Secrets and Promises

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

After returning home, Junhyung pestered me, and even held me hostage; he held me by the waist, and even tightly gripped onto my wrist. He wouldn't let me walk away from him, and I didn't even try. I just stayed quiet as he continued to nag me.

His voice was low, as to not disturb our sleeping neighbors. "So Young, speak up," He said, "I want to know why you're so quiet."

"It's nothing," I finally speak up, fed up with his behavior, "Just bad memories coming up."

"What happened?" Junhyung looked worried, "You weren't like this, this morning."

"I saw an old friend," I frowned. The friend that everything revolved around, "And she isn't good news."

"Why?" Junhyung's curiosity got the better of him, "What happened?"

"It doesn't concern you yet," I shake my head, and tug on Junhyung's shirt sleeve with my free hand, "...Can I go now?"

"No," Junhyung persisted, "I want to know, I should be able to know...I'm your boyfriend after all."

"That is—" I was caught off guard when I absorbed what he just said, but kept calm, "—You don't need to know yet...At least, I can't talk about it yet."

Junhyung let go of my wrist, and replaced his hand over my waist, embracing me. He pulled me closer, and laid his cheek on mine. His warm breath and soft touch gave me goosebumps.

"So Young," he breathed, "...I don't want to lose you. Not when I just got you."

"What—" I blinked the tears back; his words got to me, it's not my fault for being such a softie, "—I won't leave you."

"You have to promise not to change either," I could feel Junhyung smile when he s his hand back to my wrist, and hold my hand close to his face; caressing his cheek, so soft and smooth.

"So Young," Junhyung suddenly said, after staying quiet, waiting for my answer (In which, he cut me off from answering), "Tomorrow, go out with me."

"Why—"

"I'll make you forget everything," Junhyung assured me with a smile. He's was the best friend and...boyfriend I've had (Despite being my first boyfriend), I love him so much.