Joonmyeon played the drums. And Luhan was their other guitarist. They chose the instruments they were good at. And it was part of the music program requirement when they majored in it. Each of them had to learn at least one instrument.

 

Luhan said he could play the violin if they ever decided to go full-blown orchestra over the crowd. Kyungsoo was good with violin too, but he was better at piano. Baekhyun and Jongdae were both moderate in their guitar and violin skills. Minseok was an expert with flutes. And Joonmyeon was good in all sorts of instruments that didn't require him to use his fingers.

 

The next problem was naming their group. They sat down for a while and thought about this. Baekhyun came out with Beta Royals, but it was too...beta. They didn't want to name this band after their own frat. Jongdae wanted to call it after a food. And Joonmyeon slapped his shoulder.

 

Minseok spaced out for a long time before he asked, "What about combining the first letter in all our names?"

 

"KMLJBJ?" Kyungsoo asked, one eyebrow raised. "There's no vowels inside. And no, Luhan, you're not going to make up some stupid name from that abbreviation."

 

Luhan's face darkened as he leaned back against his chair, arms crossed in a sulky manner.

 

"What about EXO?" Kyungsoo suggested after that.

 

Jongdae thought for a while and asked, "External? Why would you name it External?"

 

"Not 'External', Jonggie. It's pronounced per alphabet. But the meaning is 'external', and Beta is sort of like an outcast in this university, don't you think?"

 

"We're geeks, apparently." Baekhyun added sadly.

 

"I have no regrets for that." Joonmyeon cut in, and sat down next to Baekhyun. "I think it's good. We're from the Science major, after all. We can't stray too far from who we are."

 

"I like that name." Minseok chirped in after a while. And now all eyes were trained on Luhan, who was eerily quiet on his seat. He looked like he had something big to tell them. And Kyungsoo somehow sensed what it was before the boy said anything.

 

"Luhan, no...." But it was too late.

 

There was a big smile on Luhan's face now as he opened his mouth and boomed out, "EXTREMELY X-PLICIT !"

 

All of them face-palmed after that, and hoped that no one would ever think of it Luhan's way.

 

 

_______________________________

 

 

They practised hard for it, but they didn't have to practise too hard. They had the talent after all. After two weeks of constantly banging on their instruments, the boys managed to learn five songs. And they planned to show only three out of those. Christmas was coming up soon and the university planned to hold a party for its students.

 

The Beta boys didn't want to attend it at first, but looking at the change of situation now, it was time they stepped up their game a little. The Alpha frat had been looking down on them for way too long. Geeks were just as good as jocks were, but in a different sort of field.

 

Of course, what sort of band would they be if they didn't have any support from the other students? Seemingly similar nerds from all over campus started hearing rumours about EXO (thanks to Luhan in the first place) and they thronged the Beta house at night. The boys played them the songs they learned. Any mistakes were not frowned upon, and the crowd basically cheered them on. Eventually, their stage fright began to lessen day by day.

 

It helped them a lot, really.

 

All the way across campus, the Alpha frat was just on their way home from practice one night when some sorority girls passed by, gossiping about an upcoming performance from the Beta frat. Jongin's attention was immediately pricked, and he scooted over to the girls to ask them what they meant. The other guys listened in too.

 

"Well, I thought you guys would have heard about it by now. Those Beta geeks came up with a band, and they're planning to perform for the Christmas festival."

 

"And you heard this from whom?"

 

"Everyone's talking about them in class. Apparently, they're the stars amongst the geeks. Is the Alpha house planning to crash the party?" She giggled excitedly.

 

Jongin wanted to smack her for even suggesting that. But crashing parties sounded fun all the same. He thanked the ladies for their useful information and the boys continued walking home. 

 

"What are you planning, Jongin ah?" Chanyeol asked, one arm draped around Jongin's shoulder.

 

"I don't know." Jongin said, still thinking about it.

 

"Why don't we perform something too? We never perform in front of other people." Tao cut in. "We could dance, you know. All of us."

 

That idea struck Jongin as brilliant. Really, why didn't he think about this? They all majored in Dance anyway. "I like that very much, Tao."

 

It was settled then. They were planning to perform for the Christmas festival. The Alpha frat was never into parties like this. It was all too mushy and nice. Night clubs were more to their preference. So when Jongin agreed to do this dance thing, the others accepted it straight away. They liked this change in him. Maybe Kyungsoo was the best thing that ever happened to them after all.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

They tossed him onto the barber's chair and tied his hands and feet. He tried to wrench himself out, but damnit, who tied it so ing tight? There were now red marks where the ropes were biting into his skin and it made him whimper in pain. But his friends ignored his little complain. They all had a large grin on their face. And Kyungsoo didn't like that. Not one bit.

 

"Colour it red." Luhan ordered. The barber was a little hesitant at first, but he gave in eventually. Minseok deposited a very VERY reasonable amount of cash into his pocket.

 

Kyungsoo saw that and tried not to yell at his oh-so-good friends. He didn't like the idea of getting his hair coloured. Oh no. Not one bit. But even if he had to, why RED?!

 

YOU, -HAN!

 

"Let go of me now, guys." He said darkly, glaring daggers at them through the mirror. The barber instantly stopped what he wanted to do and stared at the guys standing behind Kyungsoo.

 

"Keep going." Jongdae said. "Kyungie, if you move, you will hurt yourself. Now, let's go get some smoothies for ourselves. See you in three hours, Kyungie baby!"

 

"Y-yah! Don't leave me here!" Kyungsoo shouted after them.

 

Baekhyun was the last to wave his hand and bid Kyungsoo farewell. Before they disappeared completely, he managed to place his order for a strawberry and chocolate smoothie. Oh well, there was no escaping the inevitable change of his hair colour now. He might as well order a smoothie for later. He glared at the barber once more when the poor man wanted to start on his work, but after a while, slumped his shoulders in defeat.

 

"It's okay. You can do whatever they asked you to do with my hair. Abuse my hair. Change my whole ing life in one day. It's not like I can move." Kyungsoo sulked.

 

"I'm supposed to cut those ropes off after shampooing your hair anyway. I can't wash it on the chair." The barber chuckled, stomach rumbling along with it.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, because what else could he do? For the next three hours, he allowed his life to alter one excruciating snip at a time. The colouring part burned his head but he gritted his teeth and promised to murder his friends later. Then finally, the drying phase began.

 

It was.....different. New. He liked it.

 

But he was afraid to show it.

 

What if Jongin hated him even more after this?

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

As you guys can see, this chapter is a little short, because I don't know...I'm a little disappointed with it. Hahahahaha. Kidding. I liked it. I'm sorry if I bore you guys. XD

 

Anyway, the next one will be long. I guess. No promises here, lovelies.

 

THAT GODLY BADASS SMIRK! Spazzing right now...brb.