First Day on the Job (Part 2 of 2)

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

Fact: Jay is based on my friend, but her personality, other than the tomboyish-ness, is switched with mine! Haha. Really, I'm a bit more messy and unorganized, where-as, [real] Jay would babysit/watch over me... She doesn't like how I switched her personality, and constantly emphasizes the switch.

A/N: I skipped through the day. At first, I wanted some things to happen during the day on the job, but I felt too lazy to put anything. Anyways, enjoy the newest chapter!!! For my lovely readers/commenters!!!

P.S. I don't know if this chapter is good... I just rushed it. Please forgive me if it's horrible!


I sent a text to Junhyung, who had texted me asking when I was going to leave the cafe.

'You don't need to pick me up~ I'm fine on my own! -<3So Young'

"You're so lovey-dovey, So Young," Jay rolled her eyes and sighed, tired of me constantly, and randomly, putting out good word about Junhyung, "It's like you seriously like him. More than anyone in your life so far."

"Because, I do," So Young nodded, "As always, under the strangest circumstances, we meet, and I fall into a crush phase; only this has lasted the longest."

"That's true... And I don't think I've ever heard you talk about a guy so much—" Jay paused, "Wait, scratch that, there's TVXQ's Changmin and Junsu."

I roll my eyes and stuck my tongue out, "So what? Are you trying to say something?—"

"Get back to work!" The manager screamed from his office in the back, "I'm not paying you for slacking!"

"You're not paying us at all!" Jay and I yell back. I puff my cheeks and Jay sighs.

 

 

---

Junhyung was over Gina, over her completely. The slightly high pitched, yet matured voice didn't get to him anymore. Her vanilla scented lotion didn't intoxicate him. Her long soft hair didn't feel right when he brush her hair back...

"Don't you think..." Yoseob whispered to Kikwang, "Junhyung's acting weird?"

"If you think hugging and playing with a girl's hair weird," Kikwang scowled, "Then yes. I thought he's dating So Young."

"He is," Hyungseung nodded, "Aren't they?"

"Maybe they broke up?" Dongwoon pitched in his idea.

"That can't be right..." Doojoon reasoned, "He would have told us."

"Then why is he acting like Gina's boyfriend?" Yoseob asked, "I mean, I don't know what a 'boyfriend' looks like, but this definitely isn't 'friend' stuff..."

Junhyung couldn't say anything, he was shocked. The girl he loved, the girl that only left them because her parents (namely her father) was fed up with him, the girl that was forced to move to Canada because of him; she's right here, in front of him. Holding him.

"Jun," Gina's voice was low and soft, "I missed you so much, I kept the promise, I never dated again. Father isn't so fed up with you anymore now either. He—"

Kikwang jumped up from where they were huddled up, and stomped out of the room. Yoseob and Dongwoon gasped, mouths and eyes opened wide. Doojoon mumbled something unaudible under his breath, and Hyunseung watched Kikwang leave the room.

Junhyung kissed Gina.

 

 

---

"He hasn't texted back?" Jay asked, passing the broom over to me. The night has ended, and So Young and Jay were just cleaning up the resturant to close. "It's been at least a few hours hasn't it?"

"Well, he has practice, he's an idol." So Young shrugged, then sighed, "I'm sure he was busy with...Stuff."

"You're down," Jay had an unsure look, "Why so down again?"

"Eh," So Young dismissed it as she waved her hand. She continued to wipe the tables, "Don't mind me, I'm just tired. So much work today~"

So Young stretched her arms out, "As soon as we get back to the apartment, you can stay over, we'll eat!"

"Yum," Jay nodded with a small smile, "Instant ramen?"

"Can't cook anything else." So Young stuck her tongue out, "Unless you feel like cooking."

"Maybe," Jay shrugged, "Those guys from BEAST are going to come over too right?"

"I could tell Junhyung to bring them over..." So Young thought about it; she really didn't want to talk with Junhyung right now, "Or text Yoseob and tell him to follow Junhyung home."

"That could work," Jay nodded, and the girls walked into the back room to change.

 

 

---

When So Young and Jay returned to the apartment (at which, Jay was so excited about being how nice the outside of the apartment complex was), they didn't expect anyone to be there. Let alone, Kikwang. This was Junhyung's apartment after all, Kikwang didn't have much business in it.

The thought made So Young realize, "Kikwang, how did you get in here?"

"I duplicated Junhyung's key," Kikwang shrugged. So Young just nodded, "Anyways, we need to talk."

"Why, what's wrong?" So Young asked. Jay, sensing the tense aura radiate from Kikwang dismissed herself to go make a meal for everyone. So Young still had to text Yoseob, she pushed back the mental note, and prepared herself for what Kikwang had to say.

"I'm not even going to ask," Kikwang shook his head, it seemed like he was dismissing a thought he thought he said out loud, "I know you and Junhyung aren't really...dating."

"What?" So Young asked, "We are, Kikwang—"

"You are now, you weren't at first," Kikwang nodded.

"How did you know?—"

"I overheard you and Junhyung one day, arguing about...Prices?" Kikwang raised an eyebrow, he bit his lip to stop any laughter from spilling. This was serious, so he had to be serious.

"Well..." So Young looked at the ground, not wanting to look Kikwang in the eye.

"Plus, I'm better looking," Kikwang gave a grin, "I would've been your first love! Not Junhyung!"

So Young gave a small laugh, and Kikwang got serious again, "But...You know about Gina right?"

"Yeah..." So Young frowned, "Why did something happen between them?—"

"They kissed."

So Young's mouth dropped, "K-kiss?"

"Yeah."

"Mouth to mouth?"

"They definitely weren't giving air."

"Th-that...Junhyung kissed Gina?" So Young didn't want to believe it.

"He did what?!" Jay interrupted, knife in hand, "I just heard the word 'kiss' come out from So Young's mouth. I had to hear, so I stopped what I was doing..."

"No need to explain yourself," So Young gave a small smile.

"Just wait until he gets home..." Jay calmly said turning her back, mumbling witty threats.

"They kissed," So Young sighed, returning back to the thought. Then it hit her, she was just a paid relationship.