Us...

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

Seungho and Joon had already left for other important business, despite Junhyung’s complaining. I just quietly watched them with a small, amused smile. “We’re stuck here for the time being,” He sighed as he glared at the car, which had turned to corner and disappeared.

“So we gotta wait here?” I frown. I didn’t mind coming here, but waiting? I get bored too easily, “That‘s about two hours!”

“We don’t have any other choice,” Junhyung shrugged, “Unless you want to walk around.”

“What part of ‘I don’t own a license’ don’t you understand?” I asked, “I’ve walked around most of the time.”

“So then,” Junhyung said, “Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere but here,” I say. He nodded with a roll of his eyes, and went to inform the men that ran the garage that we would be leaving. He handed them his cell phone number, ‘in case we don’t come back in time’ he says.

 



---

“Why don’t you own a license?” Junhyung asked. I took a bite of the cookie he bought me and shrugged.

“I just never tried for it,” I say, “Walking means more exercise, so I’m fine with walking around. Or talking a bus if it’s too far.”

“Oh,” Junhyung nodded. I had an arm linked to his arm, last thing I needed to happen was me getting lost. My phone was at home charging.

“Is the damage on the car really that bad?” I ask, looking back at him.

“A few dents, and the glass was cracked,” Junhyung stated, “Other than that, it was only scratches.”

“But you’re car means a lot to you…” I finish.

“What I’m worried about is you,” Junhyung said, “You weren’t hurt were you?”

I chuckled, “You’re sounding like a real boyfriend. Nah, I’m ok. He just ran into things while driving, nothing big. We should be more concerned about you.”

“What?” Junhyung asked, “Why?”

“You change moods too much,” I bluntly put it, “You sure you don’t PMS?”

“That…” Junhyung sighed with an irritated but embarrassed look, “Mention that again and you see what happens.”

“Oooh, how scary,” I roll my eyes.

 



---

“I’m bored,” I whine. At this moment, we had finished our cookies and walked inside a nearby mall. We sat on one of the benches for some rest.

“They should have a movie theater here,” Junhyung suggested.

“Another date?” I asked, with a small giggle. Junhyung laughed as he raised an eyebrow.

“You’re taking us to seriously,” Junhyung said.

“Well,” I ask, “What is ‘us’ ?”

He looked caught off guard, it kind of hurt my feelings, but I managed to keep my expression. He eyed my curious, yet serious, expression. “…Don’t ask those things out of no where,” Junhyung said, looking away. He got up and took two steps before saying, “Come on, let’s catch that movie.”