Lost & Found

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

Junhyung yawned as he turned everything off; TV, lights, and anything else. He groggily walked, dragging his feet, and passed by So Young’s room. He saw the light in her room was on, noticing the light from the corner of his eyes. He knocked on the door and found it odd that So Young didn’t answer, maybe she the lights to do something and ended up falling asleep…again.

He slowly opened the door to her room, and entered, “So Young—?”

“So Young?!” He called out, if she was hiding, it wasn’t funny. He noticed her window was open, he quickly approached it an looked out. He looked around the view from her window and called out, “So Young!”

He growled as he stepped away from the window. He flew through her bedroom door, grabbing his car keys, and storming out the door. He was mad— no, we was furious. So Young’s out, and as late as eleven at night. She could get lost, she could get hurt.

He quickly got into his car and started it.

 



---

He had his phone in one hand, wheel in the other, and he was also looking around for So Young. She could be anywhere, but he was still looking for her.

“Hello?” A voice on the other phone picked up.

“Yoseob,” Junhyung scoffed, “Where are you? Is So Young there?”

“I’m at home,” Yoseob said, “And no, So Young isn’t. Why, Junhyung, is she gone?”

“Yeah,” Junhyung said, then hung up after hearing Yoseob start bombarding him with questions. He didn’t have the time or patience to deal with Yoseob right now.

He called Hyunseung, Dongwoon, Kikwang, Doojoon, and just recently Yoseob. No one had any idea where she was. Damn, just great.

From the corner of his eye, he noticed a familiar figure, and instantly stopped his car.

“So Young!” he called after rolling down his window. He instantly jumped out the car when the figure turned around, he grabbed her arm when he saw her face, “So Young, what do you think you’re doing?!”

“…Uh,” So Young was shocked silent. It wasn’t that she was shocked, she was scared. He appeared out of no where, it seemed, and now was holding her arm.

“What are you doing out late?” Junhyung repeated, “You could’ve been hurt. You shouldn’t be out this late.”

“I-I,” So Young stuttered, then regained herself and pulled away from Junyhung’s grip, “You sound like an overprotective and clingy boyfriend, Junhyung. I was just out for a walk.”

A little crowd, from the very little people walking out this late, formed around us. Whispers like ‘Lover’s quarrel?’ or ‘What’s going on?’ or ‘I wonder if that guy is going to break up with her soon?’.

So Young folded her arms, sighing, “Let’s go then, Mr. Grumpy Glasses Man.”

She quietly pushed him towards his car. When he caught on, Junhyung walked the rest of the way and got into the driver’s seat. So Young was about to sit in the back seat, reaching for the door handle when Junhyung interrupted her, “You’re sitting in front, whether you like it or not.”

She followed his order, staying quiet.

 



---

The drive was silent. I could hear my heart’s rhythm, it was beating fast, because I was so nervous. Here’s a thought, I ran away and worried Junhyung sick. I could tell, I’ve never seen Junhyung so mad.

“I’m sorry…” I quietly mumble, looking down at my hands, which were neatly laying on my lap. I was stiff because I was tense. I was tense because I was nervous. I was nervous because I was scared. You get what I’m saying?

He didn’t say anything, so I repeated myself, making sure I was a bit louder, “Junhyung, I’m sorry.”

He stayed quiet focusing on the rode. I turned towards him and see his tight grip on the wheel. “I’m  really sorry, Junhyung,” I say, even more scared now, “I-I shouldn’t hav—”

“Yeah, you shouldn’t have,” Junhyung spat, “But you did.”

“I said I was sorry…” I said. I could feel myself shaking, and turned away as he glanced at me. I laid my head on the window, and stared outside. I waited for him to talk. He didn’t.