1 Year of Love and Chaos

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

"You don't think he forgot do you?" So Young anxiously sat in Junhyung's apartment with Na Eun, Jay, and Gina. She nervously played with her fingers. "H-he's been away and busy..."

"That's no excuse though," Jay looked away from the TV screen, pausing the video game she was playing, "He's an idol, and out of the country... So what? If he can't remember your one year anniversary, you should chew him out. Give him a piece of the psycho-So Young mind."

"Well-"

"That's not fair Jay," Na Eun narrowed her eyes at the tomboyish girl, "I mean, you try going days with only two or three hours of sleep. Then working so hard! I'm sure he sometimes even forgets to breathe!"

"You make him sound like he's stupid enough to do that." Jay smirked, amused.

"He was stupid enough to kiss Gina, no offense, when he's dating So Young," Na Eun glanced for Gina's reaction; she just gave a blank look.

"I really didn't mean anything by that Gina-"

"No it's fine," Gina shook her head, holding a hand up to stop Na Eun, "I know what you meant."

"Oh, ok..."

An awkward silence consumed the room as the four girls would each take turns taking a glance at the door, hoping the beastly rapper would burst through the door with a smile and flowers.

Gina was busily typing away at her cell phone, gracefully and quickly pressing each button then setting her phone down on the coffee table. She'd pick it up as soon as the phone went off, recieving a text from who knows who.

Na Eun was angsty, tapping her fingers on the coffee table as she'd glance at the clock then the door, the door and the clock. She'd sigh everytime a minute would pass.

Jay stared boredly at the door, switch with a glare, then continue watching TV with a bored look again. She spoke up, "It's been five minutes."

"Yeah?" So Young looked up from her cell phone, she had been texting her recent best friend, Joon. From what he's told her, he had hooked up with the fast food cashier he was hitting on when Hyuna, Gayoon, and her were at the place. He was going to bring her with him and Seungho.

What shocked So Young the most, was hearing her name. It's not a name she's heard since middle school, which would explain her own vague memory of her name. Huang Mina, was a good friend of hers when they attended the same middle school. However, when it came for the three girls (Mina, So Young, and Jay) to move onto high school, the three ended up splitting and attending separate high schools.

To be honest, So Young was happy today was going to be busy. She'd meet her old friend, meet up with new ones that have been too busy to hang out with her, and finally get to see her boyfriend after months. Well, he would come home, but he'd be too tired to do anything and drag So Young to bed with him to sleep. She hated being treated like a teddy bear, but it was his way for apologizing; she only figured that out when he started talking in his sleep.

"Hey," Jay woke up So Young from her trance, "Does Junhyung even know that today is you're one year anniversary? Let alone your birthday? I mean, you tend to forget yourself if you don't have a calender."

"Well..." So Young bit her bottom lip, "I'll just be happy to celebrate our one year anniversary. I don't expect him to know, I've never told him."

"Why didn't you?" Gina asked, "You've told everyone else?"

"Actually, I did." Jay raised her hand, "Like I said, she tends to forget her birthday if she doesn't have a calender."

"I'm surprised that it's my birthday too," So Young whistled, giving a small smile, "A lot of time has passed. A whole year...~"

"The others will be here soon," Na Eun got up to make sure the food, snacks, and beverages were ready for the party guests.

Junhyung only knew that their friends were going to his apartment that day to party; he thought it was to celebrate his and So Young's first year anniversary together.

"I still think he should know," Gina gave an unsure look, "Won't he get mad?"

"Maybe at first," So Young shrugged, "But it's too late, and everytime I tried calling him, he'd either hang up, say he's busy, or not even answer. It makes me wonder if he's cheating on me."

"I doubt that," Jay shrugged, "The idiot's not that stupid."

Gina and So Young looked at eachother with a big smile, and simultaneously said, "I guess not."

 

 

 

---

"Hyung," Dongwoon poked Junhyung on the cheek, trying to wake his elder as they were sitting in the company plane flying back from Indonesia to Korea.

He didn't answer.

Dongwoon poked him two mroe times.

No answer.

"Hyung!" Two more pokes.

No answer; unless you want to say an annoyed grunt was his answer.

Three more pokes.

"Hyung, I need you to help me!"

Dongwoon was too panicked to care what would happen after, and pushed Junhyung off his seat and onto the seat in front of him, causing the seat to go forward, and Hyunseung flying off the seat and onto the floor.

"What the hell!" The two screamed at Dongwoon.

"Hyung," Dongwoon whispered, he gave a horrified expression, "I can't believe you guys didn't hear me scream. There's a bug in here!!"

Dongwoon motioned to a small black dot on the cream colored carpet. Dongwoon went into a panic as he saw it move again. It crawled closer towards Dongwoon.

"Oh my god hyung!" Dongwoon screamed again, jumping onto the next seat, which was Yoseob's, and flailing his arms, which caused him to hit Yoseob and wake him, "Kill it! Kill the bug now hyung!!"

Yoseob stared at Dongwoon in a daze, and just looked around the plane. When Yoseob saw what Junhyung and Hyunseung were looking at, he couldn't help but laugh, even in the pain he was from Dongwoon's slaps.

"Are you serious, Dongwoon?!" Junhyung snorted, "You woke me up fro that?!"

Dongwoon immediately nodded. Junhyung just sighed as he slowly approached the bug with a tissue in his hand. When he was about to pick it up, Junhyung  changed his mind, threw the tissues over the bug and ran with a squeak.

"Oh my god!" Junhyung exclaimed with smooth rhythm, "It's bigger up close!"

Hyunseung mumbled, "That's what she said."

"Somebody kill it!!" Dongwoon didn't budge from his new seat, who was already back asleep.

 

 

 

---

"We're back-" Junhyung's mouth dropped, "Why are all these people here?!"

The room fell silent, and Jay rolled her eyes as she said, "Of course he wouldn't know."

"What?" Junhyung's eyebrows furrowed as he thought of the date, trying to figure out if it was a holiday or-

"It's our one year anniversary, Junhyung," So Young calmly said, with an amused smile.

"What-" Junhyung grinned and hugged So Young tightly as he started dancing and jumping, "Are you serious?! That long!? But I've been gone for most of the year..."

"Just make it up now," So Young smiled, "I don't mind you being away so much. The wait makes being together something to look forward to."

Junhyung grinned, thinking about how happy So Young could be to see him. He thought she'd be angry, furious that he was too busy to even hold more than a few minutes on the phone with her, that he'd been gone for months on end. It just pained him that he would have to leave, and for his Japanese promotions.

"I know what's going on," So Young gave a bitter smile, "I've heard on the entertainment news, you'll be leaving for Japan soon, right?"

Junhyung solemnly nodded, wanting to stay with her for a least a week, not just three days. He smiled when he heard her say, "Let's just spend the three days we have, together, ok?"

Junhyung's arms, which previously found a way to snake around So Young's waist without her knowing, quickly let go of So Young to replace the empty place in her hands. Walking backwards he grinned, "Let's start now then!"

 

 

 

---

"Can you believe it?" Junhyung smiled, a content and relaxed look on his face as he walked hand in hand with me. Everytime I glanced at him, I found myself smiling too, thinking the same thing, "It's been a whole year."

"It has," I sighed dreamily, swinging our hands together with each step we took, "Time passed by so quickly."

"I'm glad you stuck through for me," Junhyung spoke up, "I haven't been around... And I can't contact you as much. Any other girl would just up and leave me."

"I'm not like any other girl, now am I?" I giggled.

Junhyung chuckled, "Sure not."

"Anyways," I straightened my posture and tilted my head at Junhyung as I stopped in front of him, "I live with you. Where else would I go if I left. Home is too far from work."

"I feel like I'm being used now!" Junhyung laughed, poking my forehead. I just shrugged after sticking my tongue out, and before I could react, he's arms wrapped around me and I felt him take my tongue in his mouth.

After five agonizing minutes without air, we parted ways. We panted for air and I glared at him, he just chuckled and messed up my hair ruffling it.

"You're adorable when you're angry," Junhyung smiled.

"I can be scary too," I continued to glare at him. He just passed his thumb over my eyebrows, causing my face to relax almost instantly.

"Not to me," Junhyung grinned, "Not as long as I love you."