Fraternities and Sororities

Officially Missing You - Alpha and Beta College AU

Ladies and gentlemen! This chapter will be the shortest out of all the chapters I hid for later. So take note. I will write a lot of long chapters.

 

______________________

 

 

Rewinding back two years from the day Kyungsoo's inevitable break-up with Jongin, the older boy was just about to begin his life in SM University. He always had an interest in Music, but his two best friends, Jongdae and Baekhyun, each had a respective interest in Law and English Literature.

 

So Kyungsoo made a compromise with them. In order for them to be in all the same classes, each of them took their preferred subject AND the subjects their friends did. So that made three each. Later in the year, the three of them met Joonmyeon, Minseok and Luhan.

 

Minseok and Joonmyeon both majored in Science and Music, whereas Luhan majored only in Law. So heck it all, why not just take all four subjects in one go? It made studying way more easier with them helping each other out. And a fraternity was formed as a result. They were the ultimate geeks in campus, and not even the jocks dared to mess with them, for a simple reason that no one messed with the jocks so far. Each led their own lives. And people were happy with these arrangements.

 

Of course, what was a college life without es and s? The Beta fraternity eventually found themselves being the constant tease of the Alpha fraternity and in turn, the Beta showed that they were not to be messed with. They had the talents and the brains, whereas Alpha had the looks and their strength. It was such an unlikely competition to begin with, because it wasn't as if the Beta could suddenly emerge with muscles twice the size of their body, or that Alpha would inexplicably emerge with glasses resting on their nose.

 

But the tension was there, and each wanted to prove that they were better than the other.

 

Jongin met Kyungsoo in the West Wing men's bathroom. It wasn't the most romantic place to meet, but Kyungsoo certainly found himself gawking at those delicious chocolate abs belonging to Kim Jongin and the other found this adorable. He wasn't the type who swung for the opposite team however, so he left the admiration at that. Kyungsoo was just cute to his eyes, nothing more.

 

But Kyungsoo wanted more than just the occasional glancing. Or stalking, for that matter. He wanted to feel Kim Jongin under his touch, even if it meant going the extra mile. And nothing made him more excited than to see Jongin walking down the hallways every morning with his backpack slung across his shoulder.

 

He always remembered to smile for Jongin, and that smile never failed to make the other's chest flutter lightly. Of course, Jongin would never admit this first.

 

Kyungsoo later found out that Jongin was a star in the university's soccer and basketball team. His fraternity mates each had their specialty. Chanyeol and Sehun were good in Tracks and Field, but Chanyeol preferred soccer above it all. Tao reigned champion in all the martial arts classes on campus. And Kris was just good at everything. Yixing mastered baseball and rugby, so no one dared to mess with him.

 

Well, it wasn't as if Kyungsoo was jealous of Jongin for being so good in basketball and soccer. He wasn't into sports. In fact, he was SM University's chess champion three times in a row for the last two years. No one could him up in that!

 

 

________________________

 

 

It took Kyungsoo a year before he finally gathered enough courage to spill out his feelings. And the moment was perfect too. Jongin was on his way back to the Alpha fraternity house after a long day at practice when Kyungsoo suddenly stopped him halfway. He didn't ignore the older boy of course, because he wanted to see Kyungsoo.

 

There was something about the way Kyungsoo smiled, and the way his swayed in front of his eyes. It made all the blood in his body tavel south, and though he would need to take care of his hard problem later,. nevertheless, he wanted to see Kyungsoo. It gave a light feathery fluttery feeling in his stomach and it made his heart skip a beat. But being the hard-headed he was, there was no way he would EVER admit that. Even if death was facing him with its pointing in his general direction.

 

Nu uh! Noooo wayyyyyy.....

 

Kyungsoo kept his head bowed the whole time, because goddamn, it was hard enough to keep himself from sweating with all these nervousness running in his arteries, and he had to think of how he should tell Jongin. So yeah, forget about meeting the younger boy's eyes. He just had to say it out and be done with it.

 

His own fraternity house was just sixty long strides away (and it wasn't as if he had been counting), and he could make it back on time before Jongin started laughing at his pathetic attempt of a confession. "Jongin-ssi....I need to tell you something." He started, eyes fixed on the ground. His fingers were twiddling nervously and his lips felt parched.

 

Ugh, why was it so hard to just tell this guy his feelings?

 

"Yeah, what is it?" Jongin asked then, leaning against the wall lazily and waited for Kyungsoo to continue.

 

Kyungsoo breathed in deeply and closed his eyes. It was time to fess up! Be a man, Do Kyungsoo. Stop running away like a coward. It's time to man up and just be out with it. No more hiding in the closet. It was easier said than done, because moments later, the poor boy found himself barfing out the day's lunch all over Jongin's sweaty jersey. Jongin stumbled back, too disgusted to even comprehend the fact that Kyungsoo was doubled over with his hands clutching his stomach.

 

KYUNGSOO HAD JUST ING PUKED ALL OVER HIS FAVOURITE JERSEY! LIKE WHAT THE ?!

 

In Kyungsoo's mind however, all he could think was, good going there, Do Kyungsoo. You'd just messed up everything. He had never felt so disappointed with himself.

 

 

_________________________

 

This chapter is a flashback, guys. So don't be confused. XD I hoped to clear off some stuff first before I get to the main story. 

 

 

I'm a er for his body. Sorry. God, spazzing like mad!!!