He's D.Oing it ALL OVER AGAIN!

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Hyunsik won't appear much after this. Because Kaisoo is the main couple in this fic, so yeah.....

 

____________________

 

 

Hyunsik had always been there for Kyungsoo. They've been high-school BFFs since the day Kyungsoo tripped over a puddle of mud in front of Hyunsik and the older boy was the only one amongst the group of boys there who bothered to help Kyungsoo up.

 

Kyungsoo had never been so embarrassed in his life----officially concluding his high school life to be the worst and thinking that he currently topped the victims' list then----but when a pair of large arms suddenly enveloped his small frame, he knew that all good was not lost after all. He glanced up at his saviour, and they just sort of....clicked since then.

 

Hyunsik was probably the sweetest guy to ever walk this earth, because he was the sort of person who would wait for a friend that had been left behind in a race, the sort who would step in front of a punch regardless of who he was defending, the sort who brought lunch for Kyungsoo eventhough he was really bad in cooking...and the sort who made sure no one messed with his best friend, eventhough it ended up earning him a nickname for it: 'Homo-sik'.

 

The doe-eyed boy is a little bit surprised to see Hyunsik's caller ID displayed on his phone three hours ago, but he picked up the call regardless. The first thing that hits him is Hyunsik's quivering tone on the other end, telling him that he'd just broken up with his three-year-long girlfriend because he found her cheating on him with some other dude. Kyungsoo is all ears after that, listening to his best friend's rant about the last three years of his life.

 

Funny how they could talk so casually to each other, eventhough they haven't seen or talked to each other for almost three years. Kyungsoo had to admit, he didn't like Hyunsik's girlfriend the moment he laid eyes on her. There was something very evil about her, and that was only Kyungsoo being nice on this matter. She mistreated Hyunsik on so many levels of hell, yet it befuddled Kyungsoo how his best friend could still love her so much.

 

It was either Hyunsik had been too sweet or love had just blinded him completely.

 

Kyungsoo misses his best friend, truthfully. He had long stopped talking to Hyunsik after his girlfriend---now an ex, oh sweet Geezus---threatened to leave Hyunsik if both of them continue with their friendship. She said that it made Hyunsik look gay, and that it distracted her boyfriend from paying attention on her. So Kyungsoo, out of sympathy for his only best friend, broke off their friendship a week later but both of them knew it was just a façade. They were still good friends.

 

The last time they saw each other was almost three years ago. The last time they talked on the phone----before the three-hour call earlier---was about a year back, when Hyunsik called out of the blue to convey a birthday wish. And now, after a year of hearing no news from the older male, Kyungsoo would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised to hear from his best friend again. 

 

They agreed to meet up at their favourite café, for old times' sake. And the café was about forty minutes away from SMU by foot. He took the bus though, so he got there within thirty minutes. They were supposed to meet at 7.30pm, but Hyunsik was already there when Kyungsoo arrived.

 

"When the did you get so handsome?" Kyungsoo snickered, greeting his friend for the first time in years.

 

Hyunsik gave Kyungsoo's back a gentle pat before answering, "And who told you to dress up so cutely today? You're more adorable than I remembered."

 

The younger male released a small snort before a blush crept up to his cheeks. Even after the three years' absence between them, Hyunsik could still make his heart beat so furiously. Sure, they had dated for a month or two. It was a mutual thing, really. Back in high school, they had been comtemplating about relationships and women, and decided that the two was a bad combination. So they tried dating each other, and the chemistry would have been great, if it wasn't for the fact that things got awkward when they started talking about .

 

It was just impossible. Period. Kyungsoo never regarded Hyunsik as anything more than a friend. Ok, a best friend. A brother maybe. But not as a lover. So they broke off their relationship. Again, under a mutual understanding that none of it ever happened. Yet, it would be a lie to say that there was no spark between them. There had been. Once.

 

And maybe it was still there.

 

"I see that you're well, Kyungie." Hyunsik said as he sat down. The table they chose was far from the crowded areas in the cafe. It was somewhere near the back, under a dim fluorescent light overhanging above them and the chairs were wooden, instead of the plastic ones in the front. Kyungsoo ordered some chocolate milkshake for himself, and Hyunsik ordered chicken chop for the both of them. Just like old times.

 

When the waitress came back with their food, secretly slipping her name and number under Hyunsik's plate as she did so, Kyungsoo couldn't help but chuckled at his best friend's luck. The waitress was hot, sure, but Hyunsik never failed to make someone swoon over him, be it men or women, hot or fugly.

 

"Well, you're still charming your way through everyone's heart, Hyunnie. So I assume you're fine."

 

There was a glint of sadness in Hyunsik's eyes as the words sank in. "Not everyone." Kyungsoo knew he was referring to his ex-girlfriend.

 

"What went wrong actually? Talk to me. Tell me everything. And I hope you're not blaming yourself for this."

 

A sheepish smile instantly graced the older male's lips. "You know me too well, Kyungie. Even after all these years. It's like we were never apart. Well, it started out with a small fight actually. She said something about me being a control freak and I guess a normal boyfriend would naturally care about his girlfriend's choice of outfit when she wanted to go out with her friends. Not that I had anything against her going out, but her friends were the type who liked partying 24/7. And I didn't want her to start attracting any douchebags."

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head, and his mind was able to picture himself in Hyunsik's shoes. He would have hated to see Jongin reveal all that tanned skin and ripped muscles under his shirt.

 

"Anyway, she said I should trust her a little more, and I did, you know. I actually did. Until I got a call from one of my friends working at the club she frequented lately, and he said that she was rubbing herself shamelessly against some there."

 

"You believed him?"

 

He hesitated. And then very slowly, he muttered, "Not at first. But I thought about it for a while."

 

"Still you went anyway. Did you regret it?"

 

"God no. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would have foolishly continued to love her and she'll forever think of me as a deadweight in her life. It's better to let go, you know, than to be seen as a burden." A single tear rolled down his cheek and Kyungsoo scooted over to give his best friend a hug.

 

"If I have to be frank about this, and don't hate me for it because I gave up a lot for your happiness, I'd say that I'm glad you left her. She was a from the first day I laid my eyes on her."

 

"I can't hate you for it, Kyungie. You've been my best friend for ages! I'm sorry for being a to you. No girls should come between us next time. Either she accepts you as my friend, or I'll kick her to the curb myself."

 

Kyungsoo deposited himself on Hyunsik's lap and smiled. "Or....you could just take me as your lovely wedded wife and we can forget about and . Have ten children, keep three cats---"

 

"One dog."

 

"----yeah, one dog---" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Grow wrinkles together, and dance to Frank Sinatra under the moonlight."

 

"Sounds amazing, but we both know that won't happen anytime soon. I love you, Kyungie. Just...not in that sense, you know."

 

Kyungsoo knew of course. A small smile ghosted on his lips before he returned to his seat. "Fine, minus the and the dog, we can still live under the same roof."

 

Hyunsik somehow noticed the bitter tone in Kyungsoo's voice without the younger boy realizing it. "Is there something you're not telling me, Kyungie?"

 

Silence.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to tell his best friend, but.....wait, what was holding him back anyway? It wasn't as if Hyunsik knew who Jongin was. "He's cheating on me!" He blurted out a second later, tears glistening in his eyes now. Hyunsik stared at him with a shocked expression, but otherwise he said nothing. He waited until Kyungsoo continued, "I...I-I found him in a club, ing two girls...and I----" 

 

Tears. How easy it was for him to shed tears lately. He'd thought that after crying so much, his eyes would dry out sooner or later, but everytime his mind reeled back to the moment he found Jongin frolicking around with two strangers, the tears just came automatically, and it was so hard to stop. He was so desperate to move on, to just forget about the pain, that he was willing to do anything. 

 

But in the end, he couldn't. He didn't want to use Hyunsik for his selfish request. He didn't want to seem weak.

 

"Who is he?" Hyunsik asked, a deadly tone in his voice then.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at his best friend for a moment, and saw the anger emanating from Hyunsik's eyes. He was suddenly afraid of what his best friend would do to Jongin. "His name is...Jongin. And we've been dating for six months now...but..." He sobbed and his vision was blurry.

 

"Where is that er, Kyungsoo?" Hyunsik suddenly got up and Kyungsoo panicked.

 

"W-what are you doing?"

 

"What do you THINK I'm doing?! I'm gonna kill that son of a ."

 

The café suddenly became very quiet, and all eyes were on him. Kyungsoo immediately got up and bowed at the other customers, apologizing for his friend's behaviour. Kyungsoo had never seen this side of Hyunsik before, and the thought of what the older male might do scared him. He apologized once more before dragging his friend out. A hundred dollar bill was deposited on the table, eventhough they barely touched their dinner.

 

Once outside, the cold night breeze bit into Kyungsoo's skin and he quickly tightened the coat around him. Eventhough it was still in the middle of summer, the nights felt like autumn, cold and crisp against their skin. "What the hell was that for?" Kyungsoo scolded him.

 

"I don't like to see you hurt, Kyungie. I hate to see you cry." Hyunsik said, kicking the nearest lamppost with the tip of his shoe. "I haven't spent eight years of my life making you happy, only to have some come up and hurt you like this."

 

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, speechless.

 

It was a good thing Baekhyun's voice suddenly pierced through the air after that, because Kyungsoo wouldn't have known how to diffuse Hyunsik. He turned to face his friends, and the sight of Baekhyun waving at him put a smile on his face.

 

It was because of them that he ends up running all around Seoul forty minutes later, looking for a certain someone that should have been there near the café.

 

Jongin, Jongin, Jongin...that is all Kyungsoo has in his mind as he searches everywhere for his boyfriend. Where the hell did Jongin go? Was he already back at the alpha house? No, Kris would have called then, but there's still no missed calls from the blonde male.

 

Did he go to that club? Yixing and Tao would have said something then. It's already been an hour since any of the boys seen Jongin. Where the hell did he go? "That stupid !" Kyungsoo hisses between gritted teeth. He clenches his fist until he could feel his knuckles turning white. Every shop he passes by, every person he asks, no one knows about a tall male, with model-like looks, and stylishly dressed. Kyungsoo doesn't know how else he could have described Jongin. A lot of guys he passed by so far may or may not fit the same description, but Kyungsoo is desperate.

 

His heart is thumping madly in his chest, worry and panic setting in like wildfire, fueled by the thought of Jongin having found himself in an accident, or someone might have kidnapped him, beat him up into a pulp and throw him into a dark alley somewhere. He hastens his pace and starts searching through the darker side of Seoul, the back alleys, the black markets, yet none of the faces he has seen so far could even remotely resemble Jongin.

 

Where...where...WHERE?!

 

Tears stream down his face for the fourth time that day, and this time it's because of fear. Jongin may have been an , but Kyungsoo still loves him. The feelings are still there, though not as strong as it had been two nights ago, but his heart is still beating for Jongin.

 

A familiar sight catches him and he stops. From the back, the guy looks familiar, almost Jongin-like. And a girl is standing on tiptoes in front of him, leaning forward to give him a kiss. Kyungsoo's heart skips a beat...he hasn't even seen the guy's face yet, but a storm is already brewing inside him. And then very slowly, he takes a few steps to the side so that he could get a clearer look on the guy's face. And for the fifth time that night...Kyungsoo cries again.

 

Kim Jongin is kissing a girl....and she looks familiar too. Like a passing face that Kyungsoo may have seen once, but couldn't really recall much. Then it hits him, twisting his guts into a knot. That girl...is none other than Jongin's ex-girlfriend.

 

Why the is she kissing him?!

 

Kyungsoo takes a few steps back and bolts back to the direction where he came from, tears blurring his vision as he continues to run until he had to stop and gasp for air. He shakily dials Baekhyun's number and asks for someone to pick him up.

 

"Kris should be in the area right now. He said he's going over to check that area. Kyungie ah, are you okay? How come your voice is shaking?"

 

"I-I'm fine...." Kyungsoo lies, taking in a sharp breath. "I'm just tired, Baekkie ah."

 

"Oh ok. I'll call Kris to let him know you're there."

 

Baekhyun terminates the call first and Kyungsoo then waits for someone to find him. Kris eventually turns up, waving a hand at Kyungsoo. "Hey, got a call from Baek. Whoa, are you okay? Were you crying?" He asks, surprised to see Kyungsoo's bloodshot eyes.

 

"Yeah." The younger boy admits bitterly. "Get me home, hyung. I don't want to be here right now."

 

"What happened, Kyungsoo?"

 

"I don't feel like talking right now. Just...please. Get me home."

 

Kris doesn't push him further. He follows the blonde male to a car parked nearby and hops into the passenger seat. Kris gets into the driver seat and starts the car. Once the car begins to move, only then Kyungsoo begins to breathe normally again. His mind keeps on replaying the scene that he saw. Jongin kissing his ex-girlfriend. But why? Are they still secretly seeing each other after they broke up? Did Jongin lie to him then about Yoon Hye?

 

He shuts his eyes and try to drain out his thoughts with the music Kris had played on. A nice rock song, not some ballad that would probably make him cry a river again. And Kris seems to take notice of this too. Everytime a sad music comes on, he switches the channel, but his eyes are on the road, alowing Kyungsoo to have his time alone.

 

I will never forgive you, Kim Jongin, Kyungsoo eventually says in his head.

 

Never.

 

 

______________________

 

 

ANOTHER DRAMA! ----le gasp!----

 

Ok, now this is supposed to be a double update, but ugh! Christmas prep killed me! I'm running around buying presents and food, decorated a fricking tree all by myself and helping my mum out in the kitchen...it literally drained the soul out of me. I'm sorry for not answering many of your comments for the last chapter. *bows head*

 

I really wanted to. So sorry.

 

But here's a chapter that will make you shoot fire at me in bold letters. Yep, that's right. Someone's gonna hate me. Jongin's part will be explained in the next chapter, which is halfway done. Oh bless Christmas spirit, so it will be up tomorrow...by....midnight? I hope. Fingers crossed, guys. My Christmas eve party is tomorrow. And 's gonna go down hard.

 

XOXO