A Proper Beginning To Us?

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

He took me to a fast food restaurant; he got a burger and some fries, I just asked for a drink. I wasn’t all that hungry, and who would be when you’re suddenly this big time star’s girlfriend? I nervously played with my straw, “What was that all of a sudden?”

Junhyung looked back from out the window to me, “What was what?”

“What was that?” I ask, sitting straight, “What was this sudden ‘confession’?”

“I…” Junhyung blinked, “I need an excuse to escape those fan girls.”

“I can understand that…” I say, taking a sip of my drink, then speaking again, “But was that necessary?”

“If it can get them off my back, then yes,” Junhyung said, “Look, I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience to you, I can make it up.”

“How?” I ask, “It’s one thing if you weren’t so famous. Now I’m going to either; one, have a bunch of antis or two, have many people bothering me about you!”

“I…” Junhyung said, rubbing the back of his neck, “Didn’t think of that.”

I sigh, “No, but I guess I shouldn’t be mad at you. In fact I can’t.”

“Star struck?” Junhyung raised an eyebrow.

“Far from it,” I bluntly say, “You’re not my bias, sorry, I just can’t hold a grudge.”

“You’re straight forward,” Junhyung sighed, that might have hurt a little bit.

“I’m sorry,” I say. I stay quiet waiting for him to say something, but he sits back in his chair and continues to stare out the window; looking like the charismatic and cool person he was.

He took a bite of his burger, then he quickly swallowed and leaned forward, “Go out with me.”

“Wh-what?!” I asked, “You’re kidding right?”

“No! This can be the way out of my problem,” Junhyung reasoned, he looked real set on this idea, “And I’ll pay you, it’s the least I could do.”

My mouth dropped. Two things; He’s asking me out, and he’s using money to bribe me into it! I bit my lower lip and thought carefully. My mom did complain about me being a freeloading genius, she said she wanted me to get a job…

There was something else that made it interesting, I’ve never been in a relationship before. Maybe….maybe this wouldn’t be so bad?

“I’ll…” I sighed, and held out my hand, “I’ll give it a try, but I have two conditions.”

“Yeah, of course, anything,” Junhyung said nodding as he shook my hand. There it was, my deal to the devil; I’m not just Song So Young anymore, now I’m Song So Young, Yong Junhyung's hired girlfriend.