The Drunk And The Sober

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

One, two, three…There were at least a few glasses of shots in front of Junhyung. He laid his head on the table, muttering something as he spoke with his head down.

Doojoon and Kikwang were on the dance floor with some girls they met, and Yoseob was…being Yoseob; he ran around the club like a hyper drunk. I never thought it was possible.

“Junhyung?” I asked, obviously worried about the drunken man in front of me. At first I poked his arm. Then I started to shake his shoulder, “Junhyung…are you okay?”

His words were barely audible. He was really drunk. I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t obviously just leave with him, he probably couldn’t even walk… But he needed to be somewhere…a bit more quiet. I know how the whole drunk routine works, my dad drank a few times. He should be somewhere quiet to rest…

At least, that’s what I felt he should do. Why did it concern me anyways? Well, I’m just too nice a person to let him suffer the already bad headache, so I did what I could; I tried to get him up on his own, helping him stand and walk. I walked towards the parking lot and his car, doing my best to dig inside his pants pockets (As awkward as it already was) to find his car keys.

“Junhyung, I’ll take you home, okay?” I say opening the back door and carefully lay him in the backseat, but then realize…I really wasn’t sure if I knew where to go. Darn it, I couldn’t just leave him either to ask one of the others to help! I’m…officially…screwed.

“Uh…” I sighed, closing the back door slowly. I didn’t want to disturb the already passed out Junhyung from his beauty sleep. I turn to make my way to the passenger seat, but I bump into someone in just a few steps.

“Ow!” Yoseob’s voice called out, I stepped on his foot…

“Oh! I’m sorry, Yoseob,” I apologized, backing up, “But don’t sneak up behind me! You scared me too…”

“Sorry, So Young,” Yoseob seemed to be the only person that was sober. Even Doojoon was a out of it, it surprises me what this boy can do, “Do you need help? What’s wrong with Junhyung?”

“Junhyung’s finished for the night.” I smiled, “But…uh…yeah I do need help. I need to get him back home, but I don’t really—”

“Oh! I can help you!” Yoseob’s smile was visible under the bright neon lights of the giant sign advertising the club, “I’ll drive, okay?”

“Sure,” I smiled, “Thanks, Yoseob.”