First Night Out!

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

I don’t know what made me change into the dress, which on me stopped mid-thigh,  and walk out to meet up with Junhyung in the living room. He gave me silver heels to wear, this was a bit too much. After all, I’m only his fake girlfriend, right?

“You’re beautiful,” Junhyung commented, looking over me; I thought it‘d be nice to fix my hair, so I curled it and put a nice black hairpiece into it. He smiled, “Here, put these on. Then we’ll leave.”

As I carefully put the heels on, I asked him, “Are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

“This was Doojoon’s idea,” Junhyung rolled his eyes as he glared at TV across the room, “He wants to celebrate our relationship.”

“Oh…” I felt uneasy, “Are you okay with this?”

“This isn’t how I pictured it would be,” Junhyung shook his head, “But I guess it’s better than getting mauled by fan girls.”

“I guess,” I gave a weak smile. I just didn’t feel okay with this. I had all this time to get worked up over this, but then I’m upset now?! What kind of girl am I? I…should I feel ashamed for this?

“Here,” He held out a roll of money in his hands, “It’s 50 dollars. Extra…in case something happens.”

He blushed as he said that. I blinked and slowly took the money from his hand, “In case something happens? …Where are we going?!”

“Doojoon wanted to celebrate at a night club,” Junhyung said. He was already at the door, “Let’s go. I want to get this over with.”

“W-wait!” I say, quickly slipping on the other heel and stumbling my way over to him. I caught onto his arm to help balance myself, and he wouldn’t want to look at me.

“What’s the worse that could happen, Junhyung?” I ask.

“Well…” Junhyung rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. I tugged on the arm I held captive.

“Come on, tell me!” I say, “It can’t be that bad!”

“I don’t…drink much,” Junhyung said, “Because I can’t handle it. But, I’m pretty sure Doojoon is going to have me drink tonight.”

“Oh…” I say, “I‘ll stop you if it goes to far, okay? Don’t worry.”

Junhyung smiled, “Yeah…thanks.”

 


---

“So Young!” Yoseob’s voice called out, surprisingly enough, I could hear him over the loud club music. I guess he was just that type of person. “Junhyung!” He called out, waving us towards the table he and the others sat at, “You made it!”

I smiled at Yoseob as Junyhung lead me towards the table. His grip on my hand hurt, but I stayed quiet. Why was he so nervous?

“Yes we did,” I smiled, I pat Junhyung’s arm, trying to tell him to loosen his grip. He did, and I added, “Junhyung is…very excited!”

“He should be!” Kikwang said, “He hasn’t been drinking with us much lately.”

I looked at the table; Other than the two empty seats for Junhyung and me, Doojoon, Kikwang, and Yoseob took up the others. “Where’s Dongwoon and Hyunseung?” I asked.

"They aren't really much of the drinker type," Doojoon said, "So they stayed back, Hyunseung's babysitting Dongwoon."

“Oh, okay,” I smiled. Junhyung sat in the seat beside me to my left, Yoseob was at my right.

“So let’s get this party started!” Kikwang and Yoseob cheered, toasting their drinks (Which they had already ordered) and started drinking.

Doojoon smiled, “I ordered you a coke, in case you don’t drink. You don’t seem like the type to.”

“Thank you,” I smiled and picked up my drink, the cold surface made me shiver a bit.

Junhyung, after some time of staring at the colorful dance floor lights in a daze, finally got to drinking. I smiled, at least he loosened up, right?